Game Finder Thread

>Player/GM
>System
>Hour, Timezone & Days
>Method of play (IRC, Roll20, Skype, etc.)
>Voice or Text
>Contact Info
>Additional notes

Other urls found in this thread:

s15.zetaboards.com/Warcraft_Eras/index/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69826/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-west-marches#newtopic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone in Melbourne, Australia that wants to play IRL?

>Player/GM
GM
>System
Homebrewed Nation Builder / Grand Strategy
>Hour, Timezone & Days
N/A
Play-By-Post Forum
>Voice or Text
Text
>Contact Info
>Additional notes

It is a dark time in Azeroth. Foul creatures have emerged from the depths of the Black Morass the likes of which no one has ever seen before. Rampaging through the country side of Stormwind, they exact a terrible toll among its people and manage to kill King Adamant Wyrnn before they are driven back into the swamps. Now Prince Llane Wyrnn has ascended the throne but will he be able to rally his court and put a stop to this evil once and for all?

Warcraft Eras is a game of Grand Strategy. Each player will assume the roles of either a member of the Stormwind Nobility or one of the Orc Clans. After building their character they will choose a starting province to manage and build up in the coming war. Through-out the week players will interact and roleplay with other characters and at the end of the week submit orders which will then be processed into news posts detailing the results.

Currently we have 5 players with 4 of them Alliance and 1 of them on the Horde, so we definitely need more Orc Chiefs! Do you have what it takes to lead the Horde to victory? Will you succumb to the dark powers gifted to you by the demons, or find strength through the elements and the old ways?

s15.zetaboards.com/Warcraft_Eras/index/

>Player/GM
Player
>System
I really enjoy Shadowrun 5e or Mutants and Masterminds, but I can play DnD 4e, 3.5, Pathfinder and most other D20 systems.
>Hour, Timezone & Days
My group just disbanded Friday nights, so I want to fill the void. PST, After 5 would be great.
Roll20, Skype, Discord, whatever you want!
>Voice or Text
I can do voice, text, or both.
>Contact Info
[email protected] or reply to this thread.
>Additional notes
I will play whatever role is most needed by the party or something interesting but not spotlight stealing. I have no problems working within whatever limits or realms of possibility the DM has set. I'm willing to research or read your/any other lore to better fit within the confines of the game. I also have two jobs so scheduling might be a tiny issue. In essence, I love tabletop gaming and I just want a solid group that won't fall apart after 3 games.

sounds a bit like nation wars, which was pretty cool, I'll check it out later tonight

awesome. let me know if you got any questions.

Were there to be a cWoD 'Living City', would the general preference be

A) 1 game line (eg, vampire, mage etc) with factions and subtypes organized regionally

-eg Lancea Sanctum have significant influence in the CBD district, the Carthians have many agents organizing the subway sytems etc

B) Several game lines, sorted regionally by supernatural type and then by faction and subtype

C) each player freely selects from any game line of the it's most recent publication

Do you mean Chronicles of Darkness?

yeah, I ended up halfway between CofD and nWoD with that acronym.

OK, then that sounds like something I'd be interested in. I'd prefer option A but I would be fine with any of them.

One game line, unless you want the game to devolve into a wankfest on 2e mages breaking everything with Steadfast and Exceptional Luck abuse.

>Player/GM
GM
>System
Mongoose Traveller, Second Edition
>Hour, Timezone & Days
Mondays, 3pm-7pm Central Standard Time. 1300-1700 GMT -6
Roll20
>Voice or Text
Optional Voice OOC. Text IC.
>Contact Info
Sinistar #4098
>Additional notes
Game is set in the Spinward Marches just after a major war. Party has just started out, but some have had to drop due to work or school. We're looking for 2 or 3 more people.

We need a pilot, engineer, and/or Jack of All Trades.

Game is very player-driven and pretty loose. I give you guys the worlds, you all choose how to explore them and do what you do.

only question would then be which game line

never a dull moment with mage balance. Could always balance it out with player slots; I'd love to see a contingent of hunters but presume wouldn't be a popular choice, and also heard that particular line could really benefit from getting a 2e update

The only game lines I'm well-acquainted with are Vampire, Werewolf, and Hunter. I would be willing to learn a different one. Realistically it will almost certainly end up being one of those or Mage or Changeling, no one plays the others.

