Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Tau vs Land Raiders edition

Old showdown
>The dread eldar known as Dunc-enii
youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA ← (some fresh PDFs, hail the PDF)

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Here's the list builder, but if you've actually bothered to read this far, ask for it anyway!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another roster making program that may or may not be a broken piece of shit
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dark eldar always welcome)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for nids

nth for the ninth.

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Riptide is "OP". It's not. They're the Tau's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider. If they bring multiple and in the Wing, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Kroot are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Tau auxiliaries had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Tau player would know that some well supported fire warrior unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Tau players complain about "muh Battlesuits or muh Riptides" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the battle suits. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Tau players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

Can someone share Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father Horus Heresy audiodrama?

Does CCON not do IG?

R8 I wrote this before Fall of Cadia came out also before I knew about the dedicated transports option but it should be fairly intuitive

>Also Kroot are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Tau auxiliaries had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

they literally had a codex before. it was awesome.

but gw hates fun.

Jaded Blood Angels player here.
R8 my list.

Aren't Maleceptors shit?

A Riptide reaches across the board and deletes entire squads from turn 1 with little risk. A terminator squad in a LR takes 2-3 turns to even reach combat.

I want to build an Ork army centered around fliers. Dakkajets, Bommas, Stormboyz, probably even Warkoptas for even more flying stuff.

How well would this sort of thing work out? Are there any planes I should take/avoid? Anything particularly good I should stick in the copters?

>Land Raiders
>ever worth their points
>compared to a Riptide
Terminators working the way they should is a bit more plausible but even that is often a coinflip and not comparable to what a single Riptide can do in comparison, considering the hoops you have to jump through in order to even get Assault Terminators into combat in the first place.

SPACE WOLF PLAYERS

What is different about your average army that sets it apart from vanilla Marines? What unique units do you often take? Is the army dynamic different from vanilla, and if so, how?

They are. They're 200 points for a crappy MC with a crappy witchfire.

They don't even get a good Invuln like Zoanthropes. Would have been so easy to make them walking psychic tanks with long-range Warp Lances, Force talons, and ways to deflect bullets, but no.

Does that GW zigzag foam shit hold raiders well?

Quit using shit units like Riptides and we won't complain.

Yes, but the models look pretty cool.

Like 95% of the codex.

You can make a wulfen jammed into skywolf with wolf riders list, and it actually kinda rules.

I recently got the Deathwatch Overkill box plus already have three full squads of genestealers, if i wanted to grow my army where would i go from here? I as thinking about picking up Subterranean Uprising or some trucks which is better?

>they don't know the meme

How are people falling for this?

Both are good, sub up is better, but no reason not to take both.

This is my favorite copypasta.

Well meme'd, friend.

How do I properly Black Templar?

And how do I win small point tournaments where a Land Raider costs to much for with it?

Kroot aren't shit. They're the Tau's TEQ

Yeah, it takes up a whole sheet though

Did it start as a real, un-ironic post? If so, my sides...

Use skyhammer.

You get rid of all the genestealers, remove the inquisition iconography and play minotaurs.

Do what CSM do. Scream and charge directly at the enemy and then complain that your army is underpowered when it fails.

Pretty sure the battlesuit with 4 toughness and 2+ armor is the Tau's TEQ.

It's just that Broadsides are focused on stationary shooting rather than the slow advance of normal terminators.

Not only was it unironic, the OP defended his statement incessantly, going so far as to deface the 1d4chan page we made in his honor.

Later on he came back with another shitty wall of text

Guard bros, post up. What are you working on? Any new combinations you're working towards trying?

I had good times last game using Misfortune with Wyverns and Punishers. Felt like I had 2 Pask's. I'm excited to try Emperor's Wrath and I'm hoping to eventually get the models to run an Emperor's Talon.

