>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Ye oldie thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/shadows-over-hammerhal-aos-roleplay.496217/
youtube.com/watch?v=edoKiCmH-yA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SigKhorGleEsh

Second for asking help. I'm planning to do a homebrew RPG system for Hammerhal and I'm beginning to work out the details, but need help:
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/shadows-over-hammerhal-aos-roleplay.496217/

How does this look?

>tfw no stormcast gf
suffering

THREAD CLAIMED FOR GREAT CORRUPTOR

THE MORTAL REALMS SHALL ROT-WITHER

REMOVE LIZARD

Sell me your faction /aosg/. I'm looking to do a new army

If I put goblins into my iron jawz army can I still have IW allegiance or do I have to take destruction?

Ironjawz.
Best models.
Best monster.
Can be big horde, or more elite.
Fun to play, as well as balanced. No one can complain about them being OP or some shit.
Go to Battalion (Ironfist) fits in well with another allied force, when you want to branch out.

Tell us about two things
- What games you want to play
- Your budget

Only destruction. Which means NO battle line Ironjawz troops unfortunately

Destruction if they have not IW keyword

By mixing factions you must do destruction

- Whatever game
- £50 this month, £100 by easter

Is a unit of 10 Boarboys wich piles in and attacks 4 times a turn with +1 o hit and rerolling failed hits viable?

>Anything for a fellow Nurglebro

Then
- Ironjawz - as this user said - Stormcast - cheap, easy to run, neat models, updated, lot of releases right now
- Nurgle daemons - newbie-frendly, great synergy in pure list and with StD or Rotbringers

>StD
Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
Isn't that more of a Slaanesh thing?

Slaves to Darkness lmao

In my opinion you should seperate Stormcast and everyday people character creation
A Stormcast would be more powerful than a normal person, however they have to deal with more grandiose threats and can't get round the city without attracting attention.

>Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
>Isn't that more of a Slaanesh thing?
Slaaneshly Transmited Diseases.

Kek'd

Point taken. How well would balance a five stat (defense, attack, agility, intelligence, charisma) system balance, in your opinion?

Forgive a newbs question. But how do nurglings work?

Does each little model on a base count individuality? Or is that just cosmetic?

cosmetic

Plague drones are a pain in the ass to build.

It's cosmetic.

I love my varied mixture of Orruks and Grots.
>Massive variety of units, from swarms of little bastards to massive spiders and giants.
>Mixing and matching units lets you take the coolest models from each destruction alliance. Because this is no longer WHFB, you can even toss some ogres in there!
>Terrific conversion potential - scratch-build your own war machines, kitbash frightening new monsters, etc.
>Have Squigs.
>Lots of gorgeous legacy models, but nevertheless receiving active support via new tomes, minis, and lore.

Why? They seem to be pretty easy to paint and assemble - you can even magnetize wings easily

Nurgle Rotbringers, man. Nurgle Rotbringers are your army, you want nothing else.

Even if you have the motor skills of an arthritic sloth, you too can paint an absolutely gorgeous Nurgle army so long as you have some fucking basic understanding of how basecoating, shading and dry-brushing works. Plus after the whole paintjob is done, you get to toss all those fancy technical paints at your models to make them even dirtier and more disgusting.

And you're so fucking tough that it doesn't matter that you're slow as fuck and have no guns. You survive it all anyway, arrive in melee and then, you'll get to ponder pic related every fucking turn.

Plus, you only need very few models for a completely functional army.

Get those Rotbringers, son.

I'm a different user, but I think you got me for my second army.

The problem with the Drones is to get everything to hold until the glue dries.

A great trick you can use is to glue the wings so they're flat to the models flanks. That way you can actually glue the outer wings onto the inner wings, which gives the model much more stability. I admit it doesn't look as impressive as spreading everything out, but it sure is easier to assemble and transport that way.

Rotbringer armies are expensive as fuck, even at 1k points.
They aren't and the little plastic stands that go inside them are too short.

youtube.com/watch?v=edoKiCmH-yA

Cool, a painting video.

Planning a 2,000 point Sylvaneth list, what do you think? Haven't picked any spells or items yet.

Slightly related, I'm planning to start an army (never played but I painted some minis as a hobby) with a skeleton horde/malingnants with nagash, mainly because I like his mini. The gw dude said that it could be a cool combo but when I asked
>Whats the best army to play™
he gave me vague answers, and I don't really look forward to painting 30+ skeletons or zombies as chaff plus the interesting ones to just get steam rolled by some fag with a broken faction.
Sigmar related I have a Lord of change, a wight king and some random skeletons and vampires that friends gave me, but I would like to have some kind of "reliable" game army rather than painting things I don't enjoy and won't use

So whats a good 1k list for them?