>Player/GM
Player
>System
Pathfinder
>Hour, Timezone & Days
Wednesdays or Thursdays (any time)
Roll 20
>Voice or Text
Either
>Contact Info
Discord @ Fyssyre#0890
>Additional notes
Looking for a chill Pathfinder group to join. Been playing steadily for about a year. Would like to play Eldritch Knight, but can play anything the party needs.

I would be interested in that game regardless of which variant you decide on, but personally prefer the PCs to all be from the same gameline and the world to be divided among supernaturals. So, for instance, you are all playing as Changelings, but there's Hunters and Vampires and Slashers and whatever else out there, controlling some part of the city or region.

My personal game preference is Mage, I'm always interested in playing Mage, oWoD or nWoD. I've never played it before but I'm also pretty interested in CofD Demon.

If anyone is interested I am running a west marches style game of wfrp here, app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69826/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-west-marches#newtopic
The player count will be adjusted to the number of players interested.

>mature content: no

Bump

what happened to your lesbians?

>why can't user read?

I get you're trying to stir up shit about his campaign or something, but dude, the answer to your question is right there in his post.

Yeah where is the ERP, man?

page 10

Do you guys prefer fantasy, science fiction, or something inbetween?

I've always been a sci fi man. I just can't comprehend a reality without showers.

Interesting>Modern Fantasy=Sci-fi>Alt-history>Modern>Fantasy

What the hell defines 'interesting'?

ERP

I mean, if a setting is interesting to me, it supercedes these general preferences.

>Game is ... pretty loose

I hear the characters are too.

Do not play with this man, he is a cuck.

Depends, are you a big nerd?

>Player/GM
Player

>System
Been itching to play 5e, it's what I'm most comfortable with, but I would love to try other stuff too.

>Hour, Timezone & Days
EST, free most nights

Have discord, Skype, bit rusty on Roll20 but I don't mind relearning

>Voice or Text
Prefer voice

>Contact Info
Will#1704 on discord

>Additional notes
I'm so fucking desperate to play any tabletops. I really love getting into character, so a group that role plays well is preferred. Message me on Discord if you have any more questions, I'm happy to elaborate on experience, prefered playstyle, etc.

>Player/GM
GM

>System
I'll try anything but I'm experienced with NWoD/CofD, 3.5, and the Fantasy Flight Star Wars games. I'd also be interested in trying Eclipse Phase or the ASOIAF RPG, although I have no experience with them.

>Hour, Timezone & Days
UTC - 6. Free weeknights and Saturday morning through afternoon.

Whatever works for you guys.

>Voice or Text
Prefer voice but can do either.

>Contact Info
ModestMousorgsky #5691

>Additional notes
The campaign I was running just ended and all the players are going to a campaign being DMed by one of the other players, but I'd still like to run something. I already have some ideas for each of the games I listed but I'm open to suggestions as well.

What ideas do you have user?

I suppose I'll list all of them:

For WoD:
>a vampire game set in an old city, chronicling the PCs rise from neonates to elders
>a werewolf game where the players control two packs: one in the center of human depravity called Las Vegas, one 100 miles away in Death Valley (the themes of this game would be duality)
>a Mage game set in Mexico City, where unexplained magical changes have begun to turn the city into a modern Tenochtitlan: Aztec ghosts walk the streets, the architecture of buildings has become pre-Colombian, etc.

D&D:
>desert campaign: explore lost tombs, survive the elements, awaken lost gods, etc. etc.

Star Wars:
>when Order 66 went out, a Jedi Master managed to flee with a few younglings (that's you) and sought refuge on an isolated planet. Two decades later, your master has gone missing.

Eclipse Phase:
>You are part of a Firewall cell on Venus. The aerostats have come under attack from seemingly unrelated threats: bioterrorism, assassination of prominent figures, corporate espionage, etc. Additionally, a political movement on several of the aerostats threatens to tear the vulnerable Morningstar Constellation apart.

