Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULFfZ_vMj9E
youtube.com/channel/UCqYhqHaRlGJ5oYiP7pakVUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Griselbrand

>Stoic Angel
>a $1 card that only sees play in Commander

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can you believe there are people who pre-ordered these boxes?

I really like Domri Rade, but there's NO reason for him to get reprinted.

But user, he was FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS! See, Wizards is serious about tackling the supply and price issues in Modern. You're welcome.

seriously why the FUCK would you put him and two other dollar-rares on the cover of packs?

t-that is snapcaster right? who else could he be?

WHAT IF: There's no Liliana?

So?

He is going to be mythic, and therefore, will do nothing for the price of it,

>He is going to be mythic

implying

You better pray he is mythic. If he ends up as rare, expect a shitfest at mythic and rare, all justified behind "Well, Snapcaster was rare. What else do you want?"

Have you noticed the pre-order prices for this?

Two things come to mind. Once, sellers know this is going to be printed into bolivian and two, they already know what is in it, and know there is no way this crap is going to sell. Kinda like MM2 and EMA, only now people are expecting it.

>Open a mythic from a 10 dollar pack
>get a 5 dollar garbage card that sees 0 play anywhere, and will probably bucket to 1 dollar from this reprinting
This genuinely is pushing me away from this product.

it's going to be full of shit rares and partially shit mythics anyway.. better for him to be a regular rare. then again they can manipulate the presence of it like they did with fatal push uncommons

Snap and lili are lottery cards not mythic.

They didn't even reprint griselbrand they just said they did and put him on the packaging.

I already have mine so I don't really care. Same goes for Goyfs. However I would really appreciate a cavern reprint.

I predict Snapcaster at rare, like Hierarch in MM2, which probably means Liliana and something else end up as the value lottery mythics. Maybe even Tarmogoyf again, or Horizon Canopy.

you think snap's price will go down? i need my playset to finish grixis delver.. did hierarch lower the price with the reprints?

>>Liliana from mythic to rare

I don't think Wizards would print a Rare Planeswalker nowadays, seen as Ajani Goldmane is the only Rare PW i can recall...

Conflux Hierarch went down from $60 at announcement to $45 at release, to $35 6 months later. 1 year after release it was back at $45, and it's never looked back.

MM2 Hierarch followed pretty much the same trend.

So, expect a dip in the price of Snapcaster, then after a few months, the price will pick up again, and by Feb18, we are going to be exactly where we are right now.

>Griselbrand
WOW
>Snapcaster
YAY
>Domri Rade
I... guess...
>Stoic Angel
No, no, stop, WTF are you doing?

im calling it

Even Griselbrand is barely worth more than the RRP of these packs, so really it's just one card out of four that's value, out of the ones they decided to show on the first day. And you know snappy will be a mythic.

>don't have domri
>can now buy him for next to nothing
I hope more cards no one uses gets printed this way
I love buying budget singles

Stoic is gonna be a rare chill. They put rares on the packages all the time.

I am fine with him becoming a dollar buy I am not fine with him taking 10 bucks to open.

New delver art would be sick.

Why do you even want Liliana you have Dormi Rade for all your jund needs!

Who the fuck are you quoting dipshit?

I'll go chinaman then

>like they did with fatal push uncommons

Please elaborate user.

>Stoic is gonna be a rare chill

Yeah, a one dollar rare out of a twelve dollar booster. That's fair. Looking forward to it actually.

the lorwyn 5 planeswalkers were rares because mythic rare wasn't a thing yet. It's a hard rule that all planeswalkers must be at mythic rare, no exceptions.

Not all rares or uncommons are printed equally.

Fatal push is somewhere between rare and uncommon.

Fatal Push is more rare than other uncommons. The number of cards on each sheet doesn't match exactly.

>Where were you when magic was kill?

They should fucking remove mythic from the game. It's killing the god damn game.

>domri rade
>stoic angel

Please, please kill the secondary market. Scummy game store owners can be content to run standard events or nothing at all. Their kikery hurts the game.