So how many points is Slambo?

Or is he just considered an Exalted Hero of Chaos?

So how is this for a melee khorne list?

looking to build my first army for this game, been considering Ironjawz and Khorne Bloodbound for lots and lots of combat dice and general bullying of enemies up close.

don't know if there's any anons who play either of them who could enlighten me on some differences between them to make a choice, or if there's some other similar faction to them that I'm unaware of.

Your opponent's ranged units kill your 5 bloodsecrators and then mulch the bloodreavers, likely by simply outrunning them.

Just pick yourself up some ironjawz so you can scoot your reasonably tough dudes 2d6+4 inches every turn with the Ironfist instead of getting your dudes shot to hell with their measly 5-6 inch movement. Ironjawz also have a killer behemoth.

So one more bloodsecrator then?

Ok i fixed it.

As I'm in a similar state to this memelord Chaos Knights or Mighty Skullcrushers for actually having cavalry?

for the Ironjawz movement rules, is it only in their Battletome? I've looked through their warscroll pages on the GW site and haven't actually seen it referenced there even though I see it talked about everywhere else.

its listed in their battletome. It's basically the battalion gets a second d6 move like destruction but its as long as the big boss is alive.

What are you working on /aosg/?

i want her to destroy me

anyways has anyone used whfrp to play games set in aos?

WFRP is like the opposite of AoS in feel, you'd be playing a guy whose prized posession is a small dog on a string in a high-fantasy epic.

These are two I've been wanting to do. I was thinking about picking up the start collecting greenskinz, but I was told Orruks are bad. I also love the idea of Nurgle Rotbringers, but I'm not sure what good basic troops they could use.

I like the colors! Which ones did you use?

Looks like a 50/50 violet earthshade wash over coral with a rakarth highlight

Alright fuck it, Nurgle Rotbringes it is. Where do I start, fools? What do I get first?

Rotbringers*

With the release of a some bitchin' models, I've been looking at Age of Sigmar lately.
And I'm starting to suspect that a lot of the hate this game gets is from the shoddy launch, general memery, and people who have never played the game and are just mad that WHFB was put to rest.

Blightkings. Fucking blightkings. Then maybe a maggoth lord or something.

That will provide you with tons of extra bits you can use to kitbash with other kits to nurgle them up, like making chaos warriors look more nurgle.

Then when you get enough chaos warriors or marauders (for the battlelines) you can expand into pestilens and get a few plagueclaws for range support, because rotbringers really doesnt have any

1k tournament at my shop. How's this looking?

>There will never be rules form Elspeth von Draken, Theodore Bruckner, or Ironsides

Guess my army just fell through the cracks

>And I'm starting to suspect that a lot of the hate this game gets is from the shoddy launch, general memery, and people who have never played the game and are just mad that WHFB was put to rest.
DING DING DING DING DING
What prize do we have for our winner?

Seriously though, it is a solid game, and the launch could have been handled better. But there is more to it than meets the eye.

Everything. And after that, you go for another round.

I will say, though, they aren't making it easy to get into the game without just HEREBUYALLTHISSHIT.
Is there a guide?

How good do Blightkings play on the table? They seem like they'll get shot to pieces before they reach someone.

as a different person who's just getting into AoS, why oh WHY did they lead with the god damn Sigmarines.

That stuff put me off the whole game since release until just the past week when I discovered there's far more to the game beyond them.

>The launch could have been handled better

understatement of the fucking millennium

>create huge event with loads of cool model releases and new rules
>People actually start getting into Fantasy again
>Fucking kill the world and stay dead silent for 6 fucking months
>WHOOPS, that game you JUST got into wuth all those models on square bases, yeah its gone
>But try this NEW THING

End times was the dickest of dick moves.

If they were up front from the very fucking beginning and went to the new rules BEFORE end times, it would have been fine

They had rules for all the old world armies ready to go anyway.

Forgot to mention how they had the fucking gaul to sell all those pricy end times books then not a year later kill the system and ban it from their shops
I'll never buy gw books again for as long as I live

Its not even the stormcasts fault, if they had introduced them in the end times as Orders warriors of chaos equivalent, they would make perfect sense in a time skip to a mythological setting.

Its that the launch of AoS was the tail end of the Kirby era of GW and once he was out of the picture, the quality of the whole game (and stormcast stories) rose dramatically.

Black primer
Rakarth flesh
Kislev Flesh
Reikland Fleshshade
Screaming Skull

The photo doesn't show the Pallid Wych Flesh highlights

Going to add some red and purple washes to make it look bruised

Hey guys after playing Skaven in BloodBowl, I'm feeling the need to spread ruin and corruption to the mortal realms, how is Clan pestilens currently?

