/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 15 (1d26)

Nothing much happened edition.
THEN WHO WAS DUCKS subedition

Honestly, nothing much happened last thread, a couple of anons tried to figure out the best troops for Reductor and another ordered his first chinacast and we considered infiltrating Alpha Legion TSon units, also one user wanted to make half of his BoP into SWs despite not even wanting to play SWs. Iron Warriors are the shootist legion and WEanon is still hammering out his list. Nothing else happened. At all. >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MWxrDk8qLnI?t=2m2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiodrama anyone?

Mega is getting shut down, so download everything you can and then put it on google documents or one drive

Like the whole service?

What's the general opinion on the Leviathan FoC? Seeing as the preliminary design for my Filiketos is pretty much done and I'm STILL waiting for the damn thing to show up, I need to look into how I'm going to use it. Seems like the best way, but I don't know if that would be a massive dick move. I see it as essentially two Baneblades strapped together in terms of rules.

Still waiting on user to tell me why fire raptors are considered a suitable replacement for vultarax when shooting flare shielded AV14. I really want to know the thought process.

They can spy on who accesses it though.

He might have mistaken it for the other one.

omg just buy them already

My space dad could beat up your space dad

Well this is off to a great start.

He probably should've said Lightnings, or Avengers, or whatever the good ones are. He was right that it looks like you're taking an allied detachment just to get access to an infamously OP unit. Feels like a 40k list.

And was your list the one with a Leviathan in an Anvillus? They can't fit in those.

2 poor for that.
youtu.be/MWxrDk8qLnI?t=2m2s

Isn't the whole heresy the result of the primarchs being deluded in thinking the Emperor was their father when it was actually chaos?

My space brothers could snipe your space dad before he could get close.

Chaos is best stepdad

Considering you've been asking for a week and and what you want costs £10, I'm really, really sorry you're an unemployed who lives in a third world shithole.

it was, having double checked it's specific exclusion I'm just going to replace it with a DDP.

the main reason for allying for the vultarax is that good turn one anti-armor options are pretty much nonexistant for RG, with the focus on bodies and heavy support slot restriction, while mechanicum allies to solve the problem are still reasonably fluffy (Kiavahr mech guilds) and fill the gap without tracked vehicles.

I could take a sicaran venator, but that relies heavily on penetration roll results, and also does not fit the theme of my army built to date very well. My end goal was a mostly pod/airborne infantry-heavy list.

It should be a TS, or one hanging off the back of the van.

>you've been asking for a week
Strange I started 3 days ago.

The go-to anti-Spartan flyer for Astartes armies is the Primaris-Lightning with kraken penetrators. Saves you all the points you’re spending on other Mechanicum stuff and the embarrassment of being that guy. You could also put five chainfist Termies in the Dreadclaw.

Maybe if MoM was canon, but luckily for everyone it isn't.

I mean, they're not, but they're okay at medium anti-armor because of the Hellstrike missiles and the Reaper Autocannons. The Fire Raptor is great because it's super versatile and very durable, not because it's it's a laser-focused "this unit will die" hard counter like the Primaris-Lightning is.

If you're running a Terminator Deathstar (just a command cataphractii squad and praetor) in a Spartan, which is better- a chaplain or primus Medicae?

I'm doing Iron Hands so they're already very resilient with Cyber-Familiars on characters and -1s to shooting, so a medical will make them basically immune to small-arms fire, while a chaplain will ensure their chainfists utterly destroy anything in their path.

Oh, so that wasn't you that asked for like 4 days inna row last month?, I can only apologise beggar-bro, what with your 3 days on the trot and the memory of those earlier posts, it all merged together in my head.
Perhaps you should go and literally beg on the street to get the money you need? Would probably be quicker.

