It's a time-travel campaign where the players try to kill their past selves

>It's a time-travel campaign where the players try to kill their past selves

I thought her shirt said something about "FUCK 7-UP" from the thumbnail.

storytime pls
or did it never happen?

It happened...in the future.

I too would try to kill myself if I knew my future self would come to kill me

>That one guy that just goes back in time to molest his childhood self.

>that one girl who goes back to let her childhood self get molested, because her boyfriend is a pedophile and this way it's not really cheating

It is a worthwhile to test if the universe cares about causality.

I understood that edit.

>that one girl who goes back in time to try and help out her awkward teenage self but ends up making things worse because her teenage self is unable to learn from her own experiences

>that one guy who goes back to try and help out his awkward teenage self only to go completely suicidal as he's reminded of all the painfully embarrassing things he did and repressed

>"Don't you mean WHEN we are? :^)"

It's your fault for running a time travel campaign.

> It's a time travel campaign where the characters get advanced sex change surgery, then travel back in time to have sex with themselves to conceive themselves in order to be born into the timeline.

>it's a time travel campaign
>DM asks you to kill your fuhrer before he rose to power

>It's a time travel campaign
>The players play as themselves, traveling back in time to prevent the GM from running a time travel campaign

I'm sure absolutely nothing could fuck up with this fool proof plan.

>it's a campaign where time is connected to a pair of fixed points on the plane, with one point representing the end of time and the other representing the beginning. as the players approach either point they rapidly travel backwards or forwards in time remaining in the present only along a straight line between the two points. the villain is an ancient dinosaur vampire that exists at all points in time. the players are the only things immune to the time dilation.

oh boy like we haven't all done this one before.

>>that one guy who goes back to try and help out his awkward teenage self only to go completely suicidal as he's reminded of all the painfully embarrassing things he did and repressed
I didn't read that webcomic. Sauce?

>actually succeed
>somehow don't vanish in a puff of logic
>spend rest of life waiting for the other shoe to drop
>finally remember vaguely that you were born a twin, but your twin died of mysterious circumstances within days of you both being born, and your parents not long after
>oops

>Why not just kill themlseves in the present?

What if Hitler was a timetraveller who had seen the end of the world brought by global infighting after the discovery of the A-bomb and saw that the only way to prevent that was a wordlwide war immediatly before that discovery in order to demonstrate the horrors of war to everyone and encourage a policy of restraint in the nuclear age?

Because the thing they want to kill themselves over already happened and they're trying to delete themselves via time paradox in order to prevent it.

Then it would be the most retarded way of sending anti-war message.

That would be probably against onthological interia. For example, you can't time-travel to prevent death of a person who jumped from a bridge if you saw their body - because the very reason you went back in time would cease to exist. BUT you could time travel if you only saw the jump and went back for different reason than preventing the jump.

What's that from again? I know I've seen it, somewhere on Veeky Forums, but I can't place it.

Hitler, as a time traveler, is very good at killing other time travellers.
World war 2 was almost entirely fought by time travelers who agreed or disagreed with what he was doing.

Is Causality the BBEG?

>demonstrate the horrors of war to everyone and encourage a policy of restraint

The horrors of WWI didn't stop WW2 happening. WW3 was only held off by the reluctance of NATO and the USSR to engage in a full nuclear exchange.

>BBEG
what did he mean by this

History abhors a paradox

I remember there was a power pack parody comic with that, but I only saw the one page so I don't know anything more.

>That one guy who sent his past self to impregnate his even paster self
Weird shit.

>what did he mean by this
What did you mean by this?

Big Bad Evil Guy.

Are these actually referencing something? 'Cause if so, I'm interested.

I want to run a campaing where you control Hitler and have to fight hordes of time travelers trying to kill you

That is a great premise.

it would be more interesting to play as his advisers, trying to sweep all the time travelers under the rug and harness their technology without hitler becoming aware of it

>party goes back in time
>their past selves think they're bad guys
>spend entire campaign fleeing from past selves because they can't risk killing them

Well, he was an actual retard. One that fucked his own niece.