I can't make my girlfriend play boardgames with me

I can't make my girlfriend play boardgames with me.
All she does is sit in bed watching reality TV from the minute she gets home until she falls to sleep.

I bought and built her a new top of the line gaming PC. She uses it to watch makeup tutorials and torrent dating shows.

More than once, I've spent $100+ on a beautiful boardgame and we played it once, but she wasn't paying attention or trying.
What's wrong with women, Veeky Forums?

It's not their fault; anyone would act that way if they had to deal with you.

> not having a clone of yourself to fuck

I think you're PROBABLY in a rather one sided relationship

Otherwise, you have to cope with the fact that you won't share all your interests with all your friends, and also that once you gift something it no longer belongs to you. A good computer is a nice gift for anyone, but going full xXTURBO GAYMANZXx PC when you're not even sure the recipient is going to make any actual use of the hardware is stupid

now just you hold on a minute, I'm a fucking delight and any woman is lucky to spend time with me

your gf sounds cooler than you also she might have depression if all she does is watch TV and sleep

>going full xXTURBO GAYMANZXx PC when you're not even sure the recipient is going to make any actual use of the hardware is stupid
We picked out the parts together and she made a big list of games she was excited to try now that she had a computer to run them. So it's not like I said LOOK A THIS NEW COMPUTER, DON'T YOU LOVE COMPUTER GAMES NOW??!?!
no, she fucking asked me to do this for her because she wanted to "stop being so depressed and have fun again"

It's worth mentioning too that if I ever say "Nah, let's not bother buying/doing X because I know you won't really care about it anyway" she gets furious at me and says that I prevent her from having any fun.

>I can t make this person do what I want them to do even though I feel like they owe me that
>all they do is what most people do
>I spent money for a multipurpose tool and they don't use it for what I want them to
>I USED MY MONIES TO BUY THEIR COMPLIANCE BUT IT ISN'T WORKING
>obviously the problem is women

and fuckoff with your blog

> It's a "Thinly disguised woman hate thread" episode

get her on some antidepressants my dude, and I don't mean spike her morning coffee. depression is mostly your brain being a fuck with its chemicals and that can be fixed by taking antidepressants.

>>I bought and built her a new top of the line gaming PC. She uses it to watch makeup tutorials and torrent dating shows.
why did you build her a gaming PC if she doesn't want to game

are you fucking dumb, should've just gotten her some cheap dell laptop.

>all they do is what most people do
Wait, is this really what most people do with their lives?

FOR THE LAST TIME, SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO GAME AND THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I SPENT MY TIME AND MONEY BUILDING HER A GAMING PC

Count your blessings, I can guarantee you if she became interested in those things it would drive you mad.

Do you never want some personal space? That's what wargames are for me, a chance to fuck off to the shed and know she will have no interest what so ever in it.

>ITT: help me, anonymous autists online, how do I support my gf with depression?

Please ask literally anyone else.

Unless this is a gf vent thread. tfw no gf

Wow, if you're getting this mad on a mongolian shadow-puppet forum you must be a real nice guy in the real world.

unfortunately yes. The people who do interesting stuff are a minority. but your GF seriously does have depression and you should chat with her about it.

Sounds like depression
Not being ironic here, but you should talk about therapy. It helped me work through my depression, so it might help her too.

>I can't make my girlfriend play boardgames with me.
Find a better girlfriend.
>B-But girls don't like Veeky Forums stuff
Find a few good friends, screw sluts on the side. Fuck bitches get games.

You sound like a massive bitch pushover.

I always want personal space. But you see, user, she expects me to lie in bed with her and watch these shows. If I don't, she may start crying or start an argument with me just to get my attention.

>implying all caps means i'm actually mad
come on, kid

Yeah. That's depression and probably all kinds of other bullshit. Either talk to her about sorting that out via professionals or break up. Maybe both. Sometimes love isn't enough.

>Thinly disguised

OP didn't even bother to put on a hat or a Groucho Marx-style glasses-nose-mustache set.

user is a entitled prick who thinks depression can be bought away: the thread

To be honest, I've personally been hesitant to try dating girls who are in my hobby circles since the last girl I had a relationship with that I met through Veeky Forums stuff believed in real-life magic and pretended to get possessed by fairies (or maybe just had actual schizophrenia?) and at that point I don't care how nice it is to share a hobby I don't have the mental energy to keep up with that kind of shit

You might be getting milked for shekels
Antidepressants are a huge meme. Often the chemical imbalance in your brain can be fixed through being more active. Doctors have a very vested interested in pushing pills on everyone who walks through the door, so don't take getting a prescription for antidepressants lightly.

>the chemical imbalance that takes away your will and energy to be active can be fixed by being more active
But how do we get the crowbar out of the box in the first place?

Sucks to be you, user.
My gf plays Call of Cthulhu, Yu-Gi-Oh, and various vidya with me all of the time.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind. Thank God for level-headed people like you--otherwise, I might have gotten my son vaccinated, and then he'd have autism!

Honestly she's probably depressed she lives with someone who cares more about boardgames than her.

99% of women are shit. Keep pining for that one unicorn who's actually decent (and be prepared to fail 99 times for every succes) or enjoy life as a single man, fuck sluts on the side and never call back while bro-ing it up with your likeminded mates.

Live free or die hard.

>99% of people are shit.
Fixed. The dating pool is equally shitty regardless of what you're looking for.

By pushing it off a high place, then the box will break and boom crowbar

Do not push your girlfriend off of a building. That is a bad plan.

But she won't have depression anymore, will she?

>But how do we get the crowbar out of the box in the first place?

The crowbar comes unpackaged with a price sticker on the handle.

