Looking for rpg system

Hello anons. I didn't play much tg rpgs, only some DnD and Warhammer 2ed. I am looking now for rpg system to buy for being GM for my friends, any help appreciated.

Must have:
1. No DYI. It must have extensive library of monsters, items etc. books.
2. No weirdness. Not requiring me to know about background, no fate/path, game mechanics for doing some story stuff. Just beating the crap out of monsters for loot, the story I will work on myself.
3.Mini figs/tokens based. On grid or without grid, but they have to be there and coordinates of them must be important.
4.They are more accustomed to gamist/boardgame than roleplaying. So no cinematic stuff like "I decide to jump on girandole, double flip and land blade in ogre eye."
5.Still being RPG and not wargame.

Savage Worlds.

1: Has a fuckton of content and new content is easy to make
2: Can be very well done as a straight-up monster slaughter
3: It's gridless
4: It lets you do shit like that but it imposes stacking penalties making it much harder to succeed
5: Though it can be played as a wargame or skirmish game, it does both equally well

There's a game finder up.

Oh yeah, a protip for SW; encourage usage of the called shot rules (this is almost mandatory for bigger monsters), and import the escalation die from 13th Age. The escalation die is basically a +1 bonus each turn to attack rolls that caps out at 6 that the players benefit from.

The game has a pretty big wiffing issue on high-toughness monsters but this alleviates it.

Just play 5e already

Sounds like you're describe D&D 4E. :p

Definitely D&D 4e.

huh?
But that break the not DYI requirment. I don't have time to work on system.
So should i play 4e or 5e?

5e Is the current one out, and it's pretty fun but does move the game back towards 3.5e and 2e, but porting a mere handful of things from 4e to it while smoothing out a lot of issues (no class is the ULTIMATE class, and they listened to their players and have started trying to fix what was broken from the core books, namely the Ranger).

4e though is a blast and a lot of people hated on it without ever really playing it. head to funin.space for all of the compendium info and you can find torrents and downloads of all of the books and such pretty easily.

5e and 4e each have their positives and negatives, but try 5e first and later on try out 4e but know they play pretty differently in combat (out of combat isn't that much different despite a lot of people saying otherwise).

>So should i play 4e or 5e?

1. 4e has a more extensive library, but 5e is the current edition in shops and development.
2. 5e requires a character background, but you can pick one from a list if you want. Beating monsters for loot is very much the focus in 4e, while 5e discourages magic items.
3. Both support a grid. 5e can easily be run without one, 4e can't.
4. Neither edition requires cinematic narrative.
5. Both are what you make of them. 4e has a reputation (deserved or not) of being more wargame than other editions.

Thanks, I will check out those. No more games like dnd4/5? I really can't bother with creating items, monsters and characters, so this is pretty much the most important thing for me. I looked into Savage Worlds, Runeqest, GURPS, and Warhammer but those confused me with not much material to play with, just presenting world and setting and combat mechanic.

Strike! is a massively simplified
/streamlined D&D 4e, but as an indie fan book thing, it has very little material.

See

D&D 3/3.5/Pathfinder probably has the most material available out of all the editions but even speaking as a fan: it's not a good entry point. It's confusing, unbalanced, and requires a lot of effort to fix.

GURPS is probably the closest system to D&D in terms of material. Check out GURPS Lite for the bare minimum and then expand out from there using only the books you need.

Try F.A.T.A.L it's a well rounded system, perfect for beginners, and has some fun randomization through dice rolls and table results.

>. I looked into Savage Worlds, Runeqest, GURPS, and Warhammer but those confused me with not much material to play with, just presenting world and setting and combat mechanic.

WAIT. WAIT, Wait, waitwaitwait...what do you define as "material" in this case. Are you asking for ready-made encounters here??

Because the worlds you mentioned would be regarded as having tons of content by most people, so it is pretty clear to me that I have no clue what you mean by content.

>first post is shitvag worlds
Veeky Forums - why the fuck won't shitvag worlds leave

>I don't have time to work on system.
You don't have time to turn a six-sided die once per turn but you have time to fuck about on Veeky Forums?

If you're that pressed for time you need to take a long hard look at your life.

Just use any of the premade settings for Savage Worlds

Problem solved

>tons of content
Maybe i haven't looked close enough, but it seemed to me that those systems were more about making your own enemies and items. For example in runequest they only present like 10 enemies, basic swords and they expect you to make everything yourself. I need more than combat mechanics and paragraphs how the customs/world/religion look. Comprehensive item/magic/enemies list.

i dont fuck about on Veeky Forums. don't make assumptions about people you know shit about.

Watch out everyone, we got a badass over here!