/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 9 (1d26)

Scanon Ascendant edition
Still trying to homebrew out of Inferno's shittyness subedition

What happened last thread? We had some well-painted models, /hhg/ now officially thinks that Raven Guard shouldn't be in MkVI, we had a lot of ship talking and Battlefleet Gothicking, then Macragge's Honour was discussed (but not how inferior it is to the Phalanx which I'll take the opportunity to point out now). Custodians where discussed (again) and a bunch of newfags flooded the thread with all sorts of questions and the Emperor should get an Emperor phase to Himself.

>SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Perturabo-Primarch-of-the-Iron-Warriors
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

0th for previous thread

The only way to keep a footslogging Leviathan alive is to flood the field with groundbound heavily armored targets. You aren't doing that. Give it a drop pod.

It also looks like you're taking an allied detachment just to get Vultaraxes. I wouldn't bother with the allies at all. Just take two Fire Raptors.

You forgot Peturabo's Broadsword.

Wait I was only complaining about Inferno. Did we actually find a scanon?

Also tfw you finally see BFG in a real discussion, but then one guy thinks one of the largest Gloriana class battleships only has 15 damage points.

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE NAME

Who was the most autistic primarch?

I second that the Emperor should get an Emperor phase. Or altleast the fanboy in me says so. Which to be fair is most of me.

Lots of kindness for a bunch of autistic anons.

Third for Emperor phase.
Presumably a *Teleports behind you / Nothing personal* phase, which is how He fights.

Newfag here. Is there something wrong with my name? Or are we not supposed to mention "those people" just like Chaos S-p-a-w-n?

What should it consist of?

If you take off the name will you die?

I should imagine it would be extremely painful.

Well I don't intend to find out :)

Like I dunno? Super Acts of Faith?

He's someone big

For no one.

Someone name themselves No One and we can be friends.

Was namefagging part of your plan?

Is there some kind of stigma around namefagging

you deserve decimation

>being this new

Are you the new AWG?

Sometimes I wish I could hate people to death.

No it's a legit question, I did say prior I was a newfag.

REQUESTING full image of the model in OP's image

No, just being a faggot. Just happens to be that all namefags are faggots.

Scyllax squads are a meme
Even with Enhanced mechadentrite arrays, Rad Furnaces, Move Through cover and Fearless, they simply don't do enough damage and are too expensive for being a tarpit unit (a terminator is cheaper), not to mention they lack an assault transport and Hoplites are now a thing.

The only thing I can think for them would be a flamer/rotor cannon fire support unit, which sounds kind of silly since that'd make them even more expensive.

Then there's the Thallax, whose dakka is a meme, melee is meh (can't Sweep) and agile meltabombs have been FAQed away.

Help on filling Reductor's troop choices, plz?

Am I a faggot?
...thanks for a actual non autistic answer btw

Some are classy faggots though. Like Al, Uni, RGBro and Scanon.

You fucking retard.
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Perturabo-Primarch-of-the-Iron-Warriors

Scanon isn't a namefag.

>Calls him retard
>Gets him the pic anyway
Such a nice guy lol

Original Scanon got himself a portable scanner.

I think those of us who don't want 20 damage point Glorianas:
a) think they're over-the-top large in the new fluff
b) will hardly ever play a game large enough for a >15 DP ship to be reasonably balanced
c) are leaving room for Abyss-class ships, with their stupid prow-mounted book cannon

Thanks friendos

You're using a name on a site where anonimity is the entire point.
Chaos Spawn are decent now, you can mention them now. The meme is dead.

All the boards will be your enemy, Namefag with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.

The original BFG was not balanced for excessively large ships. The biggest "ship" the Planet Killer was specified to not be used in normal games. Making the hp less is not the solution - applying a restriction to the ship class itself is. If you don't want a giant indestructible ship.... don't play the class that exists as a fleet destroying ship?

Your welcome :^)

Didn't they have rules for a (small) craftworld in some book or publication? I think that thing had like 30 damage points.

So the ship should cost as much as an entire fleet?

>But first they have to catch me
I might change my name to "Namefag with a Thousand Enemies"

I know, but naming myself something equally non-descript but glaringly identifiable was amusing.

That and I hate anonymity. It let's people be absolute twits to people with no repercussion.

>I know, but naming myself something equally non-descript but glaringly identifiable was amusing.
kys
>That and I hate anonymity. It let's people be absolute twits to people with no repercussion.
THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE

In a homebrew magazine they did, but never in an official publication 9some of which drew from the mags) - it was 20 hull points, and 700 pts. Supposed to be a very, very small one. The model wasn't big either.

Bluntly, yes. 750-1000 pts.

You definitely are the new AWG.

