Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Stupid sexy Sailor Celestine and Greyfax and the Tale of "Armess Failore" Edition

Previous Heresy:
>Dank Dweekend Duncan

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Here's the list builder, but if you've actually bothered to read this far, ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another roster making program that may or may not be a broken piece of shit
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Soulburst now available at the vending machines)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Wrath of Magnus PDF(thanks to some user)
mediafire.com/?cmfmvrmjwcw1ljm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zob4jAGbpMM
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
walmart.com/search/?query=simple green
moddb.com/mods/echo-of-heresy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

r8 my list

First for the forgotten Duncan Dank

>youtube.com/watch?v=zob4jAGbpMM

American fags only, what do you guys use to strip resin model? Everywhere I go people just give British products, anyone have something that works for them and know where to buy it?

Greatest Imperial Guard regiment of all time.

Every 500-750 GK list on the planet/10

I know I posted this dood in wip already but having owned the fucked since 2015 I'm quite pleased to have finally gotten round to bringing him to a level of completion where I can actually use him.
Still got lots of minor parts to do but still.
Now to find someone who'll play against it

Simple Green.
Walmart.

you need to download additional pdfs
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

He's already got the hat, so he can't use the cold as an excuse for the peripheral vision blockingh collar.

>Go to Walmart
>"oh we don't carry simple green anymore"

Have you been able to get any from there for the past few months?

no matter what you use, try it with some leftover bits/part of sprue first

You don't need peripheral vision to fire your lasgun and advance straight ahead.

Looking at Dark Eldar.

Beastmaster unit says it must be composed of 1 to 12 models from a list. One of those things is the Khymera, which is 10 points.

There is also the Court of the Archon, which can be taken without an Archon and fills an HQ slot normally if you do so. It must be composed of 1 to 12 models, one of which is the Lhamaean for 10 points.

So I can take up to 8 units that are one model each for 80 points total and thus put up to 8 deep strikable units in reserve at the start of the match, right? And then just use those 8 models for sitting on objectives while I do stuff. Plus you don't need to get an actual HQ if you don't want one.

Is this really dumb or an okay idea?

Was meant for

>mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

BLFAG need to update it soon, epub isn't working 4 shit here

Show me those sexy models anons!!!
Any games planned too?

So best way to deal with thunderwolf calvary is s10 or loads of dakka what about wulfen?

pls8, no b8, no h8

>mfw people still say Taurox is ugly

If you can't get simple green, any sort of mild degreaser will work. As will iso alchohol.

theoretically you can
however i dont think they can deepstrike
you need one fast attack slot per kyhmera and one HQ per lhamaean
they die very easily

Is there any way to make hellions work?
Two 75 point squads of 6 with leader?
Making it 85 points with a stun claw, 10 points to give the leader +1 attack and ID in challenges, I could see some big shot HQ rolling a 1 for their save.

Looks like an MRAP. Super cool actually, and this from a Taurox hater.

walmart.com/search/?query=simple green

Did you paint this, user?
It looks bretty gud

I use rubbing alcohol.

- Faster
- Stronger
- Cheaper
- More readily available

Only downside is you can't soak them for days, especially not resin.

Lots of strength 8 dakka.

What faction 'chu playin' senpai?

wow, thanx m8

yes, its something I've been working on since last summer and today I finally decided to add the gubbins it was missing

I didn't mean deep striking the dogs or HQs, I meant since you are required to have half of your units that CAN start on the board start on the board, you could use this to get more deep strikable units to start in reserve.

Basically you pay 80 points and then can have up to 8 venoms/raiders start in reserve, plus any aircraft.

The Dark Eldar detachment also has 2 HQ and 6 fast attack slots, with one of each being required, so there are enough slots. It would also only take 90 points (1 HQ 2 40pt troops choices) to start a new CAD if you needed to, which could put venoms on the warriors. 100 pts to start a new DEldar detachment due to the FA requirement.

>Is there any way to make hellions work?
no
too expensive, shit save not fast enough, too little firepower no real melee damage

I want the Sailor Celestine fag to leave. It was cute at first but quickly became cancer.

10 pt hqs have been a dark eldar tactic for a while. I myself run a double cad with one archon and one lhamia (who sits in reserves so the enemy doesn't get first blood)

Should have a game against a Tau friend this week at 500 points. We're going for a campaign style thing and slowly building up points.

Last week I managed to take out his scouts in a kill team game. Got pretty lucky with the Leadership on my units after he picked off most of my Synapse.

