/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 5 (1d26)

Imperial German Jewish Iron Warriors edition
Jaghatai Bantz subedition

Lest thread was predicted to be cancer, but wasn't, Magnus was squeezed dry and the legions grew some gardens. Dreadnaught helms were questioned and the glorious scanon graced us once more >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for the true Wolves

Second for claiming this post for the Vlka Fenryka.

Can we get a new thread? I asked for one that doesn't allow pets.

Rate my shitty OC weapon senpaitachi

Retiarius Net - 10p Net-man net
12" S4 APX

Assault 1, Blast, Pinning, One Use Only, That rule GSC Webbers have where AP = Toughness of the unit hit

I just want more cool gladiator stuff

I was actually referring to the original XVI.

Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiodrama link anyone?

Wow, the new Titan Guard are cool and surprisingly well balanced. I dig them. I need more Vanguard for 40k anyway, and those are viable. I don't have a Titan, though. Anyone tried them as just a line of Reductor medium infantry?

Seems fine in 30k, since AFAIK it's AP=Strength. This is a sarge or special squad weapon, right? 20 of the WE nasty tacs with a S4 blast each would be a bit much, but that looks fine in smaller numbers. WE Special dudes with one each, Bolt Pistol and maybe a Power Lance trident thing might actually be cool as hell.

>The mass of the Lux Ferem could not be stopped, but it could be slowed just enough. The city-sized weight of the mass-conveyor was barely ten metres overhead, Magnus and his warriors safe within the crater pushed up into its belly as the rest of the vessel settled on the platform with a groan of metal that went on and on until if felt like it would never stop.
>But it did stop

> Commander of the Xth Company, Captain of the XVIth Legion, loyal servant to the true Emperor of Mankind.
> And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Words that kill

Yeah I wanted it as and extra Caedere Weapon also the rule is that if it hits a unit who's majority T3 then it's ap3 if it hits a unit with T4 it's ap4 etc.

Given how short the two stories are, you've almost certainly spent more time begging for this than it would actually take to listen to the entire thing.

>’You are so like me in so many ways,’ said the Emperor. Magnus flushed with pride, but, as always, the Emperor’s words camed multiple meanings. ’You have a great many of my strengths, but strength magnified to excess eventually becomes a weakness.’
>’How can that be?’
>’Confidence can spill over into arrogance,’ said the Emperor. ’An obsessive pursuit of perfection can blind you to what it costs to achieve. Attention to detail can become micro-management. Magnus, you have my intellect and my power, but like me you are prone to believing you can do no wrong, that your intellect lifts you above the risk of making petty mistakes or errors based on emotion.’

Can I get a quick assessment please?

Primarch's Chosen, 2500, Death Guard

HQ
Mortarion - 425

Troops -

Vets with Melta guns and Rhino, Art + Scythe on Sarge - 265
Vets with Plasma guns and Rhino, Art + Scythe on Sarge - 265
Tacs in Rhino, Artificer and Melta bombs on Sarge - 175
Flamer Support, Art + Melta on Sarge - 230

Heavy Support-
10 Grave Wardens, 2 Chainfist, Spartan (shield and AC) - 690
2 x Vindicator, Dozer - 250
Sicaran Venator, Dozer - 195

Forgot to put Rhino in with the Flamer squad.

Probably.

So basically, fuck Sisters of Silence. Seems balanced, then. Go nuts, and make sure to make a HQ with that and the EarthBreaker Trident just for maximum theme points.

Finally! My body is ready! I want to play this list so bad. /HHG thank you so much. FUCK LOYALISTS

3000 Points
"/HHG user Unbound: Hyperbolic Time Chamber Edition"
Model Count: 85

Mastodon Heavy Transport - 745
Super-Heavy Command Tank, 4 Hunter-Killers
17 Tactical Marines - 225
Chainaxes, No Bolters, Power Fist, Artificier Armour, Meltabomb
Forgelord /HHG-user - 135
Thunderhammer, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field, Cyber-Familiar
Kharn the Bloody - 190
Gorechild
Legion Apothecary - 65
Power Axe, Artificier Armour
19 Augmented Inductii - 240
Chainaxes, No Boltguns, Power Fist, Artificier Armour
Galhan Surlak 110

Spartan Assault Tank 325
Armoured Ceramite
20 Tactical Marines 255
Legion Apothecary - 65

Spartan Assault Tank - 325
Armoured Ceramite
20 Tactical Marines - 255
Legion Apothecary - 65

I don't care it's not MSU optimal penis, WAAC faggots can suck my anus. Now I'm going to headbutt a stranger and cook 12 rashers of bacon. See you at the ETERNITY GATE.

