Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Undoing Raptors user's old pasta edition
Newcrons vs Oldcrons, it's like I'm really back in 5th edition sub-edition

>previous edition
>Dank Dweekend Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=kKF6GUyI8VA

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Here's the list builder, but if you've actually bothered to read this far, ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another roster making program that may or may not be a broken piece of shit
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Soulburst now available at the vending machines)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share
music.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAzlNJonO8&feature=share
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c
mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8

2nd for no cheetahs or NL themes

second for imperial guard

Alright faggots, so what if I took Thunderwolves and mounted their riders on the base with the wolf, instead of on top of it? It's still dangerously furry to fight with your spirit animal but at least they wouldn't be fucking riding them. Jury's still out on how such a unit would move like cavalry but fuck it I'll figure something out.

y/n?

posting basilisks because i'm starting one tomorrow. Any tips for playing with them??

oops, wrong image

I don't see any Basilisks in this image. Only Earthshaker artillery carriages.

Park it behind LoS-blocking terrain way in the back, don't miss. That's literally it.

DELET THIS

Seconding the second which is actually a third for Guard. Blob squads forever. IDing MCs with Primaris Psykers never felt so good.

They are overcosted for what they bring to the table in this edition, however there is a formation that makes good use of them. If you're not already familiar, the Emperor's Wrath formation is an artillery formation that allows a Company Commander to give orders to the unit. It's pretty nice for Basilisks because you can give them the order to ignore cover.

>Emperor's Wrath formation is an artillery formation that allows a Company Commander to give orders to the unit. It's pretty nice for Basilisks because you can give them the order to ignore cover.

thats right, i nearly forgot. but then I need 2 more of these fuckers right??

How is riding a wolf furfaggotry? Furfags don't want to ride on the wolf, they want to burn the wolf.

t. guy who posted YIFF IN HELL with F40PH in furfag friday threads for years aka furfag detection expect aka Ordo Furfagatros

>to burn the wolf

FUCK I MEANT BE THE WOLF
I guess I want to burn the wolf

Back due to popular demand:

Reminder that the Night Lords have a song that captures their theme perfectly

music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share [Open]

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

>Does the above point apply for any of my other "funny" song ideas?
Yes.

>I know more about music than you because that is brostep, not dubstep
Doesn't change the fact that it is the correct song for the Night Lords

>Why did you word that first sentence weirdly?
Because people thought they were clever with their spam filter

>but they can't be the wolf so they wear wolves and wield wolves and think like wolves and ride wolves instead because it's the next best thing
It's elementary.

You should just use Wulfen if you're gonna go that route IMO

Or Thunderwolves with servo arms.

Yes, and some other stuff. If you only plan to use one, then I would do what this user said The biggest thing it has over the Leman Russ battle tank is that it can fire Barrage so that can be nice for ignoring some cover if the enemy units are in the open behind something that blocks LoS.

I personally love Basilisks, but they just aren't very strong for being 125 points. 2 Wyverns for only 5 more points get so much more mileage.

Not this shit again

Hello, shitpostfriend. Have you considered that metal also suits the Iron Warriors? The IRON warriors. Iron is a metal.

I thought they were just edgelords. You know, lone wolves have to stick together.

Just filter night lords.

>2 Wyverns for only 5 more points get so much more mileage.

wyverns are good but can't crack eldar wraithANYTHING spam

>Implying Space Wolves don't want to be wolves.

>playing loyalist guard
Is this a meme

>Playing a FW army
>"Sorry I don't play against FW"
What an easy win.

Post me a song that you thinks suits the iron warriors then.
I think the Vikings theme song suits the Iron Warriors very well actually.
Brooding, unstoppable, uncaring.
music.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAzlNJonO8&feature=share

>Tau are more nobledark
40K in general has been showing hints of nobledark recently.

>Wulfen
The models are retarded though. As a matter of fact I'm trying to come up with a less faggoty way of representing them too, but I'm not quite sure how to model them so you can tell they're DRUGGED UP FUCKING ANGRY VIKING BERSERKERS and not just like a command squad with power weapons.

>Thunderwolves with servo-arms
Interesting. I'll have to remember that idea.
>they have wolf claws
I'd model mechadendrites. SPIDERWOLVES.
Only problem is that means my ThunderLord would be a literal wolf. I'm not sure my army can be commanded by a literal wolf.

>being in an environment where people would deny games based on being FW

That was a horrible song

You guys are still using tank artillery? Don't you know all the kids are using Rapiers and Thudd carriages these days.

I actually play with people at real stores and not with friends in my basement or living room.

>What an easy win.

Refusing a game is a loss by forfeiture, not a win, moron. And it also works on any army, FW or not.

Man what's it like going through life being that dumb? Like, I legit don't even give a shit if people hate FW but that kind of logic has to be a symptom of brain damage, right?

>his store still bans FW
What's it like living in 2003?

I covered this in the FAQ. Your personal feelings on the song don't stop it from being perfect for the NL.