Ye boi, playing a 3 round tournament on sunday. Capture the relic mission from the rulebook. Kinda a refresher/newbies tournament
1000 points. I'm fielding Kharn + Berzerker blob + spawn to fulfill aux requirement in World Eaters detachment

As far as models go, is mine

thats possible but extremly dangerous as a few bad reserve rolls will fuck you up big time due to having too little on the board

Thanks user I know how google works, they don't carry it in store and if I wanted to order it I'd order some black magic British people swear by like dettol

>exhaust still leads directly through the crew compartment
>the volley gun is still in a completely retarded place
I give it a 6/10. Good starting point for those who want to make the Taurox cool. I was going to say 7 but you get -1 for undrilled HB barrels

I've got my weekly session with friends this Saturday. I anticipate playing against Tau with my Blood Angels..

I guess the Duncan was a dream to grand to be realized.

The rules wiki is totally fucking sweet, though. I don't like using e-mail, though. Does Admin user read tg?

>ttps://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQG
It's a little light, but I may add this to the next copypasta.

There isn't any limit on how many units you can put into reserve.

How long would you recommend? What about dilution?

>I meant since you are required to have half of your units that CAN start on the board start on the board
That's not a rule, just common sense.

Reserves are very unreliable and don't contribute to the battle so you want as few units as possible in reserve.

meant to quote this user.

How can a person just wake up one day and say to themselves "yeah, I want to be a craftworld player."?

What kind of abuse have these people been through?

Unless they are garunteed to come in, you have reserve manipulation, or you don't care about them trickling in

Well shit, I was told otherwise by my friends.

I guess I don't need to do this bullshit unless I just want dogs sitting on points then.

I used 70% as it was very cheap, and comes in larger bottles. To remove a "I fucked up" paintjob, I immediately tossed it in undiluted shallow tub, and paint washed off within seconds. 5 minutes and a very lazy toothbrush scrub and it was off.

For dried and cured paint, I soaked FW resin for 1 hour. This was too long. Toothbrush scrubbed everything off, however, the resin was very, very slightly soft and "gummy". Like 95% of the inner core was still hard resin, but the top 5% surface felt slightly like a very hard eraser. I left it alone and it hardened up after 1-2 weeks. No damage.

I have not used my 91% bottle yet, but I imagine you should not soak resin for more than 15 minutes. You can probably soak plastic much longer and it won't get "gummy" because it is polystyrene and not resin. I do not know how Finecast fairs, but I've seen people strip FInecast and get permanently floppy swords so beware.

Diluting it will allow you to soak longer, but iso is so strong and fast there's no real need.

I'd love to build this model on a robot hoover just for giggles.

Not even as a 65 point distraction squad to soak up overwatch?

I suppose, for 3 extra points I may as well take jinking reavers...

Reposting my painted tau army

Taurox on wheels is pretty decent, since then it looks like the MRAPs and humvees it's based on. Most of why it looks retarded is that the treads make it look tall to a silly degree, and look like it'd handle like a dead pig on an icerink.
If I had the money to burn, I'd buy a kit just to see if trimming the middle out of the track units and maybe lengthening them would unfuck the profile.

You could possibly make the default treads look good if you deliberately dressed it up as kitted out for use in snowfields since that's actually how they do it, occasionally with the front ones as steerable skis instead.

Also, that looks like a pretty nice paintjob there dude.

Anons is it a good idea to swap out the CSM bolters for CCWs if they have MoK and Icon of Wrath?

Legion is Word Bearers.

Guess I should mention I meant finecast

I lived to see a Veeky Forums Hipster saying

>i thought it was cool before it became memey

Salamanders
I got a guy I'm playing on Wednesday that's gonna for sure bring a storm fang some calvary and some wulfen

Rubbing alcohol, Simple Green, and Dettol all ruin Finecast.

Flameblade strike force gets you wounding on 3+ rerolling Heavy Flamers, wounding on 4+ rerolling Flamers against his TWC.

Heavy Flamers can force lots of saves on TH/SS Wulfen, especially in overwatch.

>close range flamer army vs the best melee army in the game

Take shitloads of melta for the wulfin

My first paint
no hate pls
(gun is not painted since i dont know what colour should i pick)

>Hating on Sailor Moon and Celestine
you need to leave

This user posted it already

Super Clean oil degreaser. Used on my Inquisitor and buddies just fine.

All these tanks. I miss old tau.

Well then what should I use?

Good job. Just add a few highlights and it's GD quality.

That's pretty clean for your first model ever. But if I can give honest one piece of advice, it would be to thin your paints.

Skyray is still the best AA option in the codex and Hammerheads are good against anything short of an MC.

is that a razorshark?
we should keep the picture and name it there are gud tau players, guys

Probably Fairy Power Spray (which is UK I think) or LA Totally Awesome.