Spartans are not what concern me, it's glaives,knights, and typhons. all three are present in my local meta and are essentially a hard counter to 90% of the rest of my list. if I thought for a moment I could get away with waiting until turn 2 for a lighting or chainfist terminators to do the job, that would be my preference, but I know it isn't the case. The result is needing either a shock pulse weapon (S Venator) or vultarax to solve the problem, of the two only one actually fits army fluff and I can simply take only 1 vult or none depending on the game size and presence of those LoW.

yes, I realize my local meta is a shitty one when I have to assume typhons and glaives, but at least I get to play

Reposting because I want moar awnsers

Sounds like it could work, you'd lose the traitor special characters and couldn't use all three in a single game, but the option for loyalist elements of the traitor legions exist for a reason.

>reposting because I want people to agree with me

I agree with you.

It's fine.

Deathstars are usually countered by bogging them down rather than whittling them down with small arms fire. Chaplain. I'd consider Tartaros for that kind of unit.

Thunderhawk ;^)
It’s an interesting problem and list. Send it into Radio Free Isstvan, I’d love to hear their take on it.

Yes, the Custodes seem very forced. I can see Salamanders and Thousand Sons doing stuff together during the Great Crusade.

Look, if you play with people you don't consider actual friends, you might get a raised eyebrow or two when you plop down the new shiny "OP" stuff as an Ally to your own army, it makes you look a bit WAAC-ish.
I presume that's why you want to know, as the fluff for your army, which isn't great, can effectively be anything you want it to be. Almost.

pretty much all the legions did stuff togetehr during the great crusade, but TS post-Nikaea probably didn't have much to do with any other legions apart from Emperors Children and Blood Angels.

black warder is still wip. But it's taking shape.

im buying another squad, and making a 3 man Hetaeren counts-as squad out of warders. the. It's just a matter of time till based chinaman gets his hands on the Ixion Hale mini, and FW drop Valdor. Then the party starts.

I don't want people to agree with me, I merely wanted more points of view

try doing the gold a little thinner/more coats, it's a little thick with noticable flecking in the photo.

Left face is actually pretty good work, right guy could use some TLC, the shading looks a bit overdone

I really like how you've done the weapons' blades.

Which part of the fluff are bad ? As for the new stuff, only the custodes are in to find a use to the 5 I got from BoP. The addition of TS was planned long before the release of Inferno

I really hope those bolters on the spears fit into the Sagittarum arms. I want my bolter tactical Custodes, not heavy bolter devastator Custodes.

Those are nicely painted but I just hate the custodes models. They are so fat where much of their art has them looking more slender. Plus Valdor looks like a malnourished eastern European.

No, user, the Heresy is the result of Emprah divorcing Chaos, running off with their kids, and refusing to talk to them about Chaos.

Then years later Lorgar's feeling down and old family friend Erebus gives him Chaos' number and Chaos tries to reconnect with all its kids and make up for not being in their lives.

These are nice.

>which is better- a chaplain or primus Medicae?
Porque no los dos?

Autocannon+fist or autocannon+missile launcher for a boxnaut talon leader?

I imagine it's because you didn't want to wall of text us, but
>TS join Sallies because they want to find artifacts
Is simplistic and cliched in the extreme, and
>There's Custodes there because there are and they let the TS break Nikea because traitors are worse
is straight-lining through what would actually be a massive fuck-huge complicated situation. I mean, do you really think that the way they've been portrayed so far, the Custodes would let the TS use powers? M8, the Custodians in that fleet would have had all the TS locked up and null-collared the second they joined it, and left them there, no matter what other shit they got into.

Obviously the Custodes keep trying to enforce Nikea, but the Sons keep getting away with it because they're just channeling the power of Prospero.

Your fluff is bad and people will think you are WAACing but I doubt anyone will refuse to play you.

pick a job and kit it for the job, same as any other unit. in this case sounds like it's a light armor hunter and should be autos/missile.

So if I wanted to run a pure sisters of silence list as a glass cannon CC list is it viable? As far as I can see they'd struggle with anti-tank but could be quite a fun list to play with.

I still don't get why boxnoughts must have guns strapped to the arms when on old models and on the FW MkIV ones they're mounted on the torso. Why can't I have a quad autocannon dread with 2 combi-bolters?

Unless it's a cortus dread, I prefer dreads to go full dakka.

