Warhammer 40k General (40,000)

Using 5th edition characters in 7th edition - edition

> Previous thread
boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/51805158#top
>A shitty little list builder that you all should stop ASKING ABOUT YOU FILTHY BITCHES
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's Unfucked ork codex
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?cmfmvrmjwcw1ljm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Tau

second for ultramarines

Let's start this thread off with some Bingo!

>I2

3rd for guard

First for time traveling Guard.

I have a game tomorrow with a 10/10 qt

How do I keep myself from firing spaghetti everywhere

Nth for the Dark Kin! For Commorragh!

does she play nids?

Thank you OP for giving a man with some serious constipation something to do while trying to take a shit.

Tzeentch Daemons/Thousand Sons

Just act normal man! Give her a good game and treat her with respect and then play more games till you get comfortable enough to ask her out!

Anyone else use Tabletop simulator to test out before buying?

How do you know her? If you got her to play a game with you without having to play because it's a tournament, then your spaghetti spilling is probably enough under control to the point that nobody here could really help you a lot.

If you know you'll play her tomorrow because she "has to" just try not to force jokes or be flirty/creepy and just play it like if you'd play any of the dudes in your store. Also don't try to get on her good side by praising her army paintjob to high heavens when it's unprecedented, nor force any fluff talk when she isn't obviously into the stuff.

Kind of new to DEldar. Stomped my Tau friend recently when he held back from using the most powerful units. He vowed to go all out next time. 1250pt game.

How do I hunt riptides (and other suits) as DEldar?

I was thinking deep strike dark lance ravagers, blasterborns on venoms, and an incubi unit on a venom dedicated to assaulting them. Taking splinter cannons on the venoms to handle infantry while everything else does its thing.

I wanted to make an Archon whose sole purpose was hunting riptides but I couldn't get an AP 2 weapon, and Drazhar uses demiklaives which have 3 ap instead of the 2 on a single.

Thoughts? Is this the best course of action or am I mistaken?

Or be batman!

If I run a squad of 5 meganobz, is giving one a pair of killsawz worth it?

Aye. Play more games on there than IRL. A lot of them on my own testing lists because my one friend that also has it and plays 40k didn't want to play in weeks.

I'm new to the game and figuring out my shit. Posted my first few painted models a few days ago in /wip/ and got some good painting tips.

On the other end, I'm tinkering with a list for my first 500 points. I got a little autistic with it and added a lot of fluff to muh dudes. Am I doing anything really retarded with my army choices here?

Honest question, not mocking you down:
On a scale between Fabio and the tendies guy (worst example of a neckbeard landwhale basement dweller), how physically attractive are you?

Hey /whg/,

I have a conundrum that I need rectified ASAP.

Dragon dildo or Hammerhead Gunship?

>Suddenly so many Dark Eldar players popping out of the woodworks

Gangs of Commorragh really did wonders I guess. I thought the Dark Eldar were a pretty underplayed faction.

["Why not both?" girl]

She came into the FLGS looking for a practice game since she's new to the hobby, and I offered seeing as I was the only other person there. But It was near closing so I offered a game for tomorrow, and she accepted.

4/10

Just dont lose your cool, even if she has 5 riptides, be a good sport, and dont be creepy. If you win, offer a rematch and if you lose ask for one.

Shower, shave, deodorant, brush your teeth. I feel like i shouldnt have to tell people this, but this is the hobby that attracts autists and little nurglings.

To piggyback on this post, a little cologne goes a long way. I'm a solid 4/10, but damn it feels good when the rare "you smell nice" compliment comes out of nowhere.

Are Renegades the best army now?

Oh geez, so, are you overweight, or just plain unattractive? And rate her while you're at it.

Try to keep the game fun and friendly. Spice it up by doing some things that would be fun. Like jokingly try to trick her if she has a flying Daemon Prince. You can pretend to talk as your wardlord, like, "There's some really cool secrets I have to tell you about, but you gotta land first, I don't do shouting".

Don't stomp her into oblivion. There was this solid 8/10 who was playing the other day as Guard. It was her 2nd game and this Marine player went full tournament list style on her even though she specifically asked for a casual and friendly game. She brought her Rough Riders and some Sisters allies and got shit stomped in 2 turns. She was a good sport but you could see she was feeling down. People who came to watch the match asked what they were playing and what their armies and people were and once they found out they gave a lot of "Dude, really?"

I just pretend girls are dudes. Probably a bit naive but I don't want to be romantically interested in a girl unless I'm already friends with them.

Thanks everyone for the help in the previous thread in ironing out my list. I just want to run this (tentative) final iteration by y'all once more before I start making purchases.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

>have a better tarpit than the IG
yes
the IG tarpit requires a comissar, the renegades do not

Overweight, ugly, yellow teeth, receding hairline even though im only 24

The works

No its the ynnari, i bought a huge lot on ebay for dirt cheap last year and had no drive to paint them, now im cranking out 5 models a day so i dont look like i jumped on the bandwagon. I did shelf them because of the "jinking forces occupants to snapfire" fiasco, but thats fixed so maybe ill even use them without the ynnari stuff

The DE playerbase has always been here, we just don't spout about the faction as often as certain other factions' fanboys.

