Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Jump Walkers edition

Another thread

>Chipper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA ← (some fresh PDFs, hail the PDF)

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Here's the list builder, but if you've actually bothered to read this far, ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another roster making program that may or may not be a broken piece of shit
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dark eldar now welcome)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12390656/r
z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/ar/t567.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Skitarii_(7E)#Elite
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf
scribd.com/document/336978697/Wh40k-Traitor-Legions-Codex-Supplement-7e
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!

Second for militarum tempestus

Third for Alpha Legion

Remember to vote! It's your duty!

strawpoll.me/12390656/r

Fourth for Yvraine

>Aeldari
My sides

FUCK

>Aeldari

It needs no FAQ. The rules state that any Dedicated Transport gets the battlefield role of its associated unit. Land Raider Crusaders taken as Dedicated Transports are no longer Heavy Support but are Troops for all intents and purposes.

Any idea on how to paint WB like this?

Reminder nids are the biggest threat to the galaxy

Should I even bother with a chaos contemptor? They seem way overcosted for what they do.

>even the females look transexual

So it's been years since I've actually collected the models or played the game, but I've made a decent effort to keep up with the fluff and rules to a degree. This time I'm planning on picking up a bit of Tau, but I have a tendency to prefer fluff over crunch in my army lists and (at least as far as I remember), actual Battlesuits are far rarer than most army lists would have you believe.

How are Fire Warriors and Pathfinders in Devilfish as a core concept to build around these days, providing I don't really need anything beyond 'decent in average play' tiers of effectiveness? I've got the Codices and can do math-hammer but I wouldn't trust that entirely without experience.

The Dark City belong to the Mandrake now.

With a Citadel® high detail brush™ and Citadel® paints

Why do people like AdMech? They're the lamest faction in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

You want a step by step guide?

The trim looks like retributor armor with heavy silver drybrushing. Duncan has a tutorial on word bearers i think.

They've got a very centralised aesthetic in terms of the Skitarii, but I for one feel as if their models are different enough to be worth collecting larger forces of if you take varied units, beyond that the AdMech fluff is metal as fuck.

>How are Fire Warriors and Pathfinders in Devilfish as a core concept
With marker light support they're only beat in terms of value to point ratio by one other troops choice in the entire game, and that's saying something, considering all the other bullshit troops choices.

>orks are a melee race!
>i2

Old bait

Sure.

Yeah, but that's for the HH WB scheme, and I feel like Mephiston Red isn't a color you want for them. Too light.

Because they're incredibly powerful? Because they've got access to the objecitvely best troop choice in the entire game? Because they've got a neato retro 50's THEY CAME FROM MARS thing going on?

I've played against tau a bit. Pathfinders and Fire Warriors are very solid, and Devilfish have nice cover. They'll kick the shit out of most other troops, but they'll get kicked in by any melee (obviously) or heavy stuff.

>Why do people like Eldar? Every single model looks exactly the same.
>Why do people like Tau? Every single model looks exactly the same.
>Why do people like Necrons? Every single model looks exactly the same.
>Why do people like Space Marines? Every single model looks exactly the same.

It's called an aesthetic and visual coherency inside the faction. They're not meant to be like Orks where their entire design is built around "shit that never fits together and everything looks and is ramshackled and doesn't really fit with anything else".

>objectively best troop choice in the entire game
But that's not Scatbikes, user.

Why is literally every color scheme for Tempestus Stormtroopers i've seen better than the stock "pale blue" GW plasters all over them?

I can see that, particularly with a boosted BS the S5 30" becomes particularly nasty in the math-hammer in comparison to most standard arms.

So I'm considering grabbing a Fireblade as an HQ, at least initially, in a heavy mechanized infantry heavy build of FW, PF and Devilfish primarily, what would you recommend for anti-vehicle if I were to go for a truly fluffy list? Broadsides were my first go-to but the numbers don't speak too favourably for the Heavy Rail-Rifle.

