Dawn of War III

What is the Spear of Khaine? The artifact that will be the casus belli of the newest DoW?

Also, is it possible that there will be the fourth faction? The ruins don't suggesting that they belong to eldars, they look more like necron. Is it possible that necrons will be included into the final game and relic just doesn't want to show them to the final moment? There were always four factions, the same as now and the evil one, like chaos or tyranids, so it would be logical that it is time for necrons.

Other urls found in this thread:

dawnofwar.com/article/unit-spotlight-beauty-da-morkanaut
youtube.com/watch?v=EW3zxFBh30A
community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8981/is-having-more-races-are-essential-for-the-game#latest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...Why the fuck does that guardsman have bullets?
He has a lasgun, why does he have bullets?

maybe that guardsman uses an autogun

Munitorum shipped him condoms and autogun rounds when they wanted food and batteries. At least the nights are warm again.

Looks like shotgun shells to me, user.

We will surely see at least few DLC with extra factions with crons as first

What if the spear of khaine is the last of the five weapons the Yncarne needs to fully awaken, causing a three-way clusterfuck?

Aun'royr is deader than the elder gods.

The guardsman behind him has a lasgun, he might have an autogun

What ever it is, it must be far beyond a mere pointy stikk.

I found a leak for the story mode, here goes

>Blood Ravens are actually one of the missing Legions
>Primarch was kidnapped by Trazyn before the Heresy
>Nobody knew Necrons existed, so the Emperor didn't trust the Ravens afterwards
>Decided to put them into stasis until their Primarch was found
>Blood Ravens had many relics gifted to them for fighting alongside other Legions, but records of them being given were purged after they were frozen, and memories were wiped all around
>Bureaucratic issues after the Heresy led to them being unfrozen
>Blood Ravens wake up with no memory of the past, nor recognition for their acts, just gifts
>The real reason they're going to Acheron is because it's one of Trazyn the Infinite's Vault Worlds, and their psykers had premonitions of something from their past there
>As it turns out, Angelos is the actual Primarch of the Blood Ravens, and had managed to escape Trazyn after one of the Vault Worlds and jettisoned him through space unconscious
>Acheron is actually a trap to lure him back into Trazyn's grasp
>After the realization that he is a Primarch, Angelos' psyker powers return, and he uses them to acquire the greatest gift of all
>Macha's virginity

Oh, and the 'Spear of Khaine' is actually Jain Zar's premium dildo. Gorgutz ends up with it and attempts to use it as a weapon, with gruesome and slightly disturbing result.

You lost me at "Blood Ravens are actually one of the missing Legions".

>The first soldier carries the rifle! The second soldier carries the bullets!

the Spear of Khaine is a 12 inch vibrating "spear" that all Banshees must master at the end of their training

They hold a purple penguin they have to return to a soul the deldar took. Its very tragic.

You lost me when you claimed to have a leak.

>...missing legion...
Yeah, no. 0/10 bait.

The last one is already on Belial IV, it's just a matter of spring-cleaning the planet now.
>Visarch finds one in the Incubus shrine
>One from Biel-Tan
>Two on Belial IV, one recovered
>Spear of Twilight

You did answer though

>What is the Spear of Khaine? The artifact that will be the casus belli of the newest DoW?
A McGuffin
Also, we saw some really weird shit with a see of bodies before the Eldar Autarch in the latest video, and I doubt it was his troops

>Also, is it possible that there will be the fourth faction? The ruins don't suggesting that they belong to eldars, they look more like necron. Is it possible that necrons will be included into the final game and relic just doesn't want to show them to the final moment? There were always four factions, the same as now and the evil one, like chaos or tyranids, so it would be logical that it is time for necrons.
Doubt it. The devs stated multiple times there will only be 3 factions at launch.
My bet is that Necrons will appear as the "final bosses" in the campaign, and will be added to the game in one of the first DLCs/expansions

>Visarch finds one in the Incubus shrine

Nope, first sword was Yvraine's Huskblade but was "transformed" into a Crone Sword when she's revived. How the fuck do that work? I don't know.

>The gladiatrix vaulted from the cover of the Tyrannofex corpse, snatching up her huskblade from its resting place on the sands. The sword, like Yvraine herself, had been transformed. The elegant blade resonated at her touch, and as she held it aloft in her newly gauntleted hand, it was radiant with power.