Good mid-high tier

I saw them at a tourny once and they moved forward 4 inches at a time and then won the game an hour and a half later.

His opponent must not have had a pulse if that was the case.

He was playing ogors with 2 cannons and a ton of night goblins that all sat there whiffing shots as nurgle slowly moved forward.

building/converting starter kit bloodreavers. Half of them into marauders, with the others converted just enough that they don't all look the same

24 done, 36 more to go

Decent! Thanks user

So, now that it's been awhile, how does Tzeentch stack up?

New player here.

I just started deburring and filing the lines on my Slaves to Darkness set but have not put anything together yet. I'm new to Warhammer aside from the knowledge I have picked up from the years on Veeky Forums so I am new to evaluating stats on my units.

I'm looking for advice for how to build my troops.

My chariot can be built with horses or a gorebeast.

My warriors can be built sword and board, dual wield, great weapon, or halberd and shield (extra cost as they didnt come with halberd parts). I have seen a lot of people online recommending the halberds but haven't really seen any reasoning why.

The knights can be ensorcelled weapon or glaives.

Basically, I am wondering what is going to be a good starting build for my troops. Or should I say fuck it, buy some dummy models to practice on, and learn to magnetize so I have all the options?

They're op as fuck. Have fun.

>Sub Assembly if you want an easier time painting
>Gorebeasts generally
>Sword and Board for 10 man units, halberd for larger I'm guessing
>Glaives

Tzaangors are one of the best units in the game at finding a spot on the board and giving your opponent the middle finger as they try to remove them. You follow it up by shitting mortal wounds all over the board.

It's a good bit of fun.

I've been told by my friend that convinced me to buy in that the group I am joining is 1000 points so I am guessing I am going to be sticking to 10 man units. What makes the difference?

Nice. I had built a list around a Tzaangor deathstar, glad that was smart. Gonna start building it soon, I think.

more like age of shitmar lol

Do i have to have ridiculous army synergy?

I saw some guy playing blood goreboodtide gorers and he had like 5 different effects going on boosting his dudes to like 10 attacks each

Whoa fuck pack it up guys we are done for after this devastating wit

R8 my work in progress Mortis Engine. Base is a Bastillidon, and this is currently just a dry fit.

Btw, any lore reason for this thing to exist?

Who here HONESTLY believes that slaanesh will ever get a release like tzeentch just did, making slaanesh actually good compared to the rest of chaos, rather than be outdated.

I dont believe it... but I sure hope and desire it.

>implying gw actually gives a shit what we want

Also, have a scratch built Vampire Lady foot knight

If he doesn't, I'm just gonna go back to 40k. It seems like the same shit every few months here anyway.

Yea i know. But its just a buzzkill to think about that fact.

Ctrl+f no elves or aelves

can't have that now can we.

So what then should I do with all these daemonettes and my custom daemon prince.

You guys dont actually use the retarded new TM names do you?

Uoi dont actually say orruks or aelves or ogors do you?

Sup, Veeky Forums. Ex-Fantasy player looking to get into Age of Sigmar, since it's been gaining an actual playerbase locally. I'm looking for some help My Dudes-ing shit up.

I used to do High Elves, and my centerpiece is still my Tyrion model. But I really like the Stormcast from what I've seen, both crunch and fluff. So I'm looking for a way to combine the two.

My thought is that Tyrion-the-god traded with Sigmar. He gave Sigmar the means to baffle the way to the Realm of the Heavens in return for a decent chunk of Sigmarite in which Tyrion could adorn his warriors. As an elven warrior died, his soul would be judged and he would be reborn into a different caste, allowing for a very regimented society where the higher ranks lord over the lower in very real ways and treat them like shit (There's still some grimdark in me) but in return anyone can, theoretically, work their way up the chain.

Tyrion-The-God regularly would, then, send out an Avatar of Tyrion (Tyrion-the-model) to watch over fights and encourage those who fight under him.

So far I have the following chains in mind, and I'd pay attention to my models' performances to see who got 'upgraded' and bring the upgrades next game.

Spearmen --> Swordmasters (offense)/Phoenix Guard (Defense) --> Retributors (offense)/Liberators (defense)
Archers --> Shadow Warriors --> Judicators --> Vanguard Hunters
Silver Helms --> Dragon Princes/Ellyrian Reavers --> Vanguard Pallidors/Stormcast Extremis

Is there a better way to do this? Are there better 'upgrade' choices? Help me out here!

Should I keep the prince or add an exalted chariot?

it will come and it will be glorious

same for elves too