Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

About to leave for work then notice there is no general up, edition / brooding God King edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Stale bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/ewde5wr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder

Stop playing age of sigmar

STOP

What are pistoliers for, /AOSG/?

>Age of Shitmar

lol

When are Greenskinz getting an update? They seem so inferior to Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz, what's the point?

I'm starting to consider getting a unit of double hammer liberators

Because reasons

I approve of your idea, user. Why settle for smiting one heretic at a time when you can smite TWO?

Settra refers to himself in the third-person though.

Building a freeguild army right now and I guess you could use them for moving quickly across the board to seize objectives.

I am so salty the only freeguild battalion requires literally every unit in their list because I want to run an army that's pure handgunners, swordsmen and greatswords with knight and arty support

>Tfw keeping the Empire pure by purging Stormcast mutants

They look cool, but to be honest, liberators really aren't good for anything but soaking charges and tarpitting, even with double hammers. Shields make them better at their battlefield role.

At least that's been my experience

But the battalion is worth it. Freeguild looks shit when you read their warscrolls, but they shine with the battalion benefits and leader buffs.

I know, and they're an army that rewards careful planning and synergising buffs in a way that really appeals to me, but that's kinda what I mean. You used to get pretty much the same benefits from the State Troop Detachment in the empire legacy list, if I recall correctly. That only required you to take infantry, with pistoliers and outriders as an optional elite slot.

I've actually been considering the same.
Well, strictly speaking I am considering a unit of five Liberators with dual hatchets I have left over from my Hunters. That'd give me a third unit of Liberators for battalion purposes in addition to the 10 sword/shield and 10 hammer/shield Liberators I already own.

Which is the best?

1:
Oldblod on carnosaur
Slan
5x Temple guard
5x temple guard
Engine of the gods

2:
Warden
Engine of the gods
Skink priest
5x temple guard
5x t g
5x t g
5x chameleon skinks

3:

Engine of the gods
Skink priest
10x temple guard
30x skinks blowpipe
5x chameleon skinks
Salamander + skinks

>waac lizard player
>going over in points
typical

Does moving fast across the board even matter in the grand scheme of scenarios?

Hell yes it does! The GHB scenarios are centered around objectives, and being able to cap them when able and at the best opportunities is what a skilled players knows to do, and fast units help with that.

This one:
Skink Priest w/ priestly trappings
Eternity Warden
10x Temple Guard
10x Temple Guard
10x Temple Guard
10x Skinks
Eternal Starhost
Enjoy your 30 models with 2+, rerollable, rend ignoring save and D3 damage halberds.

Disgusting.

Will the rules mega ever return?

This thread belongs to Hashut

>I am incapable of looking in the pastebin for 3 other Megas

Can't decide between Nurgle or Stormcast converted into the black knights from dark souls using dark eldar kabalite heads.

Think those heads might be too small. Got a load of fantasy dark elf helmets which are pretty much identical atm and they look fairly tiny even on my empire human models.

just use the state troop detachment battallion.

None of the megas have the grand alliance pdfs

Because they don't exist. Grand Alliance books were paper only.

How new are you?

No scans?

What a pain in the ass

They are literally just collection of warscrolls that are on the website/app. Plus a few battallions.

>Plus a few battallions.

That's what I need

Is there anywhere I can find them without buying.

Get them in the app. Nobody will scan them for you

Is the grand alliance PDF begging in the bingo? Because I think it should be, with how often we get it

The app is fucking garbage

I'm sorry you have terrible taste.

Okay then I'll not screencap the garbage at a high resolution...

>The app wants my money for something I want, but I don't want to give it any money, therefore it's fucking garbage

>pay $2 for the battalion
>Literally a renamed version of a free battalion but with more tax units

fantastic

Guys, tell me of your Hinterland warbands, doesn't matter if real or only planned.

Aside from the freeguild one, they are all new.

My hinterlands warband is called Scyish Hunting Party, and it's a beastmen warband.
The beastlord leading the warband died early on, making a Bestigor "Scyish" the new leader. Besides him, there are 3 other bestigors, 6 Gors and a single Ungor raider.

