ITT: Make a setting based on an image

>ITT: Make a setting based on an image

I'm thinking it's a universe where everyone is a cunt.

Apparently power armor has a lot of chinks in it making swords a viable option in combat

It's the 1930s in a world where this room and everyone in it was blown up by the son of Guy Fawkes.

A 'Knight' was a specific warrior caste in Europe that fought in The Great War to End All Wars with this specific Battle Dress.

This is a setting where the industrial revolution exacerbated the feudal system rather than dismantling it. Knights, being the lowest form of Noble, were still expected to fight in wars, and following the tradition of heavily armored juggernauts, this was the method for the modern soldier.

>Late 1920s, a populist figure rises to the fore-front of German politics.
>Having been betrayed by the Islamic and militaristic coup which took control of the Ottoman Empire, anti-Turkic sentiments are at an all time high.
>To regain the honor of the german people and revitalize the war economy, the german arch-chancellor declares a crusade against the neo-Ottoman Caliphate.
>With blessings from the pope, they set out to reclaim the holy land.

>This is a setting where the industrial revolution exacerbated the feudal system rather than dismantling it

The Magna Carta put feudalism on track to its end centuries before the Industrial Revolution occurred.

Rather than putting the final nail in the coffin it revitalized the system by dividing the have and have nots to the extreme.

How's that?

Just like real life!

Some extra shit got added to the image after the fact, but that's literally the story behind pic related.

Ok so it's like a real life slavic country but the whole world is like that

arguably the industrial revolution in real life did --almost-- bring back a sense of feudalism, with rapidly increasing class division and wealth inequality. shitty peasants working on fiefs became shitty factory workers and laborers slaving away in the mills and mines for their capitalist overlords

>inb4 I sound like a dirty gommie
just pointing out some similarities for a cool setting. settings are usually exaggerated forms of real life.

Capitalist analogues or no, OP is interested in the knights and armor aspect of feudalism. The advent of industrialism didn't bring those back.

That said, I always thought coal-era knights was something interesting enough to suspend my disbelief.

So what if we had an alternate US where the ideas of getting away from the old system of governence didn't really take hold, or rather, become window dressing for the same old way of doing things.

Basically, the original landowners would be the people who came to colonize the 13 colonies originally and that sets them up as the Nobility. The romantic "americanism" of it would be that they came and made something of the land for themselves which would eventually extend into manifest destiny where people go out to become nobles themselves becoming powerful land owners.

alternate universe where Jules Verne makes contact with a race of shark people in the late 1800's

If that thing on his left arm is not a gun (which it most likely is), I'm going to say it's an alternate reality where something hindered the innovation of gun technology, allowing it to be outpaced by developments in armor that allowed for thicker plate and powered movement.

Guns are still used but likely cannot even come close to penetrating diesel powered knight armor. They're more for engaging regularly dressed combatants.

Knights are outfitted with a ridiculous amount of firepower for their size, and can thus apply significant amounts of pressure just by being somewhere. Conventional firearms can't damage them, and as said before explosives aren't powerful enough to dent them.

The only way to defeat a knight is through another knight wielding a melee weapon. The diesel powered mechanisms that carry the weight and various weapons of the armor also give it enough strength to drive a sword straight through a weak point in the armor.

If the sword connects with wide face plate, it will most likely break. When it comes to that, the combatants will start punching each other, falling back on whose armor is engineered better.

FATAL.

Who says they're fighting humans?

I'm already doing a space knights on Mars setting, so this is pretty useful. Anyone got more pictures of futuristic knights?

The rapture happened 8 months ago. The world turned upside down and everyone got dumped into the sky, I guess God came and took them all.

I could go to, but I'm scared. What if it's not heaven that opened up beneath us? Just one little step, and I could fall up.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

That's basically 70% Eclipse Phase.

