So....just how durable are they?

Lots of different views seem to come up on this matter and a lot of inconsistancies.

Are they literally tough as a galaxy at the core? Saitama is supposedly tough enough to onepunch them acording to the auther and there is the whole thing where wildbow talked about how endbringers can destroy the sun and the scene where behemoth withstood an energy weapon that could obliterate india yet scion dismantled behemoth with ease.

What is even going on with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3ypzqb/saitama_vs_behemoth_worm/
parahumans.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ever read any Larry Niven shit? You know about scrith, or monomolecular hulls?

They're as durable as the plot demands.

Saitama can obliterate half the universe with one punch, and that's only because he can only punch in one direction at a time.

This, essentially. Wildbow getting into the mathematics of how durable they are is just a case of an author throwing around large numbers to make things sound impressive. Not that I'm going to hold it against him, that kind of thing happens all the time with fiction.

The best explanation is "very durable, getting exponentially moreso the closer you get to their core". Any detail beyond that is meaningless.

Literally this considering their origin.

> just a case of an author throwing around large numbers to make things sound impressive.
Not to mention that the big ass numbers they throw around usually isn't even close to big enough to actually be accurate.

Surface layer is equal durability to aluminum. The next layer is twice as strong as the previous. 222 layers surrounding a core.

just like that one time he went on record saying that saitama could onepunch behemoth.

reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3ypzqb/saitama_vs_behemoth_worm/

Wait...

They can only be killed in fanfiction by:
>Author fiat
>Some bullshittery involving either clockblocker and/or fletchette
>Some CYOA or self-insert with blatantly OP powers.

>The author of a work comes in and says that his character would get killed in one hit
>redditors still arguing and getting assmad about it

This is so much cancer

I mean that's Saitama's thing.
That's the whole point of the Saitama story is that he can beat anything, anywhere, for any reason.

Everything we know about them from the story is from the point of view of failable, biased humans using arcane alien powers that are both tailored to them and their biases, as well as designed to not give them anything they can hurt themselves with, including information. So everything we get from the story is basically guesswork at best, and unhelpful crap at worst, and so anything more detailed then "really fucking durable" should probably be ignored for sanity's sake.

>scion dismantled behemoth with ease
Scion can hit them with things the humans don't have access to. All the capes in the world working together only beat scion because of superior tactics and teamwork plus psychological warfare; he we still far more powerful than every one of them put together. Plus, the humans' powers are known to have arbitrary rules put on them at the whim of their creators, for all we know that could include "reduced potency vs those big monsters we made." Scion would have no such limitation.

Anyway the real question is whether they could win in a fight with pic related.

Wow I thought our power level autists were bad, but they can't hold a candle to the military grade autism in that thread.

>Anyway the real question is whether they could win in a fight with pic related.

The big problem is the endbringers are really tanky. The kind of warp tricks needed to cheat past it are only really available to 40k's top dogs..people like the emperor.

While the endbringers are tough i really don't see them having the 'OOMPH!' that is actualy needed to take the GEOM out of play before he tosses them into a warp rift on a whim.

Hoe well would he do in the worm universe?

according, to tvtropes:
>Fan calcs, confirmed by Word of God, have produced exact numbers for just how durable they are. Those numbers reveal that the pressure in the sun's core is too low to damage their cores by fifty-one orders of magnitude. No wonder they never die; they literally cannot be killed by anything abiding by normal laws of physics.

These things are supposed to be unbeatable by humans. The only reason they didn't destroy civilization within a few years is that they were holding back, only stepping up their game when the heroes learn how to deal with their current strategies.

The Simurgh alone could fuck humanity up beyond repair. Normal thinker - thinker interference doesn't affect her, you literally can do nothing against her precog-timebombs.

The question is academic, because they can't be destroyed with superpowers. Only Scion can destroy them. For everyone else, it's impossible to do enough harm.

You don't have to worry about numbers at that point. If someone goes "This sword can't be broken," you don't need to determine how much pressure it can actually take. You just need to know "No force that can realistically be brought to bear can break this sword."

At first, I thought that pic was Taylor talking to bugs in a jar.

Here, the big questions is wether or not he can make himself immune to the simurghs powers. The other 4 he - should - be able to take, at least if he engages them one at a time. If the Simurgh, however, is able to anticipate his every action, there is not much he can do, no matter how powerful he is.

Depends on weither or not he can trigger - if yes, empire 88 gets another member, if not - who the fuck cares?

Also yay, Worm thread

>time traveling cyborg who has, single handed, unmade entire nations and continental landmasses home to sorcerers and magically empowered warriors

Still can't beat an Endbringer.

>Saitama can obliterate half the universe with one punch, and that's only because he can only punch in one direction at a time.
Doesn't he have two arms?

>Depends on weither or not he can trigger

He already unmakes reality whenever he throws a fit, I dread what he would get when shard triggered.