Stormsurges are the Tau's real TEQ

Got it, I was just thinking of which to get first because money. Also how many flamers does that come with? two or three? because those are really good.
Weak bait

Nice meme

Just wait for Angelus to drop my blood-bound brother.

There's a page? Gimme!

It's like they can't play 3 batteries of hades autocannon rapiers, spam havocs, use cheap compulsory cultists, and bring a warhound.

Are Dark Angels the least loved 7th edition codex?

>No supplement
>Only people without a start collecting box
>No releases
>No new formations/rules since the codex

Even Orks and Tyranids have gotten supplements...

>Warhound
It's shit, and this is coming from someone that actually owns one of the fuckers. No way is it worth 720 points.

It might be okay if made a Daemon Titan of Tzeentch and Grimoire'd, but it would still struggled to make its points back over the whole game.

The 30k version is alright because of the buffs it gets, but still struggles for similar reasons.

Don't take a Titan. Take a Renegade Knight, or two if you really must blow your points on big models.

So basically something like pic related?

Angelus is 30k only
And I've barely started building my legion

Hey I bought Space Hulk can I play with you cool guys!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD ANGELS!

>Also how many flamers does that come with? two or three? because those are really good.
You mean the sub uprising? You can put flamer pistols on any model, but at 5ppm I wouldn't run more than a few.

They're literally getting shit in the next book.

I'd there a way to play tau without being cheesy? I like the look of the XV8s and all the stealth units

>1d4 has its own dedicated userbase that isn't necessarily inclusive of Veeky Forums's or even Veeky Forums's
That's because TV Tropes loves to link 1d4 in its 40k pages for some reason.

Sorry, I meant how many would be in the box

>Even Orks and Tyranids have gotten supplements...
Before the DA update, which is also solid as fuck. Stop complaining.

Post armies and say what you're working on

Almost finished a squad of scourges and just received my beast pack in the mail

sure.

use a regular cad. dont take any riptides or stormsurges.

crisis suits are totally fine when they arent included in some retarded formation.

painting guardsmen
about to build a second CCS box

If you don't take Riptides and try not to spam, you should be fine. You could probably go Farsight enclaves, take crisis troops, and then take Stealth suits to support them.

Main thing I would warn against with that is not optimizing your Crisis suits too hard. Try to avoid spamming single man teams, throw in some burst cannon or missile squads for variety. Generally just mix things up.

Take no more than 1 unit of crisis, and 1 ghostkeel (no optimized stealth cadre). No other suits except stealth suits. You can easily still makea good army relying on hammerheads and infantry.

Imo it's the way tau SHOULD be played. Their mechs should be specialust units, not the backbone of their army.

Does this seem fun to run in weak meta for kill team? The people at my shop seem to bring in a little bit of everything but never spam anything.

Trouble is that the game doesn't reward playing generalist infantry.

Exactly.

You can still run 30k rules for 40k. You actually get assmarines as troops. Blade of Perdition is pretty bonkers also.

What's a fun army that doesn't cost an insane amount. I've been playing guard but want to dip into something else because of how garbage they are.

mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

Custodes.

I hadn't heard of this, is it confirmed by GW?

It works fine if you're not playing against tossers.

If you're going to play competitive playeplayers then they don't get to complain when you fill the board with battlesuits.

Meanwhile! On the Lord of Skulls page

>Still do great in tournaments

Come back when you ALSO suck, then maybe you can get a new book.

Played a 1500 Pt game today and won another glorious victory for the Imperial Guard what are you up to tonight thread? Any batreps or models you've recently painted?

Also at what point value would you say it's alright to bring a super heavy?

Considering Cypher is coming and shown with a crapload of black Dark Angels, with a Dark Angel helmet and their banner on the box art for the Triumvirate, it's pretty safe to assume that they'll be getting an upgrade in the form of Cypher's guys.

Cypher and all the fallen around him in the images pretty much confirm it.

