Veeky Forums magic plane

Idea i had was for us to make our own magic plane due to my disliking of kaladesh.
let us build Veeky Forums

magical vikings
the setting has five factions each a two color combination of the rival colors
black/green
black/white
green/blue
blue/red
white/red
each are deticated to a form of norse gods mixed with mtg

god of sickness and the forsaken(black/green)
god of war and civilization(red/white)
god of death and the beyond(black/white)
god of monsters and growth(blue/green)
god of chaos and storms(red/blue)

each are in warring nations like Tarkir

the sixth fallen god is colorless and his faction is hated by everyone

his name be moot

like just vikings or some roman like ones to i believe red/white would be a good Rome while green/blue should be shamanistic

Low fantasy or High Fantasy

Why is parasitism misspelled?

what kaladesh

I think just going with vikings is kind of boring
Maybe other "failed" civilizations like the native american and babalyon

>god of monsters and growth(blue/green)

What is now blue?

yea and some Aztec and others we can think of

replace roman and vikings with carthage and other cultures too

What? It's like the God that Simic would worship if they weren't enlightened by their own intelligence.

Kingdom of Kush
Xiongnu
Yueshi

Vikings can fit with the god of chaos and storm
Native americans can fit in with the god death and beyons
Aztecs/mayans fit in with god of beast and monsters (lots of evidence for evolution came from south america)

And thats if we use the more generic failed civs everyone knows about

i just thought of Indonesian rot-farmers for black/green

fall-of-rome ruins social justice warriors with a virtue signalling mechanic

now a good question is are these symbolic gods or real ones?

I'd kind of think it would be nice if they were "Real" but have become "Symbolic" as they've all died in some great big Ragnarok kind of apocalyptic war.

moderately grim universe seems to fit some of Veeky Forums's interests somewhat.

I also remember the last time we did mtg planebuilding. Good times.

fucking Aztec biomancers summoning feathered hydras covered in blood marks

so much win

both?

"five multicolored factions" sounds a lot like Alara and Tarkir

>instead of sacrificing slaves for the sun god they sacrifice slaves to keep control of and summon there beast
>aztec biomamcer cults transforming slaves into bat men and monkey men

yea but if we add more it becomes Ravnica

as well as warriors wearing the skins of slayed beast that they summoned but became out of control

I once had the idea of a detritus plane. A whole world or worlds that was made up of bits of dying and dead planes from throughout the multiverse, as well as groups of people/creatures from other worlds. The whole thing was a pet project of some Planeswalkers trying to salvage worlds they liked.

Rate?

nice idea with hundreds of races and cultures smashed together like Alara but worse

So far

Red/blue faction of vikings who follow the chaos god of storms
Green/black faction of Indonesian rot farmers
Blue/green faction of Aztec biomancers with hydras and bat men
the others are not found yet

and all factions are based on "failed civilizations"

Set it in space.

Don't think any MTG Plane has been a galaxy yet. Or a star system.

but most MTG settings are in fantasy settings that just feels weird how would firearms and space travel fit in

>Star Wars

what?
how would the vikings,aztecs,and others fit in space travel would make monsters useless hell it would make ground warfare useless

Not sure what you misunderstood.

SW is fantasy with spaceships. Viking starships suddenly dropping out of the sky during a raid against Aztec ground positions sounds rad. So would the resulting battle once the Aztecs started pulling monsters out of thin air to fight.

Not everything has to be set in space
Also, the aether is baiscally space and planes are baiscally planets

okay sorry for the miscommunication that does sound cool so what style of starships are we taking i don't think the stream line starships of normal sci fi would fit instead like wood ships or something along the "fantasy" lines

I would imagine it'd vaguely resemble Spelljammer, in the sense that spaceships are closer to regular ships powered by mana-engines than something from hard scifi.

Shit, the Aztec Biomancers would basically grow their ships.

yes so much yes
also like floating aztec temple ships

What if all these factions figured out ways to pull off inter planer travel?
Meaning that all these factions are from different planes and have gone to war with each other

Fuckhuge Bat-wings in place of sails, possibly releases "Rainbow-Snake" starfighters like spores?

