Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: M'Lady edition

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, lore, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/kev-adams-tim-prow-oldhammer-goblin-miniatures
youtu.be/OIrTTv_Isho
kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/dragon-empire-tabletop-army/description
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never noticed how spooked his horse is

There is also corpses in water if you look in armybook.

TWW knights errant have bascinets instead of tophelms like 5th edition.

Bascinets are cool, though.

There's a fucking skellington right in the water in front of the sword-tossing git facing him, look closely

Not muh headcanon.

>M'Lady edition

*tips grail*

There's skeletons everywhere.

Last day for Oldhammer minis by Oldhammer sculptors.

kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/kev-adams-tim-prow-oldhammer-goblin-miniatures

Interesting ambush ideas for wfrp?

A fun one if you have a noble or a knight in your party is to encounter a stubborn knight-errant who demands a joust from a proper-bred party member - in the name of good sport. Of course, all the ruckus attacks a gaggle of beastmen.

Don't you mean knock-off minis from the 90s made by Warhammer sculptures? Anyway, if I wanted some Kev Adams minis I'd just get some of his newer stuff.

Oh, that's great

I need more bretonnia art of that quality please.

Out of all the 6th edition army books, Bretonnia was always my favorite even though I never owned a single one of their models.

That guy must scream something really embarrassing if the knight looks at him with such disdain.

>That guy must scream something really embarrassing if the knight looks at him with such disdain.

He probably just doesn't like the smell.

Here's one I did: PCs on a mostly-abandoned side road encounter the burnt out remains of a toll house and a stone bridge. Before they can cross, a goblin wearing a filthy uniform and speaking atrocious Reikspiel hops out and demands they pay a toll 'to dat big Emprer git.' He accepts payment in food, preferably meat, preferably freshly-slaughtered; a donkey, for example, would be quite ideal. If the PCs attack him or try to dodge the toll, he starts screeching and summons his buddy, a troll that has been napping of boredom under the bridge.

Ohhh fuck. This is an great idea. Totally going to do this.

This was rather less inspired, but while sailing up the Aver in foggy weather, I had them flanked and attacked by river pirates, who announced their presence with a shotgun blast of arrows from either side of their boat

My personal favorite so far was part of a larger quest. PCs were headed back to civilization through the fores, and came across some 'stealthy' orcs disguised as a bird, a bush, and a tree. When the PCs costanzaed at them, they attempted to add an air of realism to their 'disguises.' The bird orc started squawking in a cockney accent. The bush orc shook his branches in the nonexistent wind. The tree orc, thinking quickly...started yelling "tree, tree!" That is, until the bush orc punched him in the face and screamed that trees don't talk.

While the players were witnessing this debacle, a group of goblin skirmishers working with the orcs snuck up from the flanks.

Reminder that Archaos is just the Death Dealer for kids.

>human
>knights

They learn to point a lance in gallop and think themselves noble.

Welp, that's a guanranteed replies.

Are you still sobbing and jacking off to my pics, brother?

they won't even joust on dragons.

I don't think about you at all.

You can't joust if your lance is flabby, brother.

This is great idea. How did it end?

In terms of aesthetics and art layout it and the VC book are my favourites.

How long do they spend plucking Daemonette barbs out of your ass and washing the Norseman stink off your breath before you can parade down the main slum of the capital?

I know it can be rough in Ulthuan, having your tissues and vaseline only but oh cmon, you could come up with some original kinks, brother! I guess I can't blame you for having wet dreams about it.

The PCS got lucky and heard the goblins approaching due to good rolls, and quickly counter-attacked. The party's Bretonnian knight (who is a story all his own...) engaged the orcs, killing one and badly wounding another. At that point animosity kicked in and his bro buried a choppa in his head before getting Bretonnia'd.

That storyline was full of all kinds of feats. The party's Storm veteran, who literally has no fucks to give, taunted the (unusually clever) warboss into attacking prematurely by mostly appealing to his nobs. Then he stood down a charge from the warboss, dodged his charge, JUMPED IN THE SADDLE WITH HIM (massive penalty), and later put him on death's door with a triple Ulric's fury.

Ohhh shit. We need a storytime.

>Elven knights
>ran away piasing themselves in fear from dwarfs, btfo at every turn

>Bretonnian knights
>stood their ground and died fighting despite discovering that their entire faith was a lie

Anything but what these two guys are doing.

>Blood Knights
>fight only for themselves and to become better and better

Vamps always win

Explain.

I worded that wrong, please do something else than what these two roleplayers are doing. Like story-time.

Sorry, masturbating in silence while the king fucks my mother, sisters, wife, daughters, and his mother isn't my fetish.

As I recall the Vamps, Elves, and a few Brets stood together in the end.

Byt yeah, most of Bretonnia pitched a hissy and died running.

Fine with me. Reserve the ornamentation for those who've made it.

I am sorry that happens to you, brother. Maybe you could rebel against the Phoenix King? It's disgusting.

Its no wonder your king has to cuckoo you all. Given the theft of infants you, how shall I say this politely, are firing your arrows into walls instead of the target.

I wonder if that's why you lot seem to love the Griffon and Dragon Gates so.

