What do, Veeky Forums?

> The kingdom is ravaged by a plague that kills it's victims extremely quickly and than raises them as undead.
> While investigating it, you find out that (surprise!) necromancers are behind it - they're going to use the undead as an army to go and take over the world.
> And they've just infected one of the largest cities in the realm.
> You have just one night before people begin turning
> As far as you know, there is no cure for the plague, and even if you had one, we're talking about an entire megapolis.
> But what you do have is a loyal army.

What do, Veeky Forums?

>megapolis
It was maybe 100 houses.

Which they destroyed by hitting them with the swords. Come on, user, we're obviously talking about gameplay and story differences. Stratholme was the largest city ever seen, even bigger than Dalaran.

It's almost like the lore can't always be accurately displayed due to technical limitations. Or laziness

Send runners to all allied kingdoms, it's time for a crusade of Paladin's, Templar's, Cleric's, And requisition siege weapons and conscript Sappers to burn the city, and then lay the dead to rest.

This.

Hey... that was my first post, ever.
How'd I do?

Too many spelling mistakes.

Arthas did nothing wrong.

The plurals should not have a possessive "s"

It's Paladins, Templars, and Clerics.

Put on your apron and chef hat

Damn it.
Damn it again.

why not tell jaina to cast a magical barrier around stratholme until a cure is found?

arthas was a badly written character

Because Jaina's not even remotely that powerful

but her council of wizards or whatever they used to call themselves was

Are they? And if so is it worth leaving them to keep the barrier up and used up and unable to be an asset against the necromancers?

Was she important enough to get them to do anything at that point?

Go hunt for the necromancers.

But while you do it, the infected city gives them an army big enough to overrun the kingdom.

It depends on the answer to one question:
Would undead vote for me on the next elections if I spare then and grant them citizen rights?

Sure but I get to defeat the necromancers. The kingdom can fend for itself.

Turns out, it can't. Curious.

But what good is the undead army without the brains to control it?

Maybe.

IIRC, Antonidas was powerful enough to cast a ward of undead can go fuck themselves, but that required three Archmages to maintain and was in the heart of Dalaran, so it might not have been practical for Dalaran.

Isn't that the point of end of Wrath of the Lich King?

There must ALWAYS be a Lich King else the Undead will mindlessly attack, spread, and eventually destroy everything.

>to cast a ward of undead can go fuck themselves
Do you mean "to cast a ward of undead powerful enough that the undead can go fuck themselves"?

>Requiring three Arch Mages
>In Dalaran
>Not practical
Can't you throw a rock and hit three Arch Mages at any point while in Dalarn? I thought that was the point of the city.

>There must ALWAYS be a Lich King else the Undead will mindlessly attack, spread, and eventually destroy everything.
Why don't they attack and destroy each other then? Without a unifying will there should be no "friend of foe" identification left in the undead.

I meant outside Dalaran.
Forgive me, I'm dead on my feet atm.

Fair.

Why don't zombies in other media attack each other? No idea. But, iirc, the final cinematic of WotLK is a major hero, whose name I can't remember for the life of me, takes the Frozen Throne to control the Scourge so that they don't just wreck everything.

>There must ALWAYS be a Lich King else the Undead will mindlessly attack, spread, and eventually destroy everything.
This was stupid then and stupid now.
1) Mindless, uncontrolled undead being more dangerous than a united army is just stupid.
2) Previously when the Lich King lost control of the undead, they became free willled individuals, like Sylvanas and her forsaken.

>What do, Veeky Forums?
bake it

>Why don't zombies in other media attack each other?
Because lazy writing.
In Warcraft lore uncontrolled undead (if they're mindles) go into a frenzy and attack everything in sight, but preferably living. Kind of how Forsaken use the battlefield necromancy without the Lick King's mind control powers - thy just reanimate a bunch of dead so they're closer to the living targets then their troops, and if any survive their frenzied charge and regain consciousness they're given citizenship and full rights.

>Previously when the Lich King lost control of the undead, they became free willled individuals, like Sylvanas and her forsaken.
Actually only the small part regained their intelligence - like on in ten. Yet those few still managed to mop out mindless undead, so I see no problem with getting rif og the Lich King, aside the fact that "awakened" Scourge undead would likely form their new faction allied to Forsaken, probably equally (or more) evil and strong enough in military power and technology to give the Alliance and the Horde run for their money.

That's called a retcon. They needed an excuse to keep an iconic villain faction around after killing off Arthas and writing out Ner'zhul in a book so theybpulled out the mentioned retcon and called it a day. Capping off a shoddy end.

We see what happens when the LK's troops break free in TFT. The Forsaken go around killing Dreadlords and Garithos while Arthas' team saves Ner'zhul. Hardly some apocalypse.

The Forsaken by large are a poorly done faction.

This entire Arthas must be purged.