Bitch I ain't made of money

no

Then just be chill about things and explain the game to her like a normal human being. Just play a casual game, bring a fair and simple list and concentrate on being two players, not being a fa/tg/uy and a pretty girl.

If she's friendly and talkative and gets how things work enough to not only ever ask about "how do I do X?" then you can maybe try and chat a bit and have some smalltalk. Also be nice enough to offer her rematches and some advice afterwards. Treating girls like you would any other dude is usually a pretty safe way of getting to know them these days, especially when their hobby is a men-domain anyway.

And her?

Sure you don't.

>coworker drops by my place
>sees my 40k models (ig) oh my shelf 'woah cool army men user!
>'hey user, they're a bit dusty, he proceeds to blow air from his mouth on the models
>all plastic, none of them weighed down, nearly 30 guardsmen fall on the hardwood floor and shatter into pieces
>mfw

How has everyone's 40k been this week?

You could always just start lifting weights and shave your head. You never know.

To elaborate on this I've heard about how girls trying to get into table top stuff lament how they get treated differently by the guys, like they're strangers in a far off land, and this perpetuates the lack of girls in the hobby. Just do your best to be polite and to behave with her like any other gamer.

She kind of looks like that pigeon girl I see posted sometimes

short, thin, bobbed blonde hair. dressed kind of like a hipster

Describe your exact reaction and be honest.

Also, were you able to fix them.

I tried shaving my head but I have giant moles all over my head and also my head is shaped weird

Then do this:
Buy a dragon dildo. Find some spare Hammerhead bits online (just the engines, gun and side flaps (if even those) should suffice. Then, put those things on the Dragon Dildo and bam, you'll have a Hammerhead, a dragon dildo and one sick-ass conversion! Can even use magnets in order to freely switch between dildo, Hammerhead, Devilfish, Longstrike or Sky Ray!

Linking to my previous post from the last thread

Plastic models are light, sure, but blowing hard enough in one single breath to knock down 30 models? What is he doing, blowing out a birthday cake?

And is your shelf apparently a thin piece of board with no back? Did his blowing magically suck the guardsmen towards him?

Wyches are competing for worse unit in the game. Hellions are bad, reavers are great.

Technically if you want a tarpit that can do something other than just being tough and fearless the 4ppm mutant rabble led by an enforcer with combat stims make short work of MCs.

>receding hairline
>head shape doesn't look good shaved

I know this feel.

I had someone do that to my necron once. Almost had a nerd rage at this fucking normie. Thank god I kept a facade of calm and ''its nothing dont worry''. 2 lords and a bunch of warriors went flying. Thank god, necron models are kinda sturdy.

Well, what can i say, other anons already gave you good advice
>shower
>shave
>brush teeth
>don't be creepy
>don't force subjects
>treat her like you would any dude playing you
>think before you talk
Also, i'd add that you control any kind of autistic bias triggers related to fluff or crunch, i'm telling you this because it's a huge problem for me. Basically, you're just playing another person, that's it. Have fun.

>You can pretend to talk as your wardlord, like, "There's some really cool secrets I have to tell you about, but you gotta land first, I don't do shouting".

so there seems to be a lot of things have changed. what are some of the best units in DE now? and are they still a glass cannon army?

>Taufags and anti-Taufags
>Marine players in general
>Chaosfags bitching about how Mariens are better
>Orkfags and Nidfags REEEEEing about how their codex is shit
>Sistersfags ever
>the Eldarfag who believes just because he didn't bring WK and scatbikes he's playing cheeseless
DE are the patrician's choice user.

mutants are 3ppm i think
I love that conscripts are also 3ppm and can take commissars
one of the few good buffs from the disaster that is the Guards 6th dex

I'd be surprised she was single.

Buzz it down shorter. Also don't worry so much about tomorrow. Girls in these hobbies are like the other user said, they just want to be treated similarly. Explain some rules, explain your army and what you are doing so she fully processes it, tell her you're willing to answer whatever you can.

If it helps, think of her having a penis too. Just a skinny boy with faggy hair.

That or realize you don't need to worry what kind of impression you make on her because you two aren't going to bang. That mindset has actually helped me get with people when I'm so comfortable and sure that I can never be with them, they end up being attracted to me because I just let it all hang out.

So, wanna keep my list in the Black Templar spirit of actually trying to get some dudes into freaking melee. Should I keep my Rhino Crusaders equipped with Boltguns to be at maximum shooting after disembarking and not being able to charge anyway and only have 20-27 attacks on the charge or drop the shooting potential after getting out in favor of more attacks in assault?

Pic related as an example list.

>didn't mention IG anywhere
it's ok, no one remembers us either

The basics are still pretty much the same, you take dudes in venoms and raiders with ravager support.

Any input on basing techniques?
I've just moved over to using texture paint and having mixed results...

You forgot to mention the ork and nidfags that think their armies are/should be the primary antagonist of 40k instead of Chaos

Beat her ass mercilessly.
Women desire to be dominated and are not very good at games.

No... well kinda.