But user, mythic rarity allows more (((design space))) for cards. You don't expect us to print something as impactful as Lightning Runner at rare do you? Think about how unfun limited would be!

[citation needed]

Maro has stated in podcasts that they have messed with rarity frequency and look at past Rarities of the older sets. There were slots like U1 and U2.

They used to up an tell you how many times Uncommons were printed in 8 card expansions. Nowadays, you have to guess.

Simple geometry. Wizards prints cards on 11x11 sheets, we know this because we see uncut sheets like this. With the rarity breakdown for AER being what it was, there's one uncommon that's half as common as all the others - it only gets on the sheet half the time.

Normally the short-print card is a common (this caused concerns in INN limited because that short-print card was Evolving Wilds and made limited even more stressful than it was to begin with) but with the set being as it is, it's an uncommon that's short printed this set.

>0 IMPORTANT REPRINTS
now my chinamen fakes will raise in value.
Thanks wizards for doing my job so easily

Ni hao

Accept the chinamen as your surpeme overlords.

I thought the chinamen only dealt in huge 5000+ card orders.

STOP DESIGNING THIS SET FOR FUCKING LIMITED
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

You are wrong
Lurk Moar

That's just the lie they tell to justify horrible products.

If they really wanted to design for limited, they should make the Masters sets cheaper. There's no way I'm playing limited with $10 booster packs. It's fucked up.

I would guess that in a big Modern tournament like, 5-10% are playing some sort of fakes.

I know I am.

>using fakes to play memedern
>not GLORIOUS OVERLORD AND SAVIOR OF ULTIMATE SKILL Legacy

Actually this is because Innistrad is in so they want to bring the horror theme.

The horror of getting one of these in your rare slot.

>Playing a dead format

Seriously. It's basically not worth it.

That guy's teeth horrify me.

But user, is it truly dead if everyone brings their fakes?

It's truly dead because tho only ones who still play it are autist that cry because you got 2.5$ fakes while they wated thousands of dollars in "muh investments"

>There's no way I'm playing limited with $10 booster packs.

This. This right here. How the fuck do they expect anyone to believe their shitty excuse when the RRP is ten bucks and actual price is usually twelve or more? NOBODY DRAFTS MASTERS SETS. NOBODY. People crack them hoping to get value and that is the whole purpose of the set.

Fuck, I bet people would buy these sets the same amount if the packs only had the rare or mythic in them. One card packs. Just stop pretending, for fuck's sake.

Except not, because they're playing their own fakes.

If everyone is cheating, is anyone?

Legacy is a corpse. Modern is not dead yet. It's just in a stage 4 cancer state. All signs point to an announcement some time next year of Frontier replacing it, just like Modern replaced Extended. It is a question of when, not if.

keked

Legacy is a great format actually, as long as you can bypass the cost of entering it. Lots of viable decks and archetypes, lots of skill involved.

This.

>thread turns into legacy fags trying to get people to play their dead format

True.

I know this is ancedotal, but my LGS had Legacy fire off with 20 people on a Monday night. Standard event on Friday night had 15 people. Modern event next monday had 12 people.

Not saying it's indicative of a worldwide trend or anything, I'm just glad my store has a healthy Legacy meta.

this
>i..its for limited
no its not
>y..yeah we know
eat a dick
>but you could get a snap caster :^)
OH BOY
>get a draft rare
wait I thought this wasnt a set for drafting
>no it totally is
then why are the packs 10 dollars
>well...

spending $3,000 in game pieces in unjustifiable.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULFfZ_vMj9E

I said
>as long as you can bypass the cost of entering it

That guy should kill himself. he is the worst example of the cancer that kills magic

His channel is quite informative, despise he being one of the main reasons why MTG is so expensive, it's hard to hate Rudy.

>Legacy is a great format actually
reprint recruiter of the guard reeeeeee the white one isnt the same!

