Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1358: Ruyi Jingu Bang Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TMwTixtf
nobilis.me/quotes:neph-talks-set-theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you think ebon dragon amd aku would get along? I mean arent they basically the same guy?

Actually that just means they would probably hate each other more doesnt it.

Have your perks ever lead to unexpected events?

I'd Riyu Bang your Jingu.

World #18: Indiana Jones
pastebin.com/TMwTixtf
>So this was another fun world! While I was never a big fan of this franchise, adventures and fighting Nazis is always fun, even if I ran away every time I saw some spiders. My cult did fairly well, given that they served an actual Exalt rather than some Aliens, and always knew exactly where the Artifacts were hidden because of a Combination of Research and Oversight. Of course, rather than trying to take over the world or control the government we made schools and homes, so I guess it might have just been karma.

Threadly reminder that the Hangar from R-Type holds unlimited ships of unlimited size. You could go to Star Trek, plant your flag on the Dyson Sphere, and take it with you. You could steal the Death Star, and maybe the Kuat Drive Yards from Star Wars.

Honestly, when you're not doing random roll chains, you should grab this in your first five jumps.

Rolled 4 (1d8)

>Heavens Lost Property
>Arpeggio of Blue Steel
>Persona
>Danmachi
>Supreme Commander
>Eclipse Phase
>Penny Dreadful
>HTTYD

The Ebon Dragon betrays himself. Trust me, the two of them would only be using each other for as long as they can before betraying each other. I'm betting on Aku coming out on top there, given that he has more direct combat abilities, and that evil cannot harm him. Plus, like I said before, the Ebon Dragon betrays himself. So he'd get screwed over.

Well not like this, I did accidentally kickstart a war between the gods and men in greek myth by leaving a book on cultivation out on accident in greek myth.

No. I don't care. Peace.

Thats ok, speaking of which how many types of that size changing pole and flying nimbus can we buy in jumpchain?

But user, Cultivation takes fucking ages. Is there a time extension drawback or something?

Every Dragonball jump besides AF. JttW. GoH. Wuxia. DotA 2. Probably one or two I missed.

You can get one of each from the dragonball jump I think, you can buy a flying nimbus in world of cultivation, god of high school has super awesome versions of both.

I got god of highschool versions, I just wish I could figure out a way to add some designs to ryu jingu to make it look a little better.

So how would you write a native jumper? Like drawback wise for the first jump that is., I know there isn't a set precedence but I would like to know how other have done it in the past. I'm thinking about doing an Exodite Eldar Farseer for fun.

>I just wish I could figure out a way to add some designs to ryu jingu to make it look a little better.
Weapon Modification from Warframe.

It does take forever but the humans got uppity and they had enough of a boost that they were more of a threat than before. I did not say it was a long war.

Something like half of Red's jumps have weapon import options that allow you to change their aesthetic. Off the top of my head, I know that Warframe, Bayonetta, and God of War all have them.

Drawbacks are just shit that happened in your native jumpers past, Sometimes shit just happens.

Cheers.

Well, you'd need to limit yourself to Drawbacks that fit the character you're going for. Either personality flaws that they already have, or events they would have naturally lived through during their time in the universe before Jumping.

So, an Eldar Jumper would probably have "Long is the Road" by default because, well, they would have /had/ to live through it. Maybe one or two of the lighter Drawbacks as well, depending on their personality.

Like with my own Horror Chain, Dan Gerous started in Generic Creepypasta with Tragic Backstory and Monster because both were applicable to his character and his history in the world so far.

Aku might get along with him, though I'd imagine his ego would get in the way.

The Ebon Dragon however, is fundamentally incapable of 'getting along' with anyone or anything.

That makes a lot of sense honestly.

Anyway can I get some jumps to roll for. I wont be posting here I just think it would be more interesting if I don't chose the jumps. Going with an Exodite Farseer Eldar who took Long is the Road and just wants some peace.

Darn I have done all 3 of those. I mean I could probably find another jump with weapon skins, gonna be hard to do. I highly doubt just painting it would work.

Doom 2016

No posts, no peace.

