Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Chainswords can't cut steel sheets" Edition

prev
>Dank Dweekend Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Here's the list builder, but if you've actually bothered to read this far, ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another roster making program that may or may not be a broken piece of shit
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dark eldar now welcome)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-EU/Ironstrider-Ballistarius
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Illiyan_Nastase
strawpoll.me/12390656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off.

games-workshop.com/en-EU/Ironstrider-Ballistarius

mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

I want to die for The Visarch!

Bumping from last thread

When will Orks get new models and perhaps a much needed buff?

Later this year.

Hope we get some new deffkoptas

>2 infantry models away from having a fully painted 2000-point IG army
Such a satisfying feeling.

I guess it would depend a lot on your local meta. Is this supposed to be an all comers list, or what?

Seems alright. Biggest thing I'm noticing is the combi-flamers on the Dev squads, which seems a bit odd, but it's fine if you just want the extra overwatch ability against tarpits.

What type of Imperial Guard will replace Cadians? I'm guessing some sort of Scions Lite kit. I doubt we will see one of the existing ones get an update to be the new posterboy of the guard

How competative are orks as a whole these days? I've gotten beaten by orks twice in the past year or so, once against tag-team guard/marines vs. their Orks/Deldar, and once against a dude running all kinds of bikes and bikes with his bikes.

They seemed pretty competitive, although admittedly I wasn't running tournament lists.

They're not going to be replaced. The gear Cadians use is basically the template gear for 90% of guard units.

Battle for Vedros

Should I run 10 dire avengers in a raider with nightshields?
Itll be like shoota boyz in a trukk expect the vehicle and men can actually survive and can kill stuff so itll be nothing like orks actually.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "S User AP-" bullshit that's going on in the 40k system right now. Chainswords deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine chainsword from Mars for 3 minutes of sex with the Fabricator-General (that's about $800,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut through saw-retardant clothing with my chainsword.

Adeptus Mechanicus smiths spend years working on a single chainsword and test it up to a million times to produce the finest melee weapons known to the Imperium.

Chainswords are thrice as choppy as power weapons and thrice as gory for that matter too. Anything a power sword can cut through, a chainsword can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a chainsword could easily bisect an Astartes wearing Terminator armor with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why the Eldar never bothered conquering the Imperium? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Space Marines and their chainswords of destruction. Even in the 13th Black Crusade, Chaos soldiers targeted the Marines with the chainswords first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Chainswords are simply the best weapon that the universe has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k system. Here is the stat block I propose for chainswords:

S x2 AP2 Melee, Armorbane

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of chainswords in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Chainswords need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stat block.

Do you think they'll still be called Cadians? I just assume it wont be business as usual after having Cadia blow up, but then again I am quite new to GW's shenanigans

Nope. They'll probably just be reboxed as "Astra Militarum Infantry".

>saw-retardant clothing with my chainsword
F A L S E
A
L
S
E

>S x2 AP2 Melee, Armorbane
>there are already chainswords with this stat block

>Aeldari
GW couldn't have picked a better name.

IF Dawn of War 3 becomes big, we will probably see the new GW to promote some love for the 3 factions it portrays.
Orkz, Eldar and SM.

Is that actually you, this time?

>they haven't actually read Fall of Cadia
Just because Cadia is gone does not mean the end for Cadian Shock Troops. Only a tiny percentage of Cadian forces were o nthe planet at the time of its destruction because the regiments are so numerous they are spread throughout the entire galaxy. Add the the fact that there are MULTIPLE planets named Nova Cadia, and I'm seeing it's highly unlikely the Cadian people nor the word's martial traditions will die out any time soon.

Besides, Caliban was fucking wasted, did the Dark Angels die out? Most of the Traitor Legions' homeworlds were Exterminatus'd, but have the legions gone anywhere?

that's the joke friend

>His chainsword isnt S+1 AP6

>I2
>Why people like Mechanicus
>Celestine not a SoB
>Etc etc etc

Can we stop?

Khaine, Cegorach and Ynnaed, I love Aspect Warriors.

That I can think of off the top of my head, there are chainblades with the following bonuses:
SU AP- (standard)
SU AP4 (chain axes, 40k)
S+1 AP6 (eldar chainswords)
S+1 AP5 (WE chain axes, 30k)
S+1 AP3 (the wolve's frost swords)
S+1 AP2 (Loken's chain "paragon" sword)
S+2 AP5 (Heavy chainblades)
S+2 AP2 (frost axes)
Sx2 AP2 (eviscerators, Gabriel Seth's sword)

>mfw 2d6 + 9 + 2d6+3 rerollable charging Berzerkers on turn 1
>mfw 2d6 + 12" + rerollable charge Maulerfiends on turn 1
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

fucks sake have some decency with the OP copying.

also general question, are fusion blasters and hammerheads the only effective way for tau to defeat AV14 apart from riptide nova charged ion cannons (s9ap3 large blast from memory)

aside from hammerheads (and riptides i suppose but i dont own any) theres a lot of emphasis on good deep strikes. i know 40k isnt exactly swarming with av14 but they are around.

