Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Johnny_Spinrad.personasoft
>Composure_Booster_offer.sim
>Walking_into_a_KE_office.btl
>Spirit_Taunter_S3E6.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 146 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, I saw what you did there. WHAT. THE. FUCK?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flirting_With_The_Sea_Dragon.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Giving no fucks edition

Did you ever do something SO BALLSY that everyone else just stood there in shock?
Something where everyone though "No one's that dumb" and you proved them wrong?

>this is fine.jpg

>Did you ever do something SO BALLSY that everyone else just stood there in shock?
>Something where everyone though "No one's that dumb" and you proved them wrong?
Never made my GM or fellow players feel that way, but I suspect that every shadowrunner worth their salt has made civilians feel that, if not whatever security forces they find themselves going up against as well. I certainly know that I have.

Once saw a street samurai hit a man with a pie so hard that knocked him out cold.

>Knight Errant Super Action Commando Squad
It needs to spell something as an acronym.

I jumped off a boat we were on and punched through a sub in order to stop it from escaping. I'm glad someone threw me a life preserver on a rope before they left me behind.

those are more supposed to be separate.

I witnessed a Troll Physical Adept RKO a truck.

What is the most overused big bad and their plans in shadowrun?

Aztechnology and Blood Magic for world domination.

Our face once talked his way into a hospital claiming to be with the charity group "Cats for the Comatose"

The cat was our shapechanged mage.

Dragons. Just about anything with them.

We were once hired to kidnap a CFO's son who liked to fly a little single-engine plane from a private airstrip on the weekends, and after shit went south my sammy was able to make off with the target by sprinting onto the runway amidst fucktons of gunfire and grabbing onto the plane's door before he could fully take off in a last-ditch attempt to run away from us. Nothing quite like the look on an A-corp bigwig's face as he sits in the control-tower watching his son's plane pass by while a heavily-armed Ork clings onto the outside, hearing his son's panicked screech over the radio before it cuts dead as said Ork wrenches the door open and clambers inside.

Personally, I think every member of a shadowrunner group should have at least one 'hold my beer' moment per campaign.

Man, I wish my group still had a dedicated face that got us into places with his crazy bullshit lies. The best we've had since he was gone was the one alchemist who thought that disguising himself and the technomancer as 2 people already inside a two-story office building was a good plan for social infiltration that wouldn't fall apart in a matter of minutes.

The apocalypse cult lost some power, so now Aztechnology is just regular world domination

>The apocalypse cult lost some power
Sadly that's either not true at all or they've still got enough power to be a threat, because they're playing the long game now.

So someone mentioned the cyberdickman last thread and I figured I'd run some numbers so we can get a definitive number.
Assuming this is Johnny Spinrad's pet project and he's willing to shell out as much nuyen as we need, here's what I came up with:

Biocompat (Cyber) + Adapsin + Gammaware = 0.324 ess multiplier = 0.3
Adapsin: 0.2 Ess 30,000Y
Gammaware Luminal Body Centaur: 0.9 Ess 400,000Y (80 capacity, 4 20 capacity cyberlegs for 160 capacity)
Gammaware bulk mod for Centaur body R6: +6 capacity, 15,000Y
4xGammaware bulk mod for leg R4: +4 capacity, 10,000Y (+16 capacity, 40,000Y)
2xGammaware obvious cyberarm: 0.3 Ess, 15 capacity, 75,000Y (0.6 Ess, 30 capacity, 150,000Y)
2xGammaware bulk mod for arms R4: +4 capacity, 10,000Y (+8 capacity, 20,000Y)
Gammaware Torso: 0.45 Ess, 10 capacity, 100,000Y
Gammaware bulk mod for torso R6: +6 capacity, 15,000Y
Gammaware Skull: 0.23 Ess, 4 capacity, 50,000Y
Gammaware bulk mod for skull R2: +2 capacity, 5,000Y
Total cost for Cyberlimbs: 2.38 Ess, 825,000Y
Total Capacity: 242
242x Gammaware genital replacements (Cyberware): 10,000 (2,420,000Y)
Essence remaining: 3.62 Ess
Essence cost of a gammaware reproductive replacement: 0.1 * 0.4 = 0.04
3.62/0.04 = 90.5 = 90 gammaware reproductive replacements
90xGammaware reproductive replacements(Bioware): 40,000Y (3,600,000Y)

Total Essence costs: 5.98 Ess
Total Nuyen costs: 6,845,000Y
Total Dongs: 332
Look on corpsec's face when you roll into their office with 332 erections: Priceless

>Total Essence costs: 5.98 Ess
And to think that all Aztechnology did with the same essence loss is turn me into a highly effective killing machine.

What's with the cyberlimbs? Can't you just put the cyberdicks directly onto your body?

Just a few months ago.
This fucking MCT Johnson was being a tremendous cunt, basically constantly underpaying us for "not performing adequately" (meaning in this case the plan didn't go exactly as he said it would and it was automatically our fault), but otherwise gave us some nifty toys.
After wacking 50% off of our agreed upon price at the payment (usually we pay through third party because it's more reliable) I finally got fed up with him.

