Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fey Day edition: Tell me about your encounters with the Fae! Were they pleasant, mercurial, or just plain annoying?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z61jwgp7oPE
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70013/pathfinder-reign-of-winter
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/comfort/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel like this video is of a Haunt Collector Occultist

youtube.com/watch?v=Z61jwgp7oPE

Related question, how do you feel about gnome PCs?

They were delicious, and yet not!

I need help deciding what to do with a prisoner. I will describe the situation that lead up to me gaining a prisoner.

>party is over at my character's home
>my character is a street doctor who runs a free clinic
>suddenly some guys burst in, badly injured
>have just enough time to get two stable and get the story out of them
>they got ambushed by some guys while moving a shipment of opium pretty sure it was opium
>my character didn't expect combat so he stayed in the back and used CLW on the two injured guys who came in and sent them back out with the rest of my part to go fight
>fight ends pretty quickly with two guys running away
>I tell the party to drag in the dead and unconscious guy
>we search and strip them
>we find out the guys are gangsters and about the shipment
>they are grateful and offer to put in a good word for us with their boss
>everyone sees me as I take a crate out of the corner, stabilize the unconscious guy, tie him up, and nail him inside the crate
>tell them to leave the other body there and I'll take care of it
>gangsters leave, say they'll talk it over with their boss, if their boss likes the sound of us they'll come back tomorrow
>I spend the evening making bandages out of the dead man's clothing, burying the dead man, and giving the unconscious guy broth to keep him alive then renailing him into the crate after putting in rag padding so he doesn't chafe
>expect guy to be out for 2-3 more days unless I decide to use CLW on him I'm a witch with the healing hex so I can basically any time
>now I have to decide what to do with the guy

So the thugs who came in for help know I have the guy, my party knows I have the guy, his friends probably have no idea the guy is still alive and that I have him.

What should I do with the guy? My character doesn't have the nerve to sell him into slavery or selling him to be made into street soup, and at this point I'm too invested to just kill him.

isn't this like the fifth fucking thread you've posted this in?

the last time I dealt with the fey? The party fighter ignored all warnings and accepted a gift from a dryad. He's now married to her.

Third, the only reply I have really gotten is selling him into slavery and questions asking for clarification. I clarified those in the greentext and added my character doesn't have the nerve to sell him into slavery. I'm looking for any other thoughts.

I've never encountered any in a game where I was a player.

Some things just aren't meant to be.

Heal him up, tell him he owes you, give him enough money to get out of town, and set him loose with the warning that you can't cover for him if he doesn't get the fuck out of dodge.

What are the best hedgewitch tradition/archetype combos? Spiritualism + anything looks pretty good.

>Avowed player admitting to wanting to attack other PCs
Gee whiz, why am I not surprised?

Which make better wives, Dryads or Nymphs?

PCs could spar with each other voluntarily, you know.

Tell me /pfg/, How do you take care of your kids when you're adventuring. Surely you don't leave them at home. THATS WHEN THE GMs CAN GET THEM!!

oh man, this is a savage parody of owlturd

If you weren't retarded, I'd say it's because that's how the character's personality is, but since you're focusing on the class for some reason that's likely too hard for you to grasp.

Nymphs you can breed with, dryads are plants.

>Adventurers
>Having kids

>/pfg/ player admits to wanting to attack other PCs

Somehow I doubt that would last for long, pretty soon they'd be itching for an excuse to take offense at anything because "its in character".

Kind of disappointing that you went from an evil done well character to just another asshole.

Not gonna lie, I thought it was until I saw your post.

I have had PCs pick fights with my characters. This has lead to me always building a character under the assumption that I should be able to fight the rest of the party by myself at least long enough to get away if not win the fight.

I don't trust anyone at this point.

its more likely than you think.

Iron Mage + Astrology, Inspiration + Charlatanism

You can breed with dryads, you stick it in the plant hole.

Familiar Satchel:
This armored case provides total cover to any Tiny or smaller creature contained within it. It includes air holes (which can be plugged with cork stoppers if you need to go underwater) and two receptacles for food and water.

