Cyoa general Thread

Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
old thread

now post waifu cyoas, all of them

Postan Beri's Magical Girl CYOA to go with the OC from last thread.

Page 1/5.

Page 2/5.

Page 3/5.

Page 4/5.

Page 5/5.

is it 20 selected ranks + free ranks from my will or 20 ranks in total

>Are the free ranks free or not?

What does the Power Substitution thing mean?

I think it means something like "instead of eating/sleeping/etc, you can consume this".

Huh. Well, that's neat I guess. Wouldn't have guessed that it would be worth Level 5 though.

Camwhore Supreme
The King of Games
Information Gigahighway

Are CYOAs dead?

Not really it just takes time to make new OC especially considering the current trend of large multi-page CYOAs, stuff like pic related hasn't been in vogue lately

Interest in CYOAs is still high considering every general we have makes it to the bump limit

>Name : Dino Koptos
>Profession : Smuggler (Stealth Piloting, Bribery)
Life on the frontier can be good if you know who needs what, when and where. That is, until you load up the wrong goods at the wrong spaceport after greasing up the wrong hands. Early retirement, maybe I had a big bounty on my ass, or he could have been on hot water needing an out himself. Regardless, he sold me.

>Basic Skills : Small Arms, Stealth, Disguise, Escape, Charm, Public Speaking, Bluffing, Chameleon, Languages
I was CEO, CFO, CXO, COO, Top Earner and Employee of the Month of my own trading company, the Koptos Fine Herbs and Spices Company. I've picked up a few customs on my many runs.
>Advanced Skills : Stamina, Piloting, Shielding, Maintenance, Navigation, Drones
I took a couple of courses on Navigation Academy. You wouldn't believe the profit margins when your AI crew works for basically free.
>Master Skills : Empathy, Politics, Business Management
My income was insane before I got caught. I was about to end my payments on the ship, the Night Dove, when they caught me. Bastards.

>Gear : Hydra 2120, Reichardt 6,Phantom, Overseer, Don't Panic
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But still, cutting deals with individuals of a less than lawful persuasion does mean coming strapped. I'd rather flee than fight, however. phantom and overseer have allowed me to avoid both law enforcement and rival brokers.
>Augs : Ocular Implant, Neural Enhancer, Respiratory Bypass, Audial Implant
Always ready to crunch some numbers.

>Perks : Expert, Connected, Fully Manned
>Flaw : Compulsion
Our escape went rather well. And that is bad. Fewer survivors would mean a higher pay out when/if we get out of here alive. I'm used to flying solo, they are cramping my style damnit.

I can't best them using brute force. Best I can hope for is some cooperation until we can buy new ids and be on our own merry way. Then maybe I can start rebuilding my company, getting patsies for the fallout this time around.

Rolled 54, 36, 31, 9, 54, 28, 25, 18, 2, 2 = 259 (10d55)

>Surplus Gear : Clothes, EVA Suits, Weaponry
>Ship : Freighter
>Extras : Sickbay, Jump Drive, APC
Seems this was a trading ship until whatever got'em...got'em. Plenty of corpses, and not to speak of that poor dog. A quick sweep suggests it was mutiny due to starvation after becoming stranded. How odd that both navi and comms was down. We could fix Navi by cannibalizing what was left on the bridge of the old ship but Comms is off; we won't be able to enter any major port until we get new comms and new credentials.

On the Hangar we found enough weapons to take a small country, an APC and some broken containment cells for storing live subjects. Some kind of exotic fur trading ship maybe?

>Location : Lawless Space
This whole sector is dilapidating as we speak. Governments come and go, the social elite make mad grabs for power only to lose it all the next morning. In these weird dangerous times, only us the middlemen can thrive. Until we get too big and are cannibalized by our fellow middlemen at any rate.

Sadly, us middlemen work for both sides of the spectrum. Before I left the prison ship, I could see the chatlog of the ex-warden. Seems they left someone behind, and now that someone is out for revenge.

Our first goal is simple; get to the safest earliest habitable planet and resupply. Then we can take this ship to one of the many ID Forgers and get a new alibi. I can call a couple of favors but even then I might have to give the entire ship as collateral. That is, assuming we can get there on one piece. There are two remaining unknowns in this equation; our pursuer and the "crew" on this ship of the damned. the damned good lookin'

Thankfully I could salvage some of the records from the prison ship, so these unknowns should be clear pretty soon.