Vindicators.
Melta spam for the wulfen, grav spam for thunder wolves.
Dreadnoughts with heavy flamers, maybe an iron clad.

If he's spending a shitload of points on his top tier melee troops he should hopefully not have much ranged AT, they'll smash up your dreads in combat but not before you get to swing. If you're lucky they can ID lots of yiffs before they go down.

Still painting

Getting time to game is tough

if you have any idea how to get them into close combat for a reasonable price, then yes.
i dont

when the ruskies are creating better W40k mods than cylarne's Ultimate Circlejerk

>moddb.com/mods/echo-of-heresy

The whole thing is magnetized so that I can field it as a sunshark or razorshark

I still maintain that the Taurox design works so much better as an Ork vehicle. All the retarded design decisions then make perfect sense.

Can't see shit, cap'n.

Find the macro mode on your camera and get a better light.

Looks like you need to thin your paints more even though the application is sharp enough, comparing with the gun detail to try and account for the camera blurriness.

looks sexy af user, tbqh

you wanna play me? (Games Workshop, Glendale California (los angeles))

Looks pretty, if I didn't paint like a blind man I'd say I'd aspire to paint that.

He may have posted it first in this thread, but I was the one who first added it to the OP. I'm trying to weigh its reception to determine if it is worthy of continuation.

You misinterpret "cute" as meaning "cool, or "I was down with it" when in fact I meant "it was bearable considering this general also plays host to shitposters like themesongfag and cheetahfag". Make no mistake, it was always memery.

Holy fucking shit. How did he make those runes glow like that :o!?

I only find that worth doing if they are black legion in a hounds of abbadon formation

So much free shit and a once per game run then charge (with crusader)

its me or Veeky Forums decided to hate Ultimate Apocalypse over the last few months?

Got any clearer pics or closeups on smaller groups of models? It's a kinda small/blurry there.

Looks good for what I can see, though.

>All the retarded design decisions then make perfect sense.

I think it's just a side effect of the designers attempting to make a vehicle look like an MRAP, without actually understanding HOW an MRAP works from a design perspective.

To be fair, this is an extremely common problem in all gaming communities, not just 40K, so I don't hold it against them much, especially given how it can easily be converted to be "less bad"

drybrush

Sorry bro

Australia here

multiple layers of blue that slowly get lighter + painting the middle with white

My dark eldar vs tau.

My talos tore up his riptide and reavers ran over his ghost keel, ended up tabling him turn 5.
My scourges furiously banging on the rear armour of a devil fish after it wouldn't stop jinking.

Sorry, not right now and my models are already packed up as I'm moving next week. I'll get to it when I have time.

Nice. You should totally drill your bolter barrels though.

Oh, okay. This is my current list I'm building towards, what do you think?

1500 Word Bearers

HQ
-Daemon Prince of Khorne, 160
+Wings, 40
+Power Armor, 20
+Gift of Mutation, 10
+Axe of Blind Fury, 35
Total, 265

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 75
+2 Meltaguns, 20
+Lightning Claw, 15
+9 CCW, 18
+5 CSM, 65
+Gift of Mutation, 10
+Mark of Khorne, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
+Veterans of the Long War, free
Total, 243 (486)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Dirge Caster, 5
+Havoc Launcher, 12
Total, 57 (114)

Fast Attack
-Raptors, 95
+5 Raptors, 85
+2 Meltaguns, 20
+Lightning Claw, 15
+Gift of Mutation, 10
+Mark of Khorne, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 15
+Veterans of the Long War, free
Total, 260

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiends, 125 (375)

Total: 1500

Sure thing.
I have no idea how am i supposed to thin my paints, I guess it's time to learn it.
See? That's the problem, i had to paint it all using a fucking flashlight because my desk lamp broke.
The light you can see on the model is from said flashlight.

So, what kind of colour would fit super dark purple+gehenna's gold?

In the same theme

Thanks user, forgot to do him as he was the only bolter in the squad

dip your brush in water and mix it with the paint on your palette

>My talos tore up his riptide
how the hell did he manage to be caught by a model that is slower and does not have a jetpack either?

>RU only
Fuck that then. Besides FoK is arguably superior to UA if you are looking for balanced gameplay. UA is just completely over the top as shit, exactly as 40k should be.

Veeky Forums hates anything popular, though it's true it's a massive fucking circlejerk hugbox over there. There's a lot of stupid shit in that mod I'd cut out but can't because someone worked real hard on it. I mean they have two Riptide models in the game for fuck's sake, and one is shit.

>with a flashlight
Wat

M8 just turn on the light in your room.

Also, watch Warhammer TV's painting guides, Duncan is great.

I feel you have spent too many points in upgrades

Also I think you need a sorcerer for the sweet 3+ Summoning