Measuring alts in sats

>measuring alts in sats

>measuring your alts in USDT

USD values fluctuate rapidly by reference, sats are constant.

i guarantee the chad investors don't care about sats.

>measuring your alts in DOGE.

What the fuck is a sat?

Do you mean 20 USD or something else?

>implying alts are anything more than just shicoins used to gamble for more btc
Shitcoiners have deluded themselves into thinking that fiat is all that matters when just 2 months ago everyone talked about sats, but now that btc ralleyed and left everyone else in the dust all of a sudden fiat is better to use amirite? Keep hodling them shitcoins faggots

Yes because bitcoin is very stable

Satoshi is just an edgy way to convey cents on the bitcoin dollar. For example if I have 0.9999 btc then I have 9999 satoshis

>Shitcoiners have deluded themselves into thinking that fiat is all that matters
Well if that's not the case, then why is BTC itself measured in fiat?

>What the fuck is a sat?
A satoshi. Look it up.
Another way of saying "Bitcoin".

brainlet detected

you sure about that?

Seriously?
Satfags giving up? Finally seeing the light?

Only guy that even tried to put up a fight was and he scurried away after one reply.

>measuring

If you buy a Lambo within the next 5 years, you'll more than likely be buying it in fiat.

>not measuring your fiat in BTC

FROGPOSTER NO

Lol, this nerd shit.

So a sat is 0.0001 BTC?

Why not use the value with the roman number for 1000? Like /M? Like 100 """sat""" is is 100/M

Who the fuck would name a denomination for a fake person? Who the fuck actually made a "sat" an actual unit of measurement? This is a financial instrument with billions of dolllars in it, it has a special name for a fraction?!

So BTC fractions are called something other than what math identifies it as?

Why is that?

a sat is .00000001 playa

>not keeping your fridge in the ketchup

What a bunch of bullshit. You measure btc in fiat you retard. Might as well just skip the btc middleman when valuing alts and just measure directly in fiat since you're going to cash out anyways. Don't pretend like you can use btc to buy anything, fees and speed make it untenable.

Did you know that XRP outperformed bubblecoin this year? I bet you didn't. You literally would have made more money by buying XRP at the beginning of the year than buying btc. And guess what? XRP can be traded in fiat pairs. No bubblecoin necessary. For many alts that outperform your shitty dinosaurcoin, it doesn't even make sense to value in sats. At all. It's just an added layer of complexity, and for no good reason.

You're a faggot.

HALF THE FUCKING MARKET IS NOW FUCKING ALTS, HALF. How long will this have to go before BTC fucks shut their fucking whore mouths Jesus Christ. ALTS ARE HERE TO STAY. Like it or not.

if you measure your alts in fiat you're going to make stupid trades because you think you're up when you're down. measure them against the trading pair they trade against for trading. it's fine to count them up in usd in your folio or whatever but don't use that to make trading decisions

I use sats because I wanna see if I'm making money compared to if I just invested in BTC. It's how I see if I'm doing better or worse than the normies

Lol the amount of dumb money coming in is amazing.
Only increasing my positions
Sats matter, you are a fucking moron if you think otherwise

> because you think you're up when you're down
Wrong.
If you're up in fiat, then you're up in fiat. End of story.

>Sats matter
Enlighten us user; how are sats valued?

>I use sats because I wanna see if I'm making money compared to if I just invested in BTC.
Why not compared to if you just invested in Apple?

don't know dude. why do engineering and construction idiots use milli meters and meters and centi meters. hibt?

> buy 2 btc worth of wtc on aug 31st at 0.00013157
>sell at 0.00190783
Roughly a x10 or so.
Hmm lets see thats 20btc you own now
Hmmm 20 btc is worth $375k roughly atm
You would have far less my friend had you held wtc

But i do agree that xrp to fiat is great and i hope ltc can start paring with other alts

>sats dont fluctuate
>Bitcoin went from 5k to 20k making all alts tank in sats to a non recoverable level
>meanwhile USD may have fluctuated by a cent

We get you dont like the USD because of the guvmint but its seriously the only way to accurately measure prices.

That's because chad investors don't give a shit about alts

>You would have far less my friend had you held wtc
Lmao, what the hell do you mean?
You mean you wouldn't have 20 btc if you didn't trade that wtc for btc?

>Hmmm 20 btc is worth $375k roughly atm
Exactly.
You measure btc in USD.
So anything you measure in btc, you are automatically and ALWAYS measuring in USD as well.

Brainlet detected

This.

Bitcoin will be obsolete soon enough as its pretty much all owned by a company, its slow as fuck, huge transaction fees etc. Merchants like Steam can't even accept it anymore because of these reasons.

Theres already alts that offer a feeless, fast alternative and when those catch on bitcoin is going bye bye.

You are beyond dumb hahahaha oh my god im fucking dying

Answer the question, big boi.

"You mean you wouldn't have 20 btc if you didn't trade that wtc for btc?"

Answer it. Please.

