Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/ - Spoilers, spoilers everywhere edition

>Question of the day
We've seen sneak peaks at both sides of Terminal Directive and all of Daedalus Complex, what's getting you excited?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/21/why-do-you-run/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/13/your-clearance-has-been-granted/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/15/kakugo/
imgur.com/a/O0Ftk
netrunnerdb.com/en/set/dc
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Daedalus_Complex_UFAQ#NEXT_Wave_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Terminal Directive spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/21/why-do-you-run/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/13/your-clearance-has-been-granted/

Daedalus Complex
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/15/kakugo/
imgur.com/a/O0Ftk
netrunnerdb.com/en/set/dc

>Can you guys post the spoilers?

Here we go...

I guess I'll post the runners too for reference.

I'm finding the the new cards are fostering a terrifying environment for rush, with every factions armed against it now... I like what I'm seeing though, but we'll have to see in testing.

Not the guy, but appreciate the effort, thanks.

Interesting that Careful Planning is a shaper card. Damon's doing good on the "no faction *owns* a mechanic" thing so far. Wonder if Deep Data Mining will be worth the splash into Criminal, they're the likeliest to still have MU when they draw it after all. Better with that run event tutor I guess. 4 cards for a click with Levy Lab is pretty good, but you're not actually drawing anything if you don't draw a program. Plus someone mentioned if you have to add programs or if you can add any of the 4 cards. Egret will be fun with the retain strength breakers, heavy on MU though. Funny that they would use the term NVRAM without defining it first, someone's definitely getting lazy. Otherwise neat ability, like a built in Bookmark.

Spear Phishing as more Inside Jobs is good, though fundamentally the way to use them is pretty different. Gonna need a way to make using them on centrals better though. Definitely replacing Peregrine with Abagnale, maybe even worth a 3-of as a 4 cost bypass double card. Charlatan is super expensive to install and play, and not actually useful against the big ice which you don't want to pay for. And I guess it doesn't fire for the first unrezzed piece of ice you approach? Also wondering if it works with Sifr. Brute Force Hack is a neat new Emergency Shutdown, in that shutting down big ice will be expensive.

All in all exciting toys for both sides. TD can't come sooner.

So... Network Exchange, Careful Planning, False Echo, Inversificator... I'm definitely going to have to rebuild some Kit sooner than later.

Speaking of which...do we have to assume Kabonesa Wu is going to be Mar's Shaper?

DDM is awfully expensive inf-wise. Might as well go for 2 makers eyes instead, since a lot of times it's about the same effect anyway.

Would be awesome if the other 2 breakers in that set are just as reasonably good. Too long have crims been forced to spend too much inf just to have decent breakers.

So, which runner would players be attempting to 'solve' the murder with first?

Or which Corp?

Would be interesting to see where the IDs end up popularity wise.

Probably going to let my playing partner pick first, then let him choose mine, since I can't decide. All four factions look interesting to play, so I really wouldn't mind playing any of them.

If I were forced to choose though, probably Ayla runner side, since I "main" Criminal already, might as well shake things up. Corp side, most probably Seidr, since my partner isn't as invested in the game, and Skorpios will probably punish bad decisions really hard.

Thanks!

That is a card that's both pretty and pretty interesting - the effect it reminds me of most is something like Cyber Threat, but it could be a multi-use inside job, or a very focused Interdiction. And it's 4 inf. Quite weird.

NVRAM is an actual thing IRL, but yeah a bit odd that it's not defined here.
It's not even installed like Apex's shit

I don't know man, there's a lot of quotes where we don't ever see the runner, or not for a long time - look at Smoke.

That said Shaper is probably likely to get one though (IDs are currently at 11/11/13, but Crim has both the TD ID and Fisk)

Seeing as Mars's No.2 habitat has a huge chinese majority (it's made from the chinese colony ship, though that was never intended to land) so I could see Kabonesa Wu being a Martian runner

Would be interesting if Reina makes an appearance there. Or a passing mention at least.

What with her previously serving under the FedGov Oppressors and all.

Yeah, even though her unit got massacred and she no longer trusts the government I can't imagine Reina has much sympathy for the martians - hell, as former EWS their might be a price on her head

>has a huge chinese majority
Come to think of it, maybe Wyvern (the Stimhack dude) will get a card this cycle? At the very least he has the quote on Self-Adapting Code Wall.