But that's just me, and I'm sucker for the versatility that missles carry

5 Custodes joining a small force that isn’t doing anything of great importance.

Lorgar got a small group of Custodes following him around because he was a heretical primarch. A primarch. They were on his goddamn flagship.

This is like sending the SAS or Navy SEALs to drive by grandma’s house at night after reports of burglars in the neighborhood.

I can see it working in smaller games, but it really isn't close to being take-all-comers.

Malchurion (or something) had an autocannon and fist.

Dual autocannons or dual missile launchers are probably better if you go with either of those. You can roll them all together and save time.

They struggle to crack AV14, but against lower armour values their dedicated transport should get good work done.

Also, they have no anti-air whatsoever, short of fortifications blasting away with the transport's TL guns and hoping. Actually, thinking about it, fortifications may be a way to try to fix the AV14 problem, but I can't remember what is actually available.

The only way it could be "improved" is if he never treats the Custodes as Sworn Brothers for the TS or at least their psychic powers.
But even then, he doesn't have to do that, just if he wanted to fluff it like that. The Custodes have a lot of leeway in deciding what's permissible or necessary and what's not.

Other than that it's nothing out of the ordinary, and while it's "snowflaky", that's just because it has a story rather than "these are another subunit of this army at this battle who none of the books specifically talk about".

Biggest problem with boxnoughts is that they don't have an all-purpose gun like the assault cannon in 30k. Like why is it that they could mount one on the contemptor but couldn't on a castaferrum? I'd make a unit of 3 immediately, if I could give them assault cannons (without playing BA.)

Do we have all their rules yet?

I bought all the sisters of silence in my local meta so i can continue to spam psykers. I might as well use them.

>TS join Sallies because they want to find artifacts is simplistic and cliched in the extreme
I won't deny that this is cliche, though I mentionned that this is an exploration fleet, with order from Vulkan to scout and search for any presence of xenos or human outside of the borders of the Imperium, as such a smaller amount of TS joined the fleet, seeing this as a chance of getting knowledge and artifacts without spending too much resources
As for the custodes, there is only a single squad of them within the entire fleet, neither the sallie chapter commander nor the TS brotherhood magister were informed of the edict of nikaea or the burning of prospero, and the tension between the custodes and the TS is extreme, only stopped from coming to blows by the salamander chapter master's threats of thunder hammer to the face if they keep acting lawful stupid

That was not me, refer to this for an actual awnserKek'd

>I bought all the sisters of silence in my local meta so i can continue to spam psykers. I might as well use them.

Right, I've got it down to 3000, 2500 and 2000. Also, going to post them in consolidated format other wise they are getting too long on the page.

2000 Points
"Stubbing Your Toe Level Rage"
Model Count: 67
HQ = 300
Kharn the Bloody 190
Gorechild

Galhan Surlak 110

Elites = 60
Legion Apothecary 60
Chainaxe, Augury Scanner, Artificer Armour

Troops = 770
2 X 20 Tactical Marines 240 each
Chainaxes, Power Fist, No Boltguns

2 X 10 Inductii Tactical Marines 140 each

Fast Attack = 230
2 X Anvillus Pattern Drop Pod 115 each

Heavy Support = 650
2 X Spartan Assault Tank 325 each
Laser Destroyers, Armoured Ceramite

> an exploration fleet, with order... to scout and search for any presence of xenos or human outside of the borders of the Imperium
So every single expeditionary fleet in the great crusade, ever?

He needs to come up with a way to have the Custodes not imprison the TS on sight and then not kill them if the TS use powers without getting a clear.
This set up of his is actually the fluff for a TS splinter force escaping from Custode-y, but remaining loyalist, with a couple of nice guy Sally allied units.

I'm also reminded of the story where the RG Librarian and the Custodian attached to the RG return home, the Custodian having previously been told to allow the RG to use powers by Corax for reasons too long to go into here.
When they get back to Terra, the RG Librarian fucks up, forgets Librarians are verboten and announces himself to another supervising Custodian over the space telephone.
That Custodian immediately orders the one on the ship to arrest the RG, with lethal force allowed if he resists too much. And the Custodian instantly turns and does (attempts) it. They don't fuck around.

from the sound if it you should just do the ally vultarax squad then. if your meta is that vicious then doing your own allied min/max is hardly going to raise an eyebrow.

