Wanted to roll as a female raider/viking

wanted to roll as a female raider/viking

party keeps bitching saying
>no real female warriors
>no slutty armor

I can't find good examples of realistic female warriors so female characters art thread I guess?
it's always good to keep that folder updated

Other urls found in this thread:

get.google.com/albumarchive/114812500787278349555
gambargin.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I've got some.

>no real magic users
is the proper response.

Assuming high fantasy. If it's low fantasy/"""historical""" you might as well respond in character- presumably the character has long experience having to deal with that sort of thing.

>when you have to solve 8 captchas

Hiroshimoot, I'm going to fucking murder someone...

get.google.com/albumarchive/114812500787278349555

I'm too lazy to find and post more images right now, but above link has 5.5k character portraits with a decent mix of genders.

I mean Seid is a female art in Norse mythology, valkyries are women only, and shieldmaidens are all over the place.

I mean as far as warrior cultures go, vikings are the most open to women of them all short of fucking amazons.

Yep, but I bet some autist claiming that it was all made up in sagas and wasn't thing in reality when the truth is that there are both clues for and against it and it can't be ultimately proven or disproven with modern knowledgeand even if it would be, it's still fantasy ffs
i'd mildly agree with being against slutty armor, at least overly slutty, but that also depends on the setting and tone

some autist will show up shortly, i meant. Posting at 4 AM makes me forget what i was writing in the middle of sentence

Why is no one wearing a damn helm, it's like they want their brains bashed in.

I mean a group of archaeologists in Scotland found a woman buried with a Viking sword.

Unrelated to Vikings, but here's another fun fact: in the movie Gladiator, the female chariot riders weren't made up. They actually existed in ancient Rome.

Which is kinda funny since the rest of the film butchers history.

I got a few

I'm currently playing a female paladin, I'll post some of the art I'm using. Not really viking-y, but meh

They may be too poor for a helmet my man. After they're done raiding, they're going to pick up a nice helmet from a dead body. Anyways, a Finn Warrior for (You). I know it's not a Viking or Norse, but still ideas are ideas, plus she's got a helmet.

gambargin.deviantart.com/
Enter that link, user. Gambargin is THE source you want to get into if you want realistic female warriors from most cultures and time periods you could think of.
Pic releted.

yes I know its a SoB but she's just using a sword and shield and the power armor doesn't look too powered

You can't find a group that does not have underage retards in it?

Yeah, Seid, kinda like Norse-Lapp Shamaism is "womanly" but there are definitely girl warriors in Norse legend.

It hardly matters unless it is intended to be a serious historical game. Then "Girl Warrior" is a social disadvantage, though you may want to consider a more "dex" than "str" build I guess.

Supposedly the Scythians from earlyish Roman times had girl fighters, though I think they were more horse- or chariot-archers, which helps equalize the physical difference.

Cute, uploader, real cute

Lotta ladies in this thread in fancy plate with no helms. In pitched battle even LOOK HOW PRETTY I AM

Helmets are for faceless NPCs.

consider it from a narrative stand point. The ones with faces you can see are more relatable to the audience and are meant to stand out. The ones with helms, barring sick ass custom helms, are percevied as just a mass of nameless mooks. The helmless folk will have a longer life expectancy, even if it is just to give them some time before "tragically" killing them to make a point about wearing helms. The folks with helms are just going to die by the droves.

tldr; when in a fictional battle go without the helm. the audience will have more mercy on you.

For me since character art is meant to show what my character looks like, covering up his or her face kind of defeats the point. Obviously during a fight my character is going to be wearing head protection.