The part where the Visarch find the sword is in WD feb was supposed to be Asu-var, Sword the Visarch used, but in the book said otherwise, it was pulled from Biel-tan and gifted to Visarch by Yvraine.

GW couldn't even hire the same guy to write that shit, or at least proofread the fucking thing

user I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Mark my words, the fifth Crone Sword is the Dawn Blade.
It fucking steals life and gives it to it's wielder.

Calm down autist.

OP here, after all I think that necrons will make their role as the final boss, the stormlord, who "will unite them" - the three factions. They should be added with IG in the first expansion.

>stormlord
Storm PRINCE.
May not be Imotekh (if that's what you were thinking).

Huh... i would actually like that development. Could make the Tau relevant at least. I hope they kill Farsight because as great as I think he is, he's become too much of a Deus ex Machina for the Tau. Kill him and craft a legacy after him

Here's a list of who is who in DoW III for now:

>Blood Ravens/Imperium.

Gabriel Angelos: The new Chapter Master. He doesn't want anyone touch the pointy stikk
Jonah Orion: Chief Librarian. Guess daemon punches are quite weak.
Captain Balthazar: ?
Solaria: Imperial Knight.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: ? The explanation of the Deathwatch intervention.

>Biel-Tan Eldar.

Autarch Kyre: The one calling the shots and (possibly) main villian.
Macha: Farseer. She does not like Kyre
Jain Zar: Phoenix Lord.
Ronahn: Ranger/Wraithknight pilot. He does not like Kyre either.
Taldeer: Wraithknight. Her vision led to the conflict.

>Bad Moons Orks.

Gorgutz: Da Warboss. He wants a new pointy stikk to krump some gits.
Zappnoggin: Da Weirdboy. Oddly "sane" for his kind.
Wazzmakka: Da Mekboy. He "gets" ancient tech by looting da zog outta it.

Fuck off Miller

Leave the Boss alone

GAY

Rachel Weisz is a qt. I'll never forget that flash of her supple, pale skin when they fucked in the barracks.
That was one of the first movie sex scenes that really stuck with me.

Post Solaria pics!!

There, dear user.

>Captain Balthazar
Where did you hear that name?

>I...
Lost

bump to know where user heard of that Captain Balthazar, because I tried and find a source and couldn't
You also seem to have quite a few new information on Zappnoggin and Wazzmakka...

Are you a dev?

Captain Balthazar is the guy doing mission control in the space marine demo.

Zappnoggin did not sound like someone whose head would explode for having too much WAAAGH in his head.

Wazzmakka only wanted to use the old tech to make his stuff more killy (and accidently activate other stuff in the ork demo)

>Are you a dev.
No. Only some bored user enjoying his last free days before going back to the University.

those are shotgun shells dumb ass, he keeps them handy for close encounters

I hope is less "DLC" and more "expansion".

At the start of the studio visit video on the Dawn of War YouTube channel there's a two second long shot of a picture of some Necrons. There was no reason to put that in unless Necrons are going to be in the game, whether included initially or as DLC.
The only other reason I can think of that they would have shown them is to demonstrate that they know and care for the setting like they insist they do. But if they wanted to do that they should have shown off a bunch of models instead.

I gotta feeling that any DLC race will get its own single player campaign. Hopefully, they throw in DEldar and SoB along with the obvious Chaos, IG/Scions and Tau.

I hope it won't be like Retribution where it was different race, same general plot.

Dark Eldar were pure cringe in Soulstorm. I don't trust this studio not to shit them up too.

the release won't have 4 races, but I expect they'll put more out soon.

Chaos, Tau, and Necron are most likely since chaos is a fan favorite, Tau have an easy imperial knight equivalent that GW is pushing, and the ruins in the campaign seem to be necron in origin.

It'd be kinda cool if you still had some of the customization stuff from DoW2, at least for the hero units. If it's like Soulstorm, that's fine too.

unbelievable but I kek'd

>Also, is it possible that there will be the fourth faction?

Considering that todays gamedev business makes big chunk of its profits from DLC and micropayments, its already confirmed that there will be new factions. Fuck them all.