Would pic related be ok for a chainfist and extra armour Cortus? Or would it be too 40k yiff shit?

2500 Points
"Getting Your Car Towed Level Rage"
Model Count: 79
HQ = 450
Kharn the Bloody 190
Gorechild

Galhan Surlak 110

Forgelord /HHG user 150
Thunderhammer, Rad Grenades, Nuncio Vox, Augury Scanner, Refractor Field, Cyber Familiar

Elites = 55
Legion Apothecary 55
Chainaxe, Artificier Armour

Troops = 900
2 X 20 Tactical Marines 240 each

3 X 10 Inductii Tactical Marines 140 each

Fast Attack = 345
3 X Anvillus Pattern Drop Pod 115 each

Heavy Support = 750
2 X Spartan Assault Tank 375 each
Laser Destroyers, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Auxiliary Drive

>any marine threatening a custodes
>custodes compromising
Custodes are pretty black and white, if they thought some thousand sons were defying the edict a threat from a salamanders praetor wouldn't do anything.

I feel the plastic contemptor's static legs really don't give the impression of a cortus. A shooty dread could maybe get away with it, but a cortus should look like it's racing across the battlefield as fast as possible.

3000 Points
"Shitting The Bed Level Rage"
Model Count: 101
HQ = 420
Kharn the Bloody 190
Gorechild

Galhan Surlak 110

Forgelord /HHG user 120
Thunderhammer, Rad Grenades, Nuncio Vox

Elites = 120
2 X Legion Apothecary 60 each
Chainaxe, Augury Scanner, Artificer Armour

Troops = 1140
3 X 20 Tactical Marines 240 each

3 X 10 Inductii Tactical Marines 140 each

Fast Attack = 345
3 X Anvillus Pattern Drop Pod 115 each

Heavy Support = 975
3 X Spartan Assault Tank 325 each
Laser Destroyers, Armoured Ceramite

And now I'm pooped. Was great fun making the lists. Off to find stuff to proxy it with. Maybe 6 bags of mint humbugs, three coffee mugs and three shoe boxes.

I kinda like the way they look too.

Besides, Nikea was the bomb.

>I feel the plastic contemptor's static legs really don't give the impression of a cortus
Seems perfectly realistic for the discount, cheaply-made dreadnought's legs to just lock up when it's in a static pose.
At least GW seems to think so.

>5 Custodes joining a small force that isn’t doing anything of great importance
They don't have a tribune amongst them though, as for the small force I wanted to have a higher number of sallies into the fleet, but believed that a fleet with more XVIII marines than the garnison of Nocturne was too much

extra armor yes, chainfist no.

Chainfists are chain FISTS for a reason.

...that's a Forge World Contemptor, user.

Well, then, you've posed it horribly. Sorry.

I know you want to use your 5 man squad, and like, do it, but remember when fluffing that the penitent Lorgar got 5 assigned to him, and Corax - who had just been given the Primarch Project data - got 1. They don't just join random Fleets.

If a Salamander Chapter Master threatened a Custodian over carrying out the standing orders of the Emperor, the Custodians would ignore him at best and lock him up/fuck him up at worst.
In this story the Custodian trying to arrest the Librarian kills an Imperial Fist captain who keeps getting between them because the Custodian is being "lawfully stupid". Then the Custodian goes on about his role without gaf.

The Custodian part needs worked on, any TS player putting them down as allies needs a good story to be quite honest. Yours is just 'they were there for some reason and decided to be Uneasy Allies'.
But like, if you really wanna do it, do it.

2 Spartans is a fuck ton of points. I'd recommend going without transports and throwing in even more bodies. If you want them to be faster, use assault marines. Maybe throw in an outflank javelin or two for your anti tank.

But the Eviscerator is x2 Str. with Armourbane as well.

