How do you suppose the millions of Cadian Guardsmen currently deployed across the galaxy will react to the loss of...

How do you suppose the millions of Cadian Guardsmen currently deployed across the galaxy will react to the loss of their beloved home?

Do you suppose the stuff in regimental standard about the Munitorum pretending Cadia never existed and classifying it is just GW memeing? Surely even a police state as oppressive as the Imperium couldn't pull that off.

I ask because I'm thinking of doing up some Cadians in a funerary/mourning/repentant sort of scheme to represent how some of them mighta gone nihilist batshit in response to Cadia's fall, but I'm getting stuck in the details because black would just look edgy and retarded.

They join the death korp.

Don't forget that not all of the Cadian Shock Troops are from Cadia. There's a fair few fortress worlds in the Cadia System.

That being said, the Kasrkin are generally batshit already. I remember the guy pulling teeth out of Orks for trophies in Gunheads.

They're all Cadian culturally though, I assume, because Cadian culture is defined by its omnipresent militarisation and growing up staring into the Eye of Terror knowing it's staring right back in hunger.

I imagine losing their spiritual home, the 'capitol' of the Cadian city, would be comparable in its effect on morale to losing their spiritual liege

Cadian system*, not city, sorry. I'm a retard. Maybe you talking about kasrs threw me.

my lad

ur gey

Go with gray dust to dust ashes to ashes.

They will never be Catchacans so it doesn't matter

>catachan gets destroyed in the 14th black crusade
>every jungle fighter regiment in the galaxy breaks into spontaneous celebration because FINALLY SOMEONE KILLED IT
>net lifespan across the imperium goes up 4.5 years to reflect reduced mortality

They get reassigned by the Astra Militarum into the Cadeanus(tm) Vengeancer(tm) corps of course.

In regards to the Regimental Standard, I'm sure that the article you're referring to is exactly the sort of thing the Imperium would put out. However, they probably put out a similar article for every time some shit goes down (i.e when a planet gets exterminatus'd). So only the most naive and foolish would read it and think "oh, good! Cadia stands!" but most would read it and have varying reactions from 5-9 on the "oh shit-ometer."

Why not paint your cadians with more of a pissed-off vengeance idea rather than a nihilist all-is-lost idea? Cadians strike me as the sort who would lose their shit if they learned that Cadia fell, going around killing Chaos for having the gall to turn their home into a spawn-world for daemons.

>Joining the worst regiment

If they are going to turn into a highly disciplined regiminetof mopers at least they can go to the one with quality waifus.

Or they could get with a regiment that aren't a bunch of edgy faggots. You know, like Catachans, Vostroyans, Mordians, etc.

They'll be proud that Cadia broke before the Guard did, and it'll just make them want to push their feet so far up Abaddon's ass that he tastes boot for years to come.

>Such is life.png

There are no more Cadians in the galaxy. FoC says that the 2 million survivors are all what's left. If they die, then the bloodlines and legend of Cadia end with them,

Pretty ballsy squatting the vanilla regiment have to give them that.

But im sure they will recover, its unlikely they WONT be awarded a planet.

They rove around the galaxy in the ships. The Cadian Armada is now their homes.

I thought the Cadians were a lot more wide spread then that though. Didn't they colonize the planets they reconquered?

I believe in in-universe explanation for every other guard army looking like cadians was the fact that whenever the fighting on Cadia died down and the population boomed, they would send regiments off to re-take and colonize other worlds. Then you'd get new worlds that used Cadian gear and fighting style

See, I thought that Cadia just made an excess amount of gear and the Munitorium isn't going to just let it sit in a warehouse for centuries, so they arm other regiments with it.

I thought Cadians just used a very neutral pattern because of the sheer quanity of them and because of that other regiments get issued the same until they have a success rate high enough to actualy dedicate a forge to manufactoring their goods.

Everyone else get the generic Cadian patterns since they are VERY heavily tested by now.

Bit of column A, bit of column B...

They celebrate it the same way blood angels celebrate Sanguinala.

I assume all the Regimental Standard is just GW memeing in a heavy-handed attempt at looking like they're in-touch with their fanbase. Probably not worth taking seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up similar to the Tanith First and Only, just a bunch of Guardsmen hopping from campaign to campaign without a world to call home, trying to keep the memory of their homeworld alive.

Also, some sources have said that Cadians are basically the IG equivalent of Ultramarines, in that other regiments try and copy them. Obviously just GW bullshitting an in-universe excuse for not expanding regiments apart from CST and Catachans into full model ranges, but whatever.

>regiment whose sole reason for existing is being a rambo reference
>not edgy

And if the rumours are true, and we get Age of Emprah, they'll all be equipped with Doomserpent Lasryfles™, Tempestfrag Explosors™, and Thundredcrack Detonators™, and wear Macroflak Carapace™ and Adjectivespam Ironplate™.

Meh, those orks were dead. Batshit would be pulling teef out of live orks. And by 'batshit' I do of course mean 'Armageddon Ork Hunters'.

Kasrkin plastic kit when?

