Age of Emperor/Ultramar

>Age of Emperor/Ultramar

How could it end well? Be as optimistic as possible.

Like Age of Sigmar.

guilliman dies
the Ynnari and their god die
cadians are replaced with gothic greatcoart-wearing gasmasked guardsmen as the IG poster boys

Yvraine cures the Rubric, Magnus switches sides and takes the Emperor's place on the Golden Throne, the Emperor is finally free to be reborn, he gets a model and starts a new Great Crusade to shrink the Eye of Terror again.

atrocious

wyches now look like this

>>the Emperor gets a model

Imagine the power creep that unit could add to the game. What do you bring to counter that? Models of the Chaos gods? TheC'Tan?

>What do you bring to counter that?
Revenant titan

>TheC'Tan?
Realistic

>cadians are replaced with gothic greatcoart-wearing gasmasked guardsmen as the IG poster boys
The filthy ditch-digging fatalist ones or the master race chimera jockey ones?

Waifus.
Back to its 80s roots then.

The Emperor is reborn and pulls every deus ex machina out of his ass to bring back all his champions and primarchs along with making a race of Golden Men and Perpetuals to follow him and they will purge the material universe of chaos. Before invading the warp itself and killing the very gods of Chaos with some mary sueness and bad writing.

Then Emprah uses his dominion over the galaxy and the warp to invade the rest of the universe simultaneously and going to war with ALL of the Tyranid, Orks, Necrons, and such in a new War in Heaven 2.0. And also making humanity Dark Age of Technology great again with every mary sue weapon imaginable and less uppity AI.

Less Grimdark, more epic Noblebright.

All for the sake of Toy Sales.

no, the ones from jes goodwin's concept art, with spike helmets

Pick three of the below:
>mah nizzle
>mein negro
>my fellow of superlative taste

lets be serious

The emperor wound't be a full fledged unit

if GEEDUBS really managed to crack a deal with Hasbro in vegas, they would ask them to make a 225 bucks statue of him

The most plausible answer for it, since we got Sailor moon Incarnate being a Noblebright Saint, and now Guilliman

The outsider

Imperium + Eldars

Tau + Necrons

Orks are orks

Even more Tyranid fleets

Chaos more active

So neither controversial taste nor good taste but patrician taste?

Age of Ultramar could be good in that it sets off a Warring States period in the Imperium. Some proclaiming loyalty to Guilliman, others keep to the High Lords of Terra. Hell, resurrect another Primarch or have another faction split off for some reason to make it even better. Multiple states all battling for their vision of the 'true Imperium' would be great.

Age of Emperor? No. That would be terrible. A Primarch back is already too much without a terrible downside. How it should happen is Cypher kills the Emperor once everybody gets to Terra and the Storm is done Gathering. Cypher kills the Emperor. New Chaos God of Domination is released. The Emperor was the only thing holding it back despite all the worship towards him being the reason it existed in the first place. Bunch of named characters plus Custodes and Sisters of Silence escape via the Webway as Terra gets super wrecked by a new Warp Storm. As the Emperor dies, his many souls separate into their original components. Many get eaten by new Chaos God but the rest get reborn as the Star Children whom are all mighty psykers and have their own agendas. Throw in a vague hope that if they are gathered then they could redo the ritual that made them all the Emperor in the first place and he could be reborn. That's what the scattered Custodes/Sisters of Silence try to do. MORE GRIMDARK.

Ward forced to commit seppuko.

Honestly I would dig new IG models like that, but with the possibility to get non trenchcoats legs, otherwise it would enormously restrict conversions and would look like Maccabian Janissaries too much (whom I suspect heavily to be influenced by those very drawings you posted)

Well shit forgot the picture.

>The lasgun
>The top of the helmet
>The pauldrons
>The pattern on the greatcoat
To me it looks like the Janissaries look too much like the other guy.

As a side note, you can take pretty much any picture of a soldier ever and turn it into an Imperial Guard regiment. Prove me wrong.

I feel like we need writefag this into another AU

>Age of Ultramar could be good in that it sets off a Warring States period in the Imperium.
Dynasty Warriors: Warhammer never.

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. If they decided to put out new kits that looked like the original sketches, many FFG readers woul argue that it's almost a copy of Janissaries, even though the Janissaries orobably copied the original sketches.

