Has anyone seen that new germanic tribes codex?

Has anyone seen that new germanic tribes codex?
Holy fuck that shit is broken

How can the roman compete?

They can't.
After the whole debacle about splitting the Roman Empire, they've been bumfucked to oblivion. However, if you think the Germanic tribes is overpowered, what till you see the newest fuckers to entry the fray. Mother Fucking Huns

Don't even get me fucking started on archer calvary
I miss the good old days of elephant spam

Oh fuck, remember when the little bitches are like
>HUEHUEHUE YOU CAN'T BE MY ELEPHANTS!
>Bring out the flaming piggies with your spearmen
>RRRRREEEEEE!!!!!! CHEATER CHEATER!!!!
Fucking loved those days man.

Oh boo hoo hoo my roman army isn't OP anymore

How many editions have the developers been wanking the Romans now? It feels like fucking centuries. They even used them to write off the Greeks AND Carthage

I will never fucking forgive them for the blatant favoritism they played during the Phyrrus Campaign where they retconned a shitload of Greek victories into defeats and then killed Phyrrus off screen so they could push their fucking Roman Empire plotline. Well there's new management and now that they split Rome into two separate factions (the only way to deal with how big it had gotten in the fucking lore) they're adding new factions and it's about time. The Germanics, Goths, and Hun codex will be out soon. Get fucked Romeaboo, your faction stopped being interesting when it stopped being a Republic

Going to be honest, while I was a Roman fag, I'm starting to like the Saxon faction that's coming out soon. Nothing better then slapping those Britons around like the little bitches they are.

>mfw play Mongolians
>mfw no stupid skub battles over my faction

Stay mad, Eurocuck players

Hi, from the future, cherish this time. 40 Editions from now you'll have to deal with the Machine Gun Winter, and 2 editions later, something called Nuclear gets so overbuffed that nobody ever even bothers playing out campaigns anymore.

>Gaius Germanicus coming right up

What is so broken about it? I mostly see spearmen in fur cloaks, what's the big deal?

They can take Roman formations be default but don't need to pay for auxiliaries to get cavalry or archers. Also their units are points cheaper.

The only thing Rome has over on them is the legionnaire special rules which I hear are gonna get nerfed

Do you know how many of those fuckers they can field at once?
They can field a lot of them

Yeah but the old Germanics could do that too and Legionnaires shredded them once they could formation up

The real problem is they get formations too and don't have a lot of the old Barbarian weaknesses because of cross training, it's a call back to how the Romans used to use auxiliaries in the lore. These guys learned to fight from the Romans.

This sounds familiar - how would they do against Parthians?

>everyone in this thread still playing spear of war
>not playing SoW 2k
Look at these fags

Chinkminkies get out of here. Nobody wants your kind in these forests.

Hard to say, the Parthians are more of a problem for the eastern Romans. I'd say the Parthians higher emphasis on cavalry (I hear the new army is gonna be really cavalry based too) might edge them over.

These anons need to listen to this user right here It's not that the dev finally decided to make the Barbarians competitive with their old units, they basically just took the Roman auxiliary units and decided to make an entire codex out of them.

I guess the meta will be more balanced now, but get ready for "big bloc of shieldwall" vs. "big bloc of shieldwall" ad infinitum until the Huns show up and give everyone the horse archer D.

>>>inb4 Sassanid shitters pretend anyone plays a faction east of Constantinople.

Interesting. So I might invest in an army of these Germanics - what are their special units like?

What did you say about me, you little bitch?

That you're going to get SAXONED when the time comes, little Briton boi.

they fucking don't, the whole setting is ramping up for an end times event where they split everyone into individual factions

Beat your faggot ass red with my Knights of Malta.

I heard they're adding in another game to the franchise
SoW: medieval
Here's a leak piece of concept art

FUCKING AGE OF CHARLEMAGNE MAN

Sorry I can't hear you over my 10:1 win-loss ratio.

Why do I get a stirring in my loins to go after the Saracens and save the holy land?
>Still I hear the scream of thousands
>CRUCIFY! CRUCIFY!

It got shitty when they dropped the 2016 Election. We're sick of world wars.

I'm really digging the new Celts supplement build. Really lets me fluff up my army and the warpaint special rules are killer.

>Liking the meme faction

Could be worse, you could be playing seleucids

>MEME
>E
>M
>E

>mfw Rome is sacked

>we're sick of world wars
Yeah the writers dug themselves into a ditch, if any war breaks out its another world war
How ever all the codex rules are well written and balanced and special ops. And gang wars are tons of fun
Ain't nothing like ambushing in 9 ISIS operatives and fucking over my enemies with suprise machine guns

I'm still reeling at the addition of "maille".

