Amonkhet general

Amonkhet general

old thread

>now gideon is russian
trans racial character confirmed again

I feel like Gideon is the only Gatewatch member (aside from Ajani) who is actually putting in effort to blend in with the planes he visits.

Reminder that this is most likely bolas's vacation plane

Although there is only so much a 7ft tall lionman can do to blend in on any plane without leonin.

#
The thought of being able to hunt a planeswalker that is also an elder dragon would probably give Garruk a non-stop erection.

Probably the gods.

>Another 2 years of dealing with the Jacetice League shitting on every plane.

Can they fucking let them rest and fucking just make some new shit? Goddamnit, i'm so fucking sick already of the same fucking planeswalkers on every plane with some minor OC here and there.

>full art
was shit, will be shit

>dat plains
They are all pretty good, except for the forest which just feels off for some reason.

PHYREXIAN INVASION WHEN?

Ajani has been wearing the same outfit since he was first introduced.

Only thing that has changed is Elspeth's cape was added.

MTG artists are just inconsistent with proportions.

Oh you think you hate them now

Just wait until they go to fucking Dominaria and shit on that.

(((market research))) says that players love it!

The same 5-6 characters every plane! You will love it!

>artist: so what ethnic features does he have?
>wotc: uhm... well...
>artist: skin tone?
>wotc: ...
>artist: okay... how old should he be?
>wotc: early 30s to mid 50s
>artist: so somewhere inbetween?
>wotc: no all of it.
>artist: what?
>wotc: he is all those ages at the same time. you can do that right?

Liliana of the grapes

>Implying Dominaria's residents aren't the most hardcore civilians in the Multiverse and can bitchslap Neo-walkers with ease.

>just enjoying that grape culture

>they leaked Gideon's name
>but they're still hiding Lilliana's

Lillli backstabbing the Gatewatch when

Jace got a leather coat for Innistrad and Liliana is a mix of "I don't give a shit" and "It's a dress"
Chandra's the weird one that might stand out because of her psuedo-strampunk armor

>He thinks Wizards won't retcon the entire thing into being shit so that the Jacestice League can walk all over it

They know no shame user.

Just wait for Jace to quip to Terferi after the Gatewatch asspull a win against Bolas.

absolutely not, she wants them to kill the Demon on Amonkhet, she needs her puppets.

>Demon
Please no. I am tired of Demons, Dragons, Angels, Hydras being shoehorned into every plane.

Liliana, Death's (or Mind's) Manipulator 3BB

+3 Put a -1/-1 counter in up to one creature.

----------------

Gideon, Martial Paragon 4W (or 1W, but 4w matches Liliana)

+2 Planeswalkers (????)

I don't like that the mountain is another cityscape. Plains and swamp hit it out of the park. Other ones could use less city.

>Morte
I think its safe to say Death's

Not soon enough

>"Forest" that's not an actual forest
>"Island" that's not an actual island
>"Mountain" that's not an actual mountain

Nah only Ajani went there alone and he's not a shitter.

>avacyn snek
for what purpose?

Those are absolutely gorgeous.

It's never going to go away. Fucking Innistrad has dragons, man. It's all mandatory fluff.

I see what you are saying, but I personally like the field of monoliths.

>we are returning to -1/-1 counters
Are we getting Infect, Wither, or Persist back?

why don't they just spoil these fucking cards need to know if there are any hidden gems like the tezzeret fuck sake!!

>that Lilianna +3
I want it.

>moonfolk waifu will never be relevant again

They really just want to turn Magic into Star Trek. The fucking Gateship Enterprise flies onto a different plane in every episode, beams down and does some bullshit there, and every plane is just one studio set with like two new characters.

Only way it's different from Gerrard and his band of annoying assholes is that at least the Gaywatch doesn't appear on literally every card in art or flavor text. They're only in like 50%.

well its one of the 4 demons she pact'd with, so its inevitable.