>naming your denomination after fucking Ash Ketchum from Pokemon
cringy desu

Yeah ok.
You just posted a picture proving you're just a salty ancap so your hate for the government trumps any logic and reasoning.

Go to coin mktcap. Look at wtc. Look at the orange line. Hahaha oh my goodness

ITT people too dumb to get it

everything gets measured in sats, because BTC is the only stable long term hold.

the game is played by sticking to BTC, finding an alt you think will for a moment grow at a faster rate than BTC, and then flip it for more BTC.

fiat is a meaningless unit of measurement for any crypto other than BTC, because BTC acts as the index for the whole space. sat value is all that matters in this game, because the name of the game is "always acquire more BTC"

nubs

Answer the question.
Why are you afraid?

>because BTC is the only stable long term hold
>stable

This

Don't expect these nubs to get it tho lol

We should really stop helping these .005 btc owners

Ya they'll never get it. They don't understand all their precious alt coins can only exist because BTC is doing the work of underwriting the value for everything else in crypto. There needs to be one bloated, expensive, and slow af PoW system to underwrite the wealth of the crypto space, so that all the other coins can focus on serving their purpose.

Get on your knees and kiss the king's feet nocoiners.

>the name of the game is "always acquire more BTC"
And BTC is valued in fiat.

BTC will be replaced.

It has too many problems that wont be solved.

When someone comes out with a feeless and fast alternative (already happenening) it will eventually replace BTC

So no answer.
Let me help you: you were basically saying "if you don't turn your alt into BTC, you won't have much BTC".

The absolute state of your brain, lmao.

Only to normies. I don't care what my BTC is worth, all I care is that I acquire more of it. When every normie on every block is scrambling for the scraps of BTC left over for them you'll understand. For now keep thinking in fiat and be happy with your tiny stack.

>Only to normies.
To everyone. Including you.

>all I care is that I acquire more of it
... because it's worth money.

Most alts made more money in 2017 than BTC for the same investment. Which is actually one of the major problems with comparing anything to BTC in general.

LTC ran circles around BTC in 2017.

>I don't care what my BTC is worth
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>... because it's worth money.

No because its worth BTC... you don't get it yet.

Our current age is coming to an end. Over the next couple decades, there will be no fiat. The nation states and banks of the world will find themselves faced with an existential crises, and they will lose because what they offer is worthless relative what blockchains will have enabled for us.

This is a new era. You're thinking way too small if you still care about fiat.

This is false. LTC is still not over the 0.02 sat ATH. You would still have been better off in BTC.

Delusional normies.

>No because its worth BTC
So why is BTC valued in fiat?

no nigger a sat is .00000001

it isn't for long

>This is false.
There have been a lot of alts that did a lot better than BTC though.

When BTC replaces fiat as the de facto ruler of the world, then we'll talk.
For now, BTC is measured in fiat. Just like all crypto. Just like everything in existence.

Are you on fucking medication?

Even ETH completely destroyed BTC for the same investment amount in January 2017. Like its not even close.

BTC was raveaged hard in the ass by LTC too. LIke BTC might as well not even exist. LTC was sooo cheap in January

Are you fucking retarded?

Hold up, this guy has to be trolling HAHAHA

ETH is still not over the 0.2 ATH as well.

You, again, would have been better off in BTC.

The only point of alts is to get more BTC. Alts are a giant scam.

Because normies need some way to grasp its value while fiat still runs our world. Those days are numbered, and once you free yourself of thinking in fiat, that's when you start to win at this game.

You're welcome to be happy with your fiat gains. There's plenty to go around. I'll continue focusing on increasing my BTC position. Those hoarding BTC will be among the ruling class in the new age. Those holding alts will have to be happy with their scraps.

>Alts are a giant scam
do you know what the word scam means?

I'm not gonna wait decades

Mother fucker do you want to make money or not you fucking moron. ETH was worth less than 10 USD in January Now its 700.

BTC was 1200-1800 right?
Have any Idea how many ETH you could have got for 1800 when it was like 7 bucks a pop?

> You, again, would have been better off in BTC.

Then shut the fuck up with your shit arguments. Are you going to tell me that more oney equals less fucking money!?

I think you might be retarded. Not even being insulting. I think this guy is retarded or maybe a little off.

You buy in sats, you measure in sats. It’s really not that complicated.

M8 your mums pussy is a giant cave

I bought in rupees. I measure in rupees

You're doing selection bias again.

Let's say you bought 1 ETH from each month from a year ago to now. Now compare that to what you would've made if you bought BTC instead by converting ETH to BTC. On average you would have lost money in sats.

If you went all in at the very bottom or close to the bottom when ETH was less than $150, then you could be ahead. But that argument is invalid because if you used the same amount of value on BTC, you would still have more.

I'm trying to help you. Alts only exist to make more BTC. All the old traders know this. It's why alts always crash after a BTC bull run or when BTC drops. Alts only do well when BTC is channeled.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

1800 USD would have bought around 257 ethereum in January 2017.

257 ETH at 700 each 179900 USD.

If I dumped all of my BTC for ETH in January 2017 I would be a multimillionaire right now.