Hey anons, do anyone have a good high res map of the Warhammer World? Google don't help me, there is nothing with more than 1000*1000 pixels.

Thanks a lot!

He really isn't though.

What exactly lives in the Southern Wastes? Is it demon infested?

it says so on the map. According to Archaon, the "true Beastmen" live there, because they are pure without the tain of human, which kind of begs the question how exactly something can be a pure Beastman, without any Human in it. It would only be a Beast(of Chaos?) then, not a Pure Beastmen.

That brings us to the conclusion that Archaon is a fucking retard.

Shitloads of beastmen.

>That brings us to the conclusion that Archaon is a fucking retard.

Not big surprise.

Hey Elves, where are all your dragon knights, huh? I don't see many dragons! I just see dressed-up horses!

Please don't tease the Caledorians, they are easily triggered.

Dragon was their lifestyle choice.

Sometimes, I wish that the Dark Elves were the main big bad instead of Chaos, since they feel more believable in some ways compared to 'we are all powerful and everything you could possibly do strengthens us.' But they also feel rather generic as an evil faction in some ways, and their society is not very well looked at - they seem lazy and shiftless, forcing everything onto slaves.

Nah. The Deathdealer is cool.

Basically Moorcock.

You guys hear they are making Moorcock cartoons?

That's news to me.

Drawfag delivered in the Drawthread.

>drawn with pointy ears
Moorcock must be rotating in his empty grave.

I think Chaos could have been better villains if they had remained chaotic. Insanity made flesh instead of "Evil Warriors".

chaos lost a lot of it's charme when it's #1 concern became uniting under a single flag and marching south.

>called Chaos
>single largest collection of cultures, races, individuals and sentient creatures working together for a common goal
>every other century an Everchosen comes along who unites all the tribes

fucking hell I mean the Chaos wastes are more often united than the Empire at this point.

>Got cucked by nurgle midget

I honestly don't quite get it. It clearly describes everyone else as being dead already. Why would the head player be a dick and go 'ha ha I'm gonna steal your wife' when she's dead? Even a sick Nurgleite fuck who doesn't mind necrophilia can't really take her as his wife.

but melniboneans do have pointy ears

The author is just projecting his cuck fetishes.

I don't think he cared for most Elric art anyway.

Sorry, just started reading some Moorcock. Do they really? With his own words?

From an interview I took it that he indeed does. Though he might have talked shit.

youtu.be/OIrTTv_Isho

This will explain everything.

This.

Chaos has less division than anyone but Slann.

elric is said to have "pointed, lobeless ears"
so yes
with his own words

It's a reference.

rip warhammer online

I like slann when they are divided for stupidly hilarious reasons.

>mfw remembering that lord hua hua was right all along and had a horrible and dishonourable death

it could also be cool to see sotek cultists act a little against some plans of the slann

I heard that Corum is better than Elric. Is this true?

Well by 'Beastman' they mean a beast that walks upright. So if he means the ancestors of the Beastmen then I suppose he's right.

They'll be shit.

If somebody told me they were making a Warhammer movie I would completely avoid it.

I don't know why people keep seeing Chaos as monolithic. Chaos encompasses all these different angles.

Do you wanna' be my wife?

Ah, this is just a saga now.

But Beastmen are just Chaos mutants. "True Beastmen" are just mutated animals, and Beastmen in the Old World have that.

He's clearly referring to some kind of Daemon like a dumbass.

They tell us it does.
Then show that it doesn't.

Chaos needs a bit of a punchup, less than Orcs, to establish who's in charge then lead a unifed force.

>I don't know why people keep seeing Chaos as monolithic

Because it's mostly presented as such.

Interesting npc character ideas that are not overused? For wfrp2ed

>Interesting npc character ideas that are not overused? For wfrp2ed

A dwarf that thinks he's an elf.

Why tho

A dwarf ranger who escaped from skaven captivity. Hideously scarred, burned, and mutilated, he can no longer even grow a beard or hair. His hatred outshone his shame, and he refused to take the slayer oath, as most in his position might. A permanent vagabond, he has instead fashioned a beard from extremely fine iron links, fixed to his face with piercings. He adds one for every skaven he kills. While an expert in fighting the skaven, he is generally unwelcome in polite dwarfen society: not just because his refusal to take the slayer oath, his horrible mutilation, or because of his past as a ranger (a dubious group to most dwarfs), but because he seems to have been changed in some fundamental and unpleasant way. Nothing really brings him joy any more besides hunting and killing skaven, and torturing the occasional captive.

The way I see it, 'true beastmen' are chaotically mutated animals. Perhaps penguins idk. Beastmen are the same, but their line has been diluted by consensual sex with the local slapper. A Demon is something separate, warp made flesh.

Archaon was a former imperial citizen so for him he uses the term beastman to refer to these animals whether there's any man in them or not.

This is great, especially one of my players is a dwarf whom clan was cursed to lose all hair.

But it isn't really? It may be in the army book because that is a tool to make a wargaming army. If you were to read any novel or any of the RPG material it would present a different story.

I saw some of you guys talking about a Nippon army last thread.

kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/dragon-empire-tabletop-army/description

Seems right up your street.

Pretty sure that was mentioned in the last thread.