ASOIAF:
>standard intrigue/politics stuff, I'm going to play to the system's strengths

>Player/GM
GM
>System
Pathfinder
>Hour, Timezone & Days
Mondays, 8 PM EST
Discord, Roll20
>Voice or Text
Both
>Contact Info
Ark#4540
>Additional notes

Pirate focused Kingmaker game about building up a crew and an empire on the High Seas. Explore, adventure, get a massive amount of gold and spend it all on a solid gold ship that's severely lacking in buoyancy; it's up to you. Very open ended.

4u

>Both
Explain?

Heh, your pretty good kid

Voice for mechanical stuff and combat, text for RP.

By Both in Voice/Text, I mean

Voice OOC, Text IC

Does anybody here like homebrew?

Did anyone of us anons play Maid before?

Has anyone used Fabletop?

Seems pretty basic but probably pretty good for random groups, you just can't see what kind of games are being run without signing up.

Stop asking this in every thread and just post your game you fucking cuck.

Do you three have experience with him? What makes him so bad?

>you three
>implying that guy's three different people

Just Fixing things, since I am not pleased with the last post.

>Player/GM
GM
>System
Pathfinder
>Hour, Timezone & Days
Monday, 8 PM EST (GMT-5)
Roll 20
>Voice or Text
Text for In-character, voice for OOC
>Contact Info
Ark#4540
>Additional notes
Tl;dr Kingmaker Pathfinder campaign based on becoming pirate lords. Some Rogue Trader elements.

This campaign is based of a homebrewed world; parallel to the carribean and bahamas. It mostly has three empires: Elves, Dwarves and Humans. The time period is set in the Golden Age of Piracy, where there is still worlds to explore, seas to conquer, and the empire military isn't that strong. In that vain, most of the game is based off the idea of being a privateer/freebooter -- getting a ship and starting an empire. Everyone in the group will be part of the same crew, with a captain chosen among the players to lead and the rest of the crew handling the world. The world itself is mostly sandbox-lite; and very free.

Things to Note: 20 pointbuy, Most Tier 1 classes are banned, keeping with the theme of piracy I'd prefer characters on the low-magic or vodoo-esque scale of the world. Third party is allowed (Within reason, run it by me first), and generally most races are too. Just have fun.

>Player/GM
Id love to play, but lets be realistic, GM.

>System
L5R, 7th Sea, or A Song of Ice and fire RPG

>Hour, Timezone & Days
After 10pm cst or most any time Thursdays

Roll 20 with skype for voice and orginization.

>Voice or Text
Most likely voice.

>Contact Info

>Additional notes
Id like to run or play in something politics and Intrigue based. Already have few players intrested, but nothing solid.

I've been thinking about system hacks to capture the feeling of an existing setting (without getting caught up trying to emulate its mechanics too faithfully). Just wanted to gauge interest if it's worth putting out a formal ad for any of the following ideas with some systems that don't get much attention around here.

Megaman Battle Network via Monsters & Other Childish Things, chips serving as standalone powers built off wild talents. Players control an operator and someone else's Navi.

F/SN via Wild Talents with the addition of aspects per FATE. With 4+, everyone controls one character, otherwise same deal as MMBN.

Digital Devil Saga via either Sorcerer+Fate or Wild Talents with M&OCT mechanics for devouring.

Fire Emblem-esque REIGN

Legends of the Wulin anything

Don't bother with this one. DM doesn't know what he's doing.
>Doesn't know what tiers are
>Rejected avowed for being too magical, without reading it
>Okayed a magical divine octopus man right after

Don't listen to this man, he is a cuck.

No, that octopus man concept was also denied; the difference is that the person who proposed it wasn't an autistic child, and so he was cool with playing something else.

You came in wanting to play a pair of twins using a homebrew class that didn't fit the setting at all. When you were politely told no and asked to pick something else, you went into an autistic rage and insisted that you were entitled to play this specific homebrew class, regardless of what the GM or any of the other players wanted.

You weren't kicked out because of the class you wanted to play, you were kicked out because you're an unpleasant retard who came into the game with a specific character he wanted to play regardless of setting and insisted, even when denied multiple times, that you should get to play it.

tl;dr ur a faget

F/SN done properly would be great.

