Healer Discussion

Greetings Veeky Forums,

first of all if this following idea finds no support than just turn it into some general discussion about healers(motivations to play one and such)

as one who frequently plays some type of healer, regardless of setting(magic healers preferred thou) and as one who is more...intrigued by munchkins than outright hostile to them i've had an idea/a train of thought/whatever you wanna call it...

what if a total munchkin, assuming hes also REALLY into healing (even tough that would never happen due to their constant attention-whoring practically forcing them to assume the role of a damage dealer) were to play a healer/full support? Might just be me but im my mind this sounds weird, confusing and maybe could even be played for laughs as it ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS the tension.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofwarcraft.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=xinlXxT1lTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The questions is - will this go the road of healsluttery or the road of body horror in the name of SCIENCE? Or perhaps both?

sounds fun enough, just kronenberg the entire party

i do think though that it would lead to the munchkin becoming some power-hungry bastard who goes all"i decide who lives and who dies"

Harden tough healer > Slutty bitch with a weak "talent" for healing

Healers are for bullying. If your healer is a buff cleric of a warrior god, that just means you need to get even stronger to properly bully him.

This.

Healslut is a dumb meme that needs to die.

But what if you like healing and you like sluts? What then, user?

no bulli healer pls
bulli healer pls

I like playing support roles because I supporting my teammates, tautological as that may sound. I don't particularly enjoy out-and-out combat, so I tend to try to find other ways to help out, and one of those ways is healing.

>what if a total munchkin, assuming hes also REALLY into healing...were to play a healer/full support?
Depends on the game. If it's 3.whatever, the cleric gets access to plenty of game-breaking group buffs.

You could be the doc with your own team of slutty nurses.

You make a roleplay profile and share with the rest of the class~

Always healsluttery.

Always?

Always. I'm not saying there aren't other reasons to play a healer but I am saying it's the best way.
>tfw healslut
>tfw no big strong martial to bully you

I'm sure something could be arranged.
Are we talking teasing and affectionate or rough manhandling?

They're not mutually exclusive.

I got into healing by way of trying to make my first wow character a shadowpriest back in vanilla, which means you get told to be a healbitch or fuck off. So i healed and hated it, people kept flipping their shit whenever anything went wrong, but getting groups was easy as fuck, kept shadowspec and still solo healed ubrs back when it was 15 man and played how low can you go with people's healthbars. When i finally broke and specced holy everything was piss easy because i was used to playing at a disadvantage. Slowly grew to liking healing because it felt comfy.

Then i discovered pvp healing. It's a sadistic kind of joy, two people having a fight, constantly having to outplay each other, but one guy is obviously better so he's about to win, he can taste the victory already, then all his effort is all for nothing because some faggot in a pajamas ran up and healed his opponent back to full health. Same in moba games, haven't tasted as much delicious allchat salt and outright allcaps rage as when playing soraka.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it delicious. Healers are slowly turning into the only thing I play.

Fact: martials should always carry their healers. Once per day, minimum.

Princess carry or piggyback?
This is important.

Why not the third, and most interesting route? The War Medic. There's something far more interesting to be found in a character that has to deal with his duties as a soldier and his Hippocratic Oath as a doctor.

I'm probably going to play this soon enough using an Alchemist.

Was in a campaign where a PC was the former medic for a team of government assassins. There was a decent amount of Dr. McNinja and ninja or doctor jokes made, but it was truly an interesting character concept that led to a lot of good RP moments

Either is acceptable, as is over-the-shoulder. Any kind of carrying, really. Princess carry a best, though.

Though out of curiosity, what difference does it make?

Some philosophy says that sharing knowledge via telling is imperfect. Instead teacher should try to get the pupil into the same situation they were in when they made the discovery and let the pupil find out for themselves. That will be my answer to you. Find somebody cute and ask if you can carry them.

I don't want to carry someone, I want to be carried.

But are you a cute?

I can't answer that objectively. I have been told I am.

Fair enough. Just none of that beating around the bush like >I'm tired and >my legs hurt. Straight up ask to be carried. Stuttering is acceptable.

Martials should carry healers and healers shouldn't carry anything except the martial's child. I shouldn't have to ask to be carried any more than the martial should have to ask me to heal or ask the spellcaster to spellcast.

>I shouldn't have to ask
Careful there. you're reaching critical levels of tsun...

I'm just stating the facts. I don't want Mr. Dumb Muscle thinking he's more than a meat shield and a mount. If horses could use magic weapons I'd replace him.

>If horses could use magic weapons I'd replace him.
Careful what you wish for, least it comes true...

No, it will go in the direction of tranquility and zen

I mean a non-rapey horse!

No refunds!

I wasn't shopping for a horse in the first place. I said IF they could use magic weapons--with the obvious caveat that they're also not going to rape me--I would replace the party martial.

I'm sorry, I think I'm lost.

I was looking for a board called "tee gee" but I seem to have found myself on Reddit.

No, you're in the right place. You're new here, but this is pretty normal.

And you don't spell it out when you're writing it. You just write Veeky Forums.

>bratty healslut
>dissing party members
>not getting raped is "obvious caveat"
Best you can bargain for is getting cuddled afterwards.

You don't rape bratty healsluts--or anyone really, I feel compelled to point out. You bully them. That's WHY you bully them.

Please.

Of course you don't.

Wait, do you mean you don't rape them, or you don't bully them?

Yes.

No. You have to bully healers when they're bratty. And you have to bully them when they're not bratty so they don't get bratty.

I don't get the bullying thing. I like healers, I like sluts, but arbitrary rudeness and cruelty just doesn't get my rocks off.

It's affectionate bullying, though. See

The trick is not making it arbitrary but rather carefully dosed and mixed up with sincere affection. It's not violence when there's love.

This. It's like teasing but you call it "bullying" when it's a healer. Like how you call diffusion "osmosis" when it's water.

It's an anime tsundere trash meme blending with D/s tendencies. Don't worry about it.

You'll have to define munchkinning for me, since I've heard it used in contexts that shouldn't actually affect how one would play a healer.

munchkining a healer is basically CoDzilla

Isn't that less healer and more combat monster, though? In my current game, our bard is disgustingly powerful support, managing buffs and heals effectively. We're all kitted to the extreme, and we have crazy synergy. Our individual builds are pushed to the limit of what works, and I've heard that called munchkinning, but that doesn't really affect how any of us roleplay. We aren't bandying our peens about. Does that mean we aren't munchkins? Is it a requirement of the title to try your hardest to be better than everybody else?

>Isn't that less healer and more combat monster, though?
The whole point of CoDzilla is becoming combat monster while not being any less of a healer. Eat the cake and keep the cake sort of deal.

Also when the whole party is munchkins nobody really stands out as one.

Fair enough.

Reddit is closeted homos

Veeky Forums is proud of their faggotry, our sister board is /d/ for fucks sake.

Get used to it.

Wait... sister? That makes the whole thing even more arous.. disgusting!

What's even wrong with wanting to bully or be bullied? That's the foundation of all the best relationships.

Hardly. Sounds like mind breaking people without them knowing. Playful bullying can be fun but from what I've seen on Veeky Forums, it's all sexual.

But I like being bullied.

I want wow PvP the game so bad.

One is efficient, the other requires very strong biceps.

>very strong biceps
Go on.

Good news, there's just the thing!
worldofwarcraft.com/

I think user meant pvp only.

Obligatory song
youtube.com/watch?v=xinlXxT1lTk