>he actually believes that goldshire was just an inn and a blacksmith
>he actually believes that nagrand was five minutes on horseback in diameter

Gather enough Paladins and Priests to pump enough LIGHT into the infected that it cures them all without killing them, and turns those already undead back into living people.

It worked on the new flying mount for Paladins.

I could waste my time purging the city while the necromancers infect the next city, but I'd rather just go after the necromancers spreading a plague around.

>that spoiler
I'm not sure if I should post desire to know more intensifies, or the laugher stops.

Bolvar Fordragon becomes the new LK and is currently losing control. Next expansion after legion WOTLK2

>[the desire to laugh more intensifies]

But they literally tried this, going to every great healer in the world even the life binder and no one could cure the plague. The best the could do was get the naaru to prevent him from rising after he died

She wasn't at the time. Now she's probably stronger or as strong as khadgar

She has the Thunder kings power
She is much stronger than Khadgar

Because sylvanas gave the forsaken free will. They serve her out of loyalty, not because they have to.

Not since she got a facefull of buckshot, now all undead she raises are bound to her will

Yea sylvanas kind of maybe got a bit out of control with the whole controlling the dead and trying to become a Norse god.

The Purge of Stratholme was completely justified.

if Uther and Jaina had stood by him rather than abandoned him because they THOUGHT he had gone off the deep end, he would have had the firepower in Northrend needed to take down Mal'Ganis without needing to resort to taking up Frostmourne, where he ACTUALLY goes off the deep end because the sword eats his soul.

There is no cure for the Plague of Undead. None. There's a whole chain in Icecrown in Wrath where you try to save a dying paladin afflicted with it, and nobody from the Dragon Aspects (at full power) to the Naaru themselves can do a goddamn thing but ease his suffering and grant him a peaceful end.

Uther and Jaina made the single greatest underestimation of an opponent in the history of Warcraft when they tried to stop the purge and insisted there was no other way. There wasn't.

Even IF it was JUST the plague, Stratholme would have been fucked. But it wasn't. There was a greater demon running rampant with an undead army actively recruiting the infected townspeople of the largest city on the continent to his army.

So the choices here are:
Do nothing, allow the Plague to run its course and watch as every citizen in the entire city is horribly converted into mindless undead (with their soul trapped helplessly in the mindless body begging for release)

OR

Use your forces to grant as swift and clean deaths as possible to the city population, allowing them to die free of the taint of undeath with their souls unshackled.

Waiting for a cure is impossible, Mal'Ganis teleports away the infected as soon as he reaches them. A blockade or quarantine is impossible, you're both racing the other to reach more people in time. As this is happening, a growing army of undead is ransacking the city as a diversion while Mal'Ganis grows his army.

Jaina Proudmoore was the greatest mage prodigy on the continent, Uther is a paladin second to none. Both would have turned the tide in Northrend.

Arthas fucked up big time and got played like a sap. He should have let uther call the shots, maybe uther saw that it was already too late to stop the undead from rising, maybe the best plan would have been to retreat to tirisfall and hold them there. Arthas went full isildur and got corrupted by frostmourne as intended. He was responsible for tens of thousands of deaths, and by creating sylvanas he is responsible for all the deaths she caused too. The thing is, sylvanas wasn't part of the plan, and as such she has a chance to redeem herself. Jaina is going to do the same thing Arthas did and I suspect were going to kill her in legion.

Illidan literally did nothing wrong

Remember that I am beloved by the light and pray for the power to do what is right.

>Kill all infected by the grain, keep a grain sample as evidence
>Ignore the dreadlord obviously trying to make me go revenge crazy
>Stay a paladin and become the most powerful the world has ever seen.
>Become the king after many years
>Blood elves never exist
>Kael'thas never goes crazy or evil
>Good end

Alternatively
>Kill people
>Go to northrend
>find sword
>Realize muradin isn't dead
>Heal him
>Don't go batshit crazy
>OK end

>uther is second to none
>Jaina was the greatest prodigy
Kael would have been more help in North rend is Jaina had just touched his dick instead of cucking him. And as for uther being second to none, tirion fordring would like a word with you

Tirion Fordring is a shitty meme. He was only important because he had Ashbringer, which wasn't even enough to save him from being killed like a little bitch.
> THE LIGHT PROTECT ME! AAAAAAAAARGH!

Kil Jaeden would have destroyed the sun well with or without Arthas being corrupted. Blood elves aren't even bad tho so it doesn't matter

>>Just set up a barrier and quarantine the city
>>Wait and try to research a cure
>>Use the Light to cure them

Lotta people here who never played the mission.

Quarantine is impossible, it's not JUST the plague. There's a Dreadlord and his army running around the city gathering infected and teleporting them away once the Plague runs it's course.