>kid goes to bed and doesn't wake up
>his overactive imagination has trapped himself within his head
>you play as his imagened characters on a quest to wake the boy up

Go

The worldwould normallybe too cold to be inhabited by human life, where it not for these massive geothermal vents that spring up every thousand or so miles. Most life on the planet lives in clusters around these vents, with many vents having cities built suspended above them or in the walls of the vent itself.

Magic (if it exists) can't be performed adequately if within a couple hundred miles of the vents, and impossible in the vent itself. (Either extremely reduce the humber of spell casts or increase the mana used by each cast), but the effects of magic aare left untouched. Small magical communities to spring up away from vents (heated by magic or the tremendous amounts of hardwood that grows on the outer edges of the forests that grow around some vents) which are usually dedicated to learning the magical arts or producing magical items for use in the vent communities.

Kinda cheating here, but fuck it

Impregnable.

Interstellar travel was made efficient and affordable three hundred years ago, since then humanity has conquered several galaxies and continues to expand.

There are three main factions of humanity, the reason they split of existing conflict on earth and because of disagreements on how to act when regarding new frontiers.

Warfare breaks out, but because humanity is spread thin losses must be kept to a minimum. Stat of the art body armour has been developed by one faction, stolen and copied by the others quickly after. It's primary defence comes from a metal not found on earth, it provides exemplary defence to most weapons. Except swords made out of the same stuff. Guns are not an option against these soldiers, as bullets don't scratch them, and bullets cannot be made out of the metal the swords and armour is made from, it has a tendency to shatter as fired. People predict that the faction to first figure out how to make speciality firearms or an alternative to defeat the super soldiers will be able to conquer the galaxies.

For now however, warfare has regressed to medieval times.

> a lot of chinks
he already said they weren't fighting humans

The reason they split was due to existing...*

the pope of the dolphins, is leading the war against mankind

woman does everything, that her crush will notice her...

Like Welcome to Night Vale, but more British.

Is there a specific term for art like this? like ww1 but in futuristic? I've heard of diesel punk but that's more 1920's and forward

pic related

Not that I know of, but it should totally be named "trenchpunk"

Who cares if there's nothing punk about it anyway, people will know what it is when they see it.

The tie is what really throws me off.

Probably something like that, yes. It's either that or something along the lines of "Great war-punk"

Frightmare mode, engage.

Posting weird story inspiring pictures.

Jensen was the only one left now. The rest of his squad had already been taken. He'd found shelter in one of the abandoned malls. Who would've thought that this would be how the Earth would die? They came from the sky, changing the climate with their machines, killing billions in a few days. The ones that survived fought back. But now they were gone too, victims of Their twisted mutant creations. Jensen still had the charge. All he had to do was make it to the core, humanity still had a fighting chance. He stood up, looked around the corner, and froze in terror. There it was. That pink monstrosity. Jensen pulled out his sidearm, and took aim. But it had already spotted him. He fired his shot, but it just vanished into the beast's gaping maw. Now Jensen was being sucked in too. He grabbed onto the rail, but his strength wasn't enough. Soon, he was inside the beast, in an infinite black void. And then he saw his very world disappear out of sight.

Obviously, this just means that the trees finally took over. It was only a matter of time, really.

Technically, there's already a setting for this, but I'd like to see what you guys come up with.

>Archmage Oppenheimer destroys the samurai fortress of Nagasaki.jpg

Oh come on, how exactly are you supposed to make a setting out of this? The picture is Samurai Star Wars, everyone's just going to make Samurai Star Wars.

Icastnuke.jpg

Ravnica, but 1000 years later.

Do this setting.

or, power armor is so complete that when going up against infantry, it is economical to use a sword since the safety of range isn't necessary.

Last One for now.

it writes it'self user. Dolphin's can be pretty terrible creatures. easily translates to destructive zealots running a galaxy while a militia of other species try to stop them. ultimately it would have a cyberpunk(dolpho's) vs dieselpunk feel.

