D&D "roleplaying":

D&D "roleplaying":

>Okay, I attack.
>Don't forget your +2 modifier because you're raging.
>Hey, my Aura of Assistance gives him +1d6 damage, correct?
>Right, yes, okay, 24, that should hit-
>Wait, you get disadvantage because of the mage's Nightmare Field.
>Ughhhh okay, I will spend my Action Surge to try again.
>Just a moment, I need to calculate his AC, it's affected by his Rod of Wonder
>...

Dungeon World:

>I leap across the chasm, my hands clasping the amulet granting me the power of flight, and plant it straight into the evil mage's face
>Okay, looks like a fairly difficult Hack and Slash move to me, go on and roll

But Dungeon World is the shitty game, right?

I am a PBTA fag, at this pasta is triggering me.

Fuck off you fucking shill

Dungeon world is shit

You are shit

Your family is shit for creating you and not infanticiding your stupid disabled ass by leaving you in the woods for the vultures where you belong

Your entire lineage is at fault for your crippling autism you stupid bitch

Go away

i could have sworn i have read this before, OP

How many days in a row are you going to post this shit?

until you stop responding silly

In my system, you always roll a d6 and succeed on 3 or lower for anything you do. Clearly, my system is better than dungeon world, right OP?

Fuck off virt

Its cool you sort of learned from last thread and tried to fix your bait, but damn dooder. Get it together.

What do you have against dungeon world anyway? You seem hellbent on getting everyone on this board to hate it by association.

Nothing? If you hate it by association, that is only because you are being forced to confront the uncomfortable truth that Dungeons and Dragons is a shitty game and always has been. It's complexity merely detracts from enjoyment because it does not know how to create interesting benefits rather than a horde of bonuses, maluses, and advantage/disadvantage crap. It also piles on a shitton of shitty abilities that do not contribute at all to the story, merely to your character's killing power, which at best causes the DM to adjust encounter difficulty to match your powergaming. The entire game is built around being as powerful as possible, rather than telling a story, and that is why Dungeon World would always be superior: it is superior in it's goals and implementation, right down to the core crux and conceit of the game.

Do you seriously believe that you make people want to play DW when you keep posting like this?

Describe in detail the last game of dungeon world, including rules used, that you actually played.

How about you describe in detail the last game of Dungeons & Dragons that you played? Make sure to tell me all about the riveting +2 modifiers and how without them you couldn't have possibly told a compelling story!

No, he doesn't. He's false flagging again. He does this shit all the time, though usually he's even less subtle than this, if you can believe it.

I'm the only one who knows the rules so my 5th Ed games go like the latter anyway.

so forever. great.

So you haven't. We know. Its cool. Just like go back to russ posting or some other shit. You need to learn how to space out your baitposts.

>the story
the story is but one component of RPGs and everyone who fetishizes it, is a jerk. or a shill (storygames need a PR shtick after all and neckbeards are ripe marketing victins).

Remember to sage and hide, people.

Currently running a game using Dungeon World. OP is a nigger.

Have tried DW for a few sessions. Was ok, but not really my cup of tea. Don't let OP discourage you from checking it out if a rules-lite narrative version of DnD sounds like your thing.

Looks like failed his Charisma saving throw against being buttblasted! Should've taken the Greater Internet Arguments feat, champ, it'd mesh really well with the rest of the neckbeard build you've got going.

>got nothing
>fall back to personal insults

cute

>spend most of D&D sessions feeling like I'm playing a board game while I just want to tell a cool story with my bros
>spend most of DW sessions feeling that every bit is entirely arbitrary and up to the GM's whims

Is there a middle ground? PLEASE tell me there's a middle ground.

It's a difficult place to reach. Personally I think lighter versions of stuff like GURPS or BRP gets close.

yes, my upcoming RPG :^)

Play a good game like FFG Star Wars or WoD instead.

Yeah, OSR games.

IMHO GURPS (with a few options, but not a bunch of them or overly heavy ones, added) fits into that perfect 'sweet spot' pretty well.
There are a ton of systems which fit that general description, though, so it's pretty much down to taste.

I like 13th age

Neither of those games are good, though. One is for hipsters with more money than sense, the other is for edgy teens who play only one RPG so they can ignore it's shitty mechanics and the fact that shooting a 9mm hits 90% of the time but only kills in one shot like 5% of the time.

OSR games offer absolutely nothing. You cannot name one good or unique thing that they do that other RPGs do not.

>Star Wars
>For hipsters

Play Call of Cthulhu or Dark Heresy, depending on your preference in setting. Swords and sorcery is cancer. I've heard good things about Legends of the Wulin though I've never tried it myself, so maybe there's something there for fantasyfags?

Hunter the Vigil is cool. I don't know a better system for playing vampire hunters in a modern setting, if you know one I'd really like to know your recommendation.

