Morning edition

Morning edition

The Good Old days sub-edition

The IW and IF were showing the UMs how normies they really were, but then the AL hijacked the thread. Not with memery, but with old memories. More of that in the old thread >INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8hPLu3gYq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for warsmiths.

Are jetbikes any good for a combat praetor?

Fuck Horus

Why do people shit on SW so much?

Horus did nothing wrong.

Nevermind, I've solved the problem. The exact wording for what flyers are available as a Suborbital Strike wing includes "A single Superheavy Flyer" that must not be normally allowed in the army list, so no extra Lightnings, but does not have the same "Cannot have a Heresy counterpart" as the other box.

That means I can have the Stormbird as a single Lord of War choice in a 4000pts or higher army, and without having to restrict the rest to an Allied Detachment and not being able to take the Skyshield Landing Pad it needs to be decent. I can even pick the 40k or 30k version.

Perfect. Huzzah for rules wording-fuckery, which is actually helpful for once.

Filiketos gunship is back on track.

Fat chance of that happening this year. But I guess I'll drop them another email about it. Not that they've answered any of the ones I've sent so far.

PERTURABO IS A MEME

Horus was a fool!

How's my newest Night Lord?

The Thousand Sons was good bois.
They dindu nuffin.

Would look nicer with less blood on the helmet.

They should have listened to the Emperor. He knee what he was talking about.

So the NL dress like DAs now? Spoopy :^)

The whole psyker hypocrisy thing, and some (SOME) members of the playerbase can be pretty obnoxious. For example, since Inferno dropped the mods on B&C have twice had to issue warnings in the SW tactica thread over excessive bitching and whinging. Nothing of the sort has happened in any other legion's tactica thread, it's just some of the wolf players who can't keep their shit together.

THIRTEEN
H
I
R
T
E
E
N

But... But then where I put all the blood I find?

What are some good cloaks for Custodes?

The Emperor is such a hypocrite, he bans psykers among the astartes and censures the Thousand Sons while making deals with the Chaos gods themselves.

Is the DAngel winged helmet a post-heresy thing, or would it be okay if I used them on heresy DAngels? I wanna customize muh duds, but I don't feel like upsetting my erautism

What?

Winged helmets are kosher. They are the emperor's angels after all

Like father, like thousand sons.

Pic related

So is everyone here that's going to make a Thousand Splendid Sons army just going to take terminators?
After looking at Guard of the Crimson King there doesn't seem to be much point in doing anything else

Awh man, Heresy DAngels look so much cooler than 40K DAngels
Welp, good to know cloaks are still in, too

Indeed, brother. I do wish they had kept the black armor I really dislike the color green

Nope. Everyone but the Emperor shouldn't be allowed to use psychic powers.

The loyalist a still wear black.

Does anyone have images of the secutarii stuff from Inferno? The link in the OP doesn't work.

In the novel Blind there's a puritanical sect that believes all psykers should be lobotomized, because they think only the Emperor can have psychic powers and free will.

Some progress on the flamer guys. Highlights and washes tomorrow.

Are you painting them with a brush? You really paint fast.

Sounds about right. Psychic powers seems to be the root of all evil.

Yes. I dislike the airbrush look.

Here's the PDF. On the whole, nice, shiny, fluffy and cool, even if they did nerf Peltasts a tad. I know I'm getting a Hoplite drop squad.

I wouldn't mind using an airbrush for basecoating.

That's also what happens in the Primarch: Magnus novel.

Old terran colonists realized psykers were going to destroy them, so they lobotomized them into non-existence.

But psykers are such little shits that they still managed to fuck it all up for them in the future.

Just use a big brush and lots of water.

Repent

The sect didn't want to destroy psykers, they still saw the use of navigators and astopaths. The idea was that they'd hook them into machines and just use them as biological antennas and sensors. They's just be psychic servitors driven by machine programming.

I hate 40k nü-wolves and the emphasis on wolf this, wolf that.

With the Vlka Fenryka, I like the flawed nature of all the legions, so their hypocrisy about psykers is okay with me. I like savage, spiritualist more than some mead swilling broheims with wolf sleds and wolf blades.

That sounds ideal. You can't be tempted by Chaos if you no longer have desires.

>I hate 40k nü-wolves and the emphasis on wolf this, wolf that.
Blood Angels, White Scars and Salamanders are just as bad.

Dark Angels is about to get shitted up with the plot advancement in 40k.

Forgot to ask in the last thread, what are you base coating with?

Ushabti Bone over army painter white spray.

Are there any Legio Custodes psykers?

His overall plan was to rid himself of psykers when the time was right, even navigators, in favor of using the webway for travel instead of the warp. But since the webway project all went to hell because of Magnus, that never happend.

Just like he rid himself of the thunder warriors, the psykers were just means to an end.

>while making deals with the Chaos gods themselves.
Any source on this? Has this been confirmed?

None whatsoever.

