whattomine.com/coins/213-etn-cryptonight
monerobenchmarks.info/
moneroaddress.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the logo is cool

Do your own research

>redpill

Back to pol

Best privacy coin. Big in darknet commerce. Can cash out easily using localmonero.co

Can be CPU mined, and is mined on hacked devices and used as an alternative to ads by a few websites. The ultimate hacker's coin.

The lead programmer is a small blocks UASF cuck

monero is redpill
fuck off brainlet

You can buy kids with it

Multisigger is online, when millions??

Best privacy currency; no real competition
In a great spot bc Bitcoin Core developers are autistic
My biggest investment in any signal currency

Downsides:
Still needs developments like multisig and more mobile wallets (coming very soon)
Will need infrastructure built around its CryptoNote protocol
Transaction fees higher than non-privacy coins that aren’t Bitcoin Core, although has dynamic blocksize scaling roadmap, so should be fine

All-in-all, highly recommend you hold as much of this currency as you can afford

wanna cry hacker use this, what more prove you need

ZEN beats them all.

I don't have money to invest, but I do have free cpu computing power. I have about 2kh/s. I'm clueless so I started doing monero since it was literally the first recommendation I saw.

Is this good, or should I be mining something else?

Are you OK?

How good is the CPU mining? Is it worth doing?

Monero is pretty good mining choice. whattomine.com/

Monero IS the red pill, user

buy it, use it, and find out

Best privacy coin, but devs are Blockstream shills and mining is controlled by 2 unknown groups.

CryptoNight is asic resistant and very ccompetitive with CPU mining.

Why?

This is why monero will never scale

All other cryptos are basically based on Bitcoin and are clones with slight modifications.

Monero is built ground up on a different framework. I want to buy some, but the lack of desktop or mobile wallet puts me off.

Localmonero.co is a good shout

It's not bad, if you have a beast CPU. Best is to GPU+CPU mine it. Xmr stak does that.

CPU mining is relevant on Monero. You can literally profitably mine on cheap amazon cpu instances if you know what you are doing.

I don't margin mine because I have a better set up, though. But kind of cool you can pull a profit on Amazon if you bother doing it right.

Most of the Monero community is anti-Blockstream, although wouldn’t be surprised if devs like FluffyPony shilled for them.
What evidence do you have for Monero devs being Blockstream shills?

you can pull about 1xmr a month at 3kh. probably the best cpu mine?

Hmm... That uses gpu cards as reference. How can I translate that to Xeon E5-2673's?

Monero team wants lightning network don't they? Lightning network is literally an IOU aka banker jew system

Nice community. Won't scale. Currently better than ZCASH for privacy, but ZCASH will soon eclipse it as the privacy coin due to better fundamentals.

i want to do this now... is there an aws instance you recommend or a general guide? i've set up xmr stak so not a total noob

Fluffypony is a UASF cuck

They figured out how to compress transactions by 10x. It's called bulletproof and it's already in testnet.

What I want to know is, if it’s so private, why aren’t any darknet markets offering sales with it? I can only assume there are vested interests at play - people are holding BTC and do not want to threaten its price with Alt coins. Seeing as tho DNMs are the driving force behind cryptos, it’s fair to say one or three dnm admins control the price of btc.

Just went to his twitter page. Why is he allowed? I know he's fucked things up before.

The way I got a profit was getting a the cheapest 'spot' instance. It was like .5 cents per hour and had 1 core and like 1 gb. Put ubuntu on it, then the mining software... think i actually put cpu-multiminer on it. Got 50h/s which turned out to be marginally more in profit than .5 pennies an hour. I didn't bother continuing, though. Honestly a price fluctuation could theoretically destroy the profits.

They used to, but that was more of a long-term thing.

Their bulletproof compression transaction scheme apparently already works

Where do you buy and store Monero? No wallet offers it.

Better to mine ETN. I'm making 50 bucks a week at 1Khs.

>mining is controlled by 2 unknown groups
source? not saying you're wrong just haven't heard of this before.

I'm doing it on azure. As far as I can tell from research, google will immediately tell you to fuck off and ban you. Azure has it against their TOS for free credit, but their regular TOS doesn't mention it and I haven't seen any complaints from being banned for free or regular. Dunno about AWS. I've only read about a few getting banned for AWS, but they were idiots and were signing up for 4, 8, 12, separate free trials.

Azure is over complicated though. I swear the amount of hoops they got me to jump through were ridiculous. Have to use their low-priority nodes (1/5th the cost) to get close to equivalent value in XMR. At current value, you get 86% XMR for each dollar you throw at it. Better to buy it at an exchange unless you get the cloud compute for free.