Seriously why does he look so fucking old? The artwork on his planeswalker deck card makes him look like he's in his late 30s early 40s but here he looks like a grumpy old man. wtf

As long as they are not generic shit like dragons from Kaladesh i would be fine with it.

"story" wise, you just get mana of that color from areas aligned with one of the 5, they don't have to be literal mountains.

>Green city
>White city
>Blue city
>Red city
>Black city

Return To Return To Ravnica confirmed.

It'll probably be generic dragon shit. Crocodile dragon shit.

I'm kind of sad about kaladesh dragons. Tiger dragons were a cool design.

They have to be literal mountains or I'm not going to buy them.

Out of magic players you're such a small minority that no one gives a shit what you think.
Really, bitching about maybe 10 cards out of almost 300

>actually good art for once that does actually fits the plane
>I DEMAND MOUNTAINS WIZARD

> those horns
I wonder who could be behind this plane

Dragons and Angels are shoehorned into every plane because there's a weird subset of Magic players who buys those two creature types just because they have that creature type. I don't think Demons have fanboys like that though.

Black mana Anubis goddess has somenice tits.

They already did this garbage with the Zendikar full arts. I don't want my full art lands to look like they belong to any specific plane, I want them to be as generic as possible because I'm going to use them in every single deck. I don't give a fuck about lore or story, fuck Magic lore right in the ass.

Well it's not like they're hiding Bolas like a secret. Dude is celebrated every time he's relevant to a set or block.

Then use your old lands.

Of course they do. Why do you think they made Kaalia White, red, and black for that effect?

The ones that are hard to make people give a shit about are hydras and Sphinxes

If you don't care about the story, why do you care that these lands look different from others?

I just want to see more personality between the planes.

Theros did the right thing and actually took Angels out for Archons.

Demons on Theros just stick out like a sore thumb though in a Greek setting. It would have been better to make Furies a gender flipped Demons like Archons are gender flipped Angels.

Well you might get those if core sets were a thing and they wanted to celebrate core sets with basic full arts, but core sets don't exist no more. Every new block is a specific plane so your hopes and dreams are dead, user.

I'm that Dragon Tribal weirdo here, and yeah, I admit I like it when they have dragons on every plane. But you have to admit Croco-Dragon here really fits the Egyptian aesthetic.

Because I do care about aesthetics.

The only full art lands that look good are stupidly expensive now.

I don't understand why they bother printing full art lands if they don't make them good looking.

How do you feel when Dragons are forced into a plane and they are just generic hasty fire breathers?

Welp, that ain't gonna happen since we no longer have a generic core set or a really boring D&D style setting setting for your whitebread means.

>I don't understand why they bother printing full art lands if they don't make them good looking.
They look fine. I'm not too excited for them myself but they look good for the set. If I was making a standard deck or a Egypt edh deck I would want these.

Hydras are fucking rad.

Looking the way YOU want them is of no one's concern but your own. I want reptilian wurms back, but that's not the way creative is going in the game.

>hiding Liliana's

The epithet/deck name is printed on her box too. Blame Toyark for shit photography/not knowing better about what is or isn't relevant.

Because every world doesn't need a Niv Mizzet. They don't adhere to D&D's diverse order of dragon creation. Most of them are going to be those big brutish firebreathing monsters so that characters like Ugin, Bolas, and Niv Mizzet stand out as their own personalities.

People run hydras a lot and have been since they finally started designing them better. I will concede that the last time Sphinxes had a real heyday was in Alara.

So they batted a ten when they replaced Wurms with Hydras then, but they're still a bit behind the other three on the popularity list.

Thank you Innistrad for at least having the decency of doing something that stands out with your dragons. Love those stained-glass looking motherfuckers.

I REALLY don't think people run Hydras because of their creature type. If they do, it's because of raw mechanical usefulness.

Innistrad dragons are my favorite ones in the game. I'm till a little miffed they didn't reprint Moonveil for SOE.