>I'll take metaphors for 400

Your metaphor is shit; obviously you've never purchased a crowbar.

I'm not going to go too deep into this because the mods won't like it, but women almost always have something to gain from dating/marrying men, while men only stand to lose something. Even if the relationship turns sour, for women it's a net benefit in the grand majority of cases.

Put it this way my dude (not the guy you were responding to btw)

I got prescribed escitalopram for depression around 18, and stopped after a year because I didn't think it really had any effect one way or another. I was prescribed escitalopram for depression.

My girlfriend was prescribed escitalopram for anxiety and OCD, and while it's helped her for those, she has definitely noticed problems with motivation, and the kind of emotional and physical lethargy of depression.

My sister discontinued escitalopram, though I don't know for what it was prescribed to her, because she noticed that it was causing problems with her
motivation and causing her to feel lethargic all the time.

This isn't some hokey new-age bullshit like anti-vaxxing and whatnot. SSRIs work for some people and they just don't for others. Most doctors nowadays would recommend Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Behavioural Actualization anyway, the latter of which is literally just maintaining a proper life routine, getting physically active, and engaging in activities that engage you socially and mentally.

>I'm not going to go too deep into this because I'm full of shit and everyone knows it

I am also phoneposting and therefore only have a small textfield, and redundantly type shit twice in a redundant fashion.

>All she does is sit in bed watching reality TV from the minute she gets home until she falls to sleep.
No sex?

Dump her.

If you want to take this to another board, you're free to start a new thread and link me there.

user, you can try to peddle this line as much as you want.
The difference is, despite the "rumor", a lot of people on this board are actually well socialized, enough to not buy in to the robot nonsense.
Try some /pol/ shit, you may find an audience.

Nigga when your conversation would be better suited to /r9k/ you know it's a fucking sad one that's probably not worth having.

Fucking loled

Toasting in bad bread. Remember sage goes in all fields.

Glad to see most of replies are telling op he's a lil bitch. Try harder next time you incel

Nigga, wat. Relationships make people, on the general, happier. There's a reason so many autists go >mfw when no gf, because we're raised to seek companionship and we're happier with it. People in relationships have lower levels of depression.

Actually, the RIGHT antidepressants are incredibly useful. The trick is figuring out which ones work for you. Fortunately, I have an extensive family history of chemical depression, and Lexapro works well for all of us.

No, relationships are status symbols and tools Alpha Chads use to mock me. Women are placid, cock starved whores who only derive pleasure from cheating on men and divorcing them for big money and forgetting to pick me up after my little league games in the hope the coach, funny uncle Steve, would finally kidnap me and dump my body in a river in a wooded area.

Fuck you mom! Ree!

This is tumblr blog bullshit nobody cares about your fucking personal life

This threads pretty depressing. Veeky Forumss changed alot over the years, I guess it's nice it sill has a strong masculine atmosphere.

I miss that on other boards.

Anyway it sounds like your gf is boring as fuck but honestly it's perfectly normal female behaviour.

Where are your friends OP? Only a lucky few play games with their girls and that tends to be a rare and intelligent breed at that. Boardgames are for when the lads or over or failing that couples nights.

Have you considered for one moment that she just has different interests to you? Have you tried sharing her interests at all or are you both just seperate?

>not having a clown of yourself to fuck

Seconding this. Also take Lexapro. Sucks taking forever to ejaculate now and not really feeling anything but it sure beats the alternative.

Honestly does. I'd like to get off them but stakes is too high for any emotional instability from tapering off at the moment. They're a god-send though.

Did you have to make your story so fake? This is terrible bait

Must ... resist ... making joke

>All she does is sit in bed watching reality TV from the minute she gets home until she falls to sleep.

I'd recommend a change in diet, and general lifestyle choices, before introducing tabletops into the equation you fat fucks.

git gud

Do we have the same gf? Is she asian?

Self esteem? In MY Veeky Forums? Its more likely than you think!

You picked a bitch, OP. My gf keeps begging me to bring my Dominion expansions when I go to her place, by now got three other people into it and has a binder with variants and house rules to vary the game.

ATTENTION ANONS
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MEDICAL ADVICE FROM Veeky Forums
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR YOUR SAFETY
IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN, SEE A DOCTOR. TRUST YOUR DOCTOR. ASK HIM OR HER QUESTIONS AND IF YOU ARE STILL UNSURE, GET A SECOND DOCTOR'S OPINION
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Most people surfing Veeky Forums aren't stupid enough to take medical advice from other user's.

What if my doctor goes on Veeky Forums?

Has she ever shown interest in gaming or Tabletop? Cause if not and you built her a top of the line gaming pc... youre a moron

Maybe you should have gotten to know her before you got together.

But from the sound of you, you might just wanna just fast forward to the part where she gets a divorce and takes all your stuff.

>depression is mostly your brain being a fuck with its chemicals and that can be fixed by taking antidepressants.

Highly questionable. Every person I've known with depression was exactly the kind of person you would think would have depression.

>Do you never want some personal space? That's what wargames are for me, a chance to fuck off to the shed and know she will have no interest what so ever in it.

Your life sounds so goddamn sad.

Suppressed, not fixed. The underlying causes have to be taken care of to fix it

Vaccinations and medications are different things, you slavering fucking caveman.

>believed in real-life magic and pretended to get possessed by fairies

She was a Pentecostal?

how long have you been dating? if its been for a decent amount of time you should have known their likes an dislikes way by then, Then you wouldnt have been a dumb dumb and bought a gaming pc

do you know anything about your partner, I would have imagined it something you'd learn within the first few months? Or are you the type of couple that don't talk much and just watch tv?

Dumbass.