You forgot Eldar chainsabres (S+1 AP5 Rending) and biting blade (S+2 AP4)

>frost swords
>frost axes
These are power weapons, aren't they?

Last time I stopped the chain people were disappointed, user. At least I posted the Duncan AND kept it.

>fucks sake have some decency with the OP copying.

>You can now put Howling Banshees in an Assault Transport
>You can now put D-Flamers in an open topped transport
>You can now put Dire Avengers in an open topped transport and gunboat
>You can now have a 10 point HQ
>You can now put fire dragons in a cheaper transport that can deepstrike
>You can now take harlequins in Raiders so you run more than 6 guys
>You can finally butt-buddy and 3 eldar factions without wasting points on HQ's and troops if you dont want them
I love my space elves

>Dark Aelderi
>from Acommorraghri

>Termies should always get a save!
>Meanwhile Orks still on 0

>These are power weapons, aren't they?
Yes and no. GW seems to have forgotten and just made them into "weapons literally made of ice", but originally they were chain weapons made with kraken teeth instead of the typical metal ones.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Dark eldar are called Drukhari

>You can now have a 10 point HQ
Wat.

Explain.

Also, OH GOD, are GW actually doing the "All elves unite because Malekith was really a good guy" thing again? Please tell me Vect isn't a good guy now.

Im pretty sure Broadsides throw enough S8 shots to glance an AV14 box in a turn or two and considering how expensive AV14 is then you wont see many of them, if you need it done faster then Piranhas, Riptides and Fusion Suits are your better options. Tau can literally shoot anything off the table, from flyers to MCs to AV14 and Hordes, you got ALL the tools so use them.

Vect is actually the only relevant Eldar character openly against it so far.

Which means they'll just kill him off.

>Adrukhareri

Nigger you think this is a game?! I once watched 2000 points of orks shoot 2000 points of tau off a board. 1500 of those points were just bubble gun emplacements.

>S+2 AP5 (Heavy chainblades)
Is there a single unit in the game that uses these mythical weapons?

>Castellan of the Imperium are still just Battle Brothers
>Even when they talk about armies of the Imperium they are all different factions
>No Mechanicus buddies
>Other factions need and update
>Eldar get more broken

Is GW pulling another Warhammer fantasy? Activily killing the game with their mentally retarded desicions?

It's a 30k thing. No one ever takes them though, if that's what you're alluding to.

Going to a Tourney. Is this still the list de jour for AdMech? I don't have a Crawl.

>Explain.
Court of the Archon Lahmaean. Fracture of Biel-Tan gave the Eldar a united formation that lets you cherrypick the best units from all three factions while Corsairs get fuck all as always, and are the only cool Eldar left

>Please tell me Vect isn't a good guy now.
He's against the Ynnari meme.

>1 (one) shot
>BS3 twin-linked
>enough shots

>Please tell me Vect isn't a good guy now.

Vect and like half of his city hate the Ynnari and aint buying their shit. I would not be surprised if GW made a Crone Eldar+Vect's Dark Eldar faction to be the new evil eldar faction.

Llamewhogives a fuck, Court of the Archon is a valid HQ choice.

Nah, the Haemonculi are against Ynnari too, so Rakarth is too.

>their mentally retarded desicions?
Guilliman is waking up and working with chaos marines.

Yes. That is exactly what they're doing.

>He thinks Cypher is chaos

Haywire Grenades

Guilliman is now an Eldar Primarch.

I was referring more to their entry in the 40k rulebook, with no 40k units to use them.

>he thinks that even "loyalist" and "traitor" DAngles aren't heretics

He certainly isnt loyalist.

Vect is a good guy now. He is hunting daemon worshiping witch Yvraine.

I didn't even know that was a thing.

DAngels are a lot like the Alpha Legion in that no matter how trustworthy or well motivated they might seem, you still shouldn't trust them, because half of their decision making is based on lies, deception, and rolling a dice for some LOLRANDUMB plot twists.

I mean, Eldar Ultramarines aren't exactly without precedent.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Illiyan_Nastase

How are new custodes made?
Considering they were down to less than 1/10th their strength before the siege and then emps got himself a bit crippled, who's making the new ones? Are they even as good as the originals?