There's just no other CCW upgrade for the Contemptor.

...I didn't pose anything. I googled for Contemptors with the SW dread axes and shield to have a visual representation of what I'm talking about.

Agreed, Morty finally got some time to shine

Sx2 AP2 Armourbane is not though.

Yes, exept they went outside of the borders of the current (40k ones) imperium, meaning they're so far away the light of the astronomican is barely discernable.
A single marine would never make a custodes back down, but with an entire chapter at his disposal, even a custodes would think twice before charging in a 1 to 10 ratio melee with terminators

>FISTS

Man, somebody call FW.

those highlights look like they're out of a kid's colouring book and a=the detail is totally squandered by careless application of the paint. I'd be surprised if someone would pay above $10 for them.

>those highlights look like they're out of a kid's colouring book
That's not really true though.

>I'd be surprised if someone would pay above $10 for them.
Is he planning to sell them? If he isn't, then you seem to be expecting Golden Demon standards in place of tabletop standard.

Corax got like 7-12 Cuckstodes with him during that actually.

I swear Lorgar got more than 5, they were spread within the WB fleet and most of them got slowly killed off, until 5 were left during Istvaan. Or maybe it was 5, I don't remember.

Anyone got the story about the RG librarian to share in epub?

I don't plan on playing with both the custodes and the TS simultaneously, I'll be playing between 1500-1850 pts, so I don't have the points to add and support both without considerably reducing the size of my primary detachement.
And they're here because some SW were ordered to search for any remaining TS, they found those present in the expeditionary fleet, opened fire on the entire fleet believing they were traitors and as a result were promptly destroyed, safe for the squad of custodes and the SW commander who managed to teleport on the sallie capital ship's bridge.
that last part will need a lot of work before it can be refined into something coherent, so don't be too harsh, it's still WIP

Thoughts on the Leviathan FoC? I want to use it to run my Stormbird conversion and possibly some extra flyers/a Knight to use the extra LoW slots, but I hear it's considered a kind of dick move.

It's not a "dick move" if you let your opponent know and respond accordingly, and if your flying whale ends up looking cool, people will be willing to overlook more rules-based unfairness you might be engaging in than if you just took the regular model.

Lorgar actually had a fucking tribune with him, so if we keep in mind the "you can upgrade your shield captain once you've reached 2000pts" rule of FW, there was definitely more than 5 custodes watching over the Word bearers

Ah, I completely mis-remembered the number Corax got! Thanks for the correction.

It’s considered a dick move to take a Warlord in a 3,000 point battle.

The Stormbird isn’t very intimidating; it’s fluffy and overcosted, so very few people will have a problem with it.

>the Custodian trying to arrest the Librarian kills an Imperial Fist captain
And Space Wolves say they're the Worfs of 30k!

I rolled some dice to test who would win, an IF captain or a Hetaeron guard, and wouldn't you know it the IF killed him in one turn without a scratch.

Tabletop rules rarely reflect the fluff, if it was a Tribune, he could have easily slapped down Lorgar and half his Legion, sometimes commanders will go on missions accompanied by a small taskforce, the restriction is to stop you taking a Tribune at low points I guess.

They were scattered throughout the fleet, he got more than 5 total, but one squad was with him the whole time.
The guy just needs to come up with a reason to have Custodians attached to his army. Sent to bring back the TS is not a huuuge stretch, but from there we're back to him then needing a reason to allow them to break Nikea.
We've seen the Primarchs authorise that, and the Custodians could theoretically also, they just need a really could reason as no-one there organically has one.

Fluff makes characters stronger or weaker as they need to be depending on the plot.

Remember when an unarmed WE sergeant killed a Custodian?

>golden demon standards

Using your paints in thin layers correctly is just common sense and requires no kill whatsoever: thick paint is a clear indication of a rushed job due to impatience or fundamental retardation. Why wouldn't you paint to the best of your ability when all it requires is some water?

>Why wouldn't you paint to the best of your ability
Why are you assuming that people who aren't knight user aren't?

Don't remind me of anything from that fucking book. Pls no.