There is no time to wait for reinforcements, let alone to send word for a cure. The Plague, once triggered, acts within a matter of HOURS. The entire city of Stratholme was purged within a single day, and at the entire there wasn't a single living soul remaining. The entire city had been eating the infected grain for weeks by this point, it was foregone before Arthas ever entered the city. Also, even a decade later, there's still no cure. Kel'Thuzad knows his shit, there's no copout.

You can't seriously advocate that they should have just set up a barricade and let a demon and his army run rampant through the entire city while Jaina fucked around trying to teleport help in or Uther impotently used the Light to try and cure infected.

All that would accomplish is making Mal-Ganis that much stronger with an entire city's worth of undead added to his army

Oh pissed off, he didn't even die there. If you played a paladin you go back to the broken isles to get ashbringer and you find tirion alive, he then succumbs to his wounds and makes you the new high lord. Tirion was the strongest light user in azeroth, rivaled only by Velen.

> Strongest light user in Azeroth
> Did literally nothing of importance
Really makes me think

Velen hasn't done anything of importance either. Light users are total pacifists.

Also, tirion slapped Arthas shit at lights hope chapel, and forced him to flee. Tirion is stronger than the lich king, and it took Gul Dan using the raw power of sargeras to kill him

Tirion was living in exile because of sparing Eitrigg. Kael isn't a prodigy, he's hundreds of years old. Jaina was just a regular human 20-something who got fucking absurdly lucky with natural talent.

Also, your timeline is completely fucked up. Kael only really starts to exists as a character in The Frozen Throne expansion, where he leads his people away from home after Arthas destroys Quel'Thalas.

But Arthas doesn't destroy Quel'Thalas until well after he's purged Stratholme, at this point he doesn't even have Frostmourne.

The High Elves are rather isolationist at this point, with the Priests and Sorceresses in your army choosing to defect rather than return home. After the human kingdoms fall, the High Elves would be angry at the remaining humans for not sending assistance to Quel'Thalas, which is one reason they join the Horde in TBC.

Uther and Jaina don't accomplish anything remotely meaningful to save Stratholme, but their help in purging the city and the north rend campaign would've made the difference

He asked the light for one final miracle to defeat the Lich King, the light took that literally.

>find sword
>Don't go batshit crazy
Nah Frostmourne is the reason he went full crazy.

Which explains why humans in the warcraft settings are such massive cucks I suppose.

More like
>find sword
>heed warning that it is cursed
>walk away

Friendly reminder that Arthas was completely on the right and Uther a bithc

My point was kael existed when Arthas fled to northrend, plus kael already hates Arthas. If we didn't kill him and had tried to help him instead he would have made a big difference. But nooooo we gotta listen to retarded night elves and kill off all the people that just want to save everyone

>Tirion
>Strongest light user in azeroth
Fucking....HA.

Seriously though

1.velen
2.arthas
3. Anduin
4. Tirion if he had ashbringer, magic steroids and wasn't shit.

Humans are the complete opposite wtf are you talking about. Oceans of human and orc blood have been spilled to save azeroth many times. Night elves are the cuck lords that need to be locked in the basement or killed off so they can't fuck things up anymore

He can't beat that undead economy though, that dread had like 5 gold mines he needed that extra dps.

>Anduin
I know he's bound for glory, but as of yet he isn't strong at all looooool. And fuck Velen, he doesn't get to claim the epic Ness of alternate dimension Velen. The real one just sits in exodar and gets ass hurt over shit that happened 15000 years ago

He could've walked away and not been a dickhead...But he chose poorly

>He believed that it was the dreadlords fault muradin died, the last person who could have stopped him from following through with his revenge

Besides, he didnt go batshit crazy until he turned his back on the light and went full death knight

Talking about people ass hurt over shit that happened millenia ago, Kil'jaden takes the fucking cake. He kidnapped Velens family and made him think they were dead, then corrupted his son and made Velen kill him

Yea that's what I was talkng about. Demons are totally butt blasted about the old gods still, sargeras is throwing a universal temper tantrum cause he got btfo by old gods after thinking he was leaving ebin titan slayer

Just recently he was almost killed by a dreadlord assassin, but instead he tied it down, then questioned him before shoving a light created hammer into it and destroying it instantly.

He instagibbed a dreadlord for lights sake.

Im sure that makes him pretty damn strong

Power creep isn't good writing.

Characters are indeed getting stronger as the story gets shittier.

>ywn get invited to the royal bedroom in under city by sylvanas, wearing only an under city tabards and black lace panties
>she will never flop on to the bed infront of you and start reading a book, ignoring your presence
>she will never continue to ignore you, even as she hears you unzip your pants
>you will never stroke your rock hard cock behind her while she playfully twirls her feet
>you will never rub your cock against the soles of her dainty cold feet while she begins to smirk and continues to ignore you
>she will never start giving you a foot job, caressing your dick with her greyish undead toes
>she will never increase her tempo and start jacking you off with both feet
>she will never turn around after you cum on her toes and smirk at you
>only 9 inches? Ha, pathetic

Not everything is power creep

He has gotten more powerful after years of training and learning. Now he has results.