Rolling for : Pursuer (First Roll, (x-5)/5) and crew mates, (Second to tenth rolls, skip to next for duplicates)

> Pursuer, Peter Wolsey
I remember, it was a big case a ways back then. Human rights activist turned guerrilla rebel. Then the poster boy for the Collective's controversial mental rehabilitation program. They argued his personality was still intact but we could all see the fire gone from his eyes. Now that the Collective is falling and their methods have so much bad blood on them they actually incite active rebellion, Wolsey remains an outdated artefact with too much history, quickly swoop under the rug lest they incur the wrath of the people. A tool that outlived his field. But the tool remains sharp nonetheless.

Wolsey likely doesn't have much of a budget, but considering his mental conditioning he and his crew likely do it for free. We will need to force him into an open confrontation, maybe feeding him fake intel to gain an advantage. We can outrun him but he will never give up the chase. There aren't many tasks that he could be assigned to without major public backlash. We are his only objective, so he will pursue us to ends of the galaxy if necessary. He knows no pain, no fear no discomfort, but also no glory or joy. That's all The Man could spare for us, a forgotten relic from bygone days.

Ah goddamn, I miscounted, it's 65 waifus not 55. Rerolling.

Rolled 43, 65, 22, 61, 57, 3, 58, 52, 29 = 390 (9d65)

Apparently, Dice can't have leading spaces or it doesn't count.

As someone who has been here since the 3rd thread, before CYOA was even a name for these things, current Anons are spoiled by the quantity of OC. There have been far sparser times for new content.
One could argue that the authors have settled into a familiar format, but that is mostly because only certain types of CYOAs get enough support from the community to make it worth the effort to make.

>Cause
Power

>Food
Sanity

>Drawbacks
Strong Victims
Untouchable: Innocent
Progression

I now have 27 points

>Realm
Hotel Sized

>Minion
4 individual minions

>Powers
Unseen Force
Figments
Ghost Sounds
Nightmares
Spatial Distortions
Corruption
Time distortion

We practically drown in new OC, sometimes i don't even have time to read all the new CYOAs and leave them for the next day.

Yup. You didn't make any so they died.

>tfw you stop making a cyoa because you finished your concept and youre too lazy to work on details or graphics

I guess I'll keep on posting my build for this until it stops getting posted.

Spook
Mental++++
Social+
Physical+

Stay under the radar when not killing Pact members, etc etc.

Thankfully most are not Traveler length.
There are only so many of those that I can handle reading.

What I have been doing lately is saving myself the trouble of posting builds, since only one out of five of them get a reply, unless I intentionally bait for '(You)'s

Honestly Anons, do you read other people's builds?

>Go 8 threads in a row with a grand total of TWO (2) OCs posted.
>One thread happens to be the thread where all the authors finally got their shit together and now here's 5 new multi-page CYOAs and a couple of one-pagers.
I don't have a problem with starvation times between bouts of OC, but you're an idiot if you think we "practically drown" in it.

If I make a CYOA build, I read other people's builds for that CYOA. Otherwise, usually not.

>Honestly Anons, do you read other people's builds?
I'm sad to say I stopped a while ago. Most post their picks without saying why. That type of build is meaningless, at least write a little!

Yes if it is a CYOA that im interested in.
It could give me an example of something I never would have think about or an alternative way to create something I was think in a different way

I try to at least skim most of them, but like says, I tend to not pay much mind to builds that don't have any writing or thought put into them.

Whats this CYOA about?
Maybe gamble and throw the concept to the community, someone could finish your work

I don't think there are ever threads with 0 OC.

Yeah, i don't have time to post my builds those days. And i usually only read other people's builds if they already sparked a discussions coming to them trough links in replies.

7 Perks
Redesign Twice, Charisma once, Lifespan Twice, Income twice. The powers don't seem good enough to justify trading away perks, considering you can become an immortal wealthy shapeshifter pretty easily

>I don't think there are ever threads with 0 OC

I am of the opinion that we get a ton of new content, but if you think that there is OC every thread, you just aren't recognizing obscure old stuff.

