/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/winter-flu-goes-to-the-dogs-edition-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
How often does romance come up?

Never

So these guys are part of the Technocracy, right?

Why are they so ugly?

What's the best way to kill a Silver Fang?

I'm only asking for.... reasons.

Wouldn't Silver Buckshot do the job?

Get a Mage to do it.

Failed plastic surgery

Any wretch who voluntarily fornicates with the undead has debased their soul and should be incinerated along with their wyrm whore.

Suffer not such necrophilic abominations, as they are an affront to God and Man.

- Jophiel, Obrimos Master, Perfected Adept, Adamant Sage of the Adamantine Arrow, Chief Sentinel of the Austin Consilium

My character is obsessively in love with another character to the point that they share the blood bond. Unfortunately, their steady psychological degeneration will most likely combine with their obsession to get folks killed.

Tell the Get of Fenris that he was shittalking them.
Tell the Black Furies that he beats women.
Tell the Wendigo that he beats up injuns.
Tell the Shadow Lords that he's a strong political force in a region.
Tell the Fiana that he bullies fae.

tell the glasswalker that he uses an iphone 2
tell the bone gnawers that he was mean to a bum
tell the Silent Striders that he has a love affair with a vampire
tell Sam Haight that his fur would be a really nice coat

Find dirt on him and get him judge and exiled or find a way to permanently neuter him. There 2 things that a silver fang cares about their legacy and their afterlife. Fuck both and you will break him.

how do Awakening Mages know about the Wyrm?

Betray him to the Black Spiral Dancers. Nothing can go wrong

It was lowercase "wyrm," and its common expression in supernatural parlance. For instance, recall how the Ordo Dracul refer to supernatural haunts as Wyrm's Nests.

Jophiel was simply insulting vampires. Not everything is a callback to oWOD.

>insulting vampires
a good man

Jophiel sounds like a blast at parties...

I assume her opinion on werewolf action is akin to bestiality, and as with her solutions to other issues in prior threads, requires incineration of all parties?

>tfw no Black Spiral Dancer waifu

All fairly reasonable to me. Burn the necrophiliacs and animal fuckers, I say. Throw the sleepers in with them while we're at it.

- Random Mystagogue, when asked to weigh in on the matter.

Poor guy will never get pegged to death by an insane transgender she-bitch

No, she wouldn't incinerate someone just for sleeping with a werewolf. Jophiel only really *hates* vampires. In her backstory, a vampire killed her sister and her near death in the same attack triggered her Awakening.

However, she's religious and pretty conservative, even for an Obrimos, and I imagine she'd find the thought of sexual relations with shapechanging half-spirit, range-filled beasts to be both unwise and quite repulsive.

I don't think you're tuff enuff

And all this big-titted dominatrix werwolves and extradimensional space stations are really making me wonder how WoD was ever considered a straight "personal horror" setting

A man can dream.

>Obrimos
>happily incinerates monsters and those who cavort with them

I'm good with that.

Until the day she meets a genuinely nice Vampire. Don't tell me ALL Vampires are dicks.

Would changeling, beast or demon sex also be also considered "unnatural," and thus warrant death by Aetheric fire like vampires and werewolves?

Yes.

They all kinda are if they manage to survive in vampire society

Jophiel would not spend a single moment getting to know a vampire, and to the extent one might ever be "nice," should would consider it a great and generous mercy to quickly end its torment due its pathetic and unnatural existence.

If there's any problem. God will surely sort it out.

show me one that does not deserve death

Oh look, it's a #notallvampires VRA cucklet. Get out of here - your kind has no place in SJWoD.

Pissed off Tzimisce domitor

Why do you Magefags hate Vampire so much?!

>implying the antediluvians don't fear the bogdanoffs

>implying that one must be a magefag to hate vampires
The only thing that likes vampires are Beasts

butthurt that vampire is vastly more popular then their poorly balanced game

I have not considered Jophiel's position on relations with beasts, demons or changelings.

I believe beasts would invoke nearly the same response as vampires (particularly since I detest the splat). She would teach them her own "lesson," tempered in celestial fire and heavenly lightning, that they shouldn't fuck with sleepers under her protection, literally and figuratively.

With changelings, it would probably depend on the individual, and since magic can pierce the mask, whether they're still sufficiently "human." Jophiel would likely find changeling sex to be more sad and pathetic than incineration-worthy, or something a young mage might "experiment" with while an apprentice until they "grow up."

I need to think more about Demons, as the God Machine doesn't exist in my chronicle. However, to Jophiel, I believe demon sex would be like sleeping with a robot. It a mage wishes to use an artificial sexual aid or toy for their own amusement in the privacy of their own sanctum, it would be none of her concern (unless the demon cavorts with vampires, then it's incineration time).