...maybe he already HAS triggered? After all, powers being connected to emotional states is not uncommon.

>trigger events
>Skitter:isolation, bullying
>Drue:confronting his abuser
>Whitestrake:Elves! GODAMN ELVES!

that means, of course, that his power gets stronger the more ELVES there are.

...maybe he should be introduced to everyones favourite faerie queen?

That would likely delete everything in a 10 mile radius.

>When asked what it was like to go into one of his genocidal rages that would see the death of nations, Whitestrake replied "It is like realizing the dream no longer needs a dreamer."

> It is like realizing the dream no longer needs a dreamer

that could come straight from GU. What might she call him, given the fact that the Destroyer is already taken? The Annihilator? The Fury? The Templar?

The Fury is a good one.

Or The Crusader.

As much as he wreck reality his quest is ultimately to remove those who would infact undo all that is.

If he has to cut out large swathes of reality to do that is justifiable.

I'm an uneducated plebian, what series are these core things from? What's their dealio?

From what I gather the series it's from is Worm, a webseries. The basic plot is eldritch abominations from beyond the stars are engaged in an elaborate trans dimensional mating dance that grants humans powers based on ho fucked up they are. The ore trauma you've suffered, the sweeter the powers.

It's from a webseries called Worm. It's about superheroes and the end of world. To be precise, it's about a traumatized girl getting the power to control bugs and subsequently fucking shit up in an increasingly fucked up city. It's fucking long, and the length and teenage angst at the beginning puts a lot of people off, but it really gets amazing after the first few chapters. Creative powers, detailed characters, and some actually convincing grey morals instead of edgy bullshit and apologetic, misunderstood antiheroes.

Nah, the strength of the powers got nothing to do with the tseverity of the trauma, But the nature of the trauma influences the kind of power you get. Mental trauma - mental powers. physical danger and injuries- physical powers. Environmental danger - powers to influence your surroundings etc.

He would get along with cauldron

2 arms = 2 punches.

>Jack never gave a single fuck
>Never ever

>Here the big question is wether or not he can make himself immune to the simurghs powers.

He's the mother fucking emperor. ziz has nothing on the sort of mind busting shinanigans that the emperor can and does defend himself from. simurgh uses future sight to do all of her stuff, there's no reason for the emperor would not be able to nullify her perceptions directly with warp shinanigans and make her brain explode using psyker abilities.

Her song has got nothing on the kind of mindrape that the emperor takes and dishes out consistantly.

Is taylor a good person?

We see a lot of worm's plot through her pov and it has generated a lot of sympathy for her situation. We don't like seeing her get the short end of the stick. We understand the rationalizations that she makes and we tend to agree with her logic.

That said, we should be remembering that Taylor was a criminal. She went native. As much as I enjoy reading Worm I wouldn't want to actually meet her (or any of the undersiders) they are volatile and messed up people after all.

All that 'muh feats' talk is from some website that is literally just cancerous powerlevel arguments. Like, that's the whole purpose of the entire website.

I forget the sites name (it might be deathbattles but that might just be a similar site) but imagine the worst fucking /a/co/tg/ bullshit powerlevel thread, then add in usernames and remove all irony

I wouldn't be so disgusted if they stayed in containment but as you can see, the users of said site bring their own sites rules and 'logic' to other sites like reddit and Veeky Forums and, well, you can see the idiocy that ensues. Ignoring authorial intent and fictional tropes in favor of bad science and 'muh feats'

I'M MAD

How would you kill pic related using only what could be bought in stores and a handful of friends? I wish I could ask /k/, but I doubt they know Worm.

Interesting question.

From the 'about' page , Wildbow certainly seems to think so:

>As she risks life and limb, Taylor faces the dilemma of having to do the wrong things for the right reasons.

wait wtf do I have a trip

Unless you're completely basing it on the objective amount of goals accomplished, she's a neutral person at best. Why even ask?

Man, how do I come up with good powers like Wildbow? Is he just one of those natural geniuses, or is there a method?

>The question is academic, because they can't be destroyed with superpowers
Wosshername with the crossbow can geek them, but nobody else than her.

There is, however, an overabundance of "every evil/huge dick person is just really traumatized" in it. Seriously, like, one guy is a dick 'cause he wants to be.

Plan A: Dig a pit, fill the bottom with tar/some other mildly sticky substance. Lure him near the pit, hit him with a car to push him into the pit. Fill pit with cement.

Plan B: Thermite bombs. Mix aluminium oxide, rust, and candle wax together. Stick a sparkler into the resulting blob. Make a bunch of them. Light them and throw them at him. Basically napalm on steroids.

Bigass fertiliser bomb?

>Saitama is supposedly tough enough to onepunch them
Boros took like fifty normal punches and a Serious Punch to die, and an Endbringer is significantly tougher than Boros.

