Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Adventuring Parents Edition:

Does your character have children? How old are they? Do they take their kids with them on adventures? Do they have their newborns strapped to their back? Arguably its safer than leaving them at home with asshole GMs. How does one raise children while maintaining the high action lifestyle of an adventurer?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game#newtopic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As a note, for all of you traveling new parents out there.

Satchel, Familiar
This armored case provides total cover to any Tiny or smaller creature contained within it. It includes air holes (which can be plugged with cork stoppers if you need to go underwater) and two receptacles for food and water

It feels extra wrong to use not just art, but an image of relevant product from another Veeky Forums general as OP. Like, confusing, you know?

Yeah I'm gonna agree with this user, this is fucking stupid.

Good shit is good shit.

>Does your character have children? How old are they? Do they take their kids with them on adventures

Yes, he's got a teenage daughter named Adelina.

He didn't ask for this, but apparently she's the lynchpin to the BBEG's plans, being a sort of magical conduit forged through centuries of careful genetic selection by a Hamadryad goddess that has been tampering with my character's bloodline since the first boats arrived on her continent.

The Hamadryad is not the BBEG, by the way. She's a good albeit awkward mom and very nice lady. The BBEG is a witch who is the antithesis of the Hamadryad. She is neither a good lady or a good friend.

We were on page 7, you nitwit.
Why.

Is it time to start reviewing backstories for Taldor Ascendant?

How do you really feel about the Self Pact avowed?

Would you let someone play a level 8+ Self Pact avowed?
Would you let them take Overcharge Modulation?
Would you let them take Altered Life?
Would you let them dip into unchained Scaled Fist?
Would you let them take Martial Training and a martial tradition for Bronze Knuckle and Pugilist Stance?

That game is still a few weeks off, though.

Why would we review backstories for a game that isn't going to happen?

Altered life?

Nothing much else to do.

Because you're bored, sitting there, with your left hand on your face and right hand on the mouse.

Also to fantasize about who your char would waifu/husbandu

Bloodforge. Lets you use Wisdom or Charisma for HP.

docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit

Altered Life (Heritage)
Your unusual nature affects your vitality, bolstering you in ways different from other mortals.
Prerequisites: Aberration, fey, ooze, plant, or undead type.
Benefit: Choose Wisdom or Charisma. You calculate your bonus hit points per Hit Die based on the chosen ability score instead of your Constitution.

Use a trait to qualify.

Also from Avowed 2.

That's right, Forrest WANTS you to take it on Avowed.

My Black Blade Magus has a boy he's adopted that he found in a sort of time capsule along with his Black Blade, turns out both of them were put there by a group of adventurers from hundreds of years ago that knew me and my crew would come along and find them.

He's since grown up into the town's local superhero since it turned out he'd been essentially made into a half-dragon through magical experimentation.

Dear christ that's too strong. Why not just make cha give you skill ranks too.

Because it's only fair since Intelligence gets Student of Philosophy, Orator, Magdh, etc.?

There's still mileage in WotR, Taldor is slow coming.

>Dhampirs
>having children

It's a nice pastime. Dunno that we need to start yet though.

I mean, you still need CON for fort saves and max (or should that be min?) negative HP before death.

It is very hard to get Int to saves, attack, and damage. I can't think of ways off the top of my head to get it to initiative or HP.

Trading out Int for skills is not nearly on the same level as Cha to saves, attack, damage, initiative, AC, and HP.

If you think it is you're actually retarded.

Somebody better make that C-U-T-E character concept discussed in the last thread, the retired war heroine called out to do one last mission!

I'm playing a Dhampir right now who was raised in a normal human family until everyone he grew up with out-aged him and died, making him set off as an adventurer. His biggest angst is the knowledge that he can't have children and settle down to return to the calm he grew up with.

Avowed co-writer here! Basically, our intention is to balance the three stats we've chosen to make the Avowed potentially dependent on. An Avowed with EITHER Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience or Heart of Aether/Heart of Magic uses one stat for spellcasting, health, and fortitude saves. An Avowed with either Embodiment of Aether or Aether Duelist uses a single ability score for both attack rolls and spellcasting.

This is why we don't have plans for Wisdom or Intelligence based Avowed - the bonus to Will saves/perception and skill ranks is much harder to directly quantify, and thus balance. There is the concern of a fully Charisma-SAD Avowed with Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience/Aether Duelist/Noble Scion (War), which isn't really something Strength or Constitution based Avowed can compete with, but as I'm sure you've already noticed Strength Avowed do seem to be considered the SAD kings already, and that's a delicate balance that we're antsy about tinkering with.

> Take your kids with you on you dangerous travels across the known world.