Yo, /hhg/. I recently got a box of Burning of Prospero and two boxes of Betrayal at Calth for cheap and decided to take the plunge into the heresy.
But now I am stuck when it comes to picking a legion. From what I understand of the local scene and what is already owned, my choice is between Word Bearers and Thousand Sons. Going over the rules, both seem interesting (TS slightly more so), so I am *really* unsure what to pick now.
There's the fact that I'd already have Ahriman that speaks for Thousand Sons, but the special units for Word bearers all seem pretty amazing as well. Also, I don't really care for Primarchs either way, so they don't really factor into this.
Any advice?

To discuss Horus Heresy, like on the title? Why are you here? To be a cunt to a total stranger and tell them to kill themselves?

>anonymous message board
>I hate anonymity
Words fail me.

>That and I hate anonymity.

Well, then you probably want to put your whole name in there. I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen.

>It let's people be absolute twits to people with no repercussion.

And having a name makes it easy to target you and silence you.

>From what I understand of the local scene and what is already owned, my choice is between Word Bearers and Thousand Sons
Bad mindset, just pick the legion you like best.
Also, if you like two (or more) legions allies and shattered legions are a thing.
It's get's the message across better than calling people poop on B&C.

>And Namefagraira's tail grew big and shone bright like a fookin SNOWFLAKE
Anonymity does allow you to be rude with each other without fear of repercussion...but then again, this is still Veeky Forums, you know?
I mean, where do you think you are? Compare Bolter and Cucksword's eternal compliments with our KYS-goodmorning equivalent.
That's simply how things are.
>To discuss Horus Heresy, like on the title? Why are you here? To be a cunt to a total stranger and tell them to kill themselves?
Again, that's sort of the mision. Less KYS and more memes, but it is indeed the general idea.

Hating namefags is natural. Telling them to kill themselves is a service to society.

>new

user, please, let be real here.

kill yourself

Are we stuck forever with dickbike, or is there at least a rumor about new design like Samael / Brotherhood of the Storm - ish one?

It can't be, but who am I to argue against trips and dubs?

Fair enough. I concede to superior knowledge.

>Bad mindset, just pick the legion you like best.
Ah, I worded that poorly, I think. I like Ultramarines, Word Bearers, Thousand Sons and Iron Hands, but I already own Iron Hands in 40k and don't want to do the same force in HH; meanwhile Ultramarines are plentiful locally (seven players, apparently) and I don't want to add to that.
And mixing legions... I don't know. I hate allies bullshit in 40k.

Pick what you like most, regardless of what other people are playing, if you enjoy the legion it doesn't matter

I'm here because information on releases flows through here faster/earlier than other sites, I've found. I don't actually go on any board except this one. In fact my original plan was to lurk forever, but you guys seemed nice.

Probably just dickbikes forever mang

The rumour is that Angelus will include Bullock jetbikes which can be exchanged for Scimitar ones (like different patterns of termie armour) and they let you reroll charges instead of wielding heavy bolters.
But you haven't.
Most of the allies bullshit isn't present here (mainly because you can't bundle together in transports).

We would be nice if you were just an user like the rest of us.

word bearers, then

>easier to paint
>can mix in daemons without worry
>can mix in chaos marine parts without worry
>already have their special units out
>are evil dudes who really love being evil

Why do I have a feeling that as soon as I give up waiting and buy dickbike or 3rd party they gonna release the Bullock

>because information on releases flows through here faster/earlier than other sites
It's kinda like the Astronomicon attracting 'Nids, but with Scanon's light and special snowflakes.

Yeah, srry.
I really don't know how we lasted that long or got so few KYS.
>I'm here because information on releases flows through here faster/earlier than other sites, I've found. I don't actually go on any board except this one. In fact my original plan was to lurk forever, but you guys seemed nice.
I'm (You) from the future, petty much.
And these lads do seem nice, mainly in later hours though.
Been down the same road you're trying to travel. Try getting into the summary several times. You'll feel part of here.

lose the namefag or fuck right off you insufferable cunt

I concede that people will dislike me for it, not that I should shun myself for not knowing your crazy prejudices.

>I really don't know how we lasted that long or got so few KYS.
Well, we were after AWG, helped out, and drew amusing (if shitty paint ones, in my case) pictures.

>helped out, and drew amusing (if shitty paint ones, in my case) pictures.
That was the best part of it, I reckon.

>Help on filling Reductor's troop choices, plz?
min thallax, secutarii for everything else. two units of peltasts, one unit of hoplites (with room for your HQs, so 18-19 so you can stick 'em in a Triaros)

list pretty much builds itself

Sigh, I never did get my fanfic.