I can think of a few other ways. One is to import it as one of the dere-dachis in Hero Union BBS. Those all have their own aesthetic that you might want to impart on the Ruyi Jingu Bang. Dandachi is probably best if you want to go original flavor, her aesthetic is being made of meteoric iron. Plus, combining her "optionally, hitting people heals them proportionate to the damage it would have caused" effect with the Ruyi Jingu Bang should let you cure just about anything with it.

Another possibility I can think of, that also involves turning the Ruyi Jingu Bang into a person so you might not want to do it if that's a problem with the other idea, is to import it as an Item Spirit in Binbougami Ga so they count as a companion, then import them as a Demon Weapon in Soul Eater so they can turn back into their staff form, because Soul Eater lets you customize your Demon Weapon's aesthetic.

Honestly I doubt that Doom demons compare to actual Daemons.

Probably not in durability, but they're almost as numerous and have wildly different tactics than WH40K Daemons, so I could see an Eldar having a problem dealing with them.

Jumpers, how do you relax?

I have a very extensive video game collection and I ran them all through that thing to make them into Gashats,I also used the adaptation Device from the Princess bride to Adapt Every last season of Kamen Rider into a video game then adapt Them into Gashats since I don't really have any other way to get legacy Rider Transformation gimmicks since I can't figure out how to do decade.

pretty much The Pic you posted except there's more thrusting and the waifu has two Sets of bosoms instead of one

They are, yeah. So is right about the double backstab at least.

I'm not sure who'd come out in a fight though, I don't remember the part about evil not harming him, but I do remember divine powers can-and Exalted's really big on moral relativism so technically speaking the Ebon Dragon personifies opposition and darkness, rather than evil per se. He really wants to, though, so he's still at a disadvantage there. Also because Virtue technically isn't a moral barometer, all Aku has to do to keep hitting him is to keep focusing on being brave and being confidant. Oh, and Aku has easy time travel-which is almost non-existent in Exalted.

Ebby's main advantages are that he has a Charm to create controlled shadow dopplegangers (sans weapons) out of everything he can perceive-or shapeshift into them; I'm assuming Aku knows enough tricks to undo all of the regen-halting in Ebby's combat Charms. So theoretically, he could open by making Aku fight himself. His Also, because Yozis do weird things to time and space Ebby's technically much larger than the 50 miles of shadow on the inside-large enough to house at least one secret martial arts society run by one of his 3CDs. Speaking of which-he could use those as glorified concealed weapons.

...who's visiting who? I think the home turf advantage might give one the edge over the other.

So, I took the Titan gate in Age of Mythology. And in a few jumps, I forgot about it.

On a lazy Sunday morning I'd glimpse some news about a mysterious anachronistic structure buried under a pile of earth some archaeologists were keen on digging up. And I'd forget about it.

Few weeks later, every nation would be freaking out at the confused titan wandering in my general direction.

They could be the same entity. Like the Ebon Dragons Spirit of the Hidden World is Exiled by Wicked Hate, where he sends the people he kills there, So they can be immortal, suffer there forever, and it is impossible to leave.

The crapsack world of Samauri Jack could be him him playing games with all the people there using a charm branching off Exiled by Wicked Hate to make a virtual world where he controls all, and Aku is his author avatar.

Here's the Drop-in capstones for Cyberpunk. I'm not sure if I need to fiddle with the second one a bit but here you all go. Let me know what you think.

There is Always Tomorrow (600cp, Discount Drop-In): The world and the days before have already been filled with disease, disaster, and the ills of mankind. You...you’re going to fill it with the most dangerous thing of all, hope. There’s just something about you that lets you ignite it in people, both on an individual and a mass scale. Your words and actions could motivate entire societies that have long since resigned themselves to a weary existence to action as they can feel that tomorrow can well and truly be better, and not just a minor reprieve from today. What’s broken can be fixed, what was lost can be found, and there is no mistake that cannot be overcome. The world can change, and the power to do so is in the hands of each and every one of them. No night is dark enough to stop the coming of a new dawn.