>another AU
Yeah, another...

Bicycle regiments motherfucker.

All the sooper-speshal, one of a kind, high Powerlevel characters die. The Emperor, All the Primarchs, Abbadon, his stupid fucking edgy Cain knockoff sword Drach'nyen, Belacuck, the Swarmlord, Khayon Living saints, and all of the Named Space Marines that get wanked in BL novels for being sooper-duper stronk.

The only ones that can stay Are the ones that are Either Likable or important for more than the Powerlevel bullshit that GW is trying to choke their setting with (like Kharn who exemplifies both the flaws and benefits of Khorne, or Trayzn for being a bored old nerd who fucks with the Galaxy for shits and giggles, or Creed for X-com classic levels of "tactical genius", or Farsight for being a bright light of Animu cheesiness in a Galaxy that has started to take itself far too seriously).

Oh, and have the Chaos Gods get bored of this "The Universe will fall to our combined edginess" Schtick and go back to doing what they do best: fucking with people with no rhyme or reason simply because they're bored.

I'm gonna make a thread on this now.

Guilliman reforms the Imperium into a functional organization. This means an abandonment of grim-derp in favor of a noble-dark approach to 40k story telling. Sure, the galaxy is still a dangerous place filled with war, but authors would no longer be saddled with the impulse to make characters needlessly stupid as a means of playing up the grimness of the setting.

I'm still waiting motherfucker.

On making pictures into regiments, not the Tourde Dragoons.

>Age of Ultramar could be good in that it sets off a Warring States period in the Imperium.

So you're hoping someone at GW read The Dornian Heresey?

Hey, it's be better than noble, and the other two that keeled over and fucking died

Eh, why not both.

idk if they're gonna change the setting toooo much. maybe advance the timeline a bit and streamline the rules a bit.

Return of the legions

Bump

enuff dakka

Oh yeah

>How could it end well? Be as optimistic as possible.
By not being totally retarded.

Guilliman heresy

As long as there are still some Dark Angels around it's cool.

>The only ones that can stay Are the ones that are Either Likable or important for more than the Powerlevel bullshit that GW is trying to choke their setting with

Let's see where he goes with this

>like Kharn

Okay...

>Trazyn

I can see that

>or Creed

No fuck off Creed exemplifies everything you were whining about you faggot

>Be as optimistic as possible.
You don't know what you're messing with, son.

But hell, let's try.

Papa Smurf gets up and after a while dealing with everything starts a Civil War. He manages to not only bring to his side a considerable chunk of the Imperium but also manages to estabilish alliances with some groups of Eldar and with Farsight Enclave.
He invades Holy Terra in order to free his father of his shackles.
Freed from the Golden Throne, the Emps comes back more powerful and less stupid and starts a new golden age for humanity as a proper god, he ends the Civil War by uniting both sides of the conflict since he is a god but at the same time preaches the Imperial Truth, he brings the few Tau and Eldar who were willing to join him and forms the new Imperium.

This huge pile of bullshit was brought to you by a very hungry, very sleepy person that is high right now.

>The only ones that can stay are the ones that I personally like
haha

all or nothing, faggot

>Most of spaced gets fucked by chaos and tyranids and its near impossible to navigate. >almost all of the action is in the webway or planets connected to the webway.
>same general story line as AoS. Chaos mostly won but the other forces are pushing back now
>the emperor returns as a full fledged god but also has a primarch level avatar like the yncarne
>Guilliman actually is the new leader of the imperium
>Too many Tyranids, Orks, Daemons and Necrons in real space, the new great crusade is focused on Cleaning out parts of the webway
>tyranids and orcs occasionally invade the webway too, as do necrons.
>tons of sub realms like commoragh in place of normal planets

>>same general story line as AoS. Chaos mostly won but the other forces are pushing back now
>>the emperor returns as a full fledged god but also has a primarch level avatar like the yncarne
>>Guilliman actually is the new leader of the imperium
>the new great crusade is focused on Cleaning out parts of the webway
>>tons of sub realms like commoragh in place of normal planets
kys

>Age of Emperor/Ultramar
>end well

If Age of Sigmar has taught me anything is that GW can smear diarrhea on paper, call it fluff and people would still buy it because it turns out that most people have shit taste.