So Thallax really are tax, huh

At this point I think I'm getting into the summary.
>Newfag is new, anons get mad

they're not good, but they're not scyllax-tier. in that list I'd say go with plasma fusil since it's the cheapest weapon option to make them useful, and anti-infantry is more handy when OR is drowning in great anti-tank

the nice thing about thallax is they're relatively mobile and durable scoring when you stick them in cover. walkers in ruin lets you jump-shoot-jump in ruins with zero risk, so they're great for holding objectives in ruins and being obnoxious ticks that do light damage but are super hard to fully kill off.

I make the bread around here these days, and I won't have it.

bless your baking heart
myself and other mech players in the area use them as speedbumps or multi assault enhancers. Ferrox with chainblades, point at incoming threats or bait threats into traps. Durable enough to be a pain and just punchy enough to not be ignored. These are disposable troops, use them as such.

Just ordered my first chinaman ever. 1 Iron Father, 5 Gorgons and bits to give them power and chainfists (And a flame thrower).

How long do these chinapeople take to send the stuff? Also, I am aware of toxic stuff and whatnot, working with them using water and a mask.

>I'm getting into the summary.
But by your own merit, silly. When I was both the Edition, Sub-edition and 2 of the 3 things in the summary, that was when I knew I was really invested on this here general.

pretty much only Z has the shitty smelly old resin now, if you got CC, Alpharius or that Dream guy they both use the enviro friendly resin that is better too work with than FW. Orders can take 2-4 weeks to be cast and then 2-4 weeks to deliver depending on backlogs, parts ordered, size of order and china being a black hole. You are paying less for more in the end, be patient. If you piss these asians off with western pestering they will black list you.

>"wut so bad 'bout namefags, u gais?"
>proceed to show exactly what's wrong with namefags and be a passive-aggressive shit about it

wew

>When I was both the Edition, Sub-edition and 2 of the 3 things in the summary

What was that?

TS are good, read the pdf and see what you think. Theyare probably best with Magnus with guard of the crimson king taking sekhmet termies as core so if you don't like primarchs or termeis then word bearers are better.

I rue the day where I spend enough time here to achieve likewise. I can feel my productivity trying to slip away from me.

is there any reason to take domitars over artalax?

>Scarab Occult Terminators as Sekhmet Terminators
Is this acceptable? Assuming I cut down on the ornamentation a little.

>Theyare probably best with Magnus with guard of the crimson king taking sekhmet termies as core so if you don't like primarchs or termeis then word bearers are better.
You must be fun to play against.

You dont even have to cut down on the ornamentation at all. Just give them normal combi bolters and theyre good to go

You seem nice.

the reason is simple, don't use a trip, now fuck off.

Around the whole sneaky scorpion times. It was ages ago, user. Not even I remember.
And you should. The early college years are a funny mess.

Ok, that's what I have heard in other places, so great. And yeah, I only want the confirmation that the order went through, but given how these guys take a few days to answer, sitting tight is like the only thing I can do.

However, it is a small package, only 6 minis and a few bits. I shouldn't take long (I think). And yes, I have some experience about how bad "pestering asians" can go, wasn't planning on doing that.

Not really proud of this, the rest of my stuff is mostly FW and some GW plastic, but I was a bit curious so I thought a small order would be a good test.

Sure. If anyone has a problem with it, point out that they can't get up to a 3++ this way.

Don't they have option to use either Tartaros or Cataphractii suits?

>Just give them normal combi bolters and theyre good to go

What's wrong with the ones they have? They're just a bit fancy tigrus combi-bolters you'll find on regular tartaros.

I had the older HH books for a while now and grabbed the pdf for Inferno just recently. TS seem powerful, but at a glance I suspect their costs can baloon rapidly. WB on the other hand don't really have any interesting boni, but look like they perform reasonably well at any job.
Regarding Primarchs: Not really into super-expensive characters in general. In 40k I always feel like I could do better with just more dudes in general, even though that obviously doesn't always hold water.
Termies on the other hand I like. And 2-wound Brotherhood of Psykers termis seem really neat.

Can someone explain to me why Exterminatus-ing Isstvan 3 or Terra was not an option for Traitor force?

>is there any reason to take domitars over artalax?
arlatax don't have a model yet, domitar have a really cool model despite their mediocre rules. one is FA, one is elites. it's pretty self-explanatory really. domitar aren't very good.

if you're doing ordo reductor/matrix of ruin you only have two FA slots, so you have to choose carefully. vultarax are really really good, too, and again they actually have a model.

They do.

Yes, they do. But with Scarab Occults you are obviously locked in what suit you take.

They did Exterminatus Isstvan III, but then Angron attacked, so they couldn't finish doing so.
Terra likely has insane defences against exterminatus of any kind, you don't leave Dorn and his boys around doing nothing but Fortifying This Position for a decade without it being damn well fortified.