Fucking bullshit makes wealthy characters immortal; what kind of scaling is this?

>How ever all the codex rules are well written and balanced
>Be US Army
>Curbstomp all other armies

I predict power creep will result in everyone having it, then the developers will release an even more OP armor.

Stone age tribe plays are still viable. I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

Have you seen the new russian codex?
Those fucking tanks man
And all of europe has the ability to field each others units cause EU
China is china

>Doesn't know about the upcoming civil war pack for the Americans
>Doesn't know that the US Army is going to get nerfed wen the Civil War Pack comes out
>Doesn't know that a bunch of the writers a Chinaboo fags and they're getting bonuses out of the wazhoo.

The fact that north korea has so much fucking plot armor is a fuckibg crime

>Have you seen the new russian codex?
>Those fucking tanks man
America's shits on those tanks. That automated turret rule means shit.
>And all of europe has the ability to field each others units cause EU
But it doesn't get the same rapid deployment or cheap airborne units, nor is its airstrike phase as strong.

You actually think they're stupid enough to weaken their poster boys like that?

Doesn't help their crunch any though!

Don't get me started.

Yes, I do. Look at what happened with that one game, I forget what it was called. Something something warhammer I think? Ahhh, doesn't matter. I don't trust the writers, which is why I mostly play SOW: Bronze edition and SOW: Iron edition. Can't wait for the Medieval edition to come out.

>forgetting the fact that north korea can field chinese troops
Clearly you never had to deal with a nork player in your LGS

>Can't wait for the Medieval edition to come out.
>That sexy platemail

They lost that rule.

They can't ley an army who dominates the air phase stay as strong in the ground phase

And also look at SoW where they fucking obliterated the romans

Wait really?
Was there an errata i missed?

>SEXY
>E
>X
>Y

>They can't ley an army who dominates the air phase stay as strong in the ground phase
They can and they will. Just watch.

>And also look at SoW where they fucking obliterated the romans
Romans were edgy anti-Christian Imperialists. Not even their half-hearted "No, the Romans are totally not Christophobic now guise!!!" ploy was hackneyed.

It's in the Legacy of the Soviets book which overruled things like America's Preferred Enemy: Russia and put the Middle Eastern armies front and center when they used to be a sideshow to give the game some exotic flavor.

Is this what fantasy characters talk about?

Oh okay
That got over ruled by the election of 2016 book tho?

No, the only thing that changed for the Middle East was fluffwise. I think they're about to Cossack ISIS.

In general, the Election of 2016 was mostly fluff, setting the stage for actual crunch in the future.

They can't be worse than the Persians. I know it's not too unbalanced NOW, but god fucking dammit they're so fucking unfun to play against and they don't fit the game at all. They're badly written and badly designed, both mechanically and aesthetically, and their players are completely obnoxious. I won't be satisfied until they're nerfed into the ground and slowly forgotten, to be honest.

I play SoW 19k
You're in for a surprise user

>cossack ISIS
but my special ops. list?

Hope you enjoy 4E, cuz you're stuck there forever!

Welp
Guess i'll sell them off and buy a CIA list instead

>playing only the babby scenarios
come get rekt 1v1 m8

20k players gtfo this is a SoW Classical thread reeee

And take your dark ages shitters with you those novels were terrible they have completely tuned Franz Ferdinand's character

THE CRUSADER CODEX IS HERE
MEDIEVAL WASN'T A LIE
THE CRUSADER CODEX IS HERE

>Expecting shit thread
>It's actually pretty good

>Deus Vult meme
God, I wish they've stopped pandering to that bunch of obnoxious asshats. That meme wasn't funny the first time around when they've introduced it as April's Fool joke faction, but the fact they are now trying to push official codex, which looks just as stupid as the one made by fandom? No thanks. Last thing I want is an army getting power by killing and loosing it whenever rational decisions are made. Fucking gimmicks.

>US Army
>Absolutely incapable of facing asymmetric warfare
It's like you never played against any minor Asian factions, who all get bonuses to that, be it either fuck-huge terrain bonus, ability to field regular units of their allies for free or religious-inducted bonuses. All of which the US Army is hopeless and gets always rekt. Their lack of any flexibility is what you should exploit against them, not use as their main power.
You are literally playing that faction wrong.
Or never met a dedicated minor player.

Deus Vult

Did they nerf or remove the nukes yet? That bullshit removes all player agency. "I kill you whole army! Well I kill yours too!", it's like fucking kindergarten all over again. Not to mention how some factions have absolutely no access to it because reasons. They expect people to buy in and stay quiet after learning they're supposed to be an NPC faction? If that were me I'd send the devs a bomb or something.

