Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Implausibly impressive cities edition: What are your favorite cities in Golarion? What makes them so cherished or so full of opportunity? Is there a nation in the setting you think "deserves" a single "cool" city so you have a better excuse to adventure there?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
blackmarches.wikidot.com/lamia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is your favorite WotR app?

I like the gnome, her f-list seems fun.

Thinking about making a Falconer character with a big ass Roc for an animal companion.

Any tips for playing or building this class?

A B S A L O M
Just for the Starstone, but then you learn about all the gangs, the noble families, the traders, the colony of gillmen, the politics, the religions, all the little adventures to be had there.

I don't really like the flag though.

Am I the only one who misses DSP shillposting?

Eh, its to be expected. They aren't currently workin on any major important releases, so its currently not a major focus right now

Well there's the Falconer archetype for the ranger, which nets you a hunting bird companion at first level, though I don't know about its advancement.

My advice would be the Hunter class. It's a hybrid Druid/Ranger that gets teamwork feats to share with its animal companion, and it's solidly Tier 3.

Do you think there'll be a method of using spheres of might with 1pp martials that doesn't involve trading half their feats away?

I was actually meaning the archetype, but I haven't looked into the Hunter yet. Is it that good?

They'll probably add in archetypes or something.

All things considered though, most of the sphere talents are either equivalents to feats, or better, so its not too much of a loss.

Out of all the 1pp Martials, I'd say Fighters are currently most benefited, since they have the feats to spare.

The flag's actually one of the better ones in Pathfinder, it certainly beats Taldor's at least.

Also, don't Steel Dragons live in Absalom? Big ole mansions in a huge metropolis seems right up a Steel's alley.

It's mediocre, which is worse than being bad. It's not good in anything he does as both rangers and druids outshine a hunter. If youu want a hunter just take the beastmaster archetype of ranger which nets you more synergy with the animal and catch up to druid at level 12 for your pet.

Well it's 3/4 BAB as opposed to the Ranger's Full, but with teamwork feats, 6th level spell-casting, a better animal companion, all the nice ranger and druid stuff (and the ability to qualify as both ranger and druid for prereqs), and animal focus which scales really well and gives awesome benefits to boot, it's both good and really fun to play, probably the best of the hybrid classes.

The time when DSP devs posted about the design process and how classes or the industry worked was the most productive and informative /pfg/'s ever been.

Jolly's doing a good job in the gaps, though.

>aren't currently workin on any major important releases
RIP PoW errata. Gareth got super pissy when I brought it up, the lazy fuckwad.

user, that's what a hybrid class is supposed to do. If it was as good as either the ranger or the druid then it would supplant that class entirely, but instead it's a playable and moderately powerful mix of the two.

Link

Imma try to ask again in this thread

Is there anyway, aside from the Sohei archetype of the Monk Class, to treat polelarms such as a Glaive or Naginata as a Monk weapon?

She's just an incredibly busty Gnomish fighter-girl that enjoys practicing safe sex.

Ascetic Style I think?

Link to the game page senpai.

A hunter winds up with "the best" animal companion, though, on top of being a 6th caster who gets the best thing off of a ranger (spell discounts + animal companion) while still having other useful features. It's not better if all you want to do is be a martial for Big Damage, but a ranger isn't particularly amazing at that anyway.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy

I just rechecked it, and I guess that'll work. Though I'll have to juggle things around and commit to a single weapon.

Still, Style and Form should be enough to let me use a Glaive with Striker abilities. Maybe if I get those human Martial feats I can expand it to the rest of the Polarms. OR i can probably just convince the DM to use Feat Tax rules

Ascetic style needs the weapons to be in the monk group.
Maybe Ascetic Style (Tiger Fork), then Martial Versatility(Ascetic Style), which allows all Spears, Polearms, and Monk weapons to be used with Ascetic Style.

There are a lot of apps for this one huh.

All things considered, it flew under the radar. Practically stealth. I'd make a character for it, but I don't know if I should since I've got three campaigns already.

It'd be interesting to get some data on apps for ERP vs. non-ERP.