So I drew on the spot and shot him in the guts (the rest of the group freaked the fuck out), then demanded the rest of our pay unless he wanted to loose both of his kneecaps and also his family since we had long since known where they lived after working with him five times.
He revealed that he was constantly underpaying because he never actually HAD all that he promised every time, and some of the info he gave up implied that the runs we were doing for him were actually for his benefit and not the actual company (he was eliminating opposition to his promotions by sabotaging or killing his rivals) and he wasn't even doing it officially. We spared his family, but mines his commlink for paydata (which we sold to his rivals he was working against), and left him alive but reported him to his rivals at MCT who paid us for the trouble.

Our GM actually seemed PLEASED at my audacity, but truth be told all the hacking homework on him I'd kinda figured that out Mr Johnson isn't actually a pro and was basically an amateur trying to bluff his way through it.
Admittedly my reaction was somewhat over the top but I was SICK of his attitude.

What are some good positive quality pickups for a ranged street sam?

Hawk Eye.
Bumping all range catagory penalties up by one is fantastic, and getting Improved Rangefider's in your guns on top of that is gold.

Cyberlimbs allow more dildos to be installed because they will take up the limb's Capacity instead of eating Essence.

Just remember it doesn't work if you have cybereyes.

>cyberware installed into other cyberware doesn't cost essence
Well shit, now I need to redo some math.

you can, but you can fit far more in using limb capacity, a cyber arm can hold 10 cyber dicks on capacity, whereas only 4 would fit in the equivalent essence cost.

Okay. Question for you, /srg/.
Let's say I make a gunbunny who is crazy about boys. But she has very specific tastes- those tastes being she is an absolute sucker for true hero fight for justice types.

Will this trait ever come into play in shadowrun?

depends on your GM

Is she really crazy about boys if she actually only has one type she's crazy about?
That's no so much "crazy about" so much as it is "I have a very specific type I'm very attracted to."

Hey /srg/, I'm currently looking for a run to put my players through. I usually write my own, but I have a shit-ton of work coming up and I don't think I'm going to have the time.
Could anyone recommend a nice module featuring a prototype steal against a AA / AAA corp? Playing 5th but anything that doesn't impact the metaplot too much and doesn't rely on out-dated tech works.

Theoretically, somebody will notice, and probably try to take advantage of it somehow.

The how depends on who's doing the search. If you've made a bit too much pain for one corp, they might try an indoctrinated double-cross. A criminal syndicate might try to get one pain to direct some pain towards a competitor.

All kinds of ways it can come up and be interesting, and not just in those direct ways.

Find somebody with a soup kitchen, a mask, and plot hooks should come spilling out.

She will still gossip like crazy about how various people should be with various boys, though.

Please rise for the national anthem of /srg/
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT

Can someone clarify something for me?

How important are Physical Limits? Currently, I have a melee-built Street Samurai character, with four cybernetic limbs. My body is 5, Str 3 (7 for cyberlimbs) and Reactions 4, putting my physical limit at 6. Do the ratings of my cyberlimb count into the limit calculation?

I'm also using Spurs in both hands. Am I going to be useful at all with a build like this?

Someone mentioned to watch smokin' aces to get an idea of a pink mohawk team some threads ago. They said you'd recognize it when you see it.

I did see it, and now I really want to find a group to play shadowrun with locally. Too bad nobody here likes playing PnP.

My god. My GM made an arithmetic error when he wrote up my character. All this time that I thought I was playing a 0.02 essence streetsam, I was actually playing a 0.12 essence streetsam.

>How important are Physical Limits?
as long as your limit is above or equal to (your highest dicepool)/3 you should be fine

>Do the ratings of my cyberlimb count into the limit calculation?
no, but IIRC the kraut rules have one that says that when using 4 cyberlimbs you can use their stats to calculate the limits

>Am I going to be useful at all with a build like this?
depends on the rest of your character. When in doubt print it to PDF and post it here

Your Physical Limit is the maximum number of successes you can get on a test linked to a physical skill, such as Sneaking, Gymnastics, Running, or Unarmed Combat. Therefore, attacks with your Spurs will have a Limit of 5 (your limit is 5 by the way, 3x2+4+5=15 15/3=5). That's not amazing, but it will work as long as you are not throwing more than 15 dice in Unarmed Combat.

Another thing that uses the Pysical Limit is Knockdown: when you take damage greater than your Physical Limit, you are knocked on your ass. Gel Rounds reduce your Limit by 2 for the purposes of Knockdowns. So if someone fires at you with Gel Rounds, and you take 4 boxes of stun damage, you're on the ground.

Why on earth are you shelling out for 4 subpar cyberlimbs?
The ratings of your cyberlimbs come into effect for the limit if you are using your cyberlimb. Though I am pretty sure it's just implied with the typical rules and not corrected anywhere.
With a cyberlimb you can buy and enhance it. Its possible to have a Str 1 human with a str 10 cyberarm.
Though he can basically only squeeze.
And unless you have a cybertorso on top of this crap you can't lift as your back will give out... etc etc.

That's not really being crazy about boys, user. That's shipping.