Fall of the Neon Gods (600cp, Discount Drop-In): Too much of the world is built on the blinders placed on the people living in it, the invisible strings controlling them, the chains holding them down. You are different, not only can you easily see these things for what they are, social engineering, mass media brainwashing, harmful cultural constructs, but you find it easy to tear them down. You can influence people to free themselves to live their lives as they choose, to be who they are and not just another cog or drone in a system that wants to use them, and in turn tear down the things that were holding them back. It doesn’t matter how thick the web of lies, how well hidden the strings, you and those you influence will sweep them aside and break their chains. No man an island, no man a slave. Those in control will learn to fear you.

Fuck off Tera, nobody asked you about your shitty fetishes

I'll toss in Slime Rancher, mostly because I find the idea of an Elder herding and tending to slime beasts funny. You probably won't get many takers if you're not going to post in the thread though.

Naps are always a good way to relax. A good book works for me as well. Occasionally I'll get restless hands while I want to relax and build something to unwind. Toys mostly. Santa really enjoys helping me with those. They tend to keep disappearing from the Warehouse each December though.

He is Santa after all.

Gross.

The Charm just sends them to the darkness outside reality; Yozis don't have a "spirit of the living world" charm because their jotuns ARE their worldscape. That's Ebby's "kill" spirits permanently Charm.

A dev explains it here-basically that Charm moves them to a dimension where only Ebby can interact with them.

nobilis.me/quotes:neph-talks-set-theory

The perks themselves look fine individually, it's just that together they seem to overlap a little too much in that they approach the same endgame (people rising up against THE SYSTEM) with different means. I'd suggest either focusing the social engineering and the charisma into separate perks, or making one of the perks do something much more different than the other.

>Cyberpunk
Needs more cowbell.

Isnt aku literally made of and empowered by darkness?

Not sure. Far as I know he's just a scrap of the original eldritch abomination the gods collectively fucked up.

I've got plenty of ways, but my all time favourites are as follows (in no particular order):
- My time on Aqua as a cafe owner with my companions working in other societies managing the planet's Undines, Salamanders, Gnomes, and Slyphs.
- Cold night dinners around a kotatsu.
- Cooking with my Companions.
- Naps with or without a cuddle-pile, either is good.
- Taking walks and chilling with whoever I wanted to chill with at that time or alone or meeting new people.

I'm but a simple Jumper with simple pleasures.

IIRC, he is a piece of the Embodiment of Primordial Evil.

>Oh, and Aku has easy time travel-which is almost non-existent in Exalted.
Only because everyone collectively noped that after the Primordial War, in which IIRC causality weapons were actually used. The only reason the Yozis can't timetravel back out of their imprisonment is the Oaths.

Video games with daughterus.

Downloading the entire internet and catching up on my backlog

>causality weapons

Sauce? Anyway it seems pretty rare because the only being implied to definitely have it was Malfaes' preincarnation according to a throwaway line in his shintai. Well, maybe that and the Maidens appearing and the Primordial only thinking they'd built them in the future.

>The Charm just sends them to the darkness outside reality
You are falling into the trap of acting like the published charms are the whole of the tree, or that this charm tree is one thing and not many things.
It is not just the Kill Spirits Permanently Charm. It is also a catalog for people be can manifest shadow clones of, for example.
Part of the charm is that they are not Dead, because the Ebon Dragon can still make then suffer more. So yeah, he could do stuff like give the people he exiled the same z values so they could interact with each other, or use his mind fuckery charms to all believe the same figmentary hallucination that they are not all alone. So he can make then suffer in new and different ways. All that is within his themes and this within his capability.

Heart, I have a question for you if you're around.

Does the Enchanting Gear from TGaB give you knowledge of how to enchant things? I'm getting the impression that it only tells you how to make wands.

Can't find that mention specifically... Not really sure where I read it either, it's been a while ago?

But something else related from Compass Malfeas:

>By the terms of their surrender, the Yozis must preserve the flow of time, past to future. (They cannot renounce history and unmake their defeat, for instance.)

They're noted to not be able to go back in time... But Yozis do enforce causality upon themselves, instead of being bound to it by some outside force. And they /can/ change history, though they're restricted from doing so to anyone who isn't created directly by them or consents to it.