How do you play as a lamia in this game? I've seen that one app in bamboozle pirates with a PC lamia but I can't seem to find any sign of stats for it in the srd. Anyone mind Feeding me with a quick link?

blackmarches.wikidot.com/lamia

google "lamia commoner"

Play a Mermaid with the Strong Tail alternate trait, and refluff

>How do you play as a lamia in this game?

See Strong Tail is a given, add Constrict, replace Swim speed with Climb speed (Snakes are good climbers, Miia told me) and maybe rejigger the attributes.

So I'm making someone for the party(swashbuckler, brawler, barbarian, arcanist insofar) and I'm thinking we need a healer. I decided on a druid, and I just have to decide what kind of druid.

Storm blaster? Archer with Nature Fang? Melee traditional druid?

>Finally had time to work on Raunchy App
>Relieved when I finished writing up a satisfactory history
>Realize that I haven't started on the description of my character's personality
>Realize that I can't put together one of similar quality
>Realize time is running out
Why is my mind suddenly an uninspired blank? I was doing so well!

Pretty cool, are there similar rules for the other lamia kin like the half bird and half cat ones?

Goat Druid

Tell us more about the campaign so we can tell you about the specific type of goat you need.

So, we just killed a Graveknight with 1000 degree knife memes

How were your games this last weekend?

If a druid turns into some form of cattle, can you milk them?

You have enough hit-guys. If you go for a damage dealer, definitely be an archer, otherwise, focus on control spells and summoning.

All /pfg/ characters are now part of the pantheon.

What are their titles and domains?

>Al
... Is that supposed to be Aldern Foxglove? That's the only Al I can think of for Sandpoint.

Yes, but we cut him off and left. He's going to spread the word of our heroics.

The crusader game I'd run would be something close to horror, but I'd take Francisca, Kannas, Dossentistania, Vialla, Lucius/Irina and Mimi. And then possibly Joan, Haraa and/or Lorelei if required.

Maybe. Since Wild Shape changes you into any type of animal, it can change you into a specific gender of animal.

I don't know if cows are fed hormones to make them produce milk before they've had their first calf.

Amalthea would be "The All-Mother" and we'll finally have a dedicated fertility goddess that isn't Tian or Evil

Are the Witch/Shaman classes Spirit and Patron real things?
Like.... In D&D odds are that your warlock has met "something" to sign a pact for magical powers. Is this also the case for like... a Shaman's Bone Spirit?

Well, I don't know about dairy cows, but anything with udders that size had to be fed something special.

How did the friday and saturday RotJR sessions go? Did we get greentext for them yet?

Yes.

Essentially. Its left extremely vague to be more flavor agnostic. You could be communining with the animist spirits of the world around you, or you could just be using tribal traditions to manipulate conceptual entities.

Figured I might as well repost in case anyone wants to weigh in.

Not according to Feiya's character bio on the Paizo website.

I haven't read the Shaman iconic's bio.

If not, then that's how it works in Golarion. In anyone else's campaign, then maybe.

SotJR here.

In that case I am very worried about the state of the world when there are Bone and Slum spirits out there.

Aranha, the Silk-spun goddess.
Lady of spiders, silk and innocence

>Bone
Graveyards, mass graves, lingering dead spirits, Not!Indian burial grounds
>Slum
Any large and congested enough inner city, or poorer urban neighborhood (like a ghetto). Cities are not nice places, and when you have that many people and that many issues concentrated in one spot, things will settle and build up on the bottom

>and we'll finally have a dedicated fertility goddess that isn't Tian or Evil

We've got that bunny goddess that married Dispater and is only known for having Ragathiel!

But yeah I totally agree, having a dedicated "bounty and fertility" deity is desperately needed.

What was Paizo thinking when they designed a Pantheon that lacked the basic archetypes?

Backstory is 90% of the reason you're going to get in.

Bite the pillow and write a paragraph for description and personality. That's all, even if it sounds a little awkward.

Have you see Ghostbusters 2?

Vigo is those patrons.

>bunny goddess
It was a fire elemental

>Doing it now

We'll compromise.