>30k
Just because the GW Custodes kit is plastic does not make the army cheap. We already have the Caladius and friends, and the Contemptors, all with FW pricetags. When the conversion kits come I expect the army's pricetag will make another leap.

The Lord of Skulls is even worse garbage than Titans, but that's GW's fault for giving it a meme pricetag. Use the Kytan instead.

Here comes the airplane!

1d4chan.org/wiki/Riptides_aren't_OP_in_7th

Posted the army last thread, but at the moment I'm torn.

I have a bunch of Sisters long overdue for painting, but I also have a bunch of batmans to assemble and paint.

Personally I don't think superheavies/huge walkers should be allowed in any less than 2000 points. Bringing a knight to 1500 is a dick move.

Eh, I was more complaining in a general sense, in that basic infantry have become more and more irrelevant as time goes on.

What was your army list?

Yup. Looking for an army that I can run without being the back that's fun to play.

True. But if both players run heavy infantry it's still fun.

That's because generalists cost more, because they don't get a discount based on the fact that doing 5 things half-decently doesn't matter when you'll only do 2 in any given match.

We didn't even get a start collecting box and will probably be the last legion to get 30k rules. Tau and space wolves both got supplements and they are good.

Thanks anons, I haven't been keeping abreast of the rumour/spoiler mill.

Breaking the bank*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why the fuck don't lascannons in heavy weapons teams have an entry on the other side for the battery and power lead? They all end up looking sameface as fuck.

Which is fine, but it'd be nice to be able to match up against a larger variety of lists.

Don't.

Don't be that guy that brings Skyhammer in a sub 1000 game.

Get a Chaplain or Captain, build him however you think looks coolest, stick him with a bunch of angry dudes that match his mobility type (foot, jump or bike) and go wreck some shit in melee like a champion of the Emperor should.

Use one of these as a small Death Star depending on what HQ you run.

Honor Guard in a pod.
Command Squad on Bikes.
Vanguard with Packs.

Look for efficient means of antibiotics light vehicle, you can punch or ignore the heavy stuff. Devastators with Missiles can work, Land Speeder Typhoons can also lay down some light AT work for cheap and Stormtalons are as awesome as ever.

You probably don't need much anti-horde, as you can sweep most of them that aren't fearless, although Thunderfire Cannons are practically anti-everything.

Also everything that you plan on moving even an inch needs to either be fast or in a Transport. I like pods, but Rhinos can work too.

Same reason there aren't left handed models. It would take up too much plastic.

Space Wolves.

Two start collecting boxes and some armour and you got 1500pts right there.

my chapter master picks up hookers by being pulled on a hover chariot by wolves. how does your chapter master get some tail?

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single DeffDredd is "OP". It's not. They're the Ork's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider. If they bring multiple and in the Wing, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Grots are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If the small greenskins had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Ork player would know that some well supported Nob unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Ork players complain about "muh Deff Dredds or muh Trukks" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the Gargants. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Ork players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

He grabs the tails of one of your space furries since they're always in their "fursuit" armor.

I bring skyhammer in 500 pt games

>unpainted models
why do people do this

i feel like you post a lot. how many games do you play a week?

and 1850pts. anything below that i think you should say something beforehand.

Nigga, he's literally the pimpest of all Chapter Masters. See that picture of the Emperor on his wall? That's what happened the last time that sucker asked him for a duel. He's still on life support. And now that Robert Gullman is waking up, Papa Smurf is going to need to remind him who's really in charge of this Imperium.

they're subhumans

dude an imperial knight is going to take a while to paint

No worse than a few Rhinos (though they can be kind of a bitch). Unless you're doing complex freehand and such.

A basecoat isn't that hard at all.

>how does your chapter master get some tail?
By standing out in the open and letting it come to him.

>Been in the hobby for two months now
>Have only played one casual game against a friend
>Don't want to bring unpainted shit to the club because I want to make a decent impression and not be that guy

i get you, but if you can't just base-coat it without any details and then send it out