Imperial Guard creation thread

Hey ho here we go! I am hoping that we make a regiment of jolly ol farmers from some agri world.

Anyway, here is the first roll:
>Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Imperial Guard: A true regiment, drilled and competent in their service.

Regular guardsmen, that's a promising start

>Recruitment Criteria d100

Rolled 6 (1d100)

All male [m/f ratio adjustable]

Sausage party!

>Nature of Recruitment d10

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Elite tithe: The best of the best of the planet were recruited for this regiment

Who's the best?!

We are!

>Home World d100

Rolled 80 (1d100)

This is looking good, atleast it isnt penal legion for the millionth time.

Civilized World: Soft as clay before the firing of the kiln; war is their crucible.

>Home World Predominant Terrain d100

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Rolls

Dead World: Able to make full use of the technology required to survive in such places.

Ok now it is getting interesting

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

I wanna roll!

Rolled 8 (1d100)

So how is it a civilised dead world?

Infantry Regiment

Maybe it's a vast underground city, biodomes, etc

>Specialization (d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Maybe its post post post post apocalyptic. No different than living in Dubai or Australia

Ohhhh, subterranean biodomes. That may be neat

Shock & Awe

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Heretical: This regiment has abandoned the truth of the Emperor.

Whelp....maybe they have some other faith instead of big E, so it's like a pagan worship in the eyes of ecclesiarchy (let's try and not go with a "lol chaos cult :D" )

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Modified Weaponry

What fun can we have with this? It shouldn't be a major modification, since it must be easy to build the equipment

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Rolled 96 (1d100)

Should we go with this wich is "for the homeworld

Or this that is "Esoteric Beliefs"

Esoteric beliefs seems to make more sense.

All agree that we should go with Esoteric Beliefs?

Aye

Ok then, moving on

>Regiment Friends (d100)

Rolled 50 (1d100)

Adepta Sororitas

>Regiment Enemies (d100)

Maybe they believe in a very strange definition of the greater good? Maybe they worship the Eldar Gods? Maybe they worship aspects of the Chaos gods different enough from mainline chaos worship that they become a different Pantheon all together?

Reroll. I demand a reroll.

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Reels
I like this.

And our enemies is the Eldar

That's the entire creation table!

reroll. they wont work with heretics.

Maybe they have a soft spot for us?
And we disguise our beliefs in a strange non-heterical way

Fine, let's have a re-roll, give me another d100

If it's modified weaponry, maybe it's got something to do with the Mechanicus. Like, they worship a variant of the Omnissiah because the only reason their planet endures is because of technology, so they have more faith in that than some dead old man on a shiny toilet. Or maybe they worship the Golden Throne directly as opposed to the person who sits upon it

or it is some distorted version of the imperial truth. something the original sisters of battle had..

Rolled 7 (1d100)

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Ok, another tough choice

this here is are Arbites

and this is the Schola Progenium

Arbites
Can they be corrupt enough to look the other way?

maybe they think the Emperor is nothing more than an avatar/prophet of the Omnissiah and - since he is currently reliant on technology for his continued survival and is little more than a glorified lighthouse besides - he mustn't have been a particularly good one, so they worship the throne that keeps him alive instead

> Or maybe they worship the Golden Throne directly as opposed to the person who sits upon it

And no one knows that because their symbolism has the Golden Throne and everyone just thinks this means the Emperor.

Exactly

I like this idea that the throne is the real god, and the Emperor is only the "amplifier" of the divine will of the throne

Can we get a recap?

What if we take the AdMech stuff one step further. In their iconography, eagles are very prominent...or is it a Dragon?

Either way, I say we need to try and reroll one more time or just chose who we want to work with.

Not until we decide our friends

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Rolling for friends...again

if it's another unfit/bad one then let's just go with arbites

PRAISE THE THRONE!

I don't see nothing wrong with Arbites. Our regiment could be basically an extra large version of a SWAT team. Sometimes the Arbites need lots of manpower, or they need to fight a small war but don't want the regular guard regiments in on it, so they call their little wars "Police Actions"

Huh..an imperial guard regiment. What do you guys think?

At this point we should either wait till we fluff them out a little more or stick with the Mechanicus stuff.

Eldar allies may be neat though

YAY. Should we roll one or chose a Fanon/Canon one?

are there any Canon ones with an above average veneration of the Omnissiah? cause if so we should maybe go with them

I'm not entirely sure...maybe a Skitarii legion?

Not really. Skitarii legions don't really differ in their dedication to the Omnissiah.

is the thread dead?

At this point, after reading this thread I think we should have them worship the traditional Eldar Pantheon. Each of their under ground biomes can be modeled after a craftworld

Or go some sort of pagan Pantheon