Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Cucked by Thicc Futa-Celestine edition

>previous thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

pajaslocas.com/pack-de-la-sobrevalorada/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for good Assault Phase when?

>l2

Did they really need to nerf this like they did?

I never see it on the table anymore, like the Monolith and Obelisk.

>aeldari

Dark Eldar finally get roped in with the Craftworld Eldar and they're still only useful for a taxi service

In case you don't get to see it, user:

Mini size has nothing to do with actual size. Cadian Guardsmen have some of the biggest regular models around and are normally as tall as a normal guy. Skitarii size also varies just like a normal human's, since they are humans that enlisted into the AdMech's military, basically.

As for fluffy Kill Teams or lists, anything, really. Both Sicarian Princeps as well as Vanguard/Ranger Alphas can canonically lead entire Skitarii armies or just specialized teams. In the novel Skitarius (reading that right now, pretty decent) there's a Ranger Alpha leading a hunting pack of Infiltrators.

Your fluff sounds pretty good so far. It wouldn't sound absolutely out of the question that Eldar would have some human relics, though definitely nothing older than the golden age I'd presume.

As for good novels, only started reading AdMech novels myself last week. Skitarius is pretty good so far and I heard that Titanicus is also really good, though it's half Skitarii, half Titan battles. Also have Mechanicum from Horus Heresy on my "to read" list since that one also gets a lot of praise. Last one I'm interested in myself is Tech-Priest, though no idea if that's any good.

i'm having a terrible day.
post cool models you daft fucks.

A gargantuan the size it was, was pretty disgusting but they did go overboard just making it into a regular c'tan shard.

Bois, is this going to be good for tournament play or should I change something?

Considerations are grabbing some Plasma instead of solely Grav, exchanging the Neutron Laser with an Icarus Array to be save against flyers and dropping Anzion's Pseudogenerator for some other stuff.

Any time it is on the table it's dead on turn 2 at the very latest.

Keep this as is, or cut some points from the AM and switch the Vanguards to Rangers?

never
I mean, they made it vulnerable to bolter fire, that's pretty shit, also a 4+ save makes it die to autocannons.
T8 would have been a better compromise, while still making it usable.
idk what is the points cost?

glorious

250 points.

Their legs look like they've been amputated at the knee with the greaves grafted on

Who is this?

Just got back into the hobby for the first time in 9 years. I was 15 then and I basically just painted a nd made up some rules with some friends.

What do you recommend I need to get started? I bought the Dark Vengence pack since I used to collect Chaos but thinking of using the Dark Angels and going Space Marines this time.

Dark Angels any good? Notice they dont have a get started pack or anything.

How are Iron warriors now after Traitor Legions?

PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

image search gives me nuting friendo. abandon hope

They're good, though not as good as Death Guard.

Your eyes are fucked.

Why are so many 250 point units shit?

post the ass pic. i know it must exist

Never mind, found her.

and her nudes

Google reverse image search seems reasonably confident she is a human female.

Beyond that, I can't help you.

wew

I can provide an ass pic from one of my Geminae.

link plz

oh my my, surely you won't link 'em

Google reverse image search has been wrong before though.
Or terribly hilariously right.

To put it in a bit of context it used to 645 minimum with that old statline. But C'tan have never been good outside of the gargantuan transcendant.

pajaslocas.com/pack-de-la-sobrevalorada/

I would never.

mmm

thanks for this thiccness

i have to weird idea i shouldn't enter it, but thanks anyway user

post moar

So how do you use Celestine effectively? Tarpit the most dangerous enemy unit? Pounce tanks? Just remember to use her blessings?

Divine thiccness isn't for you slaaneshi scum.

Go play with your lobster-clawed traps like a good degenerate.

Just toss her anywhere you want things killed or need shots tanked.

She really doesn't have a ton of depth to using.

Sterling work user.

Tarpit. She can kill tanks with rear armor up to 12, but mainly she's just a really tough distraction.

nice

12? 14. 3+2d6 from armorbane.

Then again thats average of 10 so its not very clever to expect anything more. Shes not good against tanks but she might do some damage.

