IT'S DEAAAAAD

IT'S DEAAAAAD

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It barely slows the main deck down.

Isn't blue reserved for ritual monsters?

What is this shit?

New core game rules to reduce extra deck monster spam.

Translation please

Guy at Konami 1: Lets kill extra deck spam and get them to buy new cards. They'll thank us.
Guy at Konami 2: I got another idea. Lets kill every other deck that uses the extra deck too to force even more people to buy new cards.
Everyone: Genius! Do it!

You still haven't explained what this new mechanic is.

Most people buy new cards on the regular. You'll probably get a few link monsters just from buying a booster pack or something. And if you aren't buying new cards, then why should Konami give two shits what you think? They already have your money from the cards you got before, and if you didn't plan to get any more, then it's clear that they have no real loss here.

Also, maybe I'm biased because I main Infernoids and thus, don't really interact with the Extra Deck, but it sounds like this will just force people to make decks that are less entirely dependent on the extra deck.

Note that this does not mean I think these cards will be good. or good for the game. While the theory for slowing down the absurd pace of the OTK meta is sound, I am pretty sure that people will find a way to just spam summon Link Monsters after the first two or three sets.

Who knows what will come out in a year. For all we know Konami will make a bunch of great decks that only use 1 monster from the Extra deck at a time.

OK So the now there are only two slots you can summon monsters from the extra deck into(blu slots in OP). There are also a new type of monster with arrows on them that turn the slots the arrows point to into "extra spaces".(see blue creature in OP)

Link Monsters and the addition of an Extra Monster Zone in an attempt to deal with Extra Deck spam. Also Pendulum Zones are now integrated into the Spell / Trap Zones

ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Or they will make some bullshit cards that turn them into Tuners (and naturally give them Levels)

>wasting your money and buying packs
>ever
>not just buying singles
People still do this?

yugioh has 3 major problems, as I see it
1. The meta is so combo oriented and so fast, spells and traps are basically irrelevant unless they're floodgates
2. There's nothing stopping powerful extra deck monsters from being overpowered thanks to those combos
3. Main deck strategies are basically overlooked, or are secondary to the extra deck strategies in the deck

Link Summoning and the new rules fixes all of these problems. The game is slowed enough that main deck-based strategies are somewhat viable, combos are slowed by the way you have to integrate Link monsters into them, and spells and traps that deal with monsters are useful because they can deny extra deck spots to your opponent.

>Only one Extra deck zone
>Pendulums are now on the main field and can only be in certain spots

Will column destruction decks be good now?

Nah. Anything that slows it down is good- the game used to be a LOT slower and this definitely appeals to the older players. Besides, if the game died every time they added a new monster type, we wouldn't have to deal with Synchros and XYZ monsters to begin with.

>tfw always been a syncrho fag
>already had to deal with being obsolete as shit since the second set of Zexal came out
>then they just straight up invalidate the mechanic.

>Synchro
>Obsolete
I'm sorry, are you retarded?

Since Arc-V the only good synchro we've gotten was the PSY-Framelord Omega and maybe Clear Wing. Recently the meta just shits all over synchro based decks, and everything has gotten some grand time in the limelight, even fusions, even tribute summon, even RITUALS, while Synchros have not.

>Recently the meta just shits all over synchro based decks
>what is DDD

To be fair, DDD is basically every summon type. But Blue-Eyes has been top tier for a while and damn if they don't Synchro

It's actually 2 zones, as the zones are communal

When were the rules updated again? I want to see /dng/ reaction but am not sure how far back to go.

Better put on your 3d glasses bitch we in OJAMA country now!

Wait if the arrow points to your opponents zone will they be able to SS?

>no protection.

Yes

Even Konami forgot those existed.

So is each player restricted to one Extra Monster Zone each and simply choose which one they summon it into?

So whoever goes first can't just cockblock the other player by summoning two Extra Deck monsters?

That's right.

I'm ok with having to 'unlock' your extra deck zones via monsters but I'm not a fan of first person to get them wins - coz that's how I see it going

How so?

It only kills r4nk spam and the few poorly built decks that rely on recycling 3+ extra deck mons.

>buh, muh fusions?!
Fusions were only ever supposed to be once in a while boss mons, your teddybears were never cute.

reminder that from what we've seen so far your opponent summoning link monsters gives you spaces too, so you can just coast off of their spaces

any deck that needs more than two extra deck monsters summoned at once is cancer anyway

Not unless blasting fuse gets erattad to specify 5 zones instead of 4. Storm shooter might make a small comeback... Could work as pendulum control iif they weren't already murdered by the rule change.
2 zones specifically located in the second and 4th columns, and they only remain communal until someone summons.

>opponent summoning link monsters gives you spaces too
l
Only if they're stupid enough to run links pointing in the opposite directions

>basic predaplant opener of Rafflesia + Dante is dead

My petdeck wasn't even that good before, Konami.

As it stands there's little reason to just not run Extra Deck at all and go Monarchs or Kozmos.

I doubt you're here any more but to spark discussion

Wouldn't it just be combos to link monsters? You know 'this card lets me summon X to get a link card thus summoning Y who lets me draw Z for another link card' etc etc

Be interesting to know if you can over write the other players zones as your own

I quite enjoy the extra deck too, sure OTKs can be annoying but I'm a synchro player and I enjoy using lower levelled monsters in a main deck to summon extra deck monsters, it's half the fun
I appreciate what the dude said earlier about feeling like synchro is shit on - losing monster spaces hinders summoning a fair amount - at least right now I feel it does

>tfw haven't played since wind-ups

I'm glad it's over

or BLS, Shinobird, Nekroz, or geshiki

Each player has 5 main monster zones and a maximum of 1 extra monster zone. Main monster zones pointed at by the link markers of link monsters can be used to summon extra deck monsters.

The new rules add one monster zone, they don't take away any

You dont need protection if your opponent cant play anything

>what are s/t?

>what are s/t?
Things he can play to protect his monster.