Have you ever had a ""This must be the work of an enemy stando" moment in game?

I wasn't the one who made the character, but I see... Well, hopefully everyone involved will be mature, huh?

What's them being an Avowed got anything to do with being an asshole?

I am not going to repeat my mistakes and go to sleep, but here's to draw about a single look over it without even a chance of getting new applications because I am an impatient guy who thinks that 3 apps over the course of w, what, 30 or so hours equals to a dead game? It has to be the lack of memes, parties that come after the second party and tits.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70013/pathfinder-reign-of-winter

Now with more centuars and misogynistic demon gorillas people will not see until a few months in.

Yes. I asked them to stop with the Jojo references.

Big burly centaur babes are the best! The best!

Well first you start training them how to use a sword. That way when they eventually have to go out on their own murder hobo roadtrip then they're at least somewhat ready.

The 9:30 AM start time is kind of killer, dude.

It's not the start time, it's just there to be a time so the listing would appear. The time itself is decided later.

It's the start time and the 'no 3pp' stance that makes us disinterested.

>Iron Mage + Astrology
I hadn't thought of that: they both buff allies within 30 ft. But Iron Mage really wants you to dump a ton of talents into War, but Astrology wants you to go with Light.

Are there sex change items other than the one cursed item girdle? There's a pair of gays who decided to have a kid but I'd rather point them at something a little more dignified than that.

Philter of Sex shifting

Elixer of Sex Shifting

Perfect, thanks.

Does anyone have a link for the pdf of Black Stars Beckon?

I hear ya. Somehow, that strategy always ends up resulting in a party where everyone gets along and there are no problems.

Seriously, it's like taking an umbrella when you think it's going to rain--it's a lucky charm.

Refer to for the time and my stance on the 3pp is changing when a friend of mine beat my over the head with a laptop full of 3pp stuff and forced me at gun point to read through them. Still not letting 3pp classes because I can't make heads or tails of them and how well they stand up or against paizo stuff.

Nothing in Astrology cares about the Light Sphere besides getting it for free from the Tradition Benefit. It's all about the auras + oracle revelations without having a curse.

The irony is that its usually the weaker party members that get targeted.

Did I just imagine the Comfort enchantment?

>gming
>part encounters city and hear a lot about its leader
>cleaned up crime in the town
>broke up the gangs
>got public works going to dig drainage ditches so the poor parts of town don't flood
>offered a deal to all homeless that they could serve in an armed militia for 3 squares meals a day and warm place to sleep
>cleaned out the corrupt tax collectors
>busted corrupt money lenders
>rebuilt the wall
>restored a local cathedral

The party was liking him quite a lot. They met him and the man suddenly became extremely standoffish towards the party. The paladin, who is paranoid, detected evil on the off chance and found out he was evil. They nobleman responded after the party finished up a mission for the man with:
>I thank you for your service, and you will be payed. However I did not realize you had one of, those, in your group. I apologize but I do not believe I will have any further work for you all.

He was referring to the party gnome.

The players through a bitch fit, I found it hilarious.

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/comfort/

I want to run an arc for my Pathfinder group revolving around ghouls. What are some interesting uses for ghouls besides having them be hungry cannibals who hang out in graveyards?

ghoulish humor

To tack on to this post, I want to run an arc involving CHUDs. Are there any pre-existing modules involving sewer ghouls?

Graveyard robberies conducted by ghouls and ghasts in service to a Dread Ghast! The dread ghast is putting together a banquet and seeks the finest of corpses to dine upon.

Maybe there's even a competition between several "noble" Ghasts!

>d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/comfort/
Okay. So it does exist, though it doesn't raise max dex like I thought it would. Anything to do that?

Not through enchantments at the least, that's a 3.5e thing.

A Necromancer has moved into town. Preying on the hearts of the citizens, they've created ghouls or the recently passed and conned the ignorant village into believing that it's actual healing magic, albeit with side-effects. When the PCs arrive, the township hides and protects the necromancer, completely unaware of his actual plans to raise a small army with the town's aid.

I ran a game where the ghouls had formed a noble caste that ruled over human peasants. They actually had what I thought was a pretty neato system for how they determined their ancestry and line of succession.