True, but windriders are an exception

>different enough to be worth collecting
>when everything is just cogs and fish-tanks

So only WAACfaggots like them then? Got it.

Wrong, Tau and Eldar models all look different when the units are different, SM less so but still has varied vehicles such as Dreads vs Land Speeders and Preds vs Land Raiders.

With AdMech, everything is either a bunch of cogs with a red robe or a fish-tank.

Is there any reason to include any Sisters units in a Castellans list beyond Celestine? I'm not the sharpest pencil, but every slot seems to have better choices.

Maybe they thought giving them an ultramarine treatment would make them sell better, but half of the color schemes in the book are waaay better than the one they parade around all the time

It's not their fault they wished to emulate the Spiritual Liege.

>tfw 2d6 + 12" + rerollable first turn Maulerfiend charge
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

If you've got an airbrush this might do it; z13.invisionfree.com/The_First_Expedition/ar/t567.htm
If not, try khorne red with nuln oil wash

You don't even need sisters for Celestine if you don't like them. You can take any if the hq choices with any of the troops. Personally I like sisters, so I'm working towards building them, but if you don't like them that doesn't mean you can't run the living saint.

Okay anons, I have a question, was this cheesy as fuck or no? My friend and I were doing a 1000 point CSM vs CSM game, I was just doing Vanilla rules but he was using Thousand Son rules. He had this group of 5 TS Terminators and A Terminator Sorcerer Lord or something and he had this Daemon Prince that was attaching and detaching off of it when needed. Thing is apparently his Warlord trait allowed the unit to essentially have the 3D6 jumpack sort of movement thing going on plus all their guns were combi-bolters with AP3 and Soulblaze, so far bad but the absolute worst part was to come. He constantly put invisisble on them and it was impossible to block because every turn he had like 14 warp charges and I had 2. So basically now I could only hit them on 6s. The first thing he does though is jump them to my lascannon squad and destory them, meaning I had only one other unit (my helbrute with multi-melta) that could actually penetrate their armour 2+. So now he had an invisible squad of TS terminators with crazy bolters plus armour that I could no longer penetrate and an invisible daemon prince with some weird TS relic. Was I right to wuss out end of turn 2 after I realized I could not ever beat them?

No, I'm talking pure point to value ratio. Secutarii take that cake, no contest, beating everything from Deathwing terminator spam to eldar bikespam.

Nah, no airbrush.

Khorne Red with Nuln Oil wash sounds about right.

Base Khorne Red, wash with Nuln Oil, layer back to Khorne Red?, and then highlight with ?

Hammerheads might do you justice with the railgun, and riptides with fusion blasters could work.

Is that accounting for mobility and range?

From last thread, but out of curiosity, has there been any FAQ on the Castellans of the Imperium detachment on whether or not dedicated transports for troops get to have a chance of returning as well? As a black Templars player well before it came out, the thought of respawning Land Raider Crusaders turns me on.

It's almost like Orks are incredibly underpowered.

Well your main issue was running vanilla CSM. There's literally no reason to ever do that. You gain NOTHING by doing so, and you opt out of gaining powerful bonuses.

So, was him spamming invisability cheesy? Yes. But you don't get to complain about him outpacing you if you shot yourself in the knee before the race even started.

Don't get me wrong I love the ladies. But I really really hate metal models. The wear and tear from gaming with them is a pain in the ass.

See

I think the stock blue looks cool but the picture looks a bit better.

AdMech only have 13 units in total. Out of those, 8 are Infantry, the rest are very distinct looking Vehicles, even a Dragoon and Balistarii are very easy to differentiate and use the same chassis, or Kastelans/Tech-Priest Dominus.

The only things that look similar are the Infantry variants they have, so Ranger/Vanguard, Destroyer/Breacher, Infiltrator/Ruststalker and Fulgurite/Corpuscarii. Even amongst those, only the different mirror pieces look similar to each other due to using the same base and usually only carrying different guns, but not more so than different Crisis suit variants or Firewarrior variants or Eldar units wearing their Aspect armor or whatever is called with different equipment.