Better than most characters who get stronger just because he screamed and attacked arthas with ashbringer

Which somehow broke frostmourne even though it shouldn't have

This is why Sylvanas needs to stay dead.

>Ywn know the smell of a billion rotting things mixed with the scents of disease and plague or rub your dick on dead shit

Somehow I am OK with this.

Throughout the history of warcraft, characters have trained for lifetimes. Now this one comes along and is le epic powerful of one shotting dreadlords.

He didn't just come along...He has been there training himself in his dad's shadow

Now he has reached a point where the light grants him more power because he is beloved by the light.

Nobody pays attention to anduin

Well, when you keep writing the exact same "here's a bigger, badder, eviler guy who was behind it all along" story, power creep is a feature, not a bug

Yes, a feature of bad writing.

Or a feature of a game....With more stuff in it.

If you wanted to be technical, nobody is getting stronger lore wise or if they are it's minor through personal effort.

Its just in game it's getting stronger because it's a game. And that's what games do.

>nobody is getting stronger lore wise
>Anduin can now one shot Dreadlords

Thats why he killed it with a hammer. He realised that martial ability like his dad had is necessary, and has committed to training that way as opposed to just being a caster

Training=\= power creep

Lore power =\= game power

Stop being a cunt

Well I mean...He created the hammer out of pure holy light.

But yeah he beat the dreadlord to death with it.

Yeah he must just be the first character to train.

>We'll war against our neighbors and join the Greenskins who warred against our country when it was alive

>Tirion won't fight the Forsaken even though he's the super Paladin

He's also one of Metzen's pet characters. Along with Malfurion and Thrall.

>t. Horde dindu nuffin poster

This isn't MMO Champion.

The Blood Elves are Dindus like the other Horde members.

>Shilling Metzen's pet character

>Pretending Anduin is a top-notch character

You wouldn't be a MMO Champion Nigger would you?

So you hate everything?

>sylvanas will never invite you to the marris stead on a hot summer night
>you will never arrive to see Jaina and kalecgos tied up in the living room
>sylvanas will never be irritated with you for being late, and give you a pouty glare as she crosses her arms
>she never sit kalecgos up in a chair and remove her clothing before straddling him
>she will never tease him infront of you by rubbing her tits is his face as Jaina watches in horror
>you will never be instructed to remove Jainas panties and thrust into her from behind, as kalecgos begins to scream In anger
>sylvanas will never start to cackle meniacly as she taunts Jaina, blaming her for letting Arthas destroy quel thalas
>you will never be instructed to silence the muffled sounds of Jainas protests by removing her ball gag and stuffing your cock in her mouth
>sylvanas will never be turned on by this sight as she bounces on kalecgos dick and plays with her tits
>she will never beg you not to come before she does
>you will never leave the emotionally broken bodies of Jaina and kalecgos tied up in the marris stead as you ride back to under city with sylvanas
>Jaina and kalecgos will never have to explain to Anduin why they both have for the horde tattooed on their necks

Arthas was a twisted man before he even saw Frostmoune. The book starring him has as a jackass boyfriend to Jaina who cries over his horse well into his adulthood while RoC's manual talks about him being torn between Light and Dark. And even the TFT Undead Campaign has Arthas lose Ner'zhul's control over him yet continue to serve him.

Ah, a bitter autist, mandatory for these threads.

>t. Blizzcuck

This isn't MMO Champion.

>Jaina will never develop Stockholm syndrome and start asking you to come visit her
>you will never be confused as to why she would possibly want to see you
>you will never arrive to the sewers of Dalaran to find her waiting in a dungeon room
>she will never tell you that she hasn't stopped thinking of that night in the marris stead
>she will never tell you that she envies sylvanas for having such an obedient man to please her
>you will never notice suddenly that Jaina is completely naked beneath her night gown
>she will never let the gown fall to the floor revealing her perfect body
>she will never timidly ask you to dominate her again like you did that night
>her screams of pleasure will never echo through the Dalaran sewers as kalecgos convinces himself he is just hearing things
>she will never devour you once you remove her restraints and allow her to take the lead
>you will never arrive back in under city late and have to explain to sylvanas that you got held up at the pub by Anduin
>sylvanas will never look at you weird before saying Anduin doesn't drink
>you will never angrily lash out at her and storm off to sleep
>she will never lay next to you wide awake, watching you breathe, wondering why you smell like perfume
>she will never hold back tears as she tries to make herself fall asleep, questioning why you don't love her anymore

> /r9k/ plays WoW

>having sex
>/r9k/
I don't think you thought that one through, m8.