>house is too shit/owned by parents to fit a table
>has no friends willing to go to his place
>he thinks that's something to be proud of

More proof of FW being patrician and plastic being plebshit. No wonder you plebs are so desperate for Chinese knockoffs.

fitting because the night lords are hot garbage

>FW is OP!!!!

Gee whiz is it 5th edition again?

FW has never made anything as fucking ridiculous or OP as the garbage GW shits out on the reg

Yes. That is the appeal of them to me. They are not super cool always winning Mary Sue's.

>your taste doesn't matter
>my taste is the only taste that matters
>even though music is objectively about variety of taste

Good effort, but you forgot to post a smug anime or a laughing animal image. You'll be /40kg/'s top shitposter yet, though.

Hey, dumb dumb, I was talking about the person playing FW having an easy win.

I like that you pretend that your shitty kits are worth paying double the price of real armies. Keep thinking higher price means better quality.

You two aren't relevant. You no longer have permission to post.

Just ignore him and his spectrum.

FW gifted us an apology for AM and Scions

Tell me, /40kg/. How competitive your army and your lits.

oh shit look we have a smart guy over here

My perfect recast Leviathan Dreadnought saved me $100 dollerydoos, Which I then used to buy more recasts.
Have fun uselessly spending too much money, thanks for keeping FW in business so they make more models that I can get recasts of.

Can someone give me pointers on my list? I'm going for something that can be used in friendly games and maybe competitive. I'm using imperial armor 13 stuff too.

Chaos Space Marines (Alpha Legion)
(1848/1850)
HQ [1]

Sorcerer (180pts) Force Stave, Mastery Level 3, The Mindveil, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar

Elites [1]

Chaos Contemptor (290pts) Chainfist, Plasma Blaster (2), Havoc Launcher, Dedication of Nurgle, Extra Armor

Troops [4]

10x Chaos Space Marines (160pts)
>1x Aspiring Champion
>8x Chaos Space Marines
>1x Chaos Space Marine; Lascannon

10x Chaos Space Marines (160pts)
>1x Aspiring Champion
>8x Chaos Space Marines
>1x Chaos Space Marine; Lascannon

6x Chosen (283pts) Dreadclaw Drop Pod-(Dedicated Transport)
>1x Chosen Champion; Combi-Melta, Power Maul
>5x Chosen; Melta Gun

5x Chosen (265pts) Dreadclaw Drop Pod-(Dedicated Transport)
>1x Chosen Champion; Power Maul
>4x Chosen; Plasma Gun

Heavy Support [3]

2x Chaos Rapier Weapons Battery (140pts)
>1x Rapier; Hades Autocannon
>1x Rapier; Cyclotrathe Pattern Conversion Beamer

2x Chaos Rapier Weapons Battery (140pts)
>1x Rapier; Hades Autocannon
>1x Rapier; Cyclotrathe Pattern Conversion Beamer

1x Chaos Relic Sicaran (230pts) Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Malefic Ammo, Warpflame Gargoyles, LoR: Perdus Rift Anomaly, Extra Armor

Sorry you couldnt convince your mommy to buy you forgeworld

Go back to scrubbing models you bought on ebay with a toothbrush, poorfag

Original rules for krieg drill, fight me faggot.

You wrecked the Night Lords. We can't even post about them now without being calling shit posters. Hope you are happy fuckstick

Just enjoy your hobby for you. Don't worry about if these tards get upset at your passion.

No one thinks the D-flail is broken?

>he actually does hate FW non-ironically
Fucking hilarious.

But his autism is funny. It's a slow time of day so it's not like his shitposting is clogging up the thread.

>no cheetahs in thread
>NL shitposting instead
Please connect the dots and move on

It's cute that you think I don't have money just because you spend yours poorly. You're so defensive of your shitty kits that. I bet tonight you're spending a hour or two putting off the fact that you need liquid green stuff to repair 60% of your shit before you can even prime it.

>it's a D-cannon squad except with random shots and it can't roll a 6
>or it's ONE (1) D-scythe shot which can't overwatch because it's a vehicle
>costs as much as a fully functional D-cannon squad

It's fine. Mean if spammed, but fine otherwise.
The Skathach Wraithknight is fucking bullshit though.

If you play loyalist guard right now I'd feel pretty cucked too
Really cucked, actually.

You need to do the exact same thing for plastic kits

dont tell me you leave gaps unfilled/sanded on your plastic kits do you?

What exactly is non-loyalist Guard and why are they considered good?

>implying
But user, I play Eldar and therefore I can fuck up your oh-so-pure FW-free meta just fine anyway

Renegades and heretics, they do guard better and cheaper.

You really have been cucked by FW haven't you. Jesus. No wonder nearly none of your army is painted and only partly built. Do you even play games or do you just theory craft and shit post?