Not a magefag, vampcuck - just hate your faux-Anne Rice cock-smoking Caine-rimming gameline.

Actually, I don't hate vampires, and play Requiem.

However, since the OP was about supernatural romance, ragging on vampires is to be expected.

Jophiel was also just an old NPC, and I though a vampire attack would make a good backstory for an Obrimos. She's simply fun for my in-character posts about vampires.

Jophiel is always fun to hear about.

Important question though, is her physical appearance as hot as her burning passion for incinerating blood drinking abominations?

Jophiel has always been very attractive (Striking Look 1, Presence 4). That's one of the reasons the vampire was originally attracted to her and her sister.

However, one does not become a master of the Arcana and Adamant Sage overnight. Even though she's a master of Forces and Adept at Prime and Life (she's a Perfected Adept), her true age is slowly beginning to show, and she would never consider doing anything Unwise maintain her beauty.

Think of Jophiel as a MILF - Mage I'd Like to Fuck.

>demon sex would be like sleeping with a robot.

I'm curious how a demon would feel being compared sexually to little more than sentient vibrator.

>Think of Jophiel as a MILF - Mage I'd Like to Fuck.
Nice.

If one of my players takes invincibility with a weakness to electricity, which then disables it for the scene. How cheesy is it for things to frequently attempt to electrocute his cyborg ass?

How'd he get invincibility?
Also only throw electricity at him when it makes sense, or when someone who wants to disable his invincibility hears about it and uses it against him.

Just remember, some people carry tasers for self-defence.

Why was invincibility even made available if you didn't want an invincible player? Honest question here, cause this sounds like a potential waste of time for everyone at your table.

>How'd he get invincibility?
By having most of his body replaced with high tech robot parts from Iteration X.

He said frequently user, not constantly.
Plus having an Achillies Heel is classic.
Like, literally.

>some people carry tasers for self-defence

Or are Obrimos!

Its not that I don't want one, I'm trying to find a good balance and I'm not sure how common electricity should be. Not everything should be solvable with a plasma cannon after all.

Kudos to him for joining the winning team, user.

Iteration X user, he's playing Ascension.

How do they make him invulnerable, exactly?

>TO THE NOTES
It appears to be part of the cybernetic enhancements, we concluded he generates a highly tuned electrical field that protects him but is easily disturbed by electrical interference, leaving just his enhanced skeletal structure to protect him until he can be subjected to proper lab repair.

Just for academic purposes, how would one get out of a bargain made with a Gulmoth?

Does the field only stop physical attacks? Does it zap anyone trying to stab/claw him? Try fire, mind attacks/control, life magic to make his body reject his cybernetics, or hitting him with a car or explosives. Even if they get zapped a werewolf or a vampire could probably shrug it off.

Obviously fuck him with permanent paradox too.

Loop holes and firepower. Alternatively, figure out its bane and use that against it

can anyone direct me to the CofD discord sever? Someone posted in the last thread to message them for it but they can't receive from non-friends.

User is Shada#1090

I don't know why they aren't just open and in the OP.

You're well and truly fucked. Might as well jump down the rabbit hole deep enough that you come out the other side. Reality no longer holds the answers you need, maybe anti-reality does. May even find a better one if you're lucky.

You know what they say user.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I want to use your NPC.

You should do a write up for her like the NPCs in the books get.

probably because only a server owner can post a perm link and the OP is just a random person more or less every time

Tips for running promethean 2e as my first cofd game tg?

then just copy the permanent link and put it in the new OP

Well then whoever owns the server should get on that.

Reminder to do literally everything you can to make people's lives uncomfortable at the least while being a promethean. At the very least it will always be uncomfortable, and quickly can go from uncomfortable to horrifying amounts of suffering, whether from Disquiet or from hunting down sources of Pyros that align with their Humors.

To make the concept of Promethean work they can have no allies besides their own kind, and MAYBE those who have transcended the Promethean condition. Every problem also needs a reminder that this would not happen if they were human, or hell, even Something Else.

And be prepared for someone to pull off becoming Human while another doesn't. It will happen.

Other than that, make sure your Players remember that a Promethean's emotions are literally stunted. A Frankenstein's anger and spite will always taint every emotion save for that thing that reminds them why they keep going for humanity (their Elpis touchstone).

Don't be stingy with Vitriol, but don't be too generous. Reward it for actions and lessons that are a fundamental part of being human, as well as when characters find the depths of their emotions.