That sounds like a bitchin upbringing. that said, if you applied to any game with that kind of backstory they'd call you a Mary Sue quick fast and in a hurry.

Honestly, I tire of these 'get whatever I want to whatever I want' things.

Why do we have separate stats if that's all we're gonna do?

Why do I wish to fuck that woman?

That's how 4e got made.

That isn't really the point here. Cha to Attack, Damage, AC, Saving Throws, HP, Initiative, and Pseudo-Spellcasting is WAAAAAY too much.

She's built to get fucked.

I'm ok with a bit of it. Like "substitute skill for another skill" kind of stuff.

In certain instances the complaint stems from the fact that we can easily explain why a stat should be able to be used in place of the other one (like in the case of Bruising Intellect)

That said, stuff like what's apparently happening with the Avowed is a mess and needs to be cleaned up.

You know, I'm surprised Kingdom Death art hasn't caught on for character art here. I mean it's all very fetishy, but it's not like that does a whole lot of stopping /pfg/.

It's not anime art, so we can't suffer KD to live.

So in a campaign I just began we were ambushed by thugs. One of the thugs survived. I have stabilized him and nailed him inside a crate but honestly am unsure what I should do with him. Any suggestions?

I already made his clothing into bandages for latter.

Well, I've gotten my first real applicant for my game.
Here's hoping that more of you wish to join in,
and here's the link again for those who might want it.
Game time will vary depending on when the majority
of quality applicants can play, so even if you're not
good for Mondays feel free to send one in anyway!

I...I think you forgot something.

GOD DANGIT I FORGOT THE LINK AGAIN: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game#newtopic
I really need to go to bed...

Hey man, I'm just as surprised as you are. Kingdom Death has excellent art of sexy ladies in varying degrees of undress, which is perfect for most busty barbarians or mages.

Heck, when's the last time we've seen a proper slutty wizard, witch or sorceress?

What stats should a slayer have?

Kensai gets int to a lot of stuff.

To be fair, AC, saving throws, HP, initiative, and spellcasting were already available with an Oradin build - and they didn't really need attack rolls. And - while this is entirely anecdotal, and inherently flawed - typically I've found that there are significant diminishing returns after a certain point when it comes to being SAD, once you have an 18 in a given stat. You COULD take Altered Life and Unnatural Resilience... or you could just go with a 16 Constitution. You're spending 2 feats for a +1 to +2 bonus to Fortitude and HP per level, which feels fairly weak. The same goes for Noble Scion (spending a feat for a +2 initiative when you could just... take improved initiative with a 16 dex).

Strength > Dexterity > Wisdom = Intelligence

You need enough Strength to do damage and then you can get away with whatever the fuck you want in your other stats depending on build. Slayer's probably the most versatile pure martial in their options.

I prefer cute naive busty wizards/witches/sorceresses who are timid and quiet until you get them in the sack then they're very loud.

Our game just went mythic at level 6 and I'm playing a blaster arcanist. She's already able to chuck a 10d6 DC 21 fireball, or a mythic version for 6d10+2d6 burn.

However, fireball caps out pretty soon. What is another spell that I should start planning for that'll surpass it in sheer destructive capability?

I think most people would complain loudly if you stuffed them in a sack.

18, 17, 16 for first lvl?

If you don't know what you're doing always 18.

What is the appeal of a Strength-based self pact avowed when the Spirited Swordsmanship feat exists, and when Charisma actually contributes to useful skills?

My character is from a short-lived species who also don't breed very easily, so she spends a lot of time thinking about having kids.

On the other hand, she also has trouble finding members of her race.

Tell you character that all she needs to do is find a willing human or a dragon, those species are somehow physiologically compatible with almost anything.

>encouraging characters to get SCALED

cuck.

A half-dragon Strix sounds like it could be pretty cute. Coal-skinned coatl babies!

But where do I find a willing, good-natured dragon interested in more than just bedding and leaving. And is there a way to get around the whole 'dragons are fucking enormous' thing? I'm not much into earth-splitting dragon cocks.

Mechanically, they benefit from size bonuses, which you rarely get to Charisma. Fluffwise, some people like the idea of being a muscle wizard.

hey animepost user where were you for the last three weeks since the last Avowed 1 revision came out, or maybe even for the month before that when embodiment of aether self pact avowed was still a thing that existed and nobody seemed to care

Not all dragons are all that big, and even then most of them can self-transform if the size difference is still an issue. As for where, well, that depends on what kind of dragon you want to find! Most of them live in caves but some are in forests, some in seas, some in cities! The possibilities are endless just like their stamina in bed.

You think he's worth something on the black market? You could try selling him.

You could even pretend to save him by opening the crate, assuming it wasn't clear you threw him in there.

