Veeky Forums makes a setting

Let's make a setting everyone! Here are the rules

>No shiposting
>Posts with the intent on adding to the setting does so if the post # ends with a 5
>Dubs removes the last thing added
>It takes 3 votes from 3 different Anons to remove things that doesn't fit in.
>Have fun

I'll start!
>It's a space opera setting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eCiFO7qV54E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Define space opera?

It didn't get added anyway

Oh, well then.
>It has skub.
>Remove this part.

Humans is the old race/precursor race

MEHTAL BAWKSES! IN SPESS!
SSSINDRIIIIIIII!

It's a classic "conan" fantasy setting

Is this a happy and colourful or a grimm and dark setting?

I guess OP want us to decide that

Every female character has the Booty.
No traps or any of that stuff.

Instead of spaceships, Humanyty has tamed some sort of giant space eels, and uses them like ships.

Isn't that standard for every sci-fi setting?

There are parasites in the ship, if the party stays on the ship for too long the entire nest tries to eat them.

Forgot pic.

I'm not checking to see if ANY setting has "that" type of stuff.

So has anything been added yet? Or are we still at square effing one because no 5's?

I meant the Booty.

Fives?
What are fives in this context?

>>Posts with the intent on adding to the setting does so if the post # ends with a 5

The gas miners working on the Orion star are restless. If the Denarhii Corporation doesn't give them a planet to feed their families, they wil swarm the nearby systems.

Oh... not all of them tragically.

If the numer of your post ends with a 5, your suggestion is canon.

Also, dammit you had a five and you blew it.

So, just to be clear, the setting currently has nothing (since the only 5 wasn't contributing to the setting)?

Here's my contribution: it's not a space opera. It's a Neutral Grim setting where heroes can never achieve anything meaningful (but it's not particularly Dark or Bright)

No, seriously explain the usage of fives in this thread.

It takes place in the Wild West.

Aliens have allied up themselves against the Humans who spread like a cancer across the habitable worlds in the galaxy

If your post ends in 5 and your post is actually talking about something which contributes to the setting (as opposed to clarification or conversation) then it gets added.

Re-rolling for the bottom part of in terms of ideas.

It's Farscape universe

Aww come on user! Did you have to ruin my 5

Welp we got our header. It's an HFY setting.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

Canon.

Every alien is severely autistic and sarcastic.

When the evil Imperial Federation created a warmachine the size of a gas giant, they did not expect it to gain sentience and befriend the aliens they wanted to destroy. Now, 150.000 years later, the Giant Saviour is falling apart, and the aliens don't have the tech to repair it. Will they finally fall against the Imperial Federation, and will they save their friendly planet of doom?

It's not canon
>>Dubs removes the last thing added

A dubs was posted right after the 5

Human's contant need for lebensraum is caused by the planet being ruled by fundamentalist Islam requiring maximium amount of babies being produced.

>first 5 finally adds to setting
>next is dubs that remove it
>next 5 is clarification of rules

Fuck these rules, we're getting nowhere fast.

Warp/Fade dust exists, there is competition between snorting Dust, Spice, Lyrium, or Eversor ashes.

Sorry, I'm a newfag, dubs?

It's a setting where WW1 never ended. It just kept going. You live in the trench, you die in the trench

Check OP
>Posts ending with 5 add to canon
>Posts ending with dubs removes the last canon thing added

Just spam ideas, we're not going to get nowhere otherwise.

Humanity's mechanic technology terrifies other species, who have developed some sort of biological constructs powered by jazz.

Let's make it three, six and nine or one, three, and five.

Nice 5. This thread is terrible.

All combat is done through psychic mind attacks

Seriously every single comment needs to include an idea or else all the 5s are going to look like this.

Sorry, I didn't mean it.

Still, I'm ok with HFY as long as it's Neutral Grim. So my contribution for this post is a combo of and .
I like the idea of humanity spreading like crazy, but the setting is a few centuries into the spread and even though the aliens are teaming up they'll never be able to really stop us. (we tyranids now)

Awww, I liked this one! Shame it didn't end on a 5.

I say we go for the idea where humanity are not!Tyranids!

Mechanical robots housing entire universes.
Like this.

Militar technology has evolved differently: we have spaceships and space travel, but most of the fights are fought medieval-age style: cavalry charges, swords, spears, axes... maybe the ocasional war baloon...

Sentient plants fight other sentient plants for sunlight destroying entire suns to prevent their rapidly growing enemies from flourishing.
Flowers v Trees v Mushrooms V Seaweed.