Should I take a Librarian instead of a Brother-Captain/Grand Master?

I don't remember seeing any lore saying that the emperor was personally building each custodian.

>Are they even as good as the originals?
Could we please not start this again?

I thought it was pretty heavily implied that he had a significant personal investment in their creation.

>Are they even as good as the originals?
>Could we please not start this again?

I'm curious because the original ones all actually wore armour, had all that ridiculous training and had experience at war, whereas the new dudes are, unless im mistake, pissing around in leather clothing and dont leave the palace

>I'm curious because the original ones all actually wore armour, had all that ridiculous training and had experience at war, whereas the new dudes are, unless im mistake, pissing around in leather clothing and dont leave the palace
LET'S NOT DO THIS AGAIN user

Yes.

I don't know what you're referring to, this is the first time I've asked a question

Does this look better? Should I drop some upgrades for falchions?

Oh.

Well consider that they never actually sealed the hole between the warp and terra from when Magnus [DID SOMETHING WRONG], as far as we know. Even when Emps was alive, he couldn't seal it, he just kept it from growing and kept corruption from pouring through. Someone is standing at that gate fighting armies of daemons, and many think that's what the custodes have been doing for ten thousand years.

Also it's worth considering that curstodes don't age, so a lot of the Companions could still be kicking around in the imperial palace.

After the Tyranids

Alright, finally settled on a list (I think).

Hopefully not going to regret not taking any Plasma and taking the Icarus over the Neutron Laser.

I'm not a Grey Knights player, so I can't say. I've just found that whenever you're playing MEQ, it's better to take force multipliers to help make up for your lack of numbers, rather than taking a melee beatstick. A librarian throwing out buffs and debuffs will cause a lot more casualties than any melee beatstick short of a pimped chaos lord of a daemon prince.

Ynnari to the Drukhari Overlord!

O Overlord, Drukhari devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to She Who Thirsts herself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The She Who Thirsts shits, and your army eats. Thou shallt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Ynnari sons; we have no fear of your army, by Warp Portal and by Void we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Old City scullion, Hidden Blade wheelwright, brewer of Port Carmine, Khymera-fucker of Corespur, groxherd of High and Lower Commoragh, pig of Sec Maegra, Aelindrach thief, catamite of the Port of Lost Souls, hangman of Desaderia, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before Ynnead, grandson of She Who Thirsts, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, un-reborn brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Ynnari declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Ynnari. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with Ynnaed, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

>Implying it wasn't him posting last thread.

How can it be that Chapter Relic's meele weapons, 10k years old, from metal that never break are just master crafted power swords/axes + two handed?

>tfw everyone on Veeky Forums plays Astra Militarum so I can never get advice

I see.
They seem to be quite mistreated in the books after the heresy, for example in one of the beast arises novels they get absoltuely slaughtered by two eldar.

>Drukhari
It's pronounced Drew Carey.

How come a wooden stick has the same hitting power as a chainsaw/sword hybrid?

Seth's isn't ap2. It's ap4 with rending. ...I think.

Hahahahahahaa, oh god user, that's how I'm saying it 100% of the time at the LGS now, thanks for that.

Because the really complex and special ones don't work any more? The only ones that still work 10k years later are the ones that are fairly simple, and built from indestructible materials.

>Never played 40k before but got interested in lore
>Spend few days on reading codices, wiki etc.
>Nids and Orks are definitely my favourite factions by fluff and models
>Time to finally visit /40kg/ and read something more about their gameplay
>Mfw I realized that I have choose two most unplayable armies right now

>Mfw I realized that I have choose two most unplayable armies right now

But you're not playing Dark Eldar + Orks.

Saved.

Pretty much. That said, you should still pick an army you like. Rules can change, but it's better to pick based on fluff or looks than just power.

Depending on your local meta, it may work out alright anyway.

At least Deldar have access to actual ranged anti-tank at higher than BS 2.

DEldar and Orks can be pretty competative if you use them right. DEldar especially, and Orks can have some MEAN speed freaks lists.

wait, i thought the polls showed TG mostly played vanilla marines?

superior imperial craft prayed over a thousand times

Thallax with the Ferrox upgrade will rek you for 3 S7 Rending hits each.

Casual Dark Eldar have it better than 'Nids.

Kabalites are half decent troops and they have good transport options.

I get that feeling.
I played orks when they were still kinda good and picked up CSM when they got their terrible codex.

Alright, I'm curious, show me what you got WHG.

strawpoll.me/12390656