ZRX on coinbase

Posting this for the last time tonight because no one here makes any thread that are researched at all.
-------------------------------------

People are talking about ripple and monero being the most obvious choices, but I think I have discovered a real sleeper...

The 0x team works very closely with the coinbase research team, Brian Armstrong (Coinbase co-founder) is an angel investor, as well as Olaf Carlson-Wee, the first employee at Coinbase and current head of PolyChain Capital.

Those individuals have a large amount of total supply. Right now in crypto, one of the holy grails for progression of the ecosystem is the development of decentralized exchanges.

Imagine you are the literal gatekeepers for fiat to crypto right now. In such a lightning fast paced, hyper competitive environment, you would likely be on the look out for any threats to your quasi-monopolistic power.

Decentralized exchanges are coming, its absolutely inevitable. The question I would ask myself is, "how can I make money off this?"

The answer is you use your capital to develop open protocols that ALL DEXs can live on top of, and charge people a fee in the token you already have a huge amount of.

ZRX will be on coinbase. At a $180 million current market cap, this coin has, in my opinion, the clearest chance to go 100x from here.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/js_horne/status/936824470718709760
twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/897863353116250112
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The tokenized world is going to be decentralized, that has already begun.

The barrier to entry to become an "exchange" is going to completely vanish, and the idea of an exchange is is going to completely change. On the 0x project, 'exchanges' are referred to as 'relayers' because their actual function is hosting order books, which they will likely charge a fee for, but must be paid in ZRX.

Exchange is going to be just that; peer-to-peer token exchanges done through smart contracts. There are a few tokens that are trying to capitalize on this by becoming THE decentralized exchange, but this is entirely the wrong approach.

Teams like AirSwap and Kyber (other tokens trying to capture some value in this space) are limiting their development to their walled gardens. This is the old way of doing business. In the decentralized economy, open protocols and infrastructure are where the value is.

The 0x project has done this. There are already over 20 dApps and relayers that are building or have built on top of the protocol, including Bitfinex's spin off decentralized exchange, Ethfinex. Just as a reminder, Bitfinex is one of the largest centralized crypto exchanges in the world. Volume today was $2,715,542,247.

List of dApps that will be (or are) using the 0x protocol

Aragon
Auctus
Augur
Blocknet
ChronoBank
District0x
dYdX
Dharma
Ethix
Lendroid
Maker
MelonPort
OpenANX
Request Network

List of relayers that will be (or are) using the 0x protocol

Dextroid
ERC dEX
Ethfinex
KinAlpha
OpenRelay
Paradex
RadarRelay
The 0cean
Amadeus
Decent Ex

This is picture was taken at coinbase's headquarters in San Francisco two weeks ago. The guy in the middle is the co-founder of the 0x project and the all of the other tags are all different protocols that are using 0x as a base layer.

This is a link to the tweet:

twitter.com/js_horne/status/936824470718709760

not gonna happen

Pajeet pls

Bancor has better technology, stop spamming your shitcoin

Bancor will never see coinbase. ZRX has much better foundations. DYOR. Im all in

red pill me on this

This provides a platform for decentralized exchanges to function on.

what advantage would people gain from switching to their current exchange to a decentralized one?

less fees?

Here's your red pill. The 0x protocol doesn't work as an exchange but an OTC market. What this means is that its impossible for the protocol to be used as an exchange because it cannot provide ordering and hence pricing quotes. In a decentralized system, there is no concept of now, and after auditing the 0x protocol I've found multiple race conditions that prevent it from being used as an effective exchange protocol.

In English: the 0x protocol is unable to provide traders with something as basic as reliable pricing quotes. This is because exchanges act as simple meeting points to match buy and sell orders but on the blockchain this is not possible to do the standard way. Because of this, there are multiple attacks in the 0x protocol that will show up at scale and can already be done today. After raising these issues with the 0x team they have indicated that they don't view this as a problem which honestly tells me that no one working on that team has even the faintest clue how an exchange is suppose to work.

You might be thinking that the red pill here is that 0x is a shitty protocol or that the team are incompetent but you would be wrong. The real red pill is that almost no one is competent in this industry. It's hard to tell who is scamming who any more when all of the developers and investors seem to be equally retarded. None of you have a clue how any of this shit works and it's like watching a group of old people trying to explain to each other how email works. I'd suggest for you not buying any of this shit as a long term investment but I already know you won't listen.

Source:

Note how token.approve is used for everything in 0x. It means that funds “traded” can be moved prior to trading, allowing for race conditions in every order. But it gets worse than that – there are many other race conditions in this protocol but I think I've made my point. Most of the projects in this space are so shit I can find major flaws in less than 15 minutes.

twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/897863353116250112

And here's yours, even with those flaws it's better than what we currently have and it will be used.
If you haven't invested in this you're a fucking retard, all the profit signs are there.

>even with those flaws its better than what we currently have

It's not actually. IDEX is another decentralized exchange that already solves the pricing problem I mentioned above. In case you missed my point, I was trying to tell you that 0x isn't actually an exchange at all. It's a lot closer to ebay where sellers list prices for the coins they have, but where a universal price is impossible. A simple marketplace like 0x cannot compete with a real exchange because only an exchange can create liquid markets and certainty for traders.

The fact that 0x has any volume at all says more about how clueless the users are about the technology than the technology itself. So if you want to invest based on hype go ahead, but I only ever short projects with broken tech and I'll be waiting for the people to realise that 0x doesn't delivery anything that it claims.

Token overpriced and will dump again to 20 cents pretty soon.

OP is an idiot and absolutely do not understand, what is marketcap. x100... x0.1 is more possible.

Nobody buys this for hodl. We buy this to dump on normies on coinbase.

Anyway, the entite crypto space is indeed like you describe. I stopped worrying about it because I noticed people just accept partial fixes on on-going basis.
You want a real redpill? Every single difficulty adjustment algorithm except ethereum's doesn't work with efficient miners. An efficient miner jumps between coins and mines the most profitable one, very fast. Literally every pow coin except eth/etc would grind to a standstill if that was the norm, stopped at a block with difficulty that's not profitable with nobody mining it, but until that happens, jumping miners would have wayy higher profits.

That's also why I'm in eth for the long term. The only barely competent team.

Based user.

That's really interesting about the difficulty adjustment stuff. Honestly, most of the economics in this space are unproven. We're making up everything as we go along.

>Less fees
>More secure
>More frequent and abundant listings

Why can't zrx go to 18B? It has all the prerequisites: extremely concentrated supply (hell, *I* own 1/10k of it) and no pow. It has low price so normies would pile on it. That's all that's needed.

>After raising these issues with the 0x team they have indicated that they don't view this as a problem which honestly tells me that no one working on that team has even the faintest clue how an exchange is suppose to work.

ok bud

Bancor is unstoppable, 0x is worth 0

That's what I was thinking as well. ZRX is cool, but BNT seems to have its shit together.

kek bancor, the biggest ICO failure

As much as I would like this 0x is far to new to end up on coinbse.

It's new but managed to do more than most teams.
This coin got listed on Polo days after the ICO when no other token had been listed for months, I think the only token listed after ZRX was GAS.

I could see the ZRX token ending up on GDAX later. But not on ((((COIN))))base. They dont want to confuse people. When ZRX for launches for example ethfinex it would be stupid for other exchanges to not add the ZRX token.