So the Endbringers were originally created by Eden for some mysterious purpose and then buried underground. Then Eidolon gets one of Eden's admin-level shards and subconsciously uses his root-access privileges to awaken them so he has something to fight.

What did Wildbow mean by this? What did Wildbow mean by anything post-timeskip?

>Thermite bombs
Nah, he practically no-sells heat effects (withstood Crucible's bubble). Honestly, he's pretty much immune to everything but large amounts of physical force and some exotic effects. These are good ideas, though.

If you think about it, Mannequin is honestly pretty OP. He has significantly above-average speed, strength, and durability/immunity. He has incredible agility, endurance, and stealth. He has enhanced senses, a body that mixes short and long-range capabilities, and an unconventional fighting style that takes advantage of his body's unique abilities. That's not even getting into the fact that all of that is modular and can be adjusted to suit a particular situation or the fact that he's actually a tinker and all of this only represents a fraction of the possibilities offered by his power.

Could Superman solo Behemoth?
How about Silver-Age Supes?

I found the Endbringer explanation satisfying. It's about as good as it gets for a super-hyped mystery.

Why didn't Alexandria just grab an Endbringer and throw it into space? Well, I guess it would have to be Leviathan, since the Simurgh and Behemoth could get back...

>Plan a:

Even assuming you guys could sucessfully trap the guy there's the ever present fact he's just going to strait up outlast the concrete that you sealed him in with.

>Plan b:

He's withstands worse heat then that by a long shot, i betcha you that it won't even leave a scratch on him.

>Crucible caught him. A forcefield bubble surrounded the figure, pale blue, then flared a brilliant orange-white. Mannequin would be fireproof, though. Even an extreme heat like Crucible could create wouldn’t have an effect.

>modular
Is Mannequin a potential future for Kid Win? I've read a list of what Kid win accomplished, it's not too shabby. Still blown away by Armsy though.

She's not strong enough to throw one that far and she can't survive without air.

Why do people like Worm?

It's ok for capeshit.

Well, there's no indication, iirc, that Kid Win can work with organics, while it's likely that Mannequin gets bonuses for combining organic and inorganic components (biosphere specialty).

Don't even talk about Armsmaster. He's a filthy cheater who gets Dragon to help him anyway. Limits? What limits?

If it hasn't been made clear yet, Mannequin is my favorite tinker, personally. He actually feels like he's working with technology, not just reproducing regular powers with a technological aesthetic.

Why do you not like Worm?

>He actually feels like he's working with technology, not just reproducing regular powers with a technological aesthetic.

That has to be my biggest gripe with Bakuda, though it makes sense she'd hyperfocus on exotic effects. She's the kinda gal who made Mary Sues on forums to feel special.

Holy shit
I scrolled down just far enough to see it.
I think I just went from orange to bright blue on the autism spectrum.

Yeah, having one of her bombs completely bypass the defenses of two of the most unkillable characters and, well, kill them was a bit much. If it makes you feel any better, 'bow said that she doesn't really know what she's making until it's made, so she probably would have never grown much as a problem-solver, had she survived.

>Word of God
>NUH UH YOU CAN'T SAY THAT EVEN IF YOU'RE THE AUTHOR

Jesus christ. Death of the Author is a concept that should go fucking die. This level of entitled fucking autism pisses me off so much. If the author says something, that something goes, period, fuck you.

The only exception is if the author can't make up their mind or is proven to flip flop, like Bradbury.

Wait, so you're saying that he's weak to guns, bombs, getting hit by cars, etc., but not much else? That's a pretty crappy weakness.

Lots and LOTS of bullets.

PROTIP: there's a rumor that his brain is hidden in one of his legs

It doesn't have to be lots if it's high-powered and he's close, theoretically.

I don't think so. It was confirmed in his debut interlude that his torso contained organs, and we know that his parts are self-contained, so I don't think his brain is in his leg, as it wouldn't have access to nutrients, etc. Also, it's noted later that his torso is tougher than his limbs, generally.

Actually, this makes me wonder what would happen if all of Mannequin's limbs were removed. Would his brain-container sprout legs or something? Does he have a suicide switch?

Source?

This nigga shouted at the main God when he felt him watching him. The dude's fucking crazy.

Well considering the prerequisite for getting powers is to be horribly traumatized it makes a lot of sense.

> Equipped with a sword.
> Erases continents.
> After being enraged and ditching the sword, that is.

Pelinal is too fucking OP for a fantasy setting.

TES isn't a very normal fantasy setting once you start getting into the robot-Pelinal–type shit.

Maybe, but it loses any form of impact when it's revealed, once again, that they're just still affected by their trigger event. I get that that's a theme of the writing, that natural-made capes have problems and all. But it very quickly turns into "guess what trauma is affects this poor, unfortunate soul"

He's One Punch Man, not Two Punch Man, idiot.