Or you could just add it to the frigging' resources page.

I just played one today. I had:
1 Rotbringer sorcerer
1 Putrid blightking
3 chaos warriors with Mark of Nurgle, swords and shields, one Hornblower
1 chaos marauder with Mark of Nurgle, axe and shield

My opponent had mixed destruction. An ogor and some greenskins

The game was great fun. Very quick and exciting. However he got more tokens because the destruction battle trait is way overpowered. It never says you can't get that free move and your regular move with your run, so he was zipping around the table and getting half the tokens off before I could even charge anything

I really like it, but the battle traits need to be altered. The chaos one is garbage (dealing 1 mw to yourself is a huge fucking deal at this scale, and it can only be used on a hero, not even your general), the destruction one is really too good (on our second game we ruled out only provides a D3" move). The order one seems reasonable, but I haven't played with the death one

>Aside from the freeguild one

Some faggots get salty about using legacy stuff that's been superceded by new releases though. My stance is that it'll stop being valid when they take it off the app.

Fuck that im using Karl Franz until GW goes under

long live the emperor

Also Freeguild Regiment is 100 points whereas State Troop Detachment + Knightly Order is 200 total. Paying 100 extra points for a little bit more flexibility is a trade-off I'm not entirely sure about.

MY LAD

proudly got his name smeared all over my freeguild army's armour and scrollwork

So is the Empire or Freeguild or whatever they're called now still just the Stormcasts' bitches or what?

More like the Stormcasts are their bitches because they're the people who Sigmar forged them to fight and die for.

The Freeguilds are the armies of the free peoples of humanity who take up arms without the boons and blessings of a god and take the fight to Chaos with faith, steel and gunpowder.

Pretty fucking dope if you ask me.

So are they going to re-release empire as free peoples?

Technically they haven't re-released shit, they're still selling a bunch of old Empire stuff under the Freeguild name on the website.

I'm hoping we'll get new models and box sets eventually though, even if it means stepping away from the OG renaissance aesthetic I love so much. The fact that the Disciples of Tzeentch releases and tie-in literature have spent some time fleshing out the free cities of Order suggests we might be in luck.

Yeah I noticed the issue im having is that 3rd party shops don't sell the freeguild stuff.

My FLGS has some Empire stuff and it's not even old stock because they only opened last year. Comparatively when I've asked in my local GW they've tended to tell me that it's website-only stuff. Guess it just depends where you're at.

Honestly pal you're at no disadvantage if your LGS doesn't sell them, you can probably make killer savings online. I just try and get my models from my local joint where possible on principle because I want to support it.

SKAVEN GET OUT OF MY FUCKING REALM

the future belongs to rats yes-yes

strawpoll.com/ewde5wr

Yes, anyone who says otherwise is deluding himself into thinking they aren't the imperial guard to the stormcast marines

Your problem there is assuming the Imperial Guard aren't infinitely more interesting than any loyalist marines, friend :^ )

Can you guys please fuck off from Chaos?

t. Cultist

I'm not assuming anything of the like there.

But isn't caping less important then actualy holding them ? Who cares if your first on the objectives if at the end of turn 3 your opponent is the one that holds them.

Because in 4 missions the objectives give points every turn instead of just at the end of the game and in the other 2 you instantly win if you controll all the objectives.

yeah but no one plays the missions with the per turn VP, because those would be automaticly won by sides that have fastest moving units or teleportation.

So you basically only play Take and Hold?

I miss Slaanesh.

Well I probably could want to play something else, but take and hold with 2-3-5 objectives is what is played in tournaments here. So everyone plays only that.

I am always surprised by the idiocy of people. Literally every one of the GHB matched play scenarios are extremely good and favour a balanced approach to list building and people just ignore them outright.

anyone got some interesting Ironjawz colour schemes for me to steal?

cannot stand the bright yellow armour with zero wear and tear or dullness to it

Reminder that Fyreslayers is the best shooting army, because literally every single model has a ranged attack.

>strawpoll.com/ewde5wr

High elves and wood elves literally not even an option in the poll.