>Spot the painter player

The only reason it's dead is the cost of entry is absurd. But with based chinaman that's no longer a concern.

kek, check, and mate

You mean reprint Imperial Recruiter, I'm guessing. Recruiter of the Guard is the white one (It is good, just for different reasons and different decks. Imperial Recruiter is only expensive because it was in a criminally under-printed set)

Also I'd fucking love to see the Three Kingdoms cards reprinted. Bring Back Horsemanship, you fucks. Also Imperial Seal.

fug ur right

>L-legacy is a full skill format!! balanced!! you can buy chinamen fakes to play it
>Any mention of fakes on legacy general triggers all the autist
Legacyfags are the worst, they see their format die and kill anybody that tries to save it

I have no fucking idea what kind of autists you're talking to. Most of them are thankful to have people to play with as long as they're gud enough to handle it and not babbies that bitch and moan about force of will being degenerate

Since MM2k17 will be shit, where is the best chinaman available ?
I already bought some black core proxies but aside fetchlands, they were not that good.

BL cards are the best.

I remember stoneman used to have good quality, but he got too e-famous and the WotC legal team started targeting him, so I don't know where he went.

Griselbrand confirms no Damnation.

>user doesnt know about the mono red werewolves deck

He provides insight to a speculators' mind set.

He incorrectly thinks the lack of hype for MM17 is solely due to game stores not wanting to invest product because WotC has burned investors with surprise reprints or over printing. When in reality the lack of hype is due to how shit MM15 was and WotC lottery reprints as rares shifted to mythics or ghost rares has made the actual player base not give a shit anymore.

Players can go to an Eternal Masters draft to play a limited set that highlights eternal playable cards and only open uplayable jank for the eternal and draft environment.

If the player base doesn't want to buy then game stores won't buy either.

The only good modern masters set was the first one.

This is gonna be shit.

How can i buy from him?

youtube.com/channel/UCqYhqHaRlGJ5oYiP7pakVUw

I don't know why the fuck we're ever excited for this thing.

It's just fucking reprints. And it's never enough reprints because it's restricted supply. The fact that a land cycle is never reprinted in these fucking things is horrendous as they account for like 30% of what everyone wants if not needs.

If you consider that an Advance or Advance+ store's allocation doesn't even provide one playset of any given Mythic you gotta consider how fucking useful this product is.

It's not enough that they make this product. They also need to print a lot of it, put it up to 36 packs a box, reduce the price to regular booster prices, improve reprints, and print on-demand. They're never going to do all those things and they have to.

There's nobody at my store that I respect who buys this shit. It's literally only the infirm of mind who shells out for this. They don't even draft it; they just sit there and open it on Friday.

Don't fucking link that shit what the fuck is wrong with you. Do you want Wizards to comb the fucking archives and shut down the storefront AGAIN?

Alright, alright. Should just have told the guy to search it in aliexpress

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.
There are some color problems for a lot of cards.

WTF. When did that happen?

Sorry, I overreacted. Any lawyer worth their salt will be able to find the shit for themselves, but I'd rather not make it convenient for Veeky Forums to give them the latest places people are using just by asking. Because every time the store goes down it comes back up with new email addresses and new links and it's just a pain.

HAHAHAHA FUCKING STOIC ANGEL REPRINT

I have what cards I need, and for those I don't, I have fakes. Every time they print shit rares and mythics instead of something that people actually want, I crack up laughing. Stoic Angel? Domri Rad? Griselbrand? I'll give WotC the latter - cool art, cool character, powerful cards. But the design and development and marketing have grown so completely incompetent that I seriously hope Hearthstone continues to twist the knife in Magic's gut. I feel sorry for people that continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to prop up the (((salaries))) of people who make a shit product, and grow more embarrassed by the day of WotC employees for continuing to mismanage a great game.

Thoughts on this card?

>mismanage a great game

They are not, though. They want to get rid of Modern. They already admitted as much. Why would they come up with a set that would even give you hope. The message to Modern and Legacy players is loud and clear: Get out.