I read them only when I don't understand something about the cyoa e.g. I don't know if A is necessary to take B.

n-no, it's a secret

For comfy, waifu, and lewd CYOAs, never. I generally ignore multi-post builds, too, unless they're for a CYOA I like. For the rest, I at least skim them.

I only post builds as a show of interest for CYOA authors, not for replies. Let them know that their work is appreciated.

Thanks for all the replies.
I think I might post my builds again and just focus on describing the reasons for my choices.

>Honestly Anons, do you read other people's builds?

No, but I'm a really selfish person.

Can I have more than one crime? I want to be the public enemy number 1

I recognize it, OC is usually marked by "OC" or "i made this new thing". I won't confuse a silently posted CYOA that i never seen with OC.

Do you even read Perks section.

>Form
Demon - Demonic Strength
>Immortality
Regeneration
>Location
Island
>Powers
Cult
Durability
Presence
Magical Defense
Trapped
Vanishing
Temptation
>Weaknesses
Nocturnal
Rare Material

A picturesque tropical island resort staffed by my cult members, during the day I play the role of the owner/manager but at night this paradise becomes a nightmare as i rape virgins and slaughter the innocent teens who came here to have the spring break of their lives

Classic B movie style

>Rurik Boykov
His loyalty is to his former dead masters. It should be trivial to enlist his survivalist skills by offering him safe passage to his homeworld. Then I leave him stranded once he has outlived his usefulness. I could probably instigate some hostility between him and the other crew members with political talk so I get minimal backlash for my actions.

>Hawk
Probably only sticking around until we can get Wosley. He's SO getting set up as a bait.

>Chloe Brewster
What's up with all the murderers? Yeah I knew Brewster. Loose cannon, unsheathed sword, flame that burns bright, it was obvious she was gonna be abandoned. She's hot stuff, too much blood. I can promise her new IDs, but she needs a new purpose. Saw her sulking on her cell, didn't even bust a single cap once the mutiny got going. Mid life crisis. Crime was her only vice, and you know what they say about bad habits.
Personally, I'm not interested. I've seen the blood on her hands and she has seen the brown on my nose. We have no chemistry and a cold history. But maybe someone new, or a new vice. Had I sprung her out maybe I could get her on the camaraderie train but alas.

>Eliza Cooper
She's a nice apple way past her expiration date. Blackmail holds little power when it's social connections are cut. In short, she's dead weight. She might be a good liar but I got her by the pussy here. Maybe under different circumstances she could have been an asset. Still, maybe I could use a shill in this.

>Robert Walker
Now why would a political prisoner be put on the same ship as mass murderers and hard criminals. This goddamn makes no sense. He reminds me of a young Wolsey, if he was 50 years older. Also dead weight, but his apples are nice and shiny so he gets the VIP treatment until we get to the market knowwhatimsayin'?

I was on board until the rape and murder part. Unless we're talking mind rape, because I'm cool with that.

I essentially do the same "vacation resort staffed by cult" thing for another CYOA and I've always been fond of the idea

>Mary Palmer
Never heard of her, not my circle. Still, I'm already used to leave the nitty-gritty repair work to AIs and only supervise on managerial level so so she can operate with the freedom she's used to.
Even with new IDs she has enough history and personality issues she would end up in prison anyway. We have actual chemistry in modus operandi, she might be a keeper even if it's a little costier than AI.

>Amanda Fox
Now I'm starting to get why they would even send a squadron to track down a broken ship on the boonies of space. This was an space gulag for people too bothersome to be kept in a city yet with enough skeletons to be kept alive. Compared to them my own crimes are peanuts, maybe I should just take a fighter and leave them to face the music. Nah, Wolsey would still track me, nothing better for him to do. Still, my many years in the trading business have taught me to tell when a merchandise is too hot. And, when the current administration is over their lot will also be spoiled. We need to get them and their skeletons fast to info brokers when their info is still good enough to take down a few heads. Fox will help me, and maybe I can get some shred of actual loyalty out of Rurik. Hell, I could even turn Brewster's hate towards The Man without needing to romance her at all.

>Debby Benson
Another goddamned guerrilla rebel/hot headed woman/hopeless romantic. That makes it a hat trick. I miss when I was smuggling drugs and guns.