While the sage held the portal open so that I may escape from that infernal realm, the archer, the priest, that damn thief, along with my steed and I, escaped. At the time I felt sorry for the mage, but now I see at least he had a quick death.
Its been about 4 weeks since we arrived in this desolate place. The thief went first, he tried stealing from our food supply when it started dwindling, so I cut him down. Never liked him anyways. Then went the archer. She became sick after trying to eat from the corpse of some creature that we found. Soon enough the cleric and I found living ones. They moved.... unnaturally. They had six multi-jointed arms, and a long tail like a scorpion's. Their faces are things of horror, I cannot venture to put them into words. They wail like spirits, but are real to the touch. My blade barely effects them, despite the powerful magics there imbued.
The cleric has gone. He was bitten by the creatures and none of his magic could stop the wound from festering. In his final moments he denounced our god and cried tears of blood. I buried him, for he was yet a good man in life. I cannot judge a man on the brink of death, especially with what we have been through. I will remain resolute.
I have found strange artifacts and the ruins of a strange city, with incredibly tall buildings made of rusted steel and stone. Did the creatures build this place? It cannot be, there are writings in common upon massive banners suspended by poles. I do not know what to think of these things.

>Aliens discover earth in modern day time.
>Aliens believe that they have no ancient culture, they are so far forward technologically that something from OUR 100 years ago seems like ancient cave paintings to them.
>They become so infatuated with our history, they force us to relive it everyday, whether or not we like it.
>They take apart our buildings, our paintings, even our music down to the individual particles in their atoms to find out their deeper meanings.
>It's all in vain because the aliens and the humans are so far different that none of it really clicks.
How did I do? Is it at least original?

Sounds like reverse utapau

I think it has merit, it just needs some revising. Seeing things interpreted by people who don't understand them can be fun. What was the name of that fanfic about an old woman butchering a retelling of the Horus Heresy? It could easily work as a short story, showing off a future or alternate Earth, then the twist at the end is that it's not Earth, and nobody's human, just aliens pretending. As for originality, I've seen non-humans recreating human society before in Magnus, Robot Killer, but to be fair the non-humans were robots made by humans. And I've seen humans recreate historical eras for fun (basically themeparks) in Rai and Norstrilia.

As for the source, it's from a cancelled MMO called The Day. Concept is that people create time travel, but ending up fucking time so hard, mostly due to corporations that can be hired to change history, not only is their timestream beyond repair, it's created an alternate Earth. There's a lot more cool concept art for it, but I can't post more here because I'm on my phone now.

Where is that from?

>A ragtag band of criminals dressed as Oz characters extorts organs from hospitals to sell on the black market

>Posting Zdzislaw
>Not posting "This weird dream again? Deja vu!
Come on, man.

>Zdzislaw
Is that the EYE artist or something?

Famous surrealist, killed in a pretty bleak manner.

>He was made to hate, to terrorize, to kill. But he knows, deep inside... he has the heart of a blues musician.

>trenchpunk
I like it. Not that it'll get much exposure, WWI seems to be a footnote compared to WWII.

Cold War style setting. The super powers each have a pantheon of gods which they gain power and wisdom from. Their secret agents are avatars, granted divine powers from a particular god. Not sure what America would draw on though, I feel like it would be too far removed from Christianity to have a Abrahamic-style pantheon. Artificial gods (things like consumerism)? Apotheosis? Straight up elder gods?

Eh, too surreal. Cosmic hitchhiker?

1000 years after the Great Wall of Trump was erected, this is what the border looks like.

I dunno, bad photoshop?

Warframe, but with less fighting, and more emphasis on finding answers.

Destiny 2. Turns out there are other Travelers changing other planets and empowering other races. The Darkness gets fleshed out, and all names that begin with "The" get new, better titles. But Activision still doesn't give you a full game.

DC and Marvel are now owned by the same company. Every issue of every series is now a team-up issue, and also part of that year's 1000-part special event. Shoot me now.

Due to the rising oceans, humanity evacuated Earth via space elevator. The story focuses on the humans who decided to stay behind. The Amish.

Dude. If you're too stupid to come up with anything good, then just shut the fuck up