Tell me about Catan Veeky Forums

Tell me about Catan Veeky Forums.

Why does it wear the box?

It's a big game

It's a pretty fun game.

If I catan will you die?

It's one of the top 10 "Ruins relationships because you stabbed me in the back" games.

Try Googling "do you Catan?" It should tell you more about Catan than Veeky Forums ever could.

It didn't play so good.

First one to plead fealty to me gets to stay on my table.

I'll tell you if you trade me wood for sheep.

But seriously, how do you play it?

Trust

No

One

It is only fun in speed mode. That is, as short of turns as possible, under five seconds is preferable. The variance is less noticable as the dice are being rolled constantly, and even if you get screwed out of a game by RNG you have lost ~30min.

God mode is catan with a four way chess clock, and each player gets five minutes of time. Game ends when a player runs out of time, that player losing and then winner going to the player with the most points.

Sounds like a good way to fix a shitty game.

To be quite honest, though, I actually enjoyed it a lot when the cities and knights expansion was included

I actually really like this idea

Play to win or not at all.

Its a board-game version of Civilization with Age of Empires sprinkled on top.

It would be extremely painful

for her

How long ago was that?

It is the monopoly of younger generations.

my friend wanted to play for 15 points once

good idea?

I know this isn't the correct thread but still
Any of the Catan expansions add a combat-like component? a friend the other day made a comment that Catan as a whole isn't very exciting even if we have knights and stuff roaming around nothing to directly mess with the other players or "declare" in silence a war against others.

My disappointment that no one has posted it yet knows no bounds.

I don't know what disappoints me more, all the low-effort baneposting or your reading ability.

I'm more disappointed in yours.