>You Jeong
AH WHAT DID I JUST FUCKING SAY
This ship might as well be named the We Hate the Gubmint Guerrilla Resistance Waifu Barge. Can't wait till I sell their secrets to my contacts, or the government gives me a better offer. They might be better fighters, mechanics, rhetorics, agents, pilots and all, but only I know how to Navigate(and turn a profit).

Only of the CYOA I'm making a build of, and that's only if they aren't 7 posts long atrocities.

>Ascension
Terrestrial - the Major Themes are nice, but I'd rather spend my time out in the world using my powers rather than stuck up in the Godly Plane most of the time.

>Minor Themes
The Moon
Prophecy
Debauchery
Creativity
Beauty
Health

That's just public enemy, A public enemy, not public enemy number 1, I want to be the number 1

oh my sweet summer child

I can tell from the description of Death that the author has never been to r9k.
Also humans are an ungrateful bunch and just being associated with death, even in a supposedly positive way, will mean being cast as the villain in an innumerable amount of works of fiction.

I think I'll go with Terrestrial and as my themes I'll pick:
>Hunting
>Entertainment
>Debauchery
>Creativity
>Beauty
>Health

Would have liked Home too, but I don't think it quite fits with some (one, you know which) of the others. And I like all the others too, anyway.

That's up to you to build your own legend. I guess taking Strategy would be best to make proper plan to become the most wanted man in the galaxy and some social skills for good PR skills to get good publicity.

Celestial
Magic
Wisdom
Offense
Defense
Prophecy
Cunning

>Implying that playing tabletop games and cards with your bro Hades ain't the hottest shit
Just don't let him buy the snacks and don't play with real money on the line and you're good.

Magical /u/"s, yay! And now, a melee build focusing on magical rites.

>Age

Old

>Well

Joy

>Magical rites (20)

Warp C (free)
Tempora B (18)
Scale S (14)
Conjure C (free)
Arma S (10)
Shock B (9)
Crysta C (free)
Form S (5)
Blood A (2)

>Physical Rites and Mental

Agility C (free)
Mind A (0)
Reserves S (-3)

>Tool

Tome (0)

>Outfit

Thematic: Arma
Strange Age: give me young affinity

>Companion

Gooey

>Issues
Help People
Defeat Kaiju
Save the World

Well I decided to go full demon so why not
Also I modeled my modus operandi for this CYOA off of B-Horror movies from the 70's and 80's so gratuitous sex and violence abound

>Ascension
Terrestrial

>Themes
The Moon
Justice
Marriage
Beauty
Health
The Home

Honestly terrestrial seems like more fun, and I've always found the Moon pretty interesting when being part of a pantheon or mythology. I'd have two sides as a God, the one centered on love, and one centered on revenge when one of the lovers is killed/murdered

I really want to do Changeling. If it works how I imagine it does, then my build is...
>Changeling (8)
>Elemantalism Sorcerer (3)
>Physical to ++ (1)
>Social to + (0)
>Final Stats: Mental ++, Physical ++, Social +

If Changeling is Beast Boy style and doesn't allow for in-between stages of change, I wouldn't go for it. Instead I'd choose Storm. I like Psionic and Spook, both teleportation and mindfucks being my go to options, but they come with too much baggage and not enough raw power. I could make it work, but drinking blood and fighting a shadow war with the Pact don't appeal to me

Misspoke, I meant the sneakiness of Spook is my style. If I were to choose Spook, I'd also choose Translocation, hence the teleportation comment

It means you can use that element as well as the default one.

Wasn't implying any such thing. But there are those who would. Or rather do. Like Disney. Or Nintendo.

Guess I have time to finish mine, then.

Lewd behavior, astute

Exp: strategy, unarmed, evasion
Adv: durability, stamina, small arms, stealth, escape, small unit tactics
basic: boarding, navigation, internal defense, shielding, leadership, bluffing, charm, heavy weapon, empathy

new body
advanced ship

TCS A-08
noble 550
Intruder
medical kit
guide book
breach boy
Juggernaut
Polaris

Gold
Tactical aI
Weaponry

Explorer

Hydroponics
sickbay
jump drive
sensors
Cloak

lawless space collective
Amy robbins

Dean faulkner - vigilante leader/fighter
Mary palmer - assault engineer
Garbriela Ibarra - deserting pilot
Jesse Poole - greenery and poison specalist
Erlea Barrios - friendship sex missionary
olvia pope - voyeur
Gustaf Seidel - poacher

>Sacrifice
Beloved Parent
>Desire
Pleasure
>Human Form
Aspect of Terror
>Apostolic Incarnation
Demonic - Monstrous Size 30ft
>Apostolic Abilities
Partial Incarnation
Sorcery
Enhanced Regeneration
Crystalline Plating
>Abyssal Abilities
Illusory Projection
>Apostle Spawn
Section - Circumstantial Form

Imagine this dude but the bone is diamond and he has a huge throbbing erection

What CYOA would you want to turn into a game?