Hipsters are basically the normalfags of tabletop gaming. So yes, they would gravitate toward a Star Wars RPG. It also provides "new and unique" dice mechanics through its 15 shekel special d8s that are required to enjoy this game's amazing degrees-of-success mechanic which absolutely no other RPGs on the face of this planet have.

Fucking d20 Modern is better than anything ST-system-based.

>bumping a shitty troll thread from page 10

>Also

>Fucking d20 Modern is better than

You bite your tongue, user! Trolling is one thing, but actually suggesting d20 Modern has any redeeming qualities is beyond the pale!

Keep telling yourself that sport.

>Hipsters are basically the normalfags of tabletop gaming
How does that make any sense, or track to anything?
Are you even gonna *try* to justify it?

Remember you're in a troll thread, folks.

When you Start A DND5e Game, roll +Grognard. On a 10+, you and your group mod the game to fit your desires and have a pretty good time. On a 7-9, choose one:

> The group's enjoyment is downgraded from "pretty good" to "okay"
> You have to share with everyone why DnD5 is so great.
> You are cornered by fans of other games/editions and forced to listen to why their game is superior.

On a 6-, choose two from the 7-9 list. Also, your next campaign will be Pathfinder.

When you Start a D&D 3.5 Game, roll +Grognard. On a 10+, you and your group get an enjoyable story worth sharing with others. On a 7-9, choose one:

>One of your players pulls out an image of an uncomfortably under-dressed popular anime character to use as a reference for what their character looks like.
>The party descends into in-fighting because one of your players decided to use the "Chaotic Neutral" alignment to justify being a total jerk to the rest of the party.
>One or more of your players used non-core rulebooks to make an overpowered character you can no longer reasonably challenge without wiping out the rest of the party.

On a 6-, one of your players removes their skin-mask to reveal that they are in fact Monte Cook, and promptly disintegrates all non-spellcasters in game.

>Swords and sorcery is cancer

Underage spotted.

>It also provides "new and unique" dice mechanics through its 15 shekel special d8s
I'm convinced that it's just a handful of anons (if not literally one guy) who's this anal about Star Wars' proprietary dice, especially since Veeky Forums gives Warhammer Fantasy RPG a pass despite having custom dice too. You can get FFG dice for so much cheaper if you're not buying directly from the retailer, and you even get a set with every starter box anyway.

I'll take specialized dice/cards any day over these "narrative, rules-lite" games that look like they were typed up in Word on someone's lunch break.

>Okay, looks like a fairly difficult Hack and Slash move to me, go on and roll

Awww, I was hoping OP wouldn't fix the error in this section pasta that showed he's never actually played Dungeon World or read the rulebook.

No. No it isn't.

God Fucking Damn this post reminds me of how much I want to fuck this apple. Anyone else with me on this? The Apple's just asking for it, taunting me with it's slutty crispness.

>it's

>They're

>Th'ei'r

>D'riz_z-t

>Ethé'rû'th'dúr, High king of the high elves

>'":^@:^*,,,,[(((??;A,,,"

>SyntaxError: (unicode error) codec can't decode bytes in position 0-666, Destroyer of Universes

>Robert'); DROP TABLE students;--

>

Dependant solely and totally on the GM and players. They are what makes the game good. Otherwise Rifts and D&D and WoD wouldn't exist anymore because all three are absolute shit games.

Sadly, DW is even more of a shit game.

>D&D roleplaying
>I swing across the chandelier and take a swing at the gobbo
>DM "+3 damage for awesomeness"
>Rules Lawyer *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING* *AUTISTIC SCREECHING*

Why has this terrible bait thread not been deleted? There's nothing of value in it.

The mods don't actually know ANYTHING about traditional games. Given their unfamiliarity with the topic, they're hesitant and unsure about whether or not it's actually bait or just a contentious topic, and err on the side of doing nothing.

You'd think they'd notice the guy keeps posting it over and over.

It's not that, it's that Mods don't care about the OP so much as they care about the results, and bait threads always tend to veer off into some discussion or other, which is the point of having threads. I'm

The logical course of action is to post so much random bullshit the thread either completely de-rails into something interesting, or it gets trashed.

So, another rules heavy vs rules light shitpost?

>AIDS is bad
>let's get cancer instead
The Thread.

>taking day old bait
>bumping a day old bait thread

This post is exactly why Trump should outlaw the letter Q so Sesame Street can stop pushing it's Alphabetist agenda on homeless Dachshunds and Purple Cucumbers. The establishment is telling my uncle to poison me with meds that make me think like them but I won't let them because Steve Irwin told me I'm the Chosen One, AND the Chosen Two. They can't catch me because of the wings Red Bull gives me for performing cunnilingus on Mr. Clean.