Or you could consider the karmic implications of what you do.

I have one main rule for my players: Don't break my game. This is one of the things that I'd view as suspect, but overall it probably wouldn't screw things up more than someone trying to play a Warder.

Any save or die spell heh

Metamagic feats mythic versions

He was used for breeding stock in a lot of skeevy experiments or by baby-crazy slave-mistresses, but that's something he'd rather not acknowledge.

Otherwise, he might get a little careless with the bachelor's snuff, but he'd rather just find a nice lady and settle down, make a new family to replace the one he never knew.

There's actually two tricks to taking babby into the field:

1) Make the party the extended family. That includes you for their own kids. No training can come close to having top-class experts with a personal attachment to your child offering hands-on experience and one-on-one training.

One warning though; these children will not grow up normal by *ANY* measure; their common sense will be your common sense; not the random villagers. Expect them to be even more deranged than you.

2) remember who's in the front-lines and who isn't. Get Pitfighter's babby well acquainted with uncle Heavy-Gunner. One good silencing spell job on the Madsens later and:
>aw, why don't you just leave him here with me, nothing'll get close, isn't that right? yes it is. yes it is! go play in the acid breath, we're good here

Understand these basic rules and your growing sidekicks are destined for greatness.

>You think he's worth something on the black market? You could try selling him.
My character is not willing to sell someone into slavery. I am also not willing to sell him to be made into street soup.

Of the four thugs 2 ran, 1 died, and 1 is not in the crate. I buried the dead one properly and gave him his religious rights I knew.

I can't just let him go because him and his friends tried to kill me and my friends, but they weren't targeting me specifically. I think he and his buddies may have just been street thugs.

>You could even pretend to save him by opening the crate, assuming it wasn't clear you threw him in there.
No I did it in front of the party, they all know the guy is in a crate in the corner of my home. However the party seems to treat my character is "I don't know and I don't want to know what you do with him".

Is she a Self Pact Avowed, user?

Hell no, she's a spheres of might striker; someone even statted her out with the class before.

Who ever is running trove 1
The maps to Strange Aeons is wrong, 1 is the first to Hell's Vengeance
And everyone there after is the proper map to the prior label (labeled map 2 - Thrushmoor Terror is actually map 1 - in search of Sanity answer ect.)

OK, your party knows it was you, but does the thug know?

My party knows it was me. This is how the situation went down.

>party is over at my character's home
>my character is a street doctor who runs a free clinic
>suddenly some guys burst in, badly injured
>have just enough time to get two stable and get the story out of them
>they got ambushed by some guys while moving a shipment of opium pretty sure it was opium
>my character didn't expect combat so he stayed in the back and used CLW on the two injured guys who came in and sent them back out with the rest of my part to go fight
>fight ends pretty quickly with two guys running away
>I tell the party to drag in the dead and unconscious guy
>we search and strip them
>we find out the guys are gangsters and about the shipment
>they are grateful and offer to put in a good word for us with their boss
>everyone sees me as I take a crate out of the corner, stabilize the unconscious guy, tie him up, and nail him inside the crate
>tell them to leave the other body there and I'll take care of it
>gangsters leave, say they'll talk it over with their boss, if their boss likes the sound of us they'll come back tomorrow
>I spend the evening making bandages out of the dead man's clothing, burying him, and giving the unconscious guy broth to keep him alive then renailing him into the crate after putting in rag padding so he doesn't chafe
>expect guy to be out for 2-3 more days unless I decide to use CLW on him I'm a witch with the healing hex so I can basically any time
>now I have to decide what to do with the guy

So the thugs who came in for help know I have the guy, my party knows I have the guy, his friends probably have no idea the guy is still alive and that I have him.

>Uses Soul as a forcefield instead of wearing armor
>Fire blasts as part of every unarmed strike.
>Shoots explosive firebolts when she needs range

I'll give you that Tension does her berserker mode really well, but she has at least a few levels in Self-Pact Avowed as well. If she's not just a gestalt of both

>Armorless Aegis
>Gun Kata
>Those energy blast are from a weapon, not from her

The only one that kind of works is 'soul as armor', but that can be done with armorless aegis, using adrenaline surge for temp HP, gaining resources off of being attacked (similar to how her semblance works), and the rest of it really just screams Striker.

What int should have a good skill monkey?

If by that you mean what should a skill monkey's Int be? Depends on the skill points you'd get otherwise. Something like a Wizard or Living Grimoire would need as high as you can get, of course, and a Bard would probably need about 12-14, but as a Rogue or something else with a base of 8, you might be good with Int 10 or 11. Provided you could add on something like FCB or Human's extra skill rank per level.

Depends on how many class features you get. An Investigator or an Int caster has plenty, so pump that to 18 if you can.