Honestly don't now, everything looks like it has potential.

One match up I think would definitely be interesting is Skorpios vs Ayla, with her side board of cards beyond the corp's reach.

Least I could do.

IIRC, it was mentioned that many of her ex-colleagues managed to desert on Mars with all their toys and went native. Given her strong hate-boner towards Big W (and their FedGov friends/clients by extension), I daresay there will be Martians that would be happy to accept her services against the oppressors.

Mr Cambridge would be rather sad if he has to face Skorpios. A most challenging match up.

Don't forget the other 2 draft IDs. Who knows if they can get any mention at all?

With the explosion of bypass (if we have to believe Abagnale is indicative of the full set) and derez, I'm thinking Cambridge has a lot more latitude to present equally bad choices to the corp when using his ability.

It truly is an explosion of bypass

And I keep wondering if it's a good or bad thing.

Certainly Crims needed a boost... but with ICE transactional value being currently so low (or at the very least considered such), isn't this going to make things even worse?

It's a good thing. Criminals were in desperate need of their trademark effects since Genesis. It puts them on equal footing with anarchs at least. Plus, the transient nature of their effects is softer on the Corp than anarchs' trashing.

I tend to agree with the first point, not so much with the second; I don't really see those any more or less transient than Anarch options (are En Passant, DDOS, Run Amok, the cutlery set - hell, even Parasite - not trashed on use also?).

Trouble is, the reception matters more than facts to a point. When I see people complaining that Bio-Modeled Network - which to me is a better balanced DEUS X - is going to kill net damage decks, well...

By their transient nature I'm refering to their effect on the board. The bypass is transient, the trashing changes permanently the board.

At the very least bypass effects are limited in usefulness by the quality of the access, so it isn't as flexible in utility as something like the cutlery suite. And while it is true scoring remote plays are becoming even weaker, there's also the new agenda protection options to consider as well, which require more cards to play around.

As Runner/Corp Crim/Weyland. I don't actually know which one first.

Charlatan and Sifr wouldn't work together by the look of it. Sifr triggers on encounter. Charlatan triggers on approach so there's no opportunity to Sift the ICE before you activate the bypass.

We also could end up with different trash effects on the breakers. For example, the sentry breaker could de-rez and the barrier breaker bounce to HQ or R&D. Damon seems less bound by faction "color pie", so these things wouldn't seem too out of place.

>the barrier breaker bounce to HQ
Sad Ankusa is sad you forgot it

Incidently, I'm WoA Scanon, I've added the missing bit I already scanned, I've scanned the last 2 pages (152-3), and as I type Adobe is currently chewing through the book with OCR (optical character recognition) - I don't know how well that's going to work, but it should make the book searchable, in theory.
Where should I upload it when done?

Update on this: basically, if the text was black, it's searchable, if it's white text on a dark background it's not.

Which is a lot, because WoA is in gorgeous colour, but oh well

My bad, an important distinction. You're definitely right.

Many thanks again kind user!

Her ability should be interesting in a Core Directive playthrough, since no SMCs, although I think her ability is rather less useful in normal play.

More spanish spoilers. Nothing unexpected. The tracker is called Rastreador Beliroide, probably a combination of Warmonger and Bioroid. Warroid? Battlerroid?

Ah, we can also see the costs.

Happy to see that 2 inf on MCA informant, the jank may live

Going to do something stupid...

Initiative: Bifrost Array, Director Haas's Pet Project, Efficiency Committee, Mandatory Upgrades, Voting Machine Initiative, Clone Retirement, Dedicted Neural Net, Nisei Mk.II, The Future Perfect, Astroscript Pilot Program, Puppetmaster, Rebranding Team, Restructured Datapool, Hollywood Renovation, Oaktown Renovation; Underway Renovation, Global Food Initiative, The Future is Now, Veteran Program.

Security: Personality Profiles, Project Ares, Self Destruct Chip, Sensor Net Activation, Sentinel Defense Program, Ancestral Imager, Encrypted Portal, House of Knives, Labyrinthine Servers, Philotic Entanglement, Project Kusanagi, Unorthodox Prediction, Character Assassination, Improved Tracers, Net Quarantine, Quantum Predictive Model, Crisis Management, Firmware Update, Posted Bounty, Superior Cyberwalls, The Cleaners, Vulcan Coverup, False Lead, NAPD Contract, Priority Requisition, Private Security Force, Show of Force.