They are. I literally checked myself to make sure the darknet was using it. I found a lot of sales done with it.

Most of the Monero development team prefers to remain anonymous. FluffyPony is an attention-loving autist that is willing to be the face of Monero

ah ok so 12 cents a day in costs, 15 cents in profit. still fascinating that it's possible. i wonder if it would scale better on a large server or not - did you try that?

Wall Street Market uses it, Zion Market uses it, and Libertas is Monero-only.
It’s actually interesting how much pent up demand to use Monero. Go to r/darknetmarkets and people are just clamoring to use it

>Where do you buy and store Monero? No wallet offers it.

Shapeshift supports exchanging to Monero

monerujo wallet (android)

What sites? I haven't seen a single darknet market accept monero at all yet.

hmm is there a significant difference in profitability? i have a bit of cpu power i could switch over

I checked one of these to make sure Monero was actually used in darknet commerce.

I already knew it was because it is very popular with hackers and I follow that much more than the drug market. Just went to Wall st. to confirm.

whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-cryptonight
whattomine.com/coins/213-etn-cryptonight

Using default settings, XMR is $167.44 profit a month ETN is $271.10 a month.

Not sure about that though.

How relevant are those markets compared to Dream? In terms of size and transactions per day, etc?

I like Monero but cold storage is a bitch, which prevents me from putting more of my stack in.

Iron clad security and an effective funding system.

I have a decent stack of Monero in cold storage. I just wrote down seed and exported my private key to a USB drive.

I don't like how I can't check the final balance of a cold wallet.

Why can't you?

i consider XMR almost as the treasury security of the cryptocurrency markets.

it'd be great if it goes face-ripping up, but in case of a SHTF scenario, it would be the one that justs me the least.

Monero is a shit privacy coin. WaBi is a much better product in every single area. not to mention monero' s shitty devs. train wreck waiting to happen. don't say I didn't warn you.

I don't follow. If it's not being used, the balance isn't going to fluctuate. What stops you from keeping track of your balance in Blockfololio?

>Veeky Forums isn't a /pol/ colony
Stay bluepilled cuck

You made me spit tea on my keyboard cunt

Yeah, wanting to be able to run full nodes on Raspberry Pi makes you a cuck

Kys you have no comprehension of computer science or scaling

holy KEK

You can only audit transactions using a view key, but that doesn't reveal the balance of the cold address.

Makes me paranoid not be able to just check. I could adapt I suppose.

it isn't.
the emotionally unstable /pol/tards swarmed Veeky Forums, as soon as the cryptocurrencies began to gain traction.

/pol/ are the normies of Veeky Forums.

/pol/ is essentially grown up old/b/
for all our newfriendo redditfugees who say things like 'back to POL' what that basically means is /pol/ is the center of culture for all of Veeky Forums.

>chink shit
kill yourself

>You can only audit transactions using a view key, but that doesn't reveal the balance of the cold address.
Really? Does that only tell you transactions from->to and not the amount? Do you need the spend key to see how much you have?

Limited light wallets, multisig not out (will be in next update I think March), no hardware wallets, Monero is written from the ground up so it is harder to implement on a system them BTC or other BTC clones. It's mainly ui/ux issues but they will be resolved in 2018 and DNM's should start adopting then.

Libertas

It reveals the amount of that transaction, so if you have multiple transactions going to one cold wallet you have to audit them all to know the final balance of your cold wallet.

monerobenchmarks.info/ this site can give you some numbers I guess.

I want to mine so bad, but every time I start looking into it the potential profits don't seem worth the risk.

If I have the address and the view key, and have sync'd the entire blockchain, it can retrieve the amount and verify it without any additional work on my part, right?
If I don't have the entire blockchain, but just my address and my view key, I would need to manually input each transaction, and manually verify each one myself, correct?

This assumes I've spent nothing from that address.

best coin out there. Been holding it for over 18 months. Love it. When the others tank, Monero holds more value.

Buy.

I think that might actually be correct, someone else would have to confirm though.

lol , monero will easily 10x the coming years. mine now, keep the coin, sell when higher.

Multisig is out.

Why would you ever sell

Do you know if you can verify the amount spent without also gaining access to the ability to spend? (or at least verify it's 0)

What about ETN? It's currently more profitable to mine and has a smaller market cap.

just mine what's most profitable, sell it to btc, buy monero afterwards

You mean like if you're the recipient? Yeah the transaction ID and view key. I think transaction ID and spend key is to verify you sent out a from a particular address.

>monero
buy it, or be pic related

It's literally easy as fuck you brainlet.

moneroaddress.org

Whats the joke?