And also linear time only starting to exist after Creation appeared, according to the Fair Folk. But that's less reliable/relevant.

Those of you who picked Best Dynasty Ever in ASOIAF, how'd it go?

It comes with enough to let you make a wand, but since you know how to make more, you can just make more dust for if you want to make a horseless chariot or something.

So, uh, kind of? I'll put it in the update, but it's supposed to give you basic enchanting knowledge, and working on doing better stuff is supposed to be up to you.

Alright, thanks for answering!

I made them bend the knee to my fake half brother Aegon. It was such a shame that he was assassinated before he could sire a child leaving me his heir.

Oh, there's also Demon Summoning, which calls a demon to start walking across Cecelyne five days /before/ the summoning.

And the Broken Winged Crane.

...Sidereal Greater Astrology causes causality errors, though that's not the goal in that case.

Lords of Creation seems to point against causality weapons being used though, since it says the Cauldronists are unable to alter the fundamental laws governing causality.

...But then, that's the Cauldronists, and they're talking about dissolving Creation and starting over, so they're probably going for more than a weapon.

There's the Time of Cascading Years, which had to have been caused by /something/, but of course nothing's clear on that front. And it's only happened once, so, rare again.

What are some good perks for raising physical potential? Absurd training is cool and all, but human muscle mass can only go so far until they're a hindrance.

Get a half-elf body in Valkyrie Profile. They don't have limits on their potential, or if they do it's so high that no one in the setting's found it.

Uh, Softcap-style perks? Like the one in Elona?

Do these look alright?

Why are you suggesting banned jumps?

I don't know what you're talking about. It was banned? When?

When are you going to stop fingering your butthole while talking to people?

SoAnon declared that all her jumps should be removed from the drive.

Only colored horses is banned.

Red will probably have another option in MCU2 anyway. She peddles tables like a crack dealer.

Jumpers, how do you act when you're being villainous?

Saturday Morning Cartoon like Skeletor?

Chessmaster like Xanatos?

Insane guy who wants to watch everyone die for shits and giggles like the Joker?

End justifies the means?

Or something else?

It's not banned. Shitpost kun is just bringing up old drama.
Don't worry about it.

The shitposter likes to bring up drama to provoke replies, lately he's also tended to bullshit while pretending to be right. Ignore and report.

>implying

Oh, that sucks. But I've been taken in by trolling before. Can you link me to the post? I'm not saying you're lying to me, but I've learned to be paranoid.

Oh, never mind, then. I guess it is lying. I'll continue using her work, then. SoAnon did good stuff.

And I delare myself king of England. Doesn't mean that I'll get it.

Just click the number to reply to a post

>You've got a nice eye for things that might proove valuable.
Typo.

Also: what the fuck it's actually good.

I think you might be able to do so if you Import it as your Killer Weapon in Anarchy Reigns?

Nice catch

>Also: what the fuck it's actually good.

Can't tell if you were expecting it to be shit because of subject matter or because I'm writing it. But whatever, I'll take the compliment.

What exactly does Elementalism do in FoZ? The description seems kind of sparse. Does it make you better at that element of magic? Does it turn you into a bender expy?
>inb4 "houserule it"

The subject matter.

Your grand strategy jumps are probably one of my favorite in the drive, even if actually placing them in a chain is difficult due to the inevitable character development living through a large part of recorded human history brings.

even if actually placing them in a chain is difficult due to the inevitable character development living through a large part of recorded human history brings.

True. They might work well for the start of a chain, though. They have yet to be sorted, though.

Mate are you retarded? It gives access to that kind of elemental magic. It can do what literally every other elemental magic system can do.

I tend to do channel my inner AKU, SHAPE-SHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS

I think it just gives you access to that element. Most wizards are restricted in what elements they can use, in FoZ. It's possible to use spells from outside your elemental affinity, but a lot harder. That's why Louise fails every spell she casts, as a Void mage the standard four are all outside her affinity and no one knows to train her in Void.

Ok first off. The FoZ jump got how magic works wrong.
You're going to want to buy all 4 elements to actually be able to do what any other mage can. People specialize, but they aren't actually locked out.