It actually fires more than I would have expected (Poor project Ares though, can't catch a break).

>Where should I upload it when done?

Been so long since I've had to upload something not on a private server I'm totally out of the loop. Generally use sendspace myself. Out of US jurisdiction. Limited on size, though.

MEGA seems usable?

Damn it, was hoping we'd get to see more of Shipment from Tennin.

Add to the list: Reeducation, Escalate Vitriol and Paper Trail.

No Obokata makes me sad.

>MEGA seems usable?
Check the news, pic related, I don't know

For now though
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Yup, the extradition is going on... But while I haven't been keeping up on the case, as far as I know only Megaupload assets are concerned. I don't think MEGA is dying before that upload of yours has outlived its use.

Now the question becomes...do I buy one or two Terminal Directive?

But why 2? One should be able to play both sides in different campaigns at least? Especially if you can 'reuse' the stickers?

Makes an awesome gift to a new player if you do get 2 though. Certainly so if he can borrow core cards from you.

What do you want to see for Adam?

Personally I think regular Icebreakers would be too good. He already have Always be Running, so maybe something that let him complement that. Grappling Hook is an interesting program that synergies with ABT. Maybe something to use his Multithreaders.

What would be a neat effect that plays with reoccuring credits? Maybe something like "The first time you use 2 recurring credits, draw or install a card."? Or something more "bioroid"-like?

A card like Bug, that the Runner can pay 2 credits when something happens to do something.
For instance, unique program: the first time each turn a piece of ice is rezzed you may pay 2c to gain a click.
You may use ABR a second time each turn.

How about something like

"Directive
Repeat the effects of all installed directives (except this one).

Gain clicks equal to the number of agendas stolen."

I don't think he needs more directives. He needs a fucking program to use the Mutithreaders on.

Mostly a comfort thing: one to play the campaign, and another to have the cards available to non-campaign builds as I play the campaign, which I'll then offer to someone else.

The biggest question is how many for the local club?

I liked toying with Bug in early Adam builds... haven't tried a Find the Truth/Bug combo. Could be really fun as a way to play Adam differently.

I didn't thought too hard about it when I mentioned Bug, but it does fit pretty nice in Adam. Not only the Multithreader pay for the use, NAT multiaccess will help accessing any agenda it peeks.

New player here

Is there any way to get a full set of the core set cards WITHOUT buying the core set 2 more times?

Ebay.

Well that's shitty.

You can deal with having only 1 core if you're not super competitive. Most do.

I will be so fucking glad to see the back of NACH

At least Quorum's second most bullshit card at least needs someone to score to invalidate tags (he's still dumb, but NACH ever since Critic has existed is even shittier - if only because it's infinite and more specific)

Conversely NACH needs money, El Cabron (as he's being nicknamed here) needs only be installed.

NACH is the few cards I have no complains. The setup to offset the downside is slow and sometimes downright crippling. 2 clicks to score anything just to save yourself from tags? Fall guy is better, but depends on drawing them all.
It's also easily trashable by Mills.

True, but runners are pretty rich these days (and the other balancing factor in NACH's design hasn't been an issue for runners since San San)

>True, but runners are pretty rich these days

Isn't it in no small part because of cards like Aaron that allows them to do so many things without actually paying?

Wonder when will her card appear, seeing how the supreme leaders of the Big 4 have their own.

Runners were already rich before him, and even tem contracts to a certain extent. He is just the topping on the huge dessert.

What I'm wondering is if we'll see her as Sunny's boss's boss's (etc.) boss, or if she'll be a (presumably high-inf) card on the corp side

Wasn't saying he's responsible. Was more questioning (and that was a genuine question) whether and to which extent cards like him, which subvert normal econ needs, played a role in that state of being.

The security upgrade everyone seems waiting for.

What are normal econ needs though? From the beginning the game econ cards've been about turning a bigger profit from each click than the bare basic action. Some cases even turning a steady clickless profit like Underworld Contacts.

It's funny you bring Underworld Contacts. How long did it take to catch on? How long was the click-less aspect devalued, the set up need overstated, and the card unplayed?

>From the beginning the game econ cards've been about turning a bigger profit from each click than the bare basic action.

Definitely, trouble is, the efficiency does seem like it's been going up. While at the same time the ways to deal with issues without using money expanded too.