If you're something like a rogue, slayer, or ranger, then 14 is good enough.

Less kind of, more "90%+ Fluff Match".

Also, direct quote from the show:
>All of our tools and equipment are conduits for Aura.

If that's not a 90%+ fluff match for Aether Channel, I don't know what is.

As said, probably a multiclass/dip/gestalt combo of the two.

what char do you want to be, if not the primary face, at least contribute to conversations? Also what about combat related stjff

What are some things you always buy at character creation? I always feel like I'm missing stuff that could be useful.

Dice, Cards, and Dominoes.

You can afford to knock off a point or two from your Int (provided you're not an Int-reliant caster) if you have a class feature that lets you get something like two skills for the price of one. Bard's Versatile Performance, for example.

Bachelor snuff/night tea as appropriate for your sex.

What?

>A journal and either ink or charcoal to write with.
>An extra article of clothing or two that's personalized somehow, even if it's just in a favorite color.
>Some extra rations of the character's favorite food/drink.
>A cheap holy text or wooden holy symbol. Silver if you've got both cash to burn and the idea that your character would care more about keeping up appearances.
>A spiked gauntlet to throw the dueling weapon quality on at high levels.
>A dagger--even if you'll never use it as a holdout weapon, it's a tool, it's a dinner utensil, it's a last-chance handhold, etc.

They're birth control, usable at a rate of one dose per 24 hours. I think they might be in Pathfinder Vices only, but they're basically 1 gp per dose each.

Nope, they're canon game.

Interesting how night tea has no visible effects for females, while bachelor's snuff lets the world know the male is a dirty playboy.

So first time ever playing pathfinder. What feats/traits and general stuff should I go for as a swashbuckler?

Hm, maybe it should have a sign--like just bags under the eyes or something. Easy enough to mistake for something else, but unique enough so a trained eye can pick out a habitual user.

SeeThe one benefit to piazo being Bleeding Hearts is the canon birth control.

No, user, that would be slut shaming.

Think in skill points, not int. A group doesn't need "skill monkey" to be fulfilled as a role in quite the same way as a healer, so if you've got 6 in class then you might just get away with leaving it at 10 if the rest of your group has enough skills between them.

No that's just caring enough to have a remotely plausible world.

A class change, honestly. They're in competition with Kineticist for worst class in the game. The entire class is all-in on just bringing a poor weapon style up to PAR, not even making it amazing. They also basically can't do anything else but swordfighting, despite you might expect a "swashbuckler" class should be able to do. Lastly, their action economy is full of conflicting shit that will make it confusing for a new player - things that LOOK like they're intended to work together and complement each other are very often mutually-exclusive.

Can a stat mod of -3 be compensated with class skill and/or +2 racial?

I'm already locked in tho.

They're numbers. You are fully capable of doing number comparisons without anyone else's help.

>Can't hope a rope/torch/princess's hand while using Slashing Grace or Fencing Grace
Worst errata ever.

Mother of God, that's a body designed for breeding. Shame there doesn't seem to be an actual scan around for it.

I'm with him, but more for statting one as an NPC. Never played it in a normal game as a player.

A Kineticist actually can do things OTHER than poking things with a sword. They can do (okay) damage with kinetic blast, and for the low price of a single infusion, can also be poking people in melee. Plus, being that they're technically "casters", they get sloppy seconds! The ability to fly, turn invisible, haste themselves, control various bits and gibs of matter, it's all possible. Kineticist isn't the /worst/ class by far, that title would have to go to pre-2016 Fighter, or Brawler/Gunslinger post-2016 at this point (Martial Flexibility is nice but it can't salvage a class, and Gunslingers are just Swashbucklers with guns)

But yes, I agree with you, Swashbuckler is /shit/ and the only thing that might save it is by striking everything about it from the books and turning it into a Class Template a la the Bushi/Hussar/Privateer.

Well, good luck. You should get into these feats: Fencing Grace, Slashing Grace or Dervish Dance. This enables you to dump Strength, and is the baseline. Combat Reflexes can at least let you use Opportunistic Parry and Riposte more than once a round.

Playing to the class's "strengths", you could make it a counterattacker character. Not much else can do that as well as a Swashbuckler can in Paizo materials, so it's not as outclassed, maybe.

If you want to make a counterattacker, you can go into the Crane Style feat chain (Crane Style -> Crane Wing -> Crane Riposte) and then get Weapon Trick (One-handed) for more features.

Crane Style requires Improved Unarmed Strike for no real reason though. The Wayfinder item (500gp) and a cracked Deep Red Sphere ioun stone (200gp) in combination can give Improved Unarmed Strike to you without wasting a feat.