Essentially there are spells that are grouped under an element. Things like fireball for fire or fly for wind.
As you git gud you get better rank. It goes from dot to line to triangle to square.
Higher rank is higher amounts of elemental stacking you could pull off. So a line could do fire/fire to make a bigger fireball, or wind/water to get ice shards.
At square things get a bit crazy like conjuring multiple tornados on a clear day with little effort.

I too like to indulge in UNSPEAKABLE HAM

Personally, I'm planning on doing them after I've already gotten a pretty well-defined sense of self for my jumper. Should be fine, then. My one regret is that they don't start even earlier. I know why, you're doing jumps of Paradox games and they started in the middle ages. But a lot of my favorite works of alternate history fiction diverge in antiquity or even in prehistory. I want to do Lands of Red and Gold, damn it. I guess I could do it in Civilization, but I've already earmarked that for making a race of precursor aliens. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to make a Generic Alternate History jump at some point, or something like that. For now I'll be happy with the quality work you've done covering the middle ages to the Cold War, still plenty of opportunity for neat AUs.

Yeah, I was hoping that Paradox would announce something similar to EU:Rome. Although with how Paradox has changed, it probably wouldn't be a very good game. Pity, that.

Disappear into the woods with my iCarrot and some spare batteries. Pop some stuff from the briefcase.

I never really change how I act, only my goals. I'm always the mom friend.

I love those tables though.

Just means her drug deals are doing something.

Is god of highschool life energy like chi or ki? Or is it something different?

29. Investigation
Perks: No Badge No Problem, Expert (Reporter), Show Your Work, Barnum, Background Check, Take What You Know
Items: Light of Justice, The Warrant, Crime Scene Kit

Not much has really changed between Gonzo Journalism and Investigation, accept the world around us and whether or not the cops listen to me. I pretty much immediately stole a column in the LA Times for myself via some charisma perks, grift skills, old work from Hollywood Jump (I was a tabloid reporter), and fake references. Drop some false data indicating the need for a specialized crime column and I've just snuffed some young interns dream of actually getting to write something. So, I take her on as a plucky assistant type. She mostly makes phone calls and gets coffee, but by the end of the 3rd year I'm giving her my byline on the regular. She's a better writer than I am, honestly.

I have a penthouse apartment in West Hollywood thanks to a combination of buying it in Person of Interest and some leftover cash from Heist, and I spend all day hunting murderers with the LAPD. I'd be more scared reporting on crime if I wasn't a master of surveillance technology and getting the fuck out of dodge. It's not a bad life all told, information is good business.

I help people at their lowest.

It's closest to how cultivated chi works, yeah. You'd use the same thing for any magic you might acquire, though, it's one of the worlds where the same energy is used for martial arts and magic. How that interacts with perks that boost your chi or boost your mana or whatever is best fanwanked.

Bancho, here's a good rule of thumb for you: if it involves anything you find attractive or arousing at all, you shouldn't post it.

I select a house at random, invite myself in and force their occupants to have dinner with me. It's a very awkward and traumatic experience for everyone involved but I don't want to eat alone and my companions sometimes are too busy to dinner with me.

I'm also a very bad guest, I always criticize their food and my manners in the table are not the best.

>and the waifu has two Sets of bosoms instead of one

>I'm always the mom friend
So you ARE a girl. Mr "I only play female characters so I can look at their asses" is unmasked!

Couldn't you do it smoothly and pleasantly with a few befriending/charisma/hospitality perks?

Don't quote, don't reply. Let him rot.

That only works on actual shitposters.
Bancho is merely mentally ill.

C'mon now Bancho doesn't deserve that. Multi tit is pretty tame for him anyways.

Tera isn't a shitposter.
He's merely a gigantic idiot.

You're a nice guy and all, but Bancho that was gross in a way that isn't even funny.

Too much of a good thing - to a really gross extent.

And that's before factoring in the 'thrusting'.

Please, Bancho. No more. Keep these sorts of really, (lets call them) 'niche' tastes of yours to yourself. Please.