Only up to 12? With armorbane?

user starting Carcharodons from last thread back again

I really was planning on using mostly Mk V armour but I've just realized Betrayal at Calth gives hilariously good value on Mk IV Marines. Even if I just buy ten of them off eBay it's less than 50% of the FW price for Mk IV. Add some Mk IV Assault Marines from FW for Vanguard Veteran, and 2 or 3 sets of the FW Mk V armour for variety, and this could end up allowing me to use almost 100% Mk IV and Mk V armour for way cheaper than normal, but at the cost of not having as much shitty cobbled together Mk V as the Carcharodons should have.

Anyway my question is how much of a faggot would I be being if I just do this and say it's because the First Company gets the best shit anyway? I want to run Tyberos and the Red Brethren anyway so being First Company makes sense (although in the one book it's shown that the Red Brethren do go out to other Companies basically as "enforcers" when they're doing important shit like the Red Tithe)

tl;dr want to use inappropriate amount of Mk IV compared to Mk V and get it done cheaply, have (flimsy?) fluff justification, y/n?

Her sword has +2 strength too.

The blade is +2 strength. Average is 12

>tfw my army isn't even assembled after a year
just in various states of assembly and priming, a few pieces with paint on them

>they made it vulnerable to bolter fire,

No wonder no one takes it anymore.

Though really, the points invested on the C'tan are probably better spent on the Tomb Stalker or the Triarch Stalker.

I can't see any lore reason against it. Older marks of armour are often revered and kept by the finest warriors of the chapter, and with the unusual nature of the Carcharodons they would take the lion's share of any spoils or wargear.

Heck, I'll probably make a lot of people ree because I intend to slap jump packs on MkIII armour.

They don't take it because it's not a gargant creature that can spew D hellstorm templates and move 18" dealing D hits to anything it moves over anymore.

Better to take your time than to field an unpainted Tau force.

Throw her at groups of 3+ infantry, tanks that are not AV 14 back armour and anything she wants to not engage the rest of the army.

She's not a superduper fighter but the sheer work it takes to kill her over the course of a game makes her a bad investment to fire at.

I'm not even a good painter, I just kinda... put a piece down and forget about it for months.

Assembling 1000 points of guard shouldn't be this hard.

Well yeah, autocannons wound in on a 4+ and bypass its armour save, it's seems like it's fucking terrible.
Though I forgot to ask, what are its weapons?

Also, for everyone else, please rate my list.
It's a very waac tournament, I'm expecting armoured brigade guard (troops tanks), wraithknight spam, scatbike spam and GSC. feedback would be appreciated.

Painting in batches is a huge help.

I also have trouble always continuing with my Skitarii, but when you just sit down, prime your guys and then say "I'm doing their armor tonight" it'll actually go pretty fast in decent steps. Just do 10 guys at a time and you'll get there eventually.

So I've never seen the rules for Wulfen before, but after seeing them in action today I have to say, as a World Eaters player, I'm jealous.

5 attacks too, 6 on charge, another auto hit for hammer of wrath at 3str. Do weapon special rules apply to HoW hits? Rules on the model don't.

Also her bodyguards have krak grenades, one could hit 10-12.

All against rear armor. That adds up to a lot of potentially damaging hits.

this

celestine is d.va

you focus her last unless you can kill her off instantly, otherwise she just ties up your important units and maybe kills one or two

I was thinking that I was gonna do all the legs of my dudes today. Torsos tomorrow. Base coats, at least.

Doesn't really matter. Plus, MkV used MkIV parts whenever possible.

It's a 4+ invun and it fires a random weapon each time it shoots, which is why no one takes c'tan as they aren't reliable.

Based on a 2v2 game I played today, I made this list. It's pretty beefy.

Sounds like a solid plan. I like to put on something like a BatRep or a movie while painting mundane things like foot soldiers. Gives you something to do while waiting for things to dry and entertains you when the painting gets boring after the 6th pair of legs.

So who here has run a pure nurgle list before? I'm actually curious as to how it holds up.

Shield Drones are useless, and that single Gun Drone squad isn't going to do much of anything even at 850 pts. It would be better off as another Markerlight source instead of wasting all those points on a controller Commander.

Remoras are extremely outdated and overcosted. It's not going to do much either.