How is worked is the ghoulish nobility had a living elven family that served as their personal guards, servants, etc. This family lived in and amongst the ghoulish nobles. When the ghouls desired a new member to their clan they would select a member of the elven family and infect them with ghoul fever. How line of succession worked is that it was entirely by infection point and not by ancestry. Meaning even if two ghouls were separated by 4 generations in the elven family if they were infected by the same ghoul they had status based on time of turning and the status of their infector. If a ghoul in the noble caste was to infect and turn someone not of the elven family, particularly a non-elf as it was considered generally dirty and weaker they inherited a status similar to that of a bastard child among mortal nobility.

The players mainly dealt with a LE Tyrant Anti-paladin ghoul who was tasked with keeping the southern border. The ghouls were not expansionist and content with telling the players, a family of dwarves raised to noble status, to simply keep out of their territory and they would not be bothered. The ghouls did this because their own northern front was enough to keep them busy.

What's a good enhancement to put on mithril chain shirt for an elementalist?

Nah, that'd be dumb.

It's... well, she's complicated. As said, it would be a lie that she would never get into a fight with a fellow party member, but to take that sentence and twist it to mean "Hurr Durr she wants to beat up the party 'cause she's a cunt" is wrong. She lives for fighting, that's true, but there are so many different contexts for her to fight someone in, because it's how she communicates.

If she respects someone, she'll want a friendly spar to test their mettle.

If she likes someone, she'll want to spar on the regular so they both get stronger.

If she's attracted to someone, she'll demand they fight her, and if he agrees she'll see where things go in the heat of the moment.

But she'll never throw the first punch (unless it's a "LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH" type moment where she sees Party Paladin in despair and decides that it's better for him or her to be mad at the evil teammate than to be sulking over spilled milk. And even that would be one non-power attack non-aether channel non-lethal unarmed strike.)

She's a very physical person, and expects people to be just as physical with her as she is with them.

I'd love to be there to pop out of the trees and hug that young elf girl on the happiest days of her life

>Be DM'ing Kingmaker adventure path
>Pixie and fairy dragon part of adventure
>Have them use cantrips and the like to accost party horses, have them steal little things like flint, hide holy symbols
>general fairy nonsense
>Party Cleric is furious
>he spends a little over 30 minutes trying to convince the rest of the party to track down and murder the fey
>rest of party is chill
>"no need for fairy genocide"
>Cleric still furious
>Fast forward
>After the party achieves rulership that player makes his own city
>Bans fey from the town
>makes clay golems to patrol city for crime, fey
>clay golems get vandalized with graffiti, as its a non-hostile action the golems just let it happen
>rest of players have to convince cleric not to reprogram golems to kill everything that gets close to them
>Players barely convince him not to reprogram the golems
>fast forward again
>End of campaign
>Is revealed that last boss, the one responsible for the majority of shit that happens, is fey
>Cleric loses his goddamn mind

I'll take "things that never happened" for $100.

Amusing.

No, that's actually a thing. Kingmaker does that shit, with a little leeway to let the GM screw with his players. The BBEG is also a nymph that's gone stark raving yoiks.

Some players get super duper pissed when their inventories get messed with. you steal something form them, they will chase you to the ends of the earth.

Adding to what that user said, I'm pretty sure something like one in two groups that run Kingmaker develop a feud with the fairies. The only reason my group didn't kill them was our Druid holding us back, and even then, just barely.

The sandbox element of Kingmaker was dank and gave plenty of opportunities to screw with the paranoid cleric. It didn't help that he was technically a cleric of Erastil but acted like a LE munchkin

Player inventory is the one thing holier than any god

Man, I had Tyg and her steed LARPing as a dragon riding fairie knight when they met the players.

Of course, literally every Faerie Dragon the party has encountered has pretended to be a True Dragon of some variety with their illusion magic. They finally figured out one of them was merely an illusion, but they've already recruited half of them to be "Court Dragons" for their great kingdom.

So does a Spherecaster with the Somatic Casting drawback suffer NO ASF in Light armor?

that's beautiful. Fey are some of the best non-lethal foils for PCs

I wonder what /pfg/ Kingmaker would develop into.