At least AdMech big stuff doesn't look like their smaller stuff scaled up, like Riptides and Wraithknights.

Secutarii are Elites. The only AdMech troops are Rangers, Vanguards, Destroyers and Breachers. Vanguards are probably the best "mob unit" that you are meant to use in large numbers but not always the best Troop choice available.

I'm not so keen on the Riptide due to its gross misrepresentation in the fluff in my opinion, as well as them being so rare that Jo'Sh'mo Sub-Cadre #012345 probably isn't going to have anything bigger than a Broadside walking knee-to-shoulder with the Fire Warriors.

I don't own the TL book cause spent money on premium hentai and too lazy to torrent it.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can't attach monstrous creatures to units.

Maybe try fire dragon bright.

>he had this Daemon Prince that was attaching and detaching off of it when needed.
Learn the rules first, then complain about cheesy.

Be a fool like me and convert them. Honestly at this point I almost wonder if I would have been better off buying metal models, but things are finally starting to come together now. I'll have a few squads finished by the end of the week if all goes well.

Yes. They gave them the basic skitarii profile, despite their absurd firepower, so you end up with something that's faster than most troops (crusader), more durable than most troops (their shield generators), has relentless, and their guns have 3 firing modes that make them effective against literally any infantry up to and including demon princes, while still being effective against blobs due to volume of fire. If you want the long form of the argument, check out their entry here 1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Skitarii_(7E)#Elite . Note that they're Elites in the army list, but can be taken as troops with formations.

Yes, they're slightly slower than jetbikes, but they're faster than most troops while still being quite tough and dangerous, and comparatively cheap.

They're effective to the point of being broken.

Different user here and just out of curiosity and laziness of searching for the exact rule:

Since you can't attach characters to units with MCs in them (like is the case with for example Kastelan Robots and a Tech-Priest), would you still be able to attach a theoretical MC Independant Character to a unit containing other MCs? Has such a situation even occured yet?

So he was cheating too. KEK. I was a bit skeptical but he knew rules better than I. We both have only played for about 6 months but still annoying.

Well then you're losing because you're lazy. There are a thousand places you can get it, and at least three places you can see the rules without downloading anything.

Eh, I think 36" range JSJ still beats that out.

An MC independent character could, but I don't believe there is one.

I do not undestand you question, but a tech priest can join kastellans if you use the formation for it.

At what point is playing a riptide wing socially acceptable? Faggots gonna complain and then play like 3 or 4 AV14 faggots. Let's be real, when is it ok?

>part of formations
>1d4chan as source

There are official rules and they never state anything of the likes:
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf

Slight correction, an MC independent could join a regular unit, but not another MC.

>tfw he can't find the pdf just by googling Traitor legions pdf
The Russians have everything

>Eh, I think 36" range JSJ still beats that out.
It objectively does not. Granted there are certain situations in which the added mobility will save the bikes, but unless you're on an apocalypse board, the bikes are only being to be able to run so far. Keep in mind that skitarii tend to walk forward as one giant line of death, so the bikes only have so many places to run. The gap is shrinking quickly every single turn (infantry movement, plus running, plus crusader). Skitarii along with tau are actually the best way to shut down any Eldar fucker who keeps bringing a bike cheese list.

>FW
>canon rules
KEK

The only people who are okay with it are the same people that are also playing a high/top tier army and bringing their strongest units.

Everyone else will be upset no matter what. Find some tourney players or only bring 1 Riptide.

>Secutarii
>Canon unit
TOP FUCKIN KEK

Wouldn't they just use the 48" movement to switch sides when they get close?

I think they're some of the coolest looking but I love the cloaks/hoods and tech-priest self augmentation stuff. Also as someone that likes IG but hates tank spam, they give me large numbers of infantry that don't rely on tanks.

>40k
>having canon
TOPPEST FUCKING POWER KEKS

Is this a good one?
scribd.com/document/336978697/Wh40k-Traitor-Legions-Codex-Supplement-7e

I've dealt with one. They're a complete pain in the ass but they can be handled.