>so their hypocrisy about psykers is okay with me.
Stop liking what I dont like, user

t. Yiff apologist
When Blood Angels, White Scars, and Salamanders are literally riding on bats/horses/dragons, with the option for pet bats/horses/dragons, while covered in the fucking pelts of bats/horses/dragons, while ALL their special weapons and armor make bat/horse/dragon references, then they are on the same level.

My attempt at Yiffs
RoW: Pale Hunters

LoW
Leman Russ
Wolfkin
555 pts

HQ
Geigor
Wolf
150 pts

Wolf Priest
ML2, x2 Wolves, Artificer Armour
155 pts

Wolf Priest
ML2, x2 Wolves, Artificer Armour
155 pts

Elite
Apothecary x3
195 pts

Contemptor Dread
x2 CCW, x2 Graviton Cannon
225 pts

Troops
Grey Slayer Squad x20
x20 Bolters, Frost Axe
280 pts

Grey Slayer Squad x20
x20 Bolters, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs
280 pts

Grey Slayer Squad x20
x20 Bolters, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs
280 pts

Heavy Support
Predator x3
225 pts

Total: 2,500

Geigor and Wolf Priests go with the Grey Slayers and Apothecaries
Have the axe guy to be Bjorn
Leman, Wolfkin, one Predator and the Dreadnought stay in reserves
Our LGS doesnt do flyers at all, so dont have to worry about that

Is more of your stuff plastic yet?
Planned army is over 1k bong dollars if it's all coming from FW

>SW using Contemptors

The means justify the ends.

Yes they do.

Perfectly fluffy. Though I'd use the Cortus for the extra erratic behavior and shoddy construction.

Why? Is Leman hating Contemptors a thing?

What are they bitching about?

>yiffnoughts are so angry and frightful they make even World Eaters scared

youtube.com/watch?v=e8hPLu3gYq0
Whats the name of the music track in the video it's been bugging me for a while?

They just think that the Contemptor Dreadnaught drives the individual inside crazy. So Space Wolves being superstitious barbarians figure that it can't hurt to put an already crazy person in one.

>salamanders hate old night stuff, not allowed moritats or destroyers
>death guard hate psykers, still allowed to use librarians

They were falling to Chaos, "librarian" could be warrior-lodge types, or the underlings of independent-minded or loyalist commanders.
Salamanders' humanitarianism is ingrained in their culture, psyker-hatred is mostly a Barbarus thing that Mortarion took to the extreme.

Might as well complain about lack of a librarian ban on IF, UM, and all loyalist legions present at Istvaan 5.

In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the galaxy's ever known isn't biological. It's empyreal. Psychic power is what keeps civilization, our imperium, alive. Free the imperium, not by taking lives but by taking minds.

Probably not having OP rules.

I'm perfectly happy with what I got. I get to make extra HQs, buy some doggos, my tacticals got a little better, my breachers (which I thankfully didn't assemble yet) got cheaper, and the RoWs didn't fuck any of the things I already had.

Well that works for me, since a dread smashing into vehicles with his grav-smackers fits that fluff pretty well

May you school me on the Secutarii?
The GW Kyropatris was better I think (buy more minis TM) and neither Hoplites nor Peltasts surprise me.

As in, is it worthwile for a Reductor army to bring a Warhound so they can use Secutarii over Thallax as the compulsory troops?

Also, I though they would have Move Through Cover default.

I think it's also there to explain why they put Bjorn in a inferior boxnaught.

To be fair, the Space Wolves Legion stuff is pretty average and there are typos and half baked rules for non existent weapons all over the damn thing. Compared to the 40k version, Legion version is inexcusably tame. Its only really worth running if you run Leman Russ as well, imo.

And if you're about one man butcher army with everything else practically being his bodyguard and delivery system, we already have World Eaters and Angron for that.

Dreadnought dudes tend to go crazy in general it seems.

It's probably the picture but it does look more blak than blue. You might want to use some colour correction after taking your pic.
And use Bloof for the blood god on the helmet, with moderation. Not red.

Lion wears a winged helm in one of the stories, but in another just a simple silver circlet "by which the knights of Caliban were marked" or something in that manner. It's right in the prologue of the Prince of Crows.

Inferior in performance, but built Ford tough. They knew exactly what they were doing when they put him in there.

>our special bonuses are in the same league as our peers
>our Primarch is so OP he makes everything else mediocre by comparison

WHINY

LITTLE

As I recall:
>grey slayers don't go well with ICs (lose the running ability if they footslog, can't fit them in a rhino)
>grey slayers are difficult to use (rhino isn't an assault transport, footslogging is artillery bait)
(It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that everyone has those problems with tactical marines.)
>the roster is too restrictive and leads to monobuilds
>varagyr are shit
>varagyr need 2W
>varagyr should be able to take great frost axes on every model
>deathsworn are shit
>named special characters don't count as praetors for the compulsory HQ thing
>russ doesn't buff the army enough
Some of those are fair (the grey slayer troops leading to monobuilds, and the thing about redblade and fellhand counting as praetors) but a lot of it seems like inane whining.

