What is the best depiction of dark elves?

What is the best depiction of dark elves?

I've always had a soft spot for the old Shadow Elves from Mystara. More weird, less Retarded Evil, and without Ed Greenwood's fetish fuel.
They're basically albino cave elves who long ago fled from a catastrophe that burned the surface world to ash, and survived by hiding deep underground, where they became weird, insular, and xenophobic.
The book's up in the OSR Trove in the TSR Basic stuff.

You posted it senpai.

Certainly not Dunmer. They are too much their own thing than just "dark elves". You can only call them this because of their skin.

R.A Salvatore's Drow

Tiste Andii. An entire race, dying from eternal boredom.

Straight-up FR drow. Love the insane bastards.

Kuroinu.

Came to say this.

What else is their to constitute dark elves other than the color of their skin.

Well, they don't give me the same vibe as for example warhammer Dark Elves do, which for me are the standard, template Dark Elves and one of their defining features is being a force of evil. Dunmer might be assholes, they might be worshipping Daedra, but they are not an evil race.

Overlord 2

These guys

Underrated post.

Definitely not the ones with the brummie accents. That just ruined immersion for me.

THIS

Yep.

REMOV SHARMAT

Did someone say pathos? Because I swear I heard someone mention pathos. Like a wind, a very very sad wind, fore-ever.

Pathos.

M-masaka....?

For sure

Dunmer hands down,

Albeit I can agree to a degree with since I basically ripped off dunmer in one of my homebrew settings... except it was human culture instead of an elven subrace because it was humans=only setting. Worked just as good. Basically dunmer appeal has nothing to do with their physical race, and their psychology can be easily mimicked by humans. Unlike other elves which usually have cultures heavily based on "elvish" traits of body and mind, usually most notably longaevity, to translate tham like that.

I ALSO quite much like the drow from FR, as much as I don't like this setting in general. But drow are one of the few good things within it.

If you mean "evil elves with dark skin" i would rather pick the edur, for a reasonable depiction of a people going "evil"

If you mean "elves with dark skin" This. Also my favorite image of an immortal race ... espicially if they fucked up big time right from the start and have quite a long time to live with it

Warlords Battlecry Dark Elves.

>the ones with the brummie accents.
Which dark elves were these?

generally speaking what is the difference between elves and dark elves

You n'wah.

Prey.

Nothing. Dark Elves are Elves. It's more accurate to say what the differences are between High Elves, Wood Elves, and Dark Elves.

I like Eberron Drow.

When elven slaves started rebelling against their magically/physically superior Giant masters, they used the fact that they were smaller, could see by moonlight, and didn't have to sleep to launch guerrilla attacks at night.

So the giants bred a new kind of elf specifically to fight the rebellious slaves. Ones that were even better at fighting at night.

Giant empire still collapsed, but the Drow survived and "went feral".

Jojo without question

Sounds like what happened in WHFB with the Chaos Dwarves breeding Black Orcs to be Foremen to organize all their greenskin slaves.

>Female Drow are the leaders of their society, AKA the system.
>Fuck the System

ISWYDT

user... but... That's literally the joke.

>ISWYDT
what?

I see what you did there.

I wonder, if a drow girl is going through a rebellious phase, does she act like a sweet and loving girlfriend? Instead of bringing home a black guy to piss off her parents, she becomes a gentle lover to some surfacer who she doesn't even whip.

Mounted on a wall.

>muh dark elves need to fit into this specific criteria
Nigga what?

Those aren't Elves at all, user.

>So bored they cant even torture-fuck a god into being

Are you even trying?

But those are Warhammer dark elves.

This is now a Dunmer thread n'wahs.

I know this is old but this is my headcanon for drow

>if I call it a 'dark elf' then it doesn't matter what it is

So I guess my Aztec-themed arboreal octopus race can be called Dark Elves and you'll be fine with that then, right snowflake?

"High Elves" and "Wood Elves" are a meme.

>she becomes a gentle lover to some surfacer who she doesn't even whip.
That would be disappointing.

>a race of elves with dark skin shouldn't be called dark elves if they are not evil

Banshee ass is what defines all elves

>there's no such thing as archetypes, it's all in the name

Even though it could be a He-eldar under that helm user.

female banshee (male)

>all things must be the same
so by your logic things like the halflings in Dark Sun are not real halflings because they are not a bunch of hedonists who live in holes in the ground.

Dunmer have best aesthetic

anyone who disagrees is a dirty outlander n'wah

Rest of the set?

>tfw no rebellious gentle femdom drow gf

Please don't bump this thread if you don't have anything to contribute.

Argonian cowards get out