Sorry, I'm just venting. Haven't had a good game in what seems like decades. It seems that a lot of people moved on to skirmish systems.

Anyway, back to the topic: what's with the nukes? Last I heard it was a protracted drama between butthurt devs as unwilling to budge as only hardcore grogs can be. There was talk of nerfs, but it's a drop in the ocean imo, that shit is bad for the game.

>Other armies
That's the point. They are only good against other armies. Have you tried to pit them against even the basic, generic guerilla set? Not to mention actual guerilla factions, like Viet Cong or Mujahideen Fighters. They are completely helpless against those.

>mfw when people use special characters from the legends and mysteries compendium to win games for them
Fucking WAAC fags, Arthur is half-canon at best.

Those are the best plays.
You can face with those fuckers up to anything but late industrial era armies and wreck their shit easily.

>God, I wish they've stopped pandering to that bunch of obnoxious asshats.
You thinking the crusaderfags are fucking obnoxious, you've never played with a Heianfag.
>Muh Naginata
>Muh Horse Archers
>Muh Seasonal Typhoon fucking with shit
>Muh Onna-Bugeisha
>Muh Minamototo
Fucking faggots. Mostly, I hate the fucking typhoon rule. Stupid Kamikaze bullshit.

Last time I've checked, Brittany was still holding strong and it took diplomacy to take it down, not war. Ofc the editors had heavy French biase at the time, so they've basically removed every unique units and reducted Brittany to low-tier ships.

Son, those are not Heianfags. Heianfags are literal fags, writing poetry and doing Romanticism a millenium ahead of rest of the world.
You are obviously talking about Kamakura fags.

And they are literally nothing when compared with Sengoku fags. That's literally insane bullshit. I mean... the sheer amount of interchangable factions, each having one single gimmick... who wrote that shit?! I get it, it easily sells minis, since you only need to paint them in slightly different colors, but come on! Put some creativity in it!

And then comes the fucking Meiji codex. I mean... everyone had to lineary progress to get to machine guns. Weaboos just get them for free, with instant modernisation, one codex being feudal state of knight, the next suddenly being modern country with standing army and navy.
Seriously, fucking weebs doing the writing...

We have these threads a lot, actually, they're always pretty comfy.
>later editions had a french bias
You mean when they gave Henry IV half of France for no reason?

Nanban rules are the worst. Here I was, building my army of horse archers and pike infantry... well guess what, the other guy bought just fuckload of cheap musket units, with a faction having extra bonus to making them even cheaper. In the end, he could have four time the size of my army at the same point limit. Not only that, but you can't even get close to them, because the Bamboo Wall rule and the closer you get, the bigger the damage. I would get if that was some elite unit or if their main trait was being cheap, but this is ridiculous!

Yeah, fucking "muh religion" excuse. Shittest excuse since the time of "muh Janissaries", when they've decided they need a reason to suddenly put islamic faction in Europe and bolster Turkish faction.
But then again, Janissaries get nerfed into being useless shit, while French faction remained as strong as it was, even after in fluff it was loosing wars left and right and get their shit pushed in the New World Codex.
Now I can't even use my Indian Auxiliaries minis, because some shitty fluff removed France from New World completely.

all this fucking barbarian pandering is pissing me off, when is Egypt getting an Update? all it got was shitty reskins of hellenistic units.

Meanwhile Britain players get to use basically any minis they like, even ones that are usually explicitly for one faction because of "Muh biggest empire ever" and pull off bullshit combos with no regard to the fluff.

Hey, they needed to somehow use all those molds for low tier medieval units. Nobody wanted to play with inferior infantry with awful stats, so their marketing spinned the whole Crusade thing to both give fluff excuse to pit against each other amies that couldn't normally meet. I mean... English fighting with Arabs? What next? Spaniards conquering entire continent with their bandit-tier armies?

>Muh Gurkhas
>Muh Australians
>Muh Canadians
And they've got a fucking discount when they field those units under "Colonial" tag. They literally can field regular army, not just some auxiliaries, for almost no point cost. Who cares if their units are inferior to everyone else, if they bring two times the allowed amount and it all still is under the point limit? And then is the fact some of those units are clearly OP.
At least their navy got nerfed into oblivion, because that shit was unbearable.

I miss old times, when there was still quality control. Remember Angevin Empire? When they've realised how OP it was, so it was simply dismantled in a fluff? Sure, the exuse was really cheap, I mean shipwreck, but at least they were still making sure no faction gains absurd edge.

I honestly couldn't believe it the day they made the United American Colonies it's own faction, the look on the britfag's face at my FLGS was worth a thousand defeats.