The whole point of there being 'Serious' moves is that you can see that Saitama really isn't trying that hard with the normal moves. He wants a good fight, and if it means he doesn't fight at full power, then he'll pull his punches all day long.

The beginning hooked me with its grounded setting, "plausible" power situation, intense street level action, interesting side characters, and character driven plot.

Then the Leviathan attack happened and 90% of the shit that I liked was literally and metaphorically swept aside to make room for a post-apocalyptic gangland dystopia, a plot revolving around brown-nosing to save a little girl, said little girl announcing the end of the world angle (which I hate), and a total 180 in Taylor's development.

Then the whole crimelord-turned-Ward shit happened, followed by S Class threat after S Class threat, then finally the apocalypse. But by this point I was resigned to things not being the way I wanted them to be.

I mean fuck, I like Worm, it's good, but I wish that it hadn't changed so radically.

bump

> Some dude ripping off his dick and then ripping the Demon God of rape's dick off and then fusing them and wielding it as a spear.

Wew lad.

Is that you in the reddit thread?

Why the fuck would you even acknowledge other stories in your own story.

First thing I'd say is "This thing can kill Superman and Saitama with their arms tied behind their back. That's a canonical fact, put it on the Wiki.".

Fuck powerlevel fags.

Well, good for you that Worm 2 is set to begin soon and will supposedly focus on more low-level confrontations.

This shit right here. Worm fell down HARD as the scale grew.

>Silver Age Supes
>Being meaningfully challenged by anything that isn't the Omnipotent, Abrahamic God

So you need super-strength, flight and ability to survive without air. If only there was a hero who can make up to three powers at will...

Well, you also need something that will keep the Endbringer from killing you, but your major point is apparently sound.

I mean, get enough telekinesis and you only really NEED 1 power...

"Serious punch" is literally just that, Saitama putting a modicum of effort into a punch. Not a supermove which he can only use sparingly. He was pulling his punches even more than normal to give him an interesting fight until he threatened to blast life off the planet

1. Creator of Worm has gone on record to say that Saitama would one shot.
2. Creator of OPM has stated that Saitama could destroy half the universe with one full power punch. Half, because the other half would be behind him.

The Hulk and Bruce Banner are two separate beings set in the Worm universe.

What kind of Trigger event would cause his powers? Not just physical abuse as a description, what happened in detail?

And Bruce Banner being caught in his gamma radiated blast whilst also suffering from his other mental traumas, what new abilities would come from it?

>The hulk and Bruce Banner are two separate beings set in the Worm universe

Yeah, a shard and a host. nothing more nothing less.

>What kind of Trigger event would cause his powers?

He was a cutting edge scientist who gave up everything in his civilian life to do more research. right then he's studying radiation in the aftermath of a particularly bad behemoth in a helicopter but the guys he's traveling with don't like being sdo close to a landscape that glows and start beating the shit out of him. they toss his barely conscious body off the heli.

miraculously he survives the impact still fuming at the betrayal, he triggers with an anger based power that buffs his muscles the more Angy he gets. the shard realizes that he's still going to die from the fall and the radiation he's surrounded by and adds on the effect that radiation heals him.

He probably just said as much because Saitama is a joke character is a parody story that actively mocks powerlevels.

Yeah he could have wanked Behemoth, but he would have come off as a whiny bitch who missed the whole point of the show.

I hope so, but there's still a bunch of big scale shit left to explore, like the third entity, what the Endbringers are up to, what Teacher is up to, that Sleeper guy, and the world dominated by capes.

I'm not against this stuff, but I hope Wildbow handles it better than he did the first time around.

It's even explicitly stated that, without a limiter, Saitama's strength is theoretically infinite.

No matter what he is facing, he beats it.

Even against a different Saitama, Saitama would effortlessly win.

Seeing the future is capable by Farseers and Changers of Ways. They are difficult opponents but far from invincible So is simurgh.

>Why the fuck would you even acknowledge other stories in your own story.

Because that's the logical, non-douchebag way of thinking, the way of thinking that comes naturally to creators. Probably the reason why you'd never amount of anything is that you can't understand that basic point of view.

What is Behemoth? And what is Worm? Anyone care to explain?

Behemoth is a giant nigh-unstoppable monster.

Worm is a web serial about superheroes and supervillains and monsters.

parahumans.wordpress.com/

You misunderstand the whole point of One Punch Man.

It's not about a parody of powerlevels.

It's a parody of powerlevel wankers.

Saitama's life is hell. He has no reason to live. He'll never have a worthy fight in his life, because EVERYONE can be defeated in one punch. He dreams of heroic fights that drag on for hours. And it is always over within a second. It is a deeply pessimistic story about being at the top and not having any challenges.