Multi-fucking-millionaire... And you believe this is something that "doesn't count"

HAHAHAHAH... I'm crying too but its funny. HAHAHAHA

>You're doing selection bias again.
>Let's say you bought 1 ETH from each month from a year ago to now. Now compare that to what you would've made if you bought BTC instead by converting ETH to BTC.

The fuck you talking about? I am saying that if I had X amount of money and put the same amount in both coins ETH would be by far the larger gains. By a fucking lot.

Whatthe fuck is selection bias?

Do you live in a world where you can only buy one coin at a time? What planet is it where I can only buy one coin at a time.

Ok, you win, in a hypothetical scenario where I can only buy one of each coin at a time you would be right. BTC would come out ahead.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"I'm sorry bro but your Lamborghini is a selection bias Lamborghini so it doesn't count. You need to buy one coin of each at a time since January in order to properly become rich as fuck."

Stop wasting your time, these fags are hopeless.

Old biz is gone.

The reason why Veeky Forums gets so angry at this subject is because most of them would have made more money holding btc than trading alts and chasing pumps, this happened to me before I realized how important is to keep the sat value rising.

You're always at an advantage by measuring in and holding sats, if you're clever you can always get alts on sale after every pump, sell them high once they 'recover' and repeat. But then again buying low and selling high is a foreign concept around here.

because more sats = more usd for me until bitcoin crashes

if you bought in january youd still be up.
if you bought in june youd be down as fuck

>The reason why Veeky Forums gets so angry at this subject is because most of them would have made more money holding btc than trading alts and chasing pumps

Actually I am pissed because I am mad at myself for holding only Bitcoin for all of 2017. The reality is that alts are where the really big money is.

Its not even an argument. Either you are retarded or you are not retarded.

Ya I learned the hard way. I was watching my fiat value go up, but then flipped to sats and it was down 25%. It suddenly clicked how poorly I was playing the game.

Your goal isn't to make gains in fiat. Its to make gains in sats. You can use fiat as a solid indicator of price direction, but you want to be focussing on flipping for more sats. The longer you hold a coin that flatlines, the more you bleed in sats.

BTC is your safe space. Its like your stack of chips in poker. Every alt you sit on is like putting some of your chips on the table, which is risking losing it. Its that simple. Stop thinking of this as investments and start thinking of it as poker and you'll win.

I think measuring in sats, in general, is a better thing to do.
Btc will probably not last for ever,though, and I think Ltc or Bch will take it's place. Before that there needs to be Bch/Ltc pairs and the possibility to cash out with them.
You are correct, but only if you manage to gain sat value with alt-trading, and as we can see here, a lot of people end up losing and would have been better of holding btc.
In my case this last month I've been able to increase my sat value decently, so I'm ok.

>and as we can see here, a lot of people end up losing and would have been better of holding btc.

Thats a completely different argument. Off corse chasing pump and dumps is a terrible way to go.

But if you pick you alts and hold them. You have a far higher chance of completely BTFO Bitcoin earnings Sats and USD it wont even be a contest.

If I had 10k LTC right now, do you think I would be worried about muh sats?

Not a chance in hell, the thought is amusing at best.

I kind of agree with you user, but I do not agree BTC is the only coin that matters.

>Alts only exist to make more BTC. All the old traders know this.
The old players antics are becoming outdated, times changes and BTC lost 40% more market to alts. But keep putting BTC on a pedestal and see where it gets you. (Hint: not the moon)

And what's the value of BTC according to you?

>You buy in sats, you measure in sats.
And how are those sats measured?
How come the amount of an alt you can buy with any given number of sats is different from one moment to the next?

lmao
all these fucking brainlet newfag dumb money
its so obvious you fucking started this month
pic related, everyone who doesnt understand why you measure everything in sats

Arguments: zero.

>hahehaueheu I will post a brainlet wojak pic that'll show those dumb money

Protip you retarded niggers. Measure in sats if you scalp, but for TA on a scale longer than your brainlet memory, you measure with FIAT. Unless you hate money, that is.
Now kys bitcoincucks.

BTC maximalist are on suicide watch for the following reasons:
- normie chads that got into crypto don't give a single shit about sats value; this will afect BTC dominance and it's status as the shitcoin king
- exchanges will add more fiat-crypto pairs, thus reducing BTC's forced utility
- wallstreet might short BTC and we might see a mass migration into alts; BTC maximalists will end up holding bags while everything else moons
- LN might not be so warmly recieved and BTC will be BTFO some more

BTC's is on it's death knell and corecucks are afraid.

imagine being this dumb kek
you are probably the reason why its so easy again to x6 my money in 2 weeks
enjoy being forever poor I guess?

>dat pic
>"holding things that perform better is better"

You're joking with this shit, right?

>0 arguments
haha ok

There was an argument you brainlet.
That it's dumb to say "should've held X instead of Y" after the fact.

What would you rather accumulate over the past 3 years and future 3 years? USD or sats? one day measuring in usd may be more relevant but it's not today.