The Renegades list can be used to represent a wide variety of forces from crappy mech guard (what I play), ogryn deathstars, discount Stormtroopers, mass waves of infantry, to full chesedick hyper-efficient artillery spam.

The Renegade list that won the LVO is the later. He also combined the artillery with a nigh-unkillableTzeentch daemon combo and summoning.

Guard players are generally bros, which is why I didn't group them with all those other faggots. The same goes for AdMech players, even those that bring WarConvo sometimes. Necron players are alright.

Then have a good time and show interest in her like a normal human being.

Qt girls are often so used to spaghetti and bullshit pick up attempts that if they are/will be interested in you its best if you act like a normal human being.

I am still going over the rules but I was in general thinking of this:

9-10 wyches in raider x2
incubi 4 with archon x2
voidraven
razorwing
Helion
Talos

what do you think?

>think of her having a penis too

>curly thinning hair in the front, back of the head is still thick
>Have to waste time combing my hair to hide
my dome from peeking out
>Hair style manages to look like Julius Caesar's curls in the front with a sad attempt to spread the rest out over the top of my head.
>Still manage to get crazy hair within a few hours making my styling useless

Priests are crazy cheap too. I need allied CSM for what guard do with blobs but R&H are gifted with their point costs, zombies from Vraks although twice their initial point cost at 6ppm lost Slow and Purposeful. That's nuts. It's exactly what the unit needed.

>plays literally the worst faction in the setting
>dares be condescending to anyone else

They are a glass cannon still. They exploit cover saves better than anyone though so they do survive better

>implying

I'm not going to bother digging through the archive to screencap the obnoxious faggot who outed himself as a DE player a few days ago, but I don't need to because I can just point at your own post and your own stupidity and inability to see that you're just another tribal faggot jerking over your own shitty faction like the people you're describing.

Wasn't this week but like 2 months ago:
>dad checks out my models
>picks up Drop Pod
>not like a normal human being would but by pinching a single of its "wings" between to fingers at the very tip "not to break anything"
>wing was floppy already, wanted to fix it that week
>snaps off
>pod falls down
>smacks on shelf it was on
>falls down further
>smacks against box under it
>falls down further
>crashes on floor
>yell at him to just pick them up normally next time and not on the obviously most frail and weakest part of the entire model that is a literal block of plastic
>magically only said wing, the one on the other side of its adjacent door and the small plate on the top part of each door broke off clean where the glue was

I might have overreacted a bit but god dammit, sometimes that man's motoric skills are so bad one could think he has brain damage.
Yes, I apologized afterwards but I'm still pissed about it.

do priests give zealot? I forget
I usually take comissars for that 9ld on orders
doing FRFSRF with conscripts is fucking hysterical

>literally the worst faction in the setting
But I don't play Tau.

Calm yourself :^)___________________

>>Taufags and anti-Taufags

So you complain about anti-Taufags yet are an ait-Taufag. Good job.

you're being baited friend

It is great and yes Priests give Zealot. I like them for Conscripts because I usually have a Psyker in there too. Forewarning with re-rolling Armor/Invuln saves with Conscripts is great.

Once you get to the point you have to try and hide it you just need to shave it off.
Or you could always try waxing, it will hurt like shit, but supposedly if you pluck enough hairs simultaneously it can trigger growth where once there was just bald/

Continuously point out that she is female and that it is unusual to see one of those playing, visibly sweat, act surprised whenever she makes a good decision.

I know people probably don't care, but here's a pdf of Wrath of Magnus.

mediafire.com/?cmfmvrmjwcw1ljm

Thanks again to the user who made me aware of the print to pdf function.

can I slap her on the ass too?

Yes, and also whistle at her.

Ill also tell her that she smells nice and that shes beautiful

Then ill invite her to my mom's house after the game to watch steven universe

Do it like those cliché Golf trainers in movies. Walk up behind her when she's moving models, get real close and move her hand with her as she moves around the plastic. Make sure to talk with the most smooth voice you can right into her ear and maybe hold her hips with your other hand close to you, not to accidentally "shove the table" as she's leaning forward to get her stuff deeper into the middle of it.

This is all terrible advice for picking up women, Anonymous. What you really need to do is immediately whip out your penis and flail it around. This lets the female know you are receptive to mating. Then you open your tailfeathers and do the courtship dance.

Once the game is about to end tell her that your time together has made you realize how important she is to you and how badly you need her, chicks dig that shit.

place a bet that if you win she has to give you a kiss

>"Yeah e-grubs is pretty much an autobuy, they're pretty worth the points. I don't think I've seen any Flyrants these days that don't take them. By the way, were you aware that you're a female?"

A DEAL'S A DEAL, user.

>just finished painting and applying decals to alpha legion havoks
>take them out to shed to apply varnish
>all goes well despite rainy day
>hour later stuff us dry, bring them inside
>fumble when trying to close door, drop one on laundry floor
>FUCK
>pick up model, inspect damage - must have landed on backpack because it popped right off, not a chip on the model anywhere
>glue pack on, proceed with basing
Thanks be to the gods

>Veeky Forums - Dating

Bump.