UC problem was that link was devaluated when it came out, so you had to include and install cards that were regarded as useless, it was a huge setup for a 1c/turn if you couldn't capitalize on your link. With the new advent of tracer ICE and Link/Cloud runners on the rise, the card has a solid synergy with them.
Man, Sunny is really going to miss those guys.

I actually think Aaron is over the power curve (it should probably give you the choice of tag or draw instead of both), specially compared with Human First for the same trigger, but being able to deal with certain issues without using credits is a good thing, or we would need Criminal econ level of efficiency in every deck.

I don't think that's strictly true - probably holds true if you look at builds now but if you look at the first popular Andy build using it (which was the first to gain some traction with the competitive crowd) well it appeared around O&C, and I'd say the biggest element to the kickstart was more Data Folding allowing a critical mass of drip econ to be reached.

>I actually think Aaron is over the power curve

On this I agree, definitely way over.

Choice between either tag or draw is little different to how he is now, I think, since people use him for clickless draw just as much as tag removal. He would've made less of a splash if he was 4 or 5 influence I bet, just like how you'd see less Temujin with 3 or 4 influence.

Tbf, it's not even the first time they combine tag removal with draw, Lawyer Up was there to remove those pesky Siphon tags while drawing, but it was more balanced around the credits used for it. It was really nice because the combo allowed you to draw back for the cards you just played, so you ended up with the same number of cards but 8 credits richer from the Siphon.
A similar effect could be built with Geist, it was pretty awesome to run with 2 decoys/forger, pop them during a siphon and draw 2 cards while avoiding the tags.
Now the very same effect is widespread thanks to Aaron.
Btw, with Aaron now being able to use Rachel Beckman should be easier.

No. Aaron removes the tags, not avoids them.

Aaron doesn't avoid the tags so she'd immediately get trashed regardless. Same thing with a rezzed Dedicated Response Team and a stolen agenda in Argus.

Shame.

On an unrelated topic. Brahman.
It looked like such an amazing opportunity for jank. Why am I not seeing it more? It just need some good draw, a cheap enough non virus program, and some clickless install might be desirable.
Hayley, Scheherezade (profit!), Patron? Technical Writers? Paricia? Inti?

Brahman, Scheherazade, Harbinger, Reaver, and Aesops might make a pretty decent engine I think, especially in Spycam Hayley with the instant installs. Brahman in Apex in general might be pretty cool to bounce back facedown cards you might need.

Brahman only bounces programs.

ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Daedalus_Complex_UFAQ#NEXT_Wave_2

>If the Runner uses Salsettes Slums to remove a trashed card from the game, does Maw trigger?
>Ancurprofile No, Maw does not trigger. In order to use Salsette Slums, the Runner must trash the accessed card.

But then it prevents CtM from firing?

The ruling on Biomodeled also seems sketchy.

Welp, should've read that better. Brahman in Khan + dog breakers and D4V1D maybe?

>12 inf

Maw is instead of trashing, Salsette turns your trash into a Remove

The ruling on Salsette and CtM was that, since salsette turned the trashing into a remove, then it wouldn't be trashing it anymore.
This is the same. The runner is not trashing the card, he is removing it. Why wouldn't it trigger?

Every time I see Spot the Prey it hurts. 2c? A conditional expose? Really?

Seems to be because with salsette you pay the trash cost (starting what would be a trash) and then don't actually trash the card (it doesn't end up in the bin, which is what would trigger CtM) whereas Maw Requires you to not trash at all

But it's a replacement effect, it shouldn't retain memory of whatever it's replacing.

>One of each dog and Brahman leaves 2 influence
Just need a mid-run draw effect, though even if I were being serious, I don't think you can fire Khan after Brahman's anyway since you pass the ice before the encounter ends. I guess you could cycle the dogs around or something.

Been saying it since the reveal, definitely feels over-costed to me.

from the FAQ:

>The Runner runs on a remote server against Controlling the Message, trashes an accessed Adonis Campaign, and uses the ability triggered on Salsette Slums to remove the Adonis Campaign from the game instead of trashing it.
>Controlling the Message fails to resolve because Adonis Campaign is removed from the game instead of being trashed.

Following the same logic: you accessed it. It wasn't stolen (not an agenda). It wasn't trashed since it was removed from the game instead. Maw fires.

Political Graffiti does look like an amusing way to throw a wrench into a Jemison plan.