Too safe if you ask me.

Also

>faves: cum inflation

>No: Risk of Pregnancy

:/

Sounds like fun. What was the funniest thing that happened? What was the cutest thing that happened?

She wants to bulge with seed, not breed.

Man, she must have really wanted him to feel her up.

user, if you've ever worked with cows you'd realize they really, really, REALLY like it when you work their udders.

Aranha's silk comes from her BUTT!

I prefer mine to be part Grass type as well

Her favored animal is the rabbit.

Aranha's butt is CUTE and PURE!

What is this? A Cow for ants?

>>faves: cum inflation
>>No: Risk of Pregnancy
simple

>touch the ants

Onryou, the Boisterous Beauty.

Goddess of self control, cooking and feasts.

Full size for me baby

Should I use the one that was lost in the Server Crash, or the one I built recently?

Yes

Anal sex *is* listed as one of her favorites.

That said, do be aware Gnomes can't get pregnant except by other gnomes... Or demons. So her setting Pregnancy to "No" isn't so much "I don't want you cumming inside me" as it is telling the DM she doesn't want to be some demon's breeding bitch.

nigga you blind

But she still poops silk!

Nu uh! Silk comes from spinnerets, which are NOT butts!

You seem to be mistaken, Aranha is a spooder not a spider!

> self control

Oh im lafin

Actually, the web glands are more like highly specialized sebacious glands, meaning it'd be more accurate that she "sweats" web, not poop it.

"This is my legacy on the internet and I'm okay with that." -GraphiteKnight, 2017

Is there ANYTHING beyond Shocking Grasp spam for Magus? I really want to like this class but fuck, I can't bring myself to play one. It seems so boring.

Snowball spam.

Her abdomen's more like a tail really, all told.

That sounds terrible. What if she gets hot? Does she just spontaneously spawna cloak I hot weather?
in

Of course not, she spins an umbrella to shield her from the hot sun because she is a delicate lady.

Dimension Door shenanigans can be pretty fun, and by RAW you don't need dimensional agility to full attack after a dimension door provided you're using spell combat, since it's all part of the same fullround action.

Hexcrafter to stab people with curses

Eldritch Archer is fun but kind of just replaces shocking grasp with snowball

Dimension Door/Dimension Agility into Shocking Grasp.

Quickened Bladed Dash Shocking Grasp, Intensified Spell Shocking Grasp.

There are options, user.

Really, though, just look up the guides in the pastebin. Also, SoP Magus.

Isn't that because it's physically painful?

Valwryia

Goddess of subtle bustyness

Snowball spam on ranged magus, bladed dash for magus-pounce, hexcrafter for flight and slumber spam, not to mention having a familiar to demoralize/coup de grace/magic missile wand spam.
Also there's enforcer/cornugon smash + rime frostbite which inflicts fatigue, entangled, and shaken all at once.

It's a class that has a cool set of mechanics, but is just poorly put together. I still stand by the claim that Pool Strike should have been a core feature, with a "lesser" version that could be used at no cost. Unfortunately Paizo will never go fix their shit, so suck it up faggot. Spheres will also never just remake the entire class because "mageknight totally does it!" and "the spheres archetype works fine!", even though they aren't.

Aside from that? You're going to be stuck using most spells for what little utility you can squeeze out. Bladed Dash/Storm Step are pretty cool, but Shocking Grasp is so depressingly core it's not even funny. Frostbite/Chill are memes, anything with a Saving Throw that can't be repeatedly applied to a target at little cost is a joke, and your weapon selection is laughable.

I said highly modified. In the same veign for mammals, the mammary glands are also originally highly modified sebacious glands (hence why monotremes secrete milk from a skin patch, rather than a nipple)

A spinnerette is actually composed of dozens of small spigot-shaped glands that each produce a single thread of protein. The spider controls the number and amount each spigot produces, then weaves them into different kinds of strands of varying composition and thickness.

As such spider silk doesn't actually come out in strands, but rather really fine ropes of braided protein strands

Lameeka, patron goddess of kobolds, alchemy, and tail rubs