God, Gideon is the ugliest motherfucker in existence and I hope Bolas just exiles the fuck out of his stupid "turn into an indestructible creature!" ability when the Jacetice League loses in this set.

Yeah, that's boring. If it's a plane that dragons don't fit into they really should make them unique like Mirrorwing dragon in Eldritch Moon (even though dragons totally fit into the Germanic flavor). Freejam Regent looks awesome but is actually pretty boring, same with Skyship Stalker.

I like hydras for their type. I just want the better and cooler looking ones in my deck. I'd be all for hydras completely replacing wurms as the generic green stompy monster.

They made them so useful and continue to make them that way to ingrain the Hydra type in game as that. So you reach for it and think "Hydra" every time you need an exponentially growing aggressive green monster. Same way you think of saprolings instead of elves when you had a green swarm once upon a time. Kind of like thinking of the word 'Coke' for cola even if it isn't "Coca Cola".

>"Forced"
See, here's your problem, you notice them and go "Hurr forced!"
They're giant fire breathing lizards. That's not really forced. They aren't flooding the plane Dragons of Tarkir style. They're not all hyper intelligent.

In fact, why are you surprised there are dragons on the plane where the DRAGON planeswalker Nicol Bolas hangs out. Hell, didn't they imply that he made the plane? He can have dragons there if he wants.

Saying "Why does every plane have dragons?" is like asking "Why does every plane have humans?" Why the fuck not? People like them and they look different enough from plane to plane to serve as a quick "Well that's different." sort of like a creature landmark. Ditto with angels and demons, which are literally "Big white mana things" and "big black mana things" in lore respectively. It's just a Magic thing.

God damn, user. You ruined it with your reasonable and moderate opinion!

Ok, as someone who only got into magic around time Spiral can someone lay out the power levels for the MTG universe?

Who was the strongest/weakest main characters and such.

Though we did have a plane without humans and it was really fun.

I know, I just find the horns really funny cause I'm imagining it's Bolas trying to hide behind a rock or something.

If all wurms had a wide sweeping effect when they did things like ol' Novablast, they would have stayed as green's iconic.

Jeska eventually became the strongest walker/person to ever exist, but she never had a card at this level of power.

she's also the only person to get 3 different legends with different names and all of them are the crux of the story she's in.

>Yawgmoth

POWER GAP

>Urza
>Old Walker Bolas
>9 Titans
>Other Old Walkers

POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP

>Neo Walkers

Tetsuo Umezawa >>> Urza when he's trying to help > Yawgmoth = Nicol Bolas > Urza normal mode > like the rest of the oldwalkers >>>>>> most superfauna > neowalkers >= people

>It was really fun
No it wasn't. There's a reason it's banished from MTG harder than Homelands and Kamigawa.
At least Kamigawa's mechanics can still come back, Most of Lorwyn's legacy has also like-wise been banished.

Jeska became stronger than ever Yawgy before her death, so much so that she re-wrote the rules of the multiverse and forever altered reality across all dimensions.

I thought her re-writing the rules of the multi-verse only gave everyone a chance to defeat yawgmoth rather than having no chance.

Holy fucking shit, -1/-1 counters? I almost thought Wizards forgot those existed, hasn't every single fucking set since New Phyrexia been a +1/+1 counters set?

yawgmoth was dead for 300 years before she was even born.

she stopped the Planar Portals and forever weakened Planeswalkers so that all their power would be stored for some great conflict she forsaw in the far future, and to also stop Planeswalkers from creating more Planar Storms.

she also cut off normal planar travel beyond I suppose Aetherportals on Kaladesh.

for reference, Nicol Bolas assumed the Planer Storms was unstoppable, and essentially asked Jeska for help.

Innistrad dragons are actually pretty interesting. They're all thin and lanky, with long necks and translucent wings.

you're right. I confused her with someone else. My bad.

Jeska? This one? What are the other two?

soul of the harvest reprint?
damn good card in casual commander.

Damn,then Ravnica and Mirrodin and must have made you mad as hell,user.