Slut Life

Battlemage or Monster Hunter

Overlord, Domain Master, Dark Lord, Arch Demon, Dark God, & Kingdom Wizard.

I'm writting a Hunter x Hunter CYOA

Cautious optimism.

Monster Hunter, Battlemage, A New Magical Girl, Ascension have all been on my list of "CYOAs I would totally draft mechanics for if asked" for a while. There's a couple of others as well.

Also, the CYOA CCG

What CYOA would you most want to be real

For me it's a tie between Sex Magic, Time Stop Chill Zone and pic related

Either Time Stop Chill Zone or pic related.

HUNTING FOR YOUR DREAMS

>no dhampir cyoa

I forgot about Simulated Universe
It replaces Yggdrasil in my list

>No Castlemania Castle Building CYOA

Man people never want to turn my CYOAs into a game.

What CYOAs have you done? Many CYOAs are just narrative and don't really have that "spark" that goes "man I'd love to fucking play this as a game".

a crappy thing, made by a crappy user.

>My word is my bond

Pact
Physical 1
Mental 2
Social 2
Translocation sorcery

Make deals with everyone. Except Spook scum, who have bounties on their head. Use translocation to stay safe, and eventually summon demons I have deals with.

Same. That might change with my next few projects, though they may take a while to produce. However, I hope to have one piece of OC done by the end of the week. Just need to find pictures of communist bees.

>CYOAs
>worth the effort to make
hurr

But that doesn't make sense. Fire's Energy Substitution is just Fire.

Yea, Time-Stop Chill Zone is definitely my #1 "wish this was real" CYOA.

Posting my build too just because -
>Room Type
An airy beach house with a very modern design perched on a low cliff overlooking the ocean.

>Entrance method
Instant hole

>Physical Items
Auto Veeky Forums
Jam session
200% Comfy
NormieStation
Fully Loaded
Veeky Forums hell yea
L-LEWD!!
Veeky Forumsbulous
Ocean Man
Aesthetics
/out/ - a temperate south pacific island with white sand beaches, pleasant forests filled with wildlife, and tall snow-capped mountains at its center (with skii slopes accessible by car). No annoying insects or dangerous wildlife/sealife.

>Abilities/Extras
Be The Girl
Lesbify (1)
Redesign (2)
Lasting Effects (2)
Reality Convert (2)
All Along (2)
Life Reset (2)
Charm Cognition (2)
Never Let Go (3)
Believe It (1)

Go back and give the Zone to myself just out of high school. Move all of my closest friends to my pocket-dimension hideaway and enjoy a life of hedonism and relaxation (with the opportunity to use my world's resources to help people out when necessary - I do have unlimited food, guns, and cars I can give away...)

Mostly it'd be wild sex parties, though.

>Sacrifice a Treasured lover
>Desire of War
>Aspect of Sin
>Human Incarnation

>Sorcery, Spacial Distortion, Telekinetic Ward, Enhanced Regeneration.

>Fragmented Self Spawn.
(apprentice and backup in one).

But do they all have different movement speeds? If not, Pluto because small hitbox.

What does this picture inspire in you when you see it?

Curiosity. Are the dragon and little goblin thing working together, or what? If so, that's quite an interesting idea, having a legendary creature be bait while a common one slits everyone's throats.

>1920x1071
>1071
Annoyance.

>making shit no one responds to is fun
hurr

>Asecension
Celestial
I need to be strong to care for my people.
>Major Themes
Love, Fertility, Agriculture, and Death
Let the seeds sprout, grow into fruition, and return to the earth to give new life a chance.
>Minor Themes
Marriage and Health
To live a long life with their love is one of the greatest gifts one can ask.