No, thanks

>Kobolds in his setting aren't dog-like monsters

Other urls found in this thread:

dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But user, don't you want to fuck the Lizards? The sexy, scaly lizards?

>not rats

Skaven pretty much cover ratfolk

Gnolls already got the dog role down
Kobolds being distantly related to dragons fits SO well

Dragonborn should be removed

But Gnolls are hyenas. More related to cats than dogs.

>not having your gnolls bear down on the players riding wargs and leading hordes of dogbolds

>Kobolds in his setting aren't dog-like monsters
Shush, before you awaken the sleeping ones.

Kobolds are still more dog-like than lizard-like in terms of skeletal structure.
My mind is open to the possibility of a fictional creature having traits of more than one animal.

I use echidnabolds like in Dwarf Fortress.

What went wrong?

Nothing.

Everything.

They are not one of the primary player races.

My favorite bit was that kobolds BELIEVE they are descended from dragons.

I mean...how would anyone know? Dragons aren't going to admit to anything, and kobolds themselves probably have self-esteem issues. Only diviner wizards or oracles could figure it out, and they probably have better things to do.

>implying there's not a wizard who spent decades learning the trade just so he could figure out exactly what a Dragon had to fuck to result in Kobolds centuries down the line.

It's like you don't even know what a wizard is.

>Kobolds in his setting aren't matriarchal because the females produce pheromones that mind control males of any species, resulting in dens of small dominant lizard women and their male harems

I shiggy diggy.

>Kobolds in his setting aren't giant mutated shrews and moles

>giant mutated shrews and moles

You know, when you put it that way, lewd lizard feels like it would fit as a DnD or Pathfinder enemy.

Almost tempted to stat a Kobold Matriarch for Pathfinder now. Not even completely for magical realm reasons, it just sounds like a fun concept.

you posted that oic intentionally because it looks like it's taking a dick, didn't you?

>shrews and moles =/= rodents and other japs

I eventually just ducked out of the great f\debate and made my own race of dog-ratmen called ferglings.

TN cause they're more animalistic and fueled by a combination of resourcefulness and laziness. I run them as a combination of Gremlins and rednecks.

Still canines, not different enough

>Still canines
>Literally belong to the suborder Feliformia

But skaven only exist in one setting.

>kobolds in his setting aren't fire-breathing, matriarchal salamander-people

Fuck, beat me to it.

>Fight totem Salazzle
>Are they trying to make this thing sexy?
>No, I'm probably overthinking this
>Evolve my own
>First move it learns is Captivate
>Goddammit Japan

>For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with.
>Female only
Is this the first pokemon they intentionally sexualized

They put Mega Gardevoir in a wedding dress, though I guess that's more waifuing than sexualizing (unless you have one of the most patrician of fetishes). Doesn't Mega Lopunny have markings that look like torn stockings?

What about tsareena?
>needs to know stomp to evolve
>known for its beauty and legs, used in beauty ads
>likes to kick shit, a lot
>considers itself high class
>likes to kick a defeated opponent and laugh loudly while doing so.

Someone is injecting their fetishes into our games!

Everything.

WRONG.

Nothing

Cutebolds, lizardbolds, and dogbolds are scum.

Disagree.

Nope. scaledbolds are the greatest thing to have ever graced dnd.

Why do you insist on willfully being this wrong?

Nope. total shit.

They're monsters. Shitty little monsters. They're another kind of Goblin. The kind that works the poisonous goblin metal.

I dunno dude, those mighty fine 7's in are disagreeing with you.

They're actually pretty clever lore-wise, and have an interesting religion based around reincarnation that thus encourages suicide-tactics that you don't see as much in other races.

>interesting religion based around reincarnation that thus encourages suicide-tactics

So they're basically Warhammer Goblins.

Are they?

I don't know Warhammer in the least bit, if I'm honest. Regardless, it's a thing that wasn't present in DnD.

They are.

And nothing about it relates to kobolds being scaled, or dogs

Well their patron god served a dragon, and their belief in a descent from dragons is kinda neat (though Dragonborn are kinda putting a damper on that shit.)

Worst case, an entire race deluded and manipulated into being slaves to dragons because there's a possibility of them being descendant is interesting and flavorful in its own right.

Kobolds, ratfolk and goblins create an alliance to stand a chance against bigger races.

Give an example how it would go:
1) wrong;
2) right;
3) hilarious.

>Worst case, an entire race deluded and manipulated into being slaves to dragons because there's a possibility of them being descendant is interesting and flavorful in its own right.

I prefer the Dragonborn in that role, because they also have these body horror origins as well.

Otherwise I like the servants of Dragons to be of many races, and not the totality of the race, but greatly varied.

The quads disagree with that statement.

I think it can be interesting to have one race as actual descendants of dragons, and another race believing they're descendant of dragons. Maybe neither is sure which is which, and that leads to conflict.

I don't think a race should actually be the descendants of true dragons. That's the realm of monsters.

Dragonborn, with their body horror origin suit this monstral idea, and aren't true descendants of dragons.

Scaleybolds dilute that thematic space and dampens the gravitas it deserves.

>that image

>not wanting short little sex lizards

I think the crux of the issue is, from what I've dug up in the lore there's no interaction between the kobolds and the dragonborn.