Fire Emblem would have to be done in Fire Emblem's system. Someone's even automated everything on R20 for it

Legends of Wulin should be cool

Confirmed, am cuck

>Player/GM
Player
>System
Any 40K RPG
>Hour, Timezone & Days
Sun/Monday/Friday after 10am EST. Thursdays after 1PM.
Roll20 Preferred
>Voice or Text
Voice
>Contact Info
Here I guess.
>Additional notes
I'm fairly new to RPG's (I have a few sessions in various DnD editions) and am looking to branch out. I'm probably not very great at it, but hopefully with some experience I'll get better.

fuck you, barely more magic than a gunslinger, terrible GM.

wew lad, i got a game going on you'd be great in. i sent you an invite

>pathfinder
Everything I need to know that the GM and the players are in the wrong

Hey, i talked it over with the GM, they are sorry about the whole thing and are very willing to reconsider.

That is a lie.

This is a lie.

>Can I play avowed?
>DM : no, I don't know what it is
>Hey octopus guy, you mind posting the link?
>[link is posted]
>DM : No, too magical
>Did... you read it?
>DM : No
>Can you read it before rejecting it out of hand? It's basically a paladin
>DM : No, fuck you. You're booted

>Can I play a pair of twins who are avowed? It's a homebrew class. I already had the character made before I saw this ad, and wanna play it.
>GM: No, it doesn't seem like it fits with the setting I'm going for and I'm wary of homebrew for new players, sorry.
> Wow, why won't you let me play this class, you fucking faggot? You guys all suck.[FURTHER AUTISTIC SCREECHING]

Then you continued to whine that you deserved to play it until you were kicked. Again, the class has nothing to do with this at all. The fact that your reaction to being told no was to immediately have a tantrum was why you were told to fuck off.

You will find no sympathy here, stop lying.

I'm gonna assume you're both fucktards unless you post chatlogs.

This is probably full. If you've added me on Discord you're fine even if we haven't talked.

Considering he banned and blocked me, can't do so. Also, the conversation was drawn out over like, four hours because I had real life things to do (read : work) so it's filled with octopus dude and an absolute wanker of a poster who's probably the one posting in this thread rather than the DM because he's a bigger twat than the DM by an order of magnitude or two.

Anyone running any Black Crusade games? Been looking for one.

All of those sound good, but I'm really down for Megaman or SMT

bump

Way to go shitting up the thread.

At least it keeps it bumped.

F/SN is a tricky one and it's quite possible I'd fuck it up but I have some cool ideas. Per FE, probably should've been more clear--I wasn't aiming at an existing FE setting (although that is a possibility if there was a strong contingent of people interested in a particular one) so much as capturing the vibe of allied lordlings passing through a crucible on a journey together and gathering forces. I'm certainly open minded to a more faithful system though.
Cool. For SMT, I'd definitely lean towards DDS because I haven't been sold on a system as handling monster taming/raising gracefully yet. One possible way to develop Navi/Op pairs I thought had potential would be for each player to write the Operator they play and decide the unique name they registered when ordering their custom Navi, but another player decides what Corsairman looks and acts like, and unique traits like his Blunderbusster.
i.e., you might get to name your special-made best friend and set the theme, but the actual digital person you meet is a completely independent person you had nothing to do with making.
Obviously the pair can then team up to work out their dynamic/history, know that we know who the Operator is and what the Navi's nature is.

I got no issue with DDS, it was a fun couple games and the whole gang warfare aspect could lead to some fun stuff. I have to admit that way of dealing with Operators and Navi could be fun so would each player be their own Operator and someone else's Navi?

Shadowrun (SR5e) campaign "soon" (TM). I need to re-read the rule book like five more times, annotate, and then comb through and read all the splat books twice. Campaign is mostly written, and I'm excited about it.

4 slots, beginners welcome (if it becomes apparent you have not read the rules you will be booted). Veterans also welcome, but be aware this is my first SR campaign.

800 karma, no SURGE, no HMHVV, no Technomancers (I might be willing to bend on that point). Seattle, to start with.

Text, voice OOC entirely optional. Willing to discuss the latter, might just not have voice at all.