The Vikings would sell slaves they stole off Ravnica/Innistrad for sacrifice by the Aztecs?

harnessed planeswalker sparks instead of planeswalkers being famed and powerful they are hunted from fuel?

It isn't. Parasatism isn't the same thing as parasitism.

we need a defecation and urination plane, piipooprius

the plane is a gigantic sewer world that places portals in other planes's toilets and steals their poop and pee

two warring factions use their poop and pee to power their cities, pee with hydraulics, poop as fuel for incineration and thermal tech

flush and overflow mechanics - flush grants buffs, but overflow can be triggered as a backfire mechanic

what are you on beacuse i want some

and what of the other three factions if this is going to be in spess

Spelljammer +MTG + drugs

Yes

Not spess
Just inter planer empiers fighting it out
Some other factions we can use could be native americans and romans, i heard indoneisan rot-farmers getting thrown around

so names for each plane and some battles or how the started

>little planets in space
>they're all at war for some reason
>mtg with space ships and sci-fi themes

Unless this already happened. I don't keep up with mtg.

the theme is sci fi + fallen civilizations

The Legendary raiders of the Vosluk are famous for the pioneering of planar travel for the extending of their "viking" raids that pillage many a world.
However their first recorded experience of resistance was the First Raid Of Marnica,the home of the beastmaster cultists that roam the planes vast woods and wetlands.The two planes exchanged blows and after the seven hundred "athership" fleet was destroyed the Volsuk routed

this event lead to the invaded plane to create massive bio ships to carry their beast gods to other worlds for new resources.

A second record of Vosluk battles was the skirmish at Golund,at this battle had the legions of golund,devotees of Kolum,battled the "viking" fleet of Ulsagh the Mighty who personal lead the strike on the Golund capital and stole the empire's greatest treasures for his collection

so five planes with planar travel much like spelljammer the five are :Vikings(red/blue),Aztecs(Blue/green),Indoesians(black,green),Romans(red,white),and baboloyians(white/black)

>Colorless
No more of this please

Agreed. I like the concept/joke, but colorless is awful.

Yeah again it reminds me of this "Planeforger" thread. pic related.
I'd say spell jammer by way of the "scale" of cowboy bebop.

The Plane is an empty dome with little planets floating in it. there is a "GREAT WALL at the boundaries of their "Solar System" through which light from the Whirling Infinite (or was it Blind Eternities) spills through to make the stars.

I remeber those threads
They were pretty cool

>Red/blue faction of vikings who follow the chaos god of storms
What is blue about them?

Portal II already has firearms, Alaborn. Also, we're currently in the middle of NASCAR block.

>awful
How so?

Eldrazi are a mistake.

Okay, so if everyones cool with the factions, we have to figure how the color combinations fit into there society

If I had my guess. Engineering and artifice. Maybe some precognition stuff.

They could be the faction that kicked off this in-plane space race thing with their magic space canoes.

Red for warrior culture, blue for seers and engineers that they work together with to get them where they need going?

>NASCAR block
holy shit I've never heard something so accurate, it's either that or battlebots

I quite like the idea of this being within one plane, that happens to function like space, rather than some interplanar war. The "nations" being their own little moons orbiting in a total nonsense fashion, a la elderscrolls.

if we're still going with the theme of vikings or native american, Aztec, Babylon etc. Why not take inspiration from gods within their cultures and base the factions around them?
as an example
>God/Avatar X was such and such(kind and benevolent)
>Looked like or was interpreted as Y (birdman or some shit)
> it's followers did Z to worship it. (flew around screeching like birds)
>God/Avatar X fits Color A, Color B, it's mechanics could revolve around Z based on it's lore.

wouldn't that be a better way to base both creature types, mechanics and lore while still fitting with the theme?

So then, vikings find a way to travel from plane to plane raiding the other factions
This pisses them off so much that it causes them to seek out ways to perform inter plane travel
This leads to a big inter plane war
First we should focus on fleshing out the factions and how the colors fit, then how they started fighting, then there playstyle
Personally i feel like we should divide play style for each faction based on how the warriors would play, and how the priest would play

>interplane war between aztecs, vikings, etc
brilliant

Black/white could be Native American themed. They could wear bone armor and have rituals that fit both white and black. Even some room for spooky native stuff like wendigos and spirit buffalos