God, I hope that Gandhi book rumour turns out to be true, losing South Africa and India in one book would be hilarious.

Well then they've should give units better design in the first place! It's almost Pokemon-tier design
>Lel, I just put a bucket on that guys head
>Totally works as a helmet!

WOLOLOOOOO

As if that solved anything. Instead single OP British faction we had still powerful Brits and new faction that got wanked in the fluff into superpower status, while in the first edition their best unit was militia-tier. Literal plot cancer, when for fluff reasons they've turned an insignificant minor that was barely present to the biggest faction in game.

And don't get me started on German faction, which routinelly gains super fun and roughtly balanced units with new codex, but then somehow the fluff makes sure they've lost all their wars. I mean every fucking time they end up loosing, while having best armies on the table and without being OP.
I mean... remember how everyone was scared of that Wunderwaffe expansion and even those "super" units turned out balanced and reasonable? Sure, powerful, but also with price to match.

Celt player here, mail has been in our codex since first edition...

I think they were nerf'd too hard for a while there personally, the fluff for John were godawful, and Henry III wasn't much better, at least the Edward I - Llywelyn book was alright.

OH shit mang, I was talking about Iron edition with the migration pack. I got too excited, I should of said Romano-Briton. Sorry about that. Also, I'm going to Medieval soon, what faction should I pick? I don't care about who's stronger, I just want opinions.
Kamakurafag's eh? Ok, I swore he said Heian, but I digress. I admit that the Nippon codexs are pretty shitty (fucking weebs mate), but I do like Jomon codex. They're pretty equal to the other codexes in the Bronze edition, but they do have a bonus to agriculture (not like the Minoans though, those fucking bastards).

Yeah, but that's because entire focus went into Crusade Codex, so not only their best writers were busy there, but even the guys doing regular job were working around that codex. So they've pretty much out-sourced the fluff for all factions, not only English. No wonder so much weird shit happend in the fluff back then.

>yet another faggot acting like there was no time between roman era and colonial
Fuck you user, the Brit story arc had a really good progression throughout the Medieval books to being a powerhouse in western europe and everyone acts like they went straight from the worst roman auxiliaries to a global superpower.

Try Eastern Europe factions. They have really interesting vibe in them and man, they do look cool. It's almost like you were still in Iron edition, but you have Medieval stats. The downside is serious lack of ranged units, but hey, you asked about opinions.
And ignore Bohemian faction completely. I swear, those are literally HRE units with different coloring scheme.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Holy Roman Empire.

>English
>Powerhouse in western europe
>In medieval
You mean the fucking push-over that got continously kicked and beaten by everyone? Even without plot armor a laughstock like Scottish faction managed to keep them busy.

If you want talking powerhouse, you can talk France and all it's subdivisions. That's how all subfactions should be made, really. You have this main line of basic units, and then add local variety, so all minis have distinctive look, slightly different stats and yet it doesn't come with any price gimmicks like the one they gave to Brits, who can field units from other factions cheaper than those factions on their own. That's just fucking stupid rule and should be cut entirely. It was already OP when they were using it in India, but at least back then it was justified, as otherwise they would be unable to field almost any troops without some bullshit put in the fluff. But they kept the rule ever since, while there is no excuse for it anymore.

I'm ok with the lack of ranged units, I know it's harder to play, but I like getting in there dirty and all that jazz. Hmmm, I'm looking at the Lithuania faction and they seem pretty good. Underdog status, fast movement, good for hit and runs. However, Kievan Rus also looks pretty fucking tasty. I'm going to have to think about this for a bit. I'll also wait for other's opinions before finally choosing.

>You mean the fucking push-over that got continously kicked and beaten by everyone?
Post the 1066 conquest (one of the best scenarios in all SoW), name one faction that ever put one boot on Great Britain.
Also, did I miss a memo one what SoW actually stands for.

Oh please, they're not OP. Actually getting hold of plentiful empire units when not fighting in the right area is hard and if you are in those areas getting that core of disciplined and high firepower foot is costly.

Building good Brit lists takes careful balancing or it'll all fall through.

Now on the naval front I'm willing to concede we are total bullshit, fucking named admirals showing up in every theatre.

Actually, that reminds me

How come the Coalition force didn't get to benefit from all the Brit experience fighting terrorists in the Troubles campaign?
You'd think America's closest allies, who'd spent a couple of decades dealing with terrorists and especially bombs, would have some input, but they didn't really get anything in counter-insurgency - like, I think there was a footnote about no-one really giving a shit about a terrorist attack in London, using the same bus the next day, but nothing to show on the table

SOW means Spears Of War