All doggos should be hanged.

Hope you have fun with it fella, that list looks horrible if someone didn't bring much anti-tank. Although if someone did you're pretty much screwed.

That looks fun, and feels much more thematic than trying to shoehorn your units into a mix of tanks/fliers/pods. Have fun!

There's "bringing enough antitank" and then there's being able to stop two spartans and a mastodon in the 2/3 turns it takes them to reach your lines. I'm not sure most PUG lists reliably could do it, even tournament ones. Well, maybe 9-medusa reductor could, but fuck them.

Looks shiny, and will be hilarious when a billion guys pour out of the (probably two left) party buses on Turn 2.

I think my usual list could probably handle it, just because almost everything in it can hurt AV14, and one will almost certainly die because a bunch of angry Hoplites got dropped behind it, but that's the usual thing when fighting Mechanicum, since we don't really care what your Armour Values are, whether your Ceramite is Armoured or you've got a Flare Shield up on anything short of a Titan. Against the vast majority of Legion and Solar Aux/MaC lists I can see that doing just fine. At least you have the Skyreaper to kill Vulturax and Lightnings fairly easily, 5 S7 Twin-linked Interceptor shots will almost certainly render Strike fighters useless.

In the armored breakthrough rite of war does my warlord have to be a tank or could I take a regular praetor as my warlord?

>McNeil is STILL rustled about people ripping the piss out of him for 'punching the air'
m8 it's been like a decade or something, let it go

Oh and what's the David Gemmell homage in this one?
*rolls dice*
A planet reversing it's magnetic poles! Well, despite that being the set up for every setting in Gemmell, to be fair, we haven't seen it from you before Graham.

Now to read about Perturabo being the simply the bestest ever Primarch who ever lived in my book about Magnus.

It is finished. Now on to paint this one up very much, but not quite like the rest of my ALfags.

Took 5 evenings, end result is not quite what I had in mind (that would only have been possible with professional tools and a degree in arts ... neither of which I have) but for only the 2nd time doing any serious sculpting I'd say it looks acceptable.

That looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.

And a shot from the back.

Hopefully it shows at least a little bit that I used John Blance's artwork as inspiration.

Do you have the models? Pics?

You can take a Praetor. Wording says "*may* be taken" regarding a tank as an HQ.

really cool and thematic, but apotecharies can only take powerswords, not axes.

wheres the helmet from?

For those wondering about heads in dreadnoughts this is from Betrayer about a contemptor pattern dreadnought
>‘We fashion them with heads,’ Vel-Kheredar was saying, ‘to focus their awareness forwards. It helps create an impression within the corpse’s neurological sensory input/output that it is still alive, for it sees just as it saw in life: from a human perspective. Taller, though. Oh, yes. Much taller.’

Scarab Occult terminators - snake on top is from some lizardmen kit, not sure which but probably the ankylosaurus looking one.

>referring to the marine inside as a "corpse" while right in front of the dreadnought
I love how the mechanicum just doesn't give a fuck.

That's what turning into a toaster does to you ; you no longer care about what it is you roast, only that you do.

Way better than anything I could ever do. Looks good bruh, you've done us proud.

Yes, in this scene Lhorke, the dreadnought, is reaaally pissed off

Somebody convince me to not invest in a small MkII armor themed Space Woofs army. I've already dropped plenty on an all FW AL army and I just got two Predators with conversion beams.

Think of all the hair you'd have to vacuum every time the yiffs shed their fur.

Why wouldn't you want to play as the Emperor's Executioners, and the sons of the only loyalist Primarch to get as many kills as Fulgrim?

>as many kills as Fulgrim
You mean one?

>many kills as Fulgrim?
It's more now

Dead but ressurected and on life support.
Stli coun as kill and can be killed again.

>those are some nice goalposts you have there
>it would be a...shame if someone were to move them
Friendly reminder that Pertuarbo has as many primarch kills as Fulgrim, having killed Fulgrim's mortal body.

That's 1. Who was the second?

Fulgrim only has one you hilarious individual. He didn't kill Guilliman.

How much black is acceptable in a blood Angel colour scheme?

Bolter and shoulderpad's edges

Would Deathsworn look better in MkIII or V? III has the heavy frontal assault look to it, but V has more of a "fuck it, you're too far gone by now, here's some crap to wear and an axe, get chopping, boy."