I know they just fall under Tempestus Scions now, and those already have a generic kit, but they've had the ability to do Kasrkin in plastic for a while now. I remember thinking that they were the best part of the CST range back in 3rd, and the sculpts still hold up now, so redoing the old design in plastic would be super.

Hopefully GW gives Cadians a supplement or something in 8th, at least as long as they don't get some bullshit AoS/trademark cringe rename like

Gave me a chuckle there m8.

I'm hoping IG get the traitor legions treatment, like Regiment tactics or something that adds bonus like chapter tacts and the legion tactics.
One for each Imperial Guard regiment that hasn't been done/updated, might also see something similar for tempestus since some guard regiments are mostly storm troopers like karskin and harakoni warhawks.
Now that I consider this, it sounds awesome.

they are not pretending that cadia didn't exist but portraying it in propaganda as if it was not all that important; the now orphans of the storm cadians surely still remember the glory of that bastion as will anyone who isn't a tool; they just won't express it in front of an imperial agent out loud.

go full flagellant regiment.

as much as i would love it i feel that would be less likely then traitor legions, almost all imperial guard regiments are very old.

Rambo is probably the opposite of edgy you stupid fuck.

The last Regimental Standard blog with Captain Catachan had a little note for Cadians, acknowledging the destruction of the planet and lauding their bravery, calling them Orphans of the Storm.
It's a good nickname for your Regiment.

I don't get it did Cadia actually get destroyed?

Different kinds of edge. Not all edginess is emo.

Sucked into the Warp. Whether that means it's destroyed or not is unknown. It could always reappear as a daemon world or a ghost planet that blinks in and out of existence, depending on whether GW wants to revisit it again.

how is fucking cool super soldier hero edgy?
The only thing you could call edgy about rambo is maybe the forst and catachan don't really drw from that one.

>PTSD'd soldier who refuses to kill and just want to be left alone is edgy

Okay then.
Note that I'm talking the original rambo, before it became a baseline Hollywood action flick.

It was destroyed in that it was rammed by parts of a black fortress and the planet started to crack and burst. It was then sucked into the warp.

>>PTSD'd soldier who refuses to kill and just want to be left alone is edgy
That sounds pretty fucking edgy to me.

There's a difference between edgy and gritty user.

Not everything that is "dark" is edgy.

Rambo would be gritty. Orignally, he doesn't kill anyone, has his own demons and doesn't want to get back to war generally speaking, ie hurt anybody.
He's a fairly standard PTSD'd special forces guy in that regard.

Do tell me how he's edgy. With proper arguments.

What if it's not gone? What if it lives on in the warp, holding the line eternal?

What if it comes back with Cadia having spent thousands of years in the warp fighting off daemons, but in real time only 10 years later?

>It reappears 10 minutes later, rearmed and fully repopulated
>Abaddon's fucking face when

Please stop posting, you are making a fool of yourself.

Sadness, anger, swear vengeance..... you know, regular human emotions you get when you lose something you live.

Although, to be honest, I doubt most of them will find out at all. Communications is pretty shitty in the imperium even without interference from the police state and you don't get to waste astropaths on sending letter from back home.

Odds are that senior commanders will find out in short order and then inform the men as they see fit or as further orders dictate.

The remnants of Cadia will be an army of Doomguys. Hell, I could see GW pulling this out for Age of the Emperor. It'd move models in mass quantities if they had an army of semi-phantom soldiers in some kind of containment armor.

>Doesnt know about the Void Whale.

but toofs rot after a short while.

Cadians were the standard guardsman regiment since their creation in 2E. Maybe even before, since they draw a lot from RT uniforms.

>Legion of the Damned, but guardsmen.
I can dig it.

But being a war veterans who becomes disillusioned with conflict and wants to be left alone is a pretty normal thing.

Teleporting behind people for work-related reasons isint. Neither is your degree in edgology.

this would be fucking dope

Yeah there are cadians all over the show

>Sucked into the warp
>Thinking the Cadians will give up from just that
Mark my words, all this will accomplish is making the Cadians fight even harder.

you know, i almost expect one of the primarchs to come out of the warp with a fuckton of post Warp sucked in cadians at their back armed to the teeth and nasty as almighty hell. would be a great oh shit moment for poor ol failbaddon.

I want to believe

what would the bfg be in 40k? a plasma canon in small hand held form?

Some kinda melta-plasma hybrid. S7 AP1 Heavy 1 24" Blast Lance Gets Hot

OP here. Surprised to see this piece of shit still alive.

>51864579
Making a note of that. Thanks user.

Gonna build these lads up as a vengeful flagellant as a few of you guys have suggested. Probably gonna use the Cadians as a gunline core for an army that uses a lot of Ecclesiarchy units from Imperial Agents.

Kasrkin actually don't appear to fall under Scions, they're simply the best Cadian soldiers. I also don't know why you think they'd do any name changes considering IG already got a 6th Edition codex. Shit, AoS didn't even really do much renaming for the Fantasy armies it kept around.

Same colors but give them a black helmet or black armband. Or paint one of the shoulderguards black or red. Perhaps they could take a note from the death company and do black with a red X

The Orucks would beg to differ lol

As would the aelves, duardin, nighthaunts,soulblights . . .

It would so very easy and so very awesome. That's why it won't happen.