So the only way to make this thread work is if posts adding to the setting are (at least) a few times more common than posts removing things from the setting.

Contribution suggestion still New rules suggestion:

6, 7, 8, 9 adds to the setting. Odd dubs removes last thing, even dubs makes it so the last thing cannot be removed.

after millenia of peace, two species that have coexisted since the beginning of time have started to fight, due to their sun dying and their resources dwindelling. They have to develop space travel fast, and then discover how to terraform planets (naturally habitable planets are too rare to rely on them).

A masturbating monkey is the creator of the entire multiverse.
Blah blah blah uses his left hand = good galaxy, uses his right=evil galaxy.

You know what? Fuck it. It's the only thing we have so I'm gonna say it's still canon.

>Humans are divided into various factions, each that have taken technology in vastly different ways
>For example, one faction seeks to merge human with machine, and has focused on a military force that preserves its soldiers by downloading their minds and copying it into multiple bodies as fodder, all the while keeping the original mind as a backup template to upload to more vat-grown blank soldiers.
>While another seeks to see how far evolution can go, by examining aliens, and integrating useful genetic traits into volunteers to create a genetic supersoldier.

Your rules conflict with my rule change.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

Sentient trees colonize asteroids orbiting around suns, and using its gasses to survive and send their seeds across the universe.

Every hero that proves themselves via noble sacrifice comes back.

But they suffer extreme agony and diarrhea for an hour after being brought back from NOT-hell.

Maybe OP should take what we've got and make a new thread with more organized rules (that at least bias us towards adding content rather than spinning our wheels with adding/removing ideas constantly and having side conversations.

It's a five, so it's canon. Therefore rules must conform to this.

It's the only way to get the ball rolling proper.

Finally! A five that does something!

The developement of new genetic habilities has led to humanity to evolve in a divers amount of subspecies, each adaptet to war at first, but then evolved into their own culture. However, they still fight the main faction, the mechanical one, which is becoming more and more souless the more time passes.

...If one of us links all of these posts and has a five the posts are canon right?

Damn it.

All tactical geniuses have one day off causing trillions to die in battle without their brilliant leadership.

well it ain't a five, so guess not

>Alien coalition is lead by the remnants of an ancient empire that uplifted most beings in the galaxy, including humanity. The fact that they created most of the aliens they're allied with and the race they fight against is their most closely guarded secret.

Actually, that day noone dies because the tactical geniuses from the other side of the war are also on holiday. Thus, the galaxy joins forces to create the biggest and greatest spa and vacation resort that's ever existed.

Humans can kill machines with semen.
Somehow.

A shame these aren't canon.

Armwrestling and slapping is a ceasefire agreement which states the victorious leader wins that day.

Sex is prohibited without a licence to breed.
Joining the military automatically gives you this licence.

We're getting nowhere with this.

"Crawling in my crawl" is the national anthem.

So what's canon for now? just ?

The ant-men and termite-men are thinking of betraying the bio-confederation and joining the machine empire. But they would have to free themselves form the Hive Mind Lords.

Well, this is canon now.
youtube.com/watch?v=eCiFO7qV54E

The Sand people wage war to establish their leader, known as Darude, to rule the Western sector of the galaxy.

Are you serious? Spamming serious ideas all the time and THIS is the one that is canon?

The Golem Traders travel the stars to sell and buy ancient technology. Nobody knows what they eat, but they aren't orcanic nor mechanical.

What a wasted opportunity/HOLY FUCKING KEK!.

Hoping for a five.

Should we start a new thread devoted to the Not!Tyranid humans?

>Citizenship isn't guaranteed. Only by enlisting into military service or joining one of the many research cabals are you granted the rights expected of a first class citizen. Anything else and you're relegated to a sub class, contributing to the rest of society in some other way but with the negative stigma that you are not helping it advance(either through control of the universe with the military, or through understanding the universe with the science divisions)

Yes.
But with my plant idea please.

Yes and some updated rules so we can get more stuff faster. There isn't nearly enough traffic to get a large number of 5's right now.

The main mode of transportation is large sand worms.

Okay, so there are three 5 posts for now:

What can we do with all of this?

The last space battle destroyed so many battleships that that area of space is now a nest of alien pirates, who hide on the wreckage.

Everyone speaks with sexual terms, euphemisms are basically swear words.
It sounds like everyone has Extreme Tourette's syndrome because every conversation ends with "Dick!" or "Pussy!"

Also this one is canon too.

Dogs became extinct.

Can someone start the new thread?

How do we call it?

Space ghosts live in Jupiter and other sgas giants.

Done.