>scribd
>instead of the gift of free Russians
Кeк!

Fine but that makes me somewhat regret having 2 riptides... Well then when is it socially acceptable to bring in 2 riptides? maybe run one in firebase support and the other in a hunter cadre?

>the concept of canonical truth
>in this world we live in
KEKKED MY SIDES TO FUCKING NEPTUNE

Sure, at which point they're either fucked because the Skitarii player stagger his lines, or because the army has reached the point where the close ranged shooting can hit your deployment zone and everything there is now dead so the long range shooting can now muder your bikes, or they get assaulted and pinned by something to hold them still for a turn until the rest of the army is done mopping up.

mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

Or just be on Veeky Forums 1 hour a day.

Taufag here. Going to be playing a game soon-ish against necron. Trying a different tactic, going to be keeping stock gun drones on my vehicles and detaching them, along with several minimum squads of four drones running interference. How long can I expect drones to keep a destroyer locked in combat? I know against scarabs they trade fairly evenly.

Well it's low quality as fuck for one thing.

Seriously dude, just google the following words

"warhammer codex ru"

>Play Tau
>Bring Riptides and Stormsurges
>Roughly even winrate against Eldar, Chaos flavors, most SM codexes, and IK lists
>But people complain about my big guys

>Decide to stop bringing them because I want my opponent to have fun too
>I can no longer beat any of the aforementioned codexes, nearly a 0% winrate and games where I get tabled before Turn 4 are common
>Have trouble against Orks, Nids, and DE, they beat me more than I beat them unless I coincidentally bring a hard counter list

What am I supposed to do as Tau?

I don't really see why you guys are even comparing which is the better Troop choice at this point when Secutarii have no rules ever asigning them as Troops.

Fag.

>playing Tau
Kek!

>the abstract idea of thought defining your perception as it applies to internal information
>in a 4th dimensional space
OUR RELATIVE PLANE CAN NO LONGER HOLD THESE KEKS

>he called him a faggot
TOP FUCKING KEK

Lay down and cry, the only units that keep tau viable are cancer

>play most meta variant of army
>do good and win
>people adjust accordingly, even low-tier codices
>decide to switch to casual lists
>get stomped by the now cutthroat local meta
It's not really a surprise

Kroot, Vespid, and Fire Warriors only

Devil Fish to get more Kroot into position

Bring 2 see how it goes, but it's like this user said people are going to complain no matter what.

I don't know why people hate the Tau so much even though they aren't the current best. There's just something about a Riptide or Stormsurge that rumps all the roasts. My guess is it's because they aren't fun to play against even if you win.

Because you're totally correct, and I forgot that secutarii are elites, but I'm anonymous so I'm not held accountable to honesty, so instead of admitting it and moving on I can keep acting like a ridiculous cunt.

>all Tau is cancer
LMAO MY KEKING SIDES JUST EXPLODED

Drop the stormsurge you massive faggot. Keep a single riptide unless its 1850+ points.

And play smart. Even though this is low quality bait there is no reason proper positioning and use of markerlights shouldn't secure you a win every time.

>stormsurges are OP
Kek!

>somebody admitting they got something wrong instead of starting a shitposting spree in /40kg/
Well this is a rare situation indeed.

I'm not a tau player, but don't they have some truly bullshit formations with their new stealth battlesuit thing? Plus, markelight + firewarriors leads to some of the most point efficient shooting in the game. Plus you've got kroot conga lines, loads of auxiliary forces, lots of deepstriking, and solid counters for pretty much every cheese list that exists. The only think you can't fuck over is psychic. desu senpai your codex is probably more spoiled for choice than anyone save the vanilla marines, and perhaps CSM now that they have like 11 books to work with.

Yeah I played a guy 1200 points the other day and I brought one riptide and all I had was 1 riptide with 2 wounds and a ghostkeel at turn 5. Pretty much tabled considering he had like 4 obliterators, a warpsmith, and his land raider still on the board

we've gone too far