They kept rolling Faerie Dragon for half their random encounters, too, for a good three levels. So they're halfway through the map, and they've recruited an entire rainbow of friendly "chromatic" and "metallic" dragons thanks to the face's decision to diplomance each and every one of them.

You can take Somatic twice. The first time you take it, you can still cast in Light, yes. Only taking it the second time hits all armor.

And does that work with wearing Mithral medium armor? If I take it once can I cast spells fine in, for example, a Mithral Breastplate? Or better yet, a Noqual breastplate?

First time making a sorcerer here, and in dire need of advice. Main thing I'm looking for is to mix utility with a ton of damaging spells however this'll work.

The party only really consists of me and another person. So I'm trying to find an efficient way I can juggle a lot of the responsibilities I would have as a caster and party face. Through some research I got a plan for my bloodline but that's as far as that goes.

Anything third-party would have to be approved by my DM.

Doesnt Noqual make it harder to cast?

>Player A hosts our PF group at his house
>Player A is unavailable this week, doesn't want us to use his house so we have to consider other options
>Player B is pissed that Player A apparently doesn't trust us enough to let us into his house when he's not home (have admittedly know each other for a long time with no problems between ourselves)
>consider playing at Player B's house but I hate going to Player B's house because reasons
>plus we're down a player anyway and I'm not as prepped as I'd like to be for this week
>plan to cancel the session but have a feeling Player B is going to be pissed that we're not having a session basically because of Player A

I mean, Player B isn't technically wrong but I'm not bothered at all by Player A because as far as I'm concerned nobody ever needs a reason not to let other people into their house when they're gone, friends or otherwise. Maybe I'd be a little more upset if I was more excited for this upcoming session but even then I think I'd just be disappointed rather than angry at Player A.

Man, I hope shit doesn't hit the fan over this though. Both A and B are normally pretty laid back but when B gets angry he doesn't seem like he can let it go very easily.

A xenophilic nation known for it's interspecies brothels I imagine?

Yeah, in base PF it increases your Arcane Spell Failure chance. But if I'm understanding Somatic Spherecasting right then you wouldn't have an ASF since it's light armor.

You can take the somatic casting drawback twice. If you only take it once, then you indeed take NO ASF in light armor. Bards and Summoners have similar armor rules.

If you take it twice, you take ASF from any armor.

Frankly? Just play a human. the racial FCB humans get massively expands the spell list you have available at any given time, meaning you can pick up some utility casting stuff.

One thing though - the situation you describe tells me you might want to go for an arcanist over a sorcerer. I like sorcerer better, but being able to prep a sorc spell list for the day from a spell book is somewhat more powerful than basic sorcerer stuff. Just an idea, though, and I don't think I'd personally do it, as I dislike Arcanist.

I don't think you'd deal with the ASF in mithral breastplate, but if you aren't proficient with medium armor then you take some other penalties.

> A character who is wearing armor with which he is not proficient applies its armor check penalty to attack rolls and to all skill checks that involve moving.

Go full-on with the Lovecraftian take on ghouls. They don't just hang out in graveyards, they have a secret society in the Dreamlands that they can teleport to from atop a gravestone. They're not all bad, just mostly bad, but they keep their memories from their time alive and can be bargained with. Instead of "just" hungry cannibals, make them NPCs the party might (begrudingly) need help from in order to achieve some other, greater goal.

Noqual increases ALL spell failure 'regardless of source or the wearers abilities'

You'd still eat the Noqual spell failure.

If I had my say there'd be a mini-arc where one Gnome's hopeless dream of a nation primarily of and for small-folk (Halflings, Gnomes, Ratfolk, even Grippli and Wayangs if they'll work within the rules of the new nation) get shot down hard, only for her to shrug and go "worth a shot!"

I mean, they've never tried being landed nobility before!

My character was rescued by a cute dryad when he was lost in the forest as a child. The dryad later married his father, becoming his cute stepmother.

Tell B to not be a bitch and that you don't like running games when one of the players isn't around. If Player A can't make it, you're not going to run a game, just like if Player B wasn't able to make it.