>choosing your legions on what's the most powerful one

You got it wrong buddy, he didn't plan on getting rid of the psykers. On the contrary, he knew that Mankind was slowly becoming a psychic race, a la eldar. However he did wanted to protect it from Chaos with the Webway project, to avoid having it reliant on the warp and indirectly, Chaos.
How would he get rid of psyker when the whole race is slowly becoming psykers, ya dingus?

Somebody post that Ordo Sinister quote to this guy, I didn't save it.

>How would he get rid of psyker when the whole race is slowly becoming psykers, ya dingus?

Disconnect them from the Warp by moving the entire human race to the Webway. Short term would be Webway travel. Long term would be Webway cities.

It's funny how GW can't decide if the boxnought is any good or not. I mean, we're told that the neural interface makes it an extension of the operators body and enable them to fight like before, but then Bjorn complains about being limiting and it drives CSM dreads insane.

> Russ doesn't buff the army enough
THATS THE FUCKING POINT

It's not exactly the Dreadnought itself that makes this happen, except in the case of the Leviathan, because this one is so big that it duckq with the user.

It's rather the fact that the user is barely more than a chunk of flesh in a amniotic bath, former killing machine that can't feel anything anymore, and living in that condition for thousands of years with centuries long sleep at the time is not the best way to protect your mental health.

>death guard hate psykers, still allowed to use librarians
You what? Mortarion disbanded librarians.

Oh. Maybe. Mmm I should reread MoM since its the new fluff.

I think that CSM Dreadnaughts go insane because all their pals are assholes that treat them like shit for being a Dreadnaught. Meanwhile loyalist Dreadnaughts is cared for and respected. As a result hey get less desperate.

Oh crap, you're right. I missed something.

It's the right mix of badass and grimdark when it needs to be.

Badass in that you become a walking tank that can chew through enemies too tough for you in your former life, grimdark in that you are a husk of a corpse imprisoned in a casket for the rest of your life, which could be thousands of years, and with nothing more in life than being sensorily-deprived and sedated between the extended periods of intense combat, wearing yourself thin through that tough existence.

It's limiting in the sens that compared to feeling combat with your own limbs it's far from it.
Your performance might not be restricted, but your feelings of combat will be, beig entombed in a metal box and all.

And CSM...well they are CSM so no biggie if their machines make dudes go crazy.

They treat them like shit because the sensory deprivation is seen as a punishment and CSM are not put into dreads to venerate them, but to punish them.

It's really not.

I meant thats as the latest version of the fluff.

Helmet ideas for Lorgar?

I painted his face terribly, and desu phelmets look kinda cool on primarchs.

Yeah, the Secutarii didn't really change much, Peltasts lost a Strength point on the flechettes and a couple other minor changes.

They lack the MtC, but in a Reductor army they outright ignore terrain unless you play on a forest board, so it's not a big deal.

You want to bring a Titan, go nuts, they're shiny, but Thallax are decent and speedy scoring units, as well as hard as nails, so a couple minimum units of those are no real tax.
Personally I'm going to have a single 10-man Hoplite unit in an Arvus as my anti-tank drop squad, remember both Secutarii types are scoring troops as well.

Treat the Peltasts as an entire squad of Relentless Rotor Cannons, since they maths out almost exactly the same. Hammershot is slightly better vs. Marines, take it if you have some points spare.
Peltasts also mesh very well indeed with the Triaros, they fill it neatly to capacity. Two 20-Peltast units in Triaros, two minimum Thallax units kitted however and one or two min Hoplite suicide squads in Arvus Lighters seems like a superb Titan support force. Mix in some artillery, a wing of Vulturax and you've got an effective and sexy-looking army, even if no Titans are about.
I just wish they'd let stuff like Stormbirds and Ordinatii count for the Titan compulsory removal thing so you could have a Centurio Ordinatus or Baskilion Astra army, but no big deal, Thallax are sexy and have cool rules.

>Dracos Flameborn, Firedrake of the Salamander legion, wielding a Dragonscale shield and Mantle of the Elder Drake. He forged those items himself, including his Terminator armour, using his mastercrafted Thunder hammer Forgedrake
Eh, I don't know user.
At least I like the Sallies and heat and tough as fuck. Maybe the SWs like cold (YUCK) and vikings?
As long as they're not riding Thunderwolves and in company of Wulfen and Fenris Sorcerers fucks I guess we could be Fellow Warriors?

I respect Grey HUNTERS and Longfangs.

Techmarines & forgelords with rad grenades, and servitors & lightnings with rad missiles, are just fine to take in salamanders detachments however.

I assume user meant rules-wise.

Salamanders and White Scars are fine home-slice, they don't go overboard like the Wolves do.