Will answer questions if poised, but not tonight. Medium will probably be roll20, relevant contact info will be posted when I'm ready to launch.

MMBN: Yeah, precisely. Every player makes an Operator, names their Navi, and plays the Navi someone else named. Often, a particular scene should have an obvious focus on either the Net Navis or Operators, so it shouldn't be terribly confusing.

(Naturally, much like pressing L in the games, the other group's commentary/interjections are a factor, but the majority of your attention is only going towards playing one character at a time for the majority of it, and just alternating between which one that is.)

DDS: I was toying with the idea of a hodgepodge of DDS and DeSu. Rather than pre-made tribes in a wasteland, introduce a demon-mutating virus into quarantined Tokyo or other city and see what happens.

Well i'll play either both sound fun

battle network

definitely battle network

your vampire plotline sounds boring, cliche and unoriginal.

That blowjob your mom gave me was cliche and unoriginal.

I didn't say it was anything special but thnx for the critique senpai, I'll take it into consideration

>Player/GM
GM

>System
oWoD The Mummy: The Resurrection

>Hour, Timezone & Days
Monday or Wes

Discord and a online group Dice Roller site

>Voice or Text
Both

>Contact Info
aDespondentThespian 5792 at Discord

>Additional notes
List of Flakes on Discord:
Tzer
Plasticity
MarcoPolo

Please have your shit together and be ready to game as soon as your sheet is done.
You will be replacing our Fourth Player who flaked out.

Do not play with this man he is a cuck

Seems just fine to me. Like he has a place in mind and let it be largely character driven. Sounds like a Vampire game to me.

>>calls someone a cuck
>>i don't think you know what that word means.

you must be one of the fuckboi the person was mentioning
stay salty m8

wew, lad
What happened with tzer?

He seemed a pretty chill dude at first.
But he kept coming up with excuses why he couldn't turn in his sheet.
He kept trying to turn the conversation into sex, dicks and other faggotry.
He made the other dudes very uncomfortable when he kept posting yaoi and asking personal questions about their dicks

Tl;dr
he turned out to be a whiney, flakey ERP'ing homo who made the other dudes uncomfortable.

>Player/GM
GM

>System
I really want to try out Warhamster

>Hour, Timezone & Days
2-10pm, Pacific Standard Time, I'm only available Sunday as that's my only consistent day off

Roll20

>Voice or Text
Voice or text, whatever you're comfortable with

>Contact Info
Morgandnd (Skype)

>Additional notes
I have a really good feeling about this system. Even though it's technically a "Beta", (not to mention a Beer and Pretzels game) it seems like a really solid Dungeon Adventure with some interesting ideas for player generated story and goals. So, I'm looking for 4-5 lads from Veeky Forums to give this game a chance and have some light hearted violent fun clearing out a monster and loot filled dungeon or two every week. I'm actually really excited about the Party Goal Mechanic and Contact Quests, I think it can really open up some hilarious situations.

I betcha this fucker Is Tzer. Fuck you Tzer, you come to play a game, play the game instead of pushing yo shitty ERP

No doubt.

I always get confused by the lack of DM's in comparison to Players.
Then I remember half the players are flakey NEETs.

bro fist.

>Brofist
Is this one of those secret nazi salutes again?

>Player/GM
Player

>System
I'd like to do WH40K stuff, never tried it before. However, I'm okay with pretty much anything.

>Hour, Timezone and Days
I'm working from home, and have incredibly flexible times right now. The only day I'm UNavailable is Sunday. I'm EST.

>Method of Play
I'm okay with roll20 or discord.

>Voice or Text
Whatever the group is comfortable with, I'm okay with. Marginal preference for text.

>Contact Info
what even#6912 (discord), Not.An.Engineer (skype)

>Additional Notes
I'm around in these gamefinder threads quite a bit, so if you need any past DMs to vouch for me for... some... reason... I do have one or two, if you're weird like that.

Besides that, I'm a pretty light hearted goof OOC, and am active pretty much every day on discord and skype.

>All these potentially games using Discord

Goddamit

>Someone's even automated everything on R20 for it
Oh hey, that's me.