There's interaction between kobolds and gnomes in the form of their gods at conflict, but I've missed/not found any supplemental info that talks about how kobolds feel about the dragonborn.

I think you can have the two linked in a way that isn't diluting anything, but rather creates a more interesting dynamic. One of jealousy, maybe, from one part to another. Dragonborn are shaped by the dragons, kobolds were created from the underling of a dragon. Affirm some form of subservience.

There's a lot of options, and I think saying one or the other needs to go is being unfair to the possibilities that exist already.

>He says, while posting Kobold: The Pokemon

>cold-blooded creature producing steam

>The kobolds in your setting aren't dwarflike monsters

are you kidding? they're quite clearly warboys

LIVE, DIE, LIVE AGAIN

Dragons want to affirm subservience of all things. A race that's created to serve them seems a big dumb. Why do you need that when you have all kinds of creatures.

If anything I much prefer Lizardmen overall to Kobolds for that concept.

So..Warhammer Goblins, or Orkz, or fictional Vikings. Take your pick.

>cold-blooded literally meaning cold blood
>implying its body will instantly match that of the ambient, despite wearing cold-gear.

>dog-like monsters

At least as intelligent as a young human child, able to perform very basic math, able to understand hundreds of words and multiple languages, having an immense emotional capacity and nearly empathic abilities? Able to be trained into dozens of incredibly sensitive and technical skillsets including therapy, bomb detection, trauma response, and search and rescue? Millennia of extended interaction with humans has led to a near symbiotic relationship between the two species?

It's time to design options for a kobold companion.

>im fucking retarded

Cold-blooded creatures body heat IS determined by the ambient. Wearing cold weather gear is not going to have anywhere near the same effect on a cold-blooded creature as on a warm-blooded creature. Cold weather gear works on warm-blooded creatures because they create their own body heat.

Wait... what type of 'bolds does that leave?

Apparently that fugly goblin that he posts in every kobold thread.

> dragons and their progeny being cold-blooded
nigga some of them shit fire

>hurr hurr hurr I'm a fucking idiot
That's what I fucking said, jackass, but cold-gear will still nonetheless insulate the ectotherm and prevent them from radiating their heat, from when they had warmed up in a higher temperature ambient area.

Yknow, like an inn or home or camp, with the kobold warming themselves up enough that they can survive a while in the cold while properly insulated.

And what would that be considered, a Gobold?

Piss off, goblin, you're already in the monster manual.

not if they can gnaw holes between worlds they don't.

Kobolds are goblins.

Yes, because that's what fantasy needs, 8000 different slight variations of "short pointy eared cheeky motherfucker."

That what it has already.

I'm just condensing it down into they're all kinds of Goblins.

So, do you still have tiny lizard people, just with a different name, or are they completely absent in your "everything is a goblin" setting?

I have Lizardmen and Chameleonmen.

Fair enough, I always liked lizardmen more than kobolds anyways, never much cared for "Small" races.

All of the above and probably in end with a civil war with everyone dying.

Tell us more.

How would a human become the king/queen of kobolds?

Post the whole thing

By providing a final solution to the enemies of koboldkind.

like an elf became the king of dwarves
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade

May I ask for the source? Google gives nothing

Dark Places, a brilliant web comic that stops abruptly after that panel. A shame, because up to that point it was fantastic, and is still worth a read anyway.
The artist does a shitty slice-of-life in a professional dungeon "comedy" strip now, it's depressing. I mean, it's not terrible, but it's not very good either, it's just sorta there.

Dark places, first hit off "Kos, kobold, comic"

>kobold are just anthro dogs
That is the most boring design I have seen. At least he could make them look less like typical breeds and more like doglike goblins.

>that stops abruptly after that panel
Should I really get infested in it only to be guaranted let down?

Well, I guess it depends on you and how you handle that sort of thing. The guy hasn't outright said he's never doing it again, just that he got burnt out and wanted to do something different for a change.
But there's still a lot of cool stuff in what there is, and between mysterious world stuff and strange imagery, it could be useful brain food for worldbuilding a dark fantasy universe if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm going to regret this, but I'll check it out. Thanks I guess

Agreed. It might be the first time I see a Japanese author's take on something and find myself thinking this. Usually their stuff errs more on the side of crazy than boring and uninspired.

> implying that Jar-jar binks hybrid kobolds arent the best
> Not wanting big floppy ears on your lizardwaifu

I checked it all out and I loved every single of those stories of which none will ever be finished... T-thanks

Seems too tall and slim (though hard to say for sure with no context), but otherwise it is a fitting enough design, yes.

you're pretty wrong on this man. and I was prepared to have your back. but a super quick google search made it impossible.

>the dragons are mindless beasts
>the three dominant races are human, elf, and dwarf
>the elves live in the forest, the humans on the plains, and the dwarves in the mountains
>all the innkeepers have identical personalities
>the town guard doesn't move an inch when the players kill someone in plain sight

>Saluki
That's something you don't see too often

Kobolds are just smaller goblins. Anything else is nerd fantasy wank.

There is a million ways you can do kobolds.

>his kobolds aren't therapsids

what a pleb.