Pokemon TCG

Anons, my Little Mes have expressed interest in playing the Pokemon tcg after a trip to the LCG where the owner gave 'em each a booster for not being little shits. The trouble is, I know nothing about card games beyond casually playing Netrunner.

Where do I turn to get started? The Theme decks? The 30-card half-deck starters?

What's a good methodology for building simple decks? I see a box that has Snorlax. I want a Snorlax deck. How do I be the very best like no one ever was and ensure my kids have a good time?

Pokemon TCG thread go.

Pokemon card thread is in Pokemon /vp/

I'm sure there are some tips you can learn here, user, but you may have better luck there

Fuark, I had that game, played the shit out of it

Pokemon the card game the video game YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH fucking Ronald.

Loved that game! So glad it got rereleased on the eshop.

Why would pokemon cards be in vp instead of tg?

As far as getting into OP, it kinda depends. If you just want the kiddos to learn how to play, I think the 30-card decks have a play example in it that'll walk them through it.

Theme decks are still the best way to get into the game, as they're legal.

If you're wanting to be the very best though (read as: play competitively), you're probably better off finding a deck list you like and buying singles to make it, to be honest.

Legendary Zapdos OP

>mfw playing that as an adult
>mfw slowly piecing together how obscene base set pokemon is
>computer search into blastoise into breeder into blastoise
>attach any energy I have due to pokepower
>oak
>draw a fresh 7 and have giant blastoise on field

There's a free online version, try that. As for learning, don't worry, it's pretty simple. I used to love that game, but after playing Magic, I couldn't go back to it anymore because it lacks depth.

you were able to do that in standard a few years ago too, but computer search was limited to 1 and you can only play one oak per turn

>Why would pokemon cards be in vp instead of tg?
Because /vp/ is the pokemon board, and you're asking about the POKEMON TCG?

All Pokemon stuff, no matter what kind of Pokemon stuff, is to be on the Pokemon board.

The game is still obscene, but in new exciting ways.

TCGs are Veeky Forums material, and there is absolutely no way around that. Kindly kill yourself in the most painful and ignominious fashion available to your obviously limited means and intelligence.

You should ask about the pokémon anime thread, then.

>the owner gave 'em each a booster for not being little shits.
The man's a fucking genius.

You just need to buy a deck box per player. Everything is in them.

The three Sun and Moon ones are all really good and balanced quite well against eachother. Gears of Fire and Iron Tide are my Go To's.

If you give them a good understanding of the game they'll know that Decks are all they need and they won't blow big money on boosters like I did as a kid.

Pokemon TCG Online is amazing and it's easily were you should start. You might even be able to sate your kids appetite for it completely on there. It would be nice to play with physical cards though.
I gave it a go to finally actually learn how to play Pokemon cards (had hundreds) during the Pokemon Go craze and still play most days it's so easy and fun.

/vp/ is the worst.

I would much rather discuss the Pokémon tcg here.

I'm going to spoil something for you right now, the kids'll probably never actually play the game. They're probably just going to collect them and shit.
It's what I did at that age anyway. Still a lot of fun though.

Yeah, but the /TCG/TCGO/ thread is bretty good, they usually give free shit too.

yea but your Dad never asked the internet how to play. He just gave you shit for wasting his money.

Fuck it I had fun.

They have released a lot more games like this in early years like konami with Yugioh in ds,ps, etc

Try discussing horse tcg here, then. Same deal.

don't be so damn argumentative. /vp/ has a 24/7 tcg thread up. you'll get much better advice from people who play regularly in it than on Veeky Forums who's pretty much magic only.

He's a total brotier businessman. And thanks, I'll check the online game out this evening.

Since the kids enjoy SuMo, looks like we'll be going that route.

This is entirely possible, but that's okay if they're just collectors. Collecting cards can be just as much a family event as playing the cards.

The /vp/ thread did have some good deck building advice if we stick with the game. But Veeky Forums is my home, other places are scary. Do not challenge my latent xenophobia.

huh
Didn't know we had a Pokemon-only board. That kinda snuck by me. Still, I feel like the tcg should still be fair game. We have pokemon tabletop threads on tg all the time.