Please kill yourself.

Liberating the mortal realms by purifying them of all the corrupting inferior races. With lightning and Eagle wing symbolism on everything.

seriously we aren't the Fourth Reich at all

19.3% of all people who play the game play elves. More than any other faction by a mile, not even close. Yet no Elves in AOS.

Reposting for bitterness

God you Elf-fags are the worst, I would rather have Carnac Archeon posting then deal with your whinging every thread

STFU stormbro go suck sigmars cock

That's only because Evles were overpowered in WHFB and everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

And now that they are shit as they deserve all of them just whine about it.

source on those stats?

And stop acting like Elves have been removed from the game or some shit. Elf fags are the fcking worst and I collect elves.

>That's only because Evles were overpowered in WHFB and everybody jumped on the bandwagon. And now that they are shit as they deserve all of them just whine about it.

says the faggot who loves hairy midget men

>source on those stats?
some user in the last thread but they serve my purpose of advocating for elves releases so I co-opted them and cleaned them up for re-use.

>And stop acting like Elves have been removed from the game or some shit.

Oh I buy paint and play them currently but I want new toys I am not alone in this

>Elf fags are the fcking worst
no storm-bros are the worst

Sorry dude, I think you are projecting your love for men. Some of us like women you know?

>Some of us like women you know?
you like plant mutants

some of like actual women

if that is a woman, then I am an olympic level swimmer.

Thick.

>no storm-bros are the worst
We are? Why?

>Anorexic bitch with disproportionate tits and a face that seems she is just coming from a week of partying and now has the mother of all hangover and the worst hairdo ever
>actual woman

I want to put those pics near each other with the caption "this is you on WHFB".

Ah so the statistics are bullshit and so is your whole argument by that extend.

What have you got elfwise? Currently in a bit of a jam if I should try to start monolist corsairs or order serpentis. Corsairs lack interesting characters but I really despise the black dragon miniature. I also have some Darkling coven miniatures (2 boxes + sorc) but I dont want to do another footslogging army like my skaven.

because they are like space marines from looks to actual mechanics, and there is nothing worse in table top gaming, including other systems , then a space marine. And clone of something bad can only be bad.

I like Stormfront Eternals, they come down on lightning and smite the swarthy barbarian hordes.

Mine have a cool double lightning bolt rune insignia.

>Anorexic bitch with disproportionate tits and a face that seems she is just coming from a week of partying and now has the mother of all hangover and the worst hairdo ever
that's what the narrative going on with nurgle expected her to look like in AoS at that moment, yes.

>Ah so the statistics are bullshit and so is your whole argument by that extend

in so much as you or I can trust the statistics provided by the user from the previous thread then my copy of them can also be trusted. He had no motive to lie and neither do I.

>What have you got elf wise?
I have 30 darkshards,
30 dreadspears,
20 cold one knights,
10 dark riders,
30 witch elves,
1 cauldron of blood,
1 cold one chariot
10 doomfire warlocks
1 assassin
10 sisters of slaughter
20 glade guard
1 Shadow King
5 sisters of the thorn
10 sisters of avelorn
1 handmaiden of the everqueen
1 Alarielle the everqueen
1 high elf mage on foot
1 high elf lord on dragon
1 dark elf lord on dragon
1 dark elf lord on manticore
1 high elf prince on griffon

>monolist corsairs or order serpentis
the mini-factions are traps don't stick to either unless you want to lose every game you play. Its not all about winning but its also not fun to never even have a chance.

I have posted my un-defeated elf list that combines units from all the elf factions in previous threads but no one believes me that it is any good and I don't care anyways cause I don't want it nerfed like tomb kings.

shit also 20 Phoenix Guard and
20 executioners

Im probably forgetting some other shit too

also its all painted

>mfw vanguard chamber from the stormfront of the city aeternal

also
1 lore master and
3 Tenebrael shards

Settra, is that you?

OUTTA MY WAY ORDER FUCKING SHITS

wow, I thought way more Sylvaneth

Stop posting this meme, Atleast until you've made a Reich army.