Also on destroyers and Moritats

Nope. Probably cost a couple thousand to buy it all. I'll buy the Forgelord and the WE shoulder pads at the end of the month.

If put down 120 foot slogging marines with bolters how viable would it?

Keep us updated! The army will look glorious together

*Unzips Typhon*

Are you ready to ride the ironfire user?

A few more rations and he'd be chubby like Perty.

Nothing personnel, kid.

>Abnett will write the HH finale

Oh boy. Prepare for some new busht out of nowhere. From past experiences I would have preferred Wraight.

That Souce Code movie, where the corpse imagined himself as a man in a cold, twisted cockpit due to the lack of sensory input, was also nice.
But dreadnoughts do have autosenses, so it'd be inaccurate.

tfw u desperately want to write a word bearer novel but you're such a mess you can only seethe about wanting to

also my purple prose is a beast I have trouble constraining

But how will you kill all those marines if they're hidden in stinky poison smoke?

By Ignoring Cover.

And Armor Saves

Yeah... that would probably do it.

Cabal fuck yea.

How bad could it be, Word Bear boy? Hit us with your best shot.

>the last book in HH will have a horrible rushed ending

I have too many images perfect for this. I can't just pic just one.

Tfw when you want to write anything 30k but you can't ever write more than 20 pages before it falls apart.

I just want to write about AL and NL one upping each other with how sinister and spooky they can get.

Fleet of traitors arived above terra ...

And then Emperor will destroy Horus with he doesn't love. Then Emperor will stab himself with talon of horus and say "For the Emperor!"

Found the Thousand Sons player

Now that he's back writing for BL, the finale should be King's.

>Found the every legion except SW player

Everyone loves the Space Wolves though, they're so proud, noble and undyingly loyal.

Angelus scans when?

A quick thought for mechanicum players (and those taking allied mechanicum): if you're taking a magos prime, consider the malagra as a unit buff-giver, giving preferred enemy to their unit against a lot of stuff:
>if one model in unit has PE, entire unit gets it
>if one model in target unit is of type PE activates against, all attacks against that unit get the PE rerolls (this is why raven guard's decapitation strike got nastier since the last FAQ)
>Malagra has Preferred Enemy (Characters)
>almost every non-vehicle unit in a legions astartes or militia army contains a Character (the sergeant, or equivalent)
>therefore, a unit containing a Malagra will get PE against a large amount of a LA/militia army

Fuck yiffs and their players. I'll rather see homebrew 2nd and 11th legions on the table than those fucks.

Hello not Bjorn

Quit looking at the camera and go fight Magnus.

Then, show up for Terra if you are so fucking loyal.

Nigga, that's Geiger the Rad-hand. The greatest of all the VIth's destroyers and a legend in his own time!

But the Vlka Fenryka are basically the paragon of Astartes, and something all Space Marines should aspire to.

>drunk
>smelly
>fetchy
>hairy
>furry
>hypocrite
>poser
>fluff written by Phil Kelly

Nah, I pass.

Diorama WIP

You forgot
>too stupid to wear their helmets

Continuing discussion chain.

I feel that's fair criticism, and the suggested rules actually work quite well in practice. I'll go see about putting together a profile sheet

If the Emperor had meant Astartes to wear helmets he wouldn't have designed them to spit acid.

>mfw this thread

Well, I prefer Ultramarines above them, and I don't like ultrasmurfs.

Ok, let's try to bring it back to the track.

>Destroyer Squads, Moritat, Cerberus, Tarantula, Reconnaissance Squads

What else should I add to the worst units list in 30k?

>They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.
>Except actual space, my SPACE marines fear that because I designed them not to wear helmets

Dakka predator? Boxnought?

It's more a last resort thing, not an actual weapon.
Just like the sus-as membran is not something meant to be used whenever wherever.

Non-scorpius whirlwind. It's not only not a scorpius, it also takes up the 0-1 slot for other artillery.

>tfw to intelligent for helmets

>Boxnought
Dunno... for 145p you have 2 Volkite Culverins

Or DCCW + flamestorm in a pod.

The mortis variant isn't bad either, nice cheap AA, and you can throw a pair of HK missiles on top for when you want to Interceptor something.

Wanna talk about crunch or do you wanna bash some other grouping of chucklefucks for their role in the fluff? I'm fine with doing some trash-talking right about now.