>Fuck them all
are you saying it's a bad thing a dev tries to implement a maximum of factions in a 40k game? Or did you really expect the game to be released with 10 unique factions?

Kill yourself, you are indoctrinated.

>Blood Ravens are actually one of the missing Legions

Lel nope.

>Primarch was kidnapped by Trazyn before the Heresy

Nu-crons were awakened after Sisters of Battle build their chapel on a tomb world, which is post heresy.

>Nobody knew Necrons existed, so the Emperor didn't trust the Ravens afterwards

Eldar did know and they were friendlier to humanity before heresy.

>Decided to put them into stasis until their Primarch was found

Who is them ?

>Blood Ravens had many relics gifted to them for fighting alongside other Legions, but records of them being given were purged after they were frozen, and memories were wiped all around

Most item descriptions say the items were awarded during events or dates that are post-heresy.

>Bureaucratic issues after the Heresy led to them being unfrozen
>Blood Ravens wake up with no memory of the past, nor recognition for their acts, just gifts

So why they wake up and how does administratum just accept a new chapter that comes out quite literally from thin air. Space Marines are heresy waiting to happen and they wouldnt risk blood magpies being some sort of alpha legion infiltration trick.

>As it turns out, Angelos is the actual Primarch of the Blood Ravens, and had managed to escape Trazyn after one of the Vault Worlds and jettisoned him through space unconscious

For a Primarch he is absolutely shit tier.

>After the realization that he is a Primarch, Angelos' psyker powers return, and he uses them to acquire the greatest gift of all.

This is so bullshit anime-tier writing it could only be true if CS Goto and Ward had co-written it.

Yeah, clearly I'm the one being entitled and borderline stupid here.
I mean, it's not like games ran on a budget - and worse than all, on an RTS budget, a budget allowed for something THEY KNOW won't sell as much as shitty MOBAs and/or FPS.
God forbid they make profit. All games should be free, especially the ones I like!

>caring about this rape of DoW and the fluff with flippy-flopping Hammer-twirl Gabriel Angelos

The spear will be a McGuffin or an actual spear of khaine needed to awake it's avatar/greater avatar.

Its on Belial IV, eldar recovered only one of two only because they were too weak to fight all chaos hordes, that is reason why they got Man in Blue to help them out, get fucked blueberry.

They're bringing back a primarch.
I don't think they're too worried about having characters be a deus ex machina for factions.

TALDEER THULE REMATCH

Relic said there was a Venerable Dread as an elite so that could happen

So Wazzmakka is the one in charge of the Morkanaut and the one responsible for Gorgutz's new Klaw then?

dawnofwar.com/article/unit-spotlight-beauty-da-morkanaut

Good question.
And if Wazzmakka is the pilot of the Morkanaut, who is the Big Mek we've seen in the Ork gameplay video? If it's the same guy: does that mean we'll have to chose between a Morkanaut and a Big Mek?

>does that mean we'll have to chose between a Morkanaut and a Big Mek?

Well, if you look at the Ork gameplay video, we see Rohan on foot as a Ranger, engaged in the act of having the Orks and his Eldar enemies destroy one another:

youtube.com/watch?v=EW3zxFBh30A

Since Rohan is said to be a Wraith Knight pilot, it could be so.:

You know Relic didn't make Soulstorm directly, right? It was made by Iron Lore, who used Relic's engine and source code with their permission.

Do you think that Relic give the answer of who won in Soulstorm at least? I mean, Gorgutz was there.

People are getting invited to a multiplayer beta apparently

community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8981/is-having-more-races-are-essential-for-the-game#latest

Forgeworld avatar of Khaine has a spear

I assume it would be something sad because if it actually was Stubbs the now lack of Cadians would make Kavura the most elite fighting force in the Guard and that would be odd.

I did not expect DoW III to take place during or after the fall of Cadia. That seems rushed. Does it really?

Soulstorm has nothing to do with the Gathering Storm, if that's what you were thinking about

And to answer the question: we have no idea, but I don't see the events of Gathering Storm interfering with the plot of the game

jesus fucking christ I hate metagaming faggots so much

So the WHFB Widowmaker shapeshifts doesn't it? I think it's a reference.

SQUATS RETURN

Lots and lots of ladies in the Guard, user.