Also, for an added layer of grit to the game, remember that being human =/= being moral or good. Its a complex and varied experience where people will occasionally will find themselves doing awful things and having to live with that

>Ideas
I'll note these down and see how I can fit them in, thanks.
>Obviously fuck him with permanent paradox too
His base paradox pool in a reality zone less than friendly to his cybernetics is 10. I plan on using that a lot.

How do swarms work in Chronicles?

So a few days ago I asked for some help on how to play vampire the requiem 2ed as someone who was somewhat skilled in firearms hand loading ammo and traps. Today had my first game and things went a bit sideways at start of the game one of the other players somehow (with the gm's go ahead with me not knowing it) kidnapped my PC's wife and took her to his covenant leader for some reason. ( I also don't know what covenant he belongs to either ). The reason why I think this happen was during the week to start of the first session the player in question didn't like the idea of someone having firearms as a skill and got pretty upset over it. I asked the gm ahead of time if he was alright me hand loading stuff learning to make traps that was effective vs vampires so I don't know where this is really going over all. But the question is how should I go about this? I have 4 dots in resources and I can pretty much buy anything I want outside a few things but everything does sound a bit fucked either way. I'm pretty sure the player wants to prove a point (I don't know why) but if I did or "can" kill him I still have to worry about his leader that wanted my wife for whatever the reason.

Wait one of the players is so mad about you having firearms as a skill he kidnapped your characters wife? Thats so fucking autistic I love it.

bankroll some hunters and fuck his ass

Random question: How fast can a Vampire run when using Celerity?

Have you tried talking to the player about it? This sounds like it might be as much an out of game issue as an in game one and also I'm just really curious what this guy's deal is.

Yes.
I might do that but I want to see if I could handle this personally first
The player tends to be offline when ever we don't play. I know sure he was really hyping up his claws and him playing a gangrel but I don't know much outside of that.

>I'm pretty sure the player wants to prove a point (I don't know why) but if I did or "can" kill him I still have to worry about his leader that wanted my wife for whatever the reason.
Fuck your wife, kill the whiny autist.

Handle it personally by killing him.

Now heres the thing I'm more then down with just fucking killing the guy and even going as far for looking for his leader and trying to kill him because I rather not back down at this point its just more of a question of how I should do it I don't mind getting some hunters on him but I want to tip the odds in my favor much as possible I checked if I could get my hands on some white phosphorus so I will most likely use that the next time I see him

The player right?

Get the Hunters and the phosphorous. Supply the Hunters with it as well as yourself.

Kill him, then his leader. In fact go ahead and wage war on his covenant. Purge them from the city.

That's... Helpful.

>I want to use your NPC.

Feel free to use Jophiel or a NPC similar to her any way you wish. I'm glad you like her.

Since she's a well-known group favorite NPC, I haven't actually bothered with complete and detailed stats for her in very long while.

All you really need to know is that if you're a vampire (or most anything else besides a mage), you're probably really screwed.

I start thinking up a plan over the week then.

Which version of MTAs is the best/least terrible one?

revised if you are okay with restricting things like the avatar storm, otherwise 2e

m20 is by far the absolute worst

The one that embraces the purple paradigm as correct and doesn't have you play a willfully ignorant tosser play-pretending with props and costumes.

That sounds like a super boring flavorless magic system.

You must have loved m20 then.

I'm fine with flavorful magic so long as it's not deluded cosplayers playacting while purposefully ignoring the purple elephant in the room.

How do you feel about the Pillar system in Dark Ages?

I hope Magefags tear themselves alpart with that Yantra debate they have. Just shows how anal they are about getting power

Man you're right, we should stop arguing about that and get back to talking about how fucking pathetic werewolves and vampires are, and trying to explain away all their mystery and find a nice little bubble for them in our cosmology.

Ironically, most of the Mage fans like myself are arguing for the current rules limiting Yantras.

"Mage supremacy" is hardly at risk if mages are unable to get a +1 spellcasting bonus using every knick knack or bit of detritus they can find.

Single Yantras are reflexive, and some can have a whopping +5 bonus. I do love large dice pools.

The very few single large dice pool Yantras are either Rotes or are very semiotically limited (e.g., Shadow Name).

Also, what Yantra besides a Rote can potentially be +5? Even Shadow Name + Cabal Theme tops at +4.

If you want a big dice pool you just cast ritually.

Standard ritual time doesn't add any spellcasting bonuses in 2e. Adding a full ritual time increment only adds a +1 (up to +5), but it's really time (and health) prohibitive until high Gnosis levels.

>up to +5
This is the big dice pool I was talking about.

It stops being a big deal at Gnosis 3 and becomes a joke as you get higher.