If your opponent brings any sort of blob, you might as well pick up your models. No, a single Accelerator blast, Heavy 6 Remora done, and 8 shots from your Gun Drone aren't enough to deal with 40+ Hormagaunt or four dozen Conscripts, especially since that pulls one of your Markerlight sources and an entire Riptide off a more important target.

Thanks user, I'll look into those books. I was hoping for super tall post-human cyborgs though, that's a shame, gotta come up with an excuse for my dudes to be built like that I guess.

But what's the point in taking a Monstrous Creature vulnerable to bolters with a 4+?

The points spent on that are better spent on something like a Tomb Spyder with the Gloom Prism or something.

There isn't, but that's more on it's random powers than being vulnerable to bolters. If you could choose whether to throw D shots or ignore cover blasts it'd be much more viable.

>But what's the point in taking a Monstrous Creature vulnerable to bolters with a 4+?
He actually has 4++ but your point is still true - There is no point wielding C'tans almost ever.

*clitty

Are White Scars the only legion that Black Library actually made cooler?

So quick question. If I had Tempestus Scions with volley guns in a Taurox, and they shot out of the firing points, would they count as having moved or as being stationary assuming the Taurox had moved? If it hadn't? Anyone know?

Unless they have relentless or Slow&Purposeful somehow, they would count as moving if the transport moves.

If the transport moves they move

Different user, but I find that works well for me, at least for Skitarii, so I can paint their legs without worrying about the cloaks/capes, then put their torsos on with capes and paint, and then arms and guns and heads.

Models in transports count as having moved as per the rules for transports and firing ports.

Passengers gain relentless, so full Salvo.

Good to know. Thank you.

To add on to this, at 850 pts, a drone-net formation might not be the smartest choice. That's over a quarter of your army that literally doesn't do anything other than support your other units, and you only really have a Riptide and two singular Crisis Suits to actually deal damage.

You'd be better off taking 2~3 Tetras at most for half the cost, or a Sniper Team, or even Pathfinders for your Markerlights, then take more attacking units. Having four times as many Crisis Suits is statistically more effective than having only two Suits at BS5.

Considering they had hardly any background beforehand anyway...

Iron Hands and White Scars still hardly get any love. I wish the Alpha Legion had some post heresy books too, but I guess nobody knows what the fuck to do with them.

ah ok, so like the ork gun that randomises its strength and ap every time it fires.
It's just that I don't own any more markerlight drones, and I only own the shield drones instead.
Are remoras really that bad? I thought they were good, having a 5+ cover save. I run them in the 2 plane flying formation with one of them as a wing leader. +1 bs for the front plane against ground targets meant that I got the BS4 markerlight and got both planes to BS 5/6 so that I could remove blobs with 12 twin linked shots. If it helps would a barracuda AX-5-2 do a better job of being anti-blob, 20 shots from it ought to remove blobs better right?

they're wrong user, you're firing with reltentless because you're a passenger.

And now I'm confused again.

Underwhelming. Death guard kinda do it better.

Want to find in the rulebook where it says that?

I'm gonna double check that and not get back to you.

Well thank you for not getting my hopes up I suppose.

meanwhile wraithlords are still buff as fuck

>Are remoras really that bad?
They're not bad, they're just overcosted. 90 points are ten Strike Team models, or two Crisis Suits, or almost three Tetras, or two Pathfinder squads with some gear, etc. Two of them is a Riptide. And all you get out of it is a single model. Don't forget that you only get a single Markerlight out of them, so they're not really a good source of that either outside of using it to boost themselves by one whole BS or pop off a Seeker.

They're just harass units that can pick off a few models, not too different from Stealth Suit teams.

What would you think of this list in a casual game?

Friend made it and purposefully avoided taking OP units. It didn't work very well against my mechanized sisters, to put it lightly. Something like 2 exorcists 3 transports and 10-15 infantry lost compared to them having half of their guardians and reapers, one warlock, and an empty serpent left at the end of a 6 turn game. I want to know if that is because of their list or if it was just a one time thing that could be chalked up to objectives, luck, or tactics.

Basically I want to know if I should encourage him to take more powerful shit or not. I know jack about eldar but I assume he did some research and can make more informed choices next game if he chooses to.

When you target a unit to shoot at you roll a D6 and fire a random weapon off a table.