It's safer to look at dryads, but they're limited to staying in one area. I'd probably say dryads, though. It would be tough if your nymph waifu lost control in the throes of passion and blinded you.

His only kid is unknown and illegitimate, so he's back on the farm with his peasant mother.

Why don't they just adopt?

How would you run an archaeology campaign, /pfg/?

Is the tone realistic and focused on overcoming the hurdles of actually setting up an excavation? Is it more Indiana Jones-y, all about dodging traps, angry locals, and one of various totalitarian enemies to get a hold of valuable artifacts which may or may not also be magical and put them in a museum?

Speaking of, who are the party? Legitimate archaeologists working for an institution of learning? Treasure-hunters seeking to pawn their ill-gotten gains on the black market? Agents of a dictator hoping to use the artifacts to achieve world domination? Occultists attempting to destroy the artifacts so nobody can use them?

Oh, I remember those guys from my Kingmaker campaign. They first met the party before I joined the campaign, and it was a really bad meeting for them on account of the party rogue's near genocidal hatred of fey. IIRC, he climbed up a tree to try and get one of them, put was pushed out of the tree and KO'd by falling damage. The rest of the party kept him KO'd so they could actually talk with the pixie and fairy dragon.

The second time we met them, we were coming back to our city to have the dead rogue rezzed after he died, and the set-up was that we had a large cart-wagon pulled by two horses, one ridden by our bard (the rogue's best friend) and the other by the party's oracle. Meanwhile, my Kensai Magus walked ahead of the horses, while the rogue's corpse was setting in the cart along with whatever loot we were bringing back.

I don't remember if the pixie even survived the first encounter with the rogue, but I as we were traveling back the fairy dragon happened to cross paths with us. When he saw the dead rogue, he came up to the horses (standing directly behind my magus, whom he had never met before) and then broke the invisibility he was using to safely approach us before seeing the rogue was dead.

He said to the bard, "Oh, I see you made the right choice and killed that psycho!" This obviously trigger the bard, who was still upset over his friend's death, and he screamed as he pulled out his crossbow to shoot the fairy dragon. Except... When we rolled initiative, my Kensai won first turn. He hadn't seen any of this, only head them speaking, and in response to hearing the bard's exclamation, he reflexively drew his sword, spun around, got a critical hit and dealt almost max damage, dropping the fairy dragon in one blow. The DM said I just cut him straight in half, and my character shook the blood from his blade, sheathed it, and turned to carry on again. The bard kept the corpse, later had it skinned to make a football. The rogue loved the story.

Sounds marriageable

Shadowmoor elves are unreasonably cute. I want a dozen!

Well, my official rule for the group is that one absent player will not stop me from running but two absent players will. Missing one player is obviously still a negative though, and for this coming week there are a host of negatives that add up to me not wanting to run.

Personally, I can't be bothered to involve myself in someone else's drama so I'm not going to tell Player B anything (except that I'm canceling the session, if I do decide to, but of course I'll be telling everyone that).

What does /pfg/ think of the Blood Transcription spell?
Currently in a game as a Witch, we just hit level 2 and we're chasing this one asshole mage of some sort who has boots of go fast. Assuming we hit level 3 before or right after finding and killing the guy then taking his shoes like the hobos we are, what are the chances of him being a mage with Witch spells? So far seems to be either a sorcerer or wizard and I want to drink that blood for writing spells to learn.

Play it like the Pathfinders and actually do pathfinder stuff instead of "go get this relic-- WHOOPS NOW YOU'RE INVOLVED IN THE FATE OF REALITY"

>all this talk about marriage
>marrying anything

You're wasting valuable murder time and valuable hobo'ing time! There's dragons out there to slay/use as living siege weapons/banish to hell dimensions/steal from! Get to it!

>Not turning dragons into lolis to then teach as little sisters
Yes I'm that much of a fag

But that does make me think. If you turn a dragon into a person, how would they go about gaining a class?

Don't the Pathfinders spend most of their time stealing other people's shit for their super special secret museum, regardless of the consequences?