What exactly do they do better? I don't know where there rules are. I really like Rough Riders, blobs and Bullgryn, do the evil Guard have stuff like that too?

post painted minis faggit

fite me

From the outside looking in, this game seems very best dice win, with a bit of rock, scissors, paper.

Am I missing something, or is that what a lot of games come down to?

They get cheaper artillery and infantry and can shoot that artillery into close combat.

Their "Purge" formation lets you spam ordnance that leaves behind dangerous terrain.

>Here are the few things I painted when I had a little bit of motivation that one month

You're missing the fact that the rules are unbalances as shit and so he who spams the cheesiest units has a better chance of winning.

There is also a small element of legitimate tactical sense.

>buys 40k
>says others spend their money poorly

If you wanna save money, don't buy anything.

Not at all.

I've won plenty of games despite bad dice, but it mostly comes down to whether or not you're playing missions in which it's possible to win entirely on objectives.

Liquid green stuff is terrible for gap filling, even on plastic models. That's how he knew your models looked like shit.

Renegades and Heretics IA:13; Supplement Renegades of Vraks; Detachment: The Purge

No more limit on plague zombie troops, better plague zombie troops, ability to target your own units with templates, thudd guns as non compulsory troop, Heavy choices can be taken as Elite, 4 Heavy choices, cheaper wyverns and units in general, S9 T7 twin-linked AP1 ordnance rapier laser batteries, 79 points for 3 including max extra crew and militia training, ability to ally daemons for 20+ WC with daemonology summoning to get greater daemons on the table, I can go on.
>implying Eldar can beat high str template spam

Who'd you order from?

That is literally what every wargame/RTS/DnD based game (including things like WoW) comes down too. It's just about how pretty and disguised you can make it.

Not everyone can paint every day

Some people have full time jobs and have to be selective of the models they work on in their free time. It's why I spring for premium FW models

MI

You have nothing to roll dice for if you don't position your units properly.

>implying Eldar can beat high str template spam
What army? Guard? Marines? Knights? Tau? Don't make me laugh. I will make an Eldar list to counter it perfectly. Remember, no FW here, so it's balanced.

>implying your templates will mean shit when their target is invisible

I'll have to check it out, I've been looking for a good Leviathan

>Remember, no FW here, so it's balanced

I don't need to save money and I never will have to. That's not the point. The point is that people who buy FW are buying even more overpriced miniatures of worse quality. That's called spending money poorly.

It's like if I spent a lot of money on a TV and you spent even more money for a worse TV, then you spent your money poorly.

Premium FW models.

I don't need to add anything to that.

Seems like you haven't followed the reply chain properly, if at all. I'm the one arguing against the anti-FWfag. What you are quoting on is sarcasm, user.

There was only minor mold slip but it was on the inner side, which didn't affect assembly and can't be seen.

I'd say that, depending on the army, it's 1/3 dice rolls, 1/3 army list and 1/3 your decisions.

Even if you roll like shit, it's still possible to win if your opponent makes terrible decisions or his army list is worse. Likewise, the best dice rolls and tactical acumen won't save you if you bring a heavy anti-infantry list against Imperial Knights.

>I don't need to save money and I never will have to. That's not the point

It kind of is the point when you talk about "spending money poorly".

LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

Nice, probably gonna buy one once I get paid

Too bad Chinashit isn't better quality than FW. See how easily your retarded arguments fall apart? It's because they're not even based on facts or reality.

>best dice win
Literally Daemons

reddit . com /r/ yoyhammer/ search?q= leviathan & restrict_sr =on

Is that supposed to be cheap? That's not even 50% off the price of a real Leviathan.

"Perfectly cast", huh? Poorfag chinashits are fucking pathetic. You wouldn't even feel the need to have these retarded conversations if you weren't so bitter about being pathetic and poor. You NEVER see video game piracy bragging.

>Less flash
>No loss of details
>Less warping
>No resin sweating
Actually, they can be better than casts you get from FW. Yes FW will also replace those parts, but you just proved you have no idea what you are talking about.

No, it isn't. My money was not the point. The point was user's money and how he did a bad job with it.

And also, to add to this, just because I don't have to worry about money doesn't mean I can't spend it poorly.

I don't buy Chinashit, and never brought it up. I don't know why you keep assuming I'm buying shitty recasts like a poor person. I indulge in an expensive hobby specifically because I have the money to. If you don't have money, go buy a console and sub to some sort of video game rental service.

>implying flash even matters

You can literally blow it off the model.

>no loss of details

Implying FW would lose details from their own model that you're recasting off of.

>Less warping

Too dumb to boil water?

What.

>You NEVER see video game piracy bragging.
You do, but the faggots that do it are laughed out of whatever shithole they brag in. Even /v/.

>posting rebbit

>keeps talking about poor people shit like "spending money poorly" and how people aren't spending their money right when they're the ones who can afford to spend on whatever the fuck they want
>"I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ASSUME I'M POOR"

lol

it's a fucking luxury hobby dipshit, none of it is worth buying