Wait, nevermind. I think he mislabelled standard Pathogenic Defense 1 as a quality for some reason.

That's mostly gossipy and nosey rather then boy-crazy.

hmmm.
Well, gossipy while also having a lady boner for kamen rider might be close enough?

Best case scenario: she ends up retiring to marry a 100% clean Knight Errant officer. But it's more likely she'll end up having a number of star-crossed love affairs that never end well.

Here you go

>a number of star-crossed love affairs that never end well
Haha, yeah. Amazing.
Especially since she is a morally grey at best shadowrunner.

put a point away from willpower, in those two you want uneven numbers
you should put a point into etiquette so you don't default
why put a point in hardware?
Instead of using medicine or first aid you should invest in a good medkit
swimming is almost never used, where do you play?
Your AGI is abysmal, what are you trying to do?

Okay, so when I buy cyberware that gets installed into other cyberware, it has the be the same grade as the cyberware it's getting installed into, correct?

Wait, if you have agility 7 cyberarms, 6 in unarmed and a speciality in cyberweapon, doesn't that mean you're rolling 15 dice? The sheet says 11.

ignore that last comment

it's going off the natural stat (which is 3) so 3+6+2=11

yes

Yes. Although if you're going for an arm of god type cyber-arm, consider sparing enough space to get either a pair of Sensors or a Sensor array at rating 5.

If you have the skill and luck to make a good Active Sensor attack, that's a good start to any attack.

I used Chummer, so it may not have calculated that properly.

I used spare points to get skills I want my character to know for flavour. We're playing in northern Europe. I thought one point in Swimming is better than drowning if something weird happens.

Isn't Agility 7 enough? That's what I'm using for melee attacks with my cyberarms, right? Why is uneven Willpower better?

>Isn't Agility 7 enough?
see , I didn't see them

>Why is uneven Willpower better?
because your stun track is 8+WIL/2 rounded down. WIL 3 and WIL 4 both give you 10 boxes

also, someone correct me if wrong, but isn't your movement dependent on your leg agility? As a melee fighter your most important thing is going first and going fast

Also, you should invest in a gun skill and get yourself one
because it can always be that you need to kill someone further away

>Art
>Fashion
>Literature
>Street Drugs

Just take me now, Street Samurai-sempai.

I would love to, but cybernetics ate my soul =(

Fuck me, its like a cock koosh ball

Movement is based on your agility, not on your leg agility. Apply Skimmers and Satyr Legs to go sanic speed.

asking, cause his legs are AGI 3 both, his total averaged AGI is 4.6, so 4.
And in case it was leg AGI he could just crank that up

Can Trolls get Agility 5 Strength 10 cyberarms at character creation? I'm pretty sure this pushes the availability up to 13, so you couldn't get it without restricted gear, but that seems like a pretty big oversight to me.

Yeah, Trolls don't play well with cyberlimbs. Its a pain

IF you go used/omegaware quality it drops the availability by 4, making it possible and allowing you to fit in some other availability altering mods.

I was able to get an AGI 8 STR 14 armor 3 cyberarm on a cyclops.
>cyclops max STR 11
>used cyberlimb
>customized to 11 str
>enhanced to 14 str
>customized to 5 agi
>enhanced to 8 agi
You will barely squeak out under 12 availability, but your arm will perform terrible acts of destruction.

I wonder if you could put modular connector(wrist) on it, then slap on an extreme cyberweapon when you need to destroy things with 19P.

>The maximum bonus a character receive from these items is limited to their Strength attribute.

>The total Armor bonus needs to be compared to his Strength. Wombat is now at a +8 Armor bonus with a Strength of 5, so he suffers a –1 penalty to his Agility and Reaction while using both armor accessories.

So which is it? Does Wombat have only 5 armor bonus and is needlessly equipping shit he doesn't need? Or did the book mean to say he gets the full bonus but suffers on Agi/Rea?

You get the bonus, but every 2 full points over your Str gives you a -1 Agi/Rea.

Basically, your value from shit like Armor Jackets? Doesn't matter. Helmets/Shields/SecureTech PPP? Don't let it go higher than Str+1.

Gets the full bonus, but suffers on AGI/REA.

If your AGI or REA is 0, I'm pretty sure you can't move.

And given the penalty incurred, it can be said that the amounts over aren't bonuses any more.

They cost too much to be a bonus.

That's what I figured, but that one line from above made it seem like your Strength was a limit on Armor bonus period.

Shadowrun 5e is full of self-contradictions like this. The scaling penalty one makes more sense.

Hell, this whole book is so poorly formatted. I'm almost 200 pages in, and I STILL feel like I don't know how to play the game. I feel like I can barely make a character.

>I STILL feel like I don't know how to play the game
It takes, at minimum, months to get to that point. Assuming you have something resembling a life and responsibilities and you can't spend 6+ hours a day studying a fucking game manual.

Not gonna lie, I completely understand if you decide to drop SR5 in favor of a different cyberpunk game. This rules system is an abomination. The only reason I'm playing it is because my GM insisted on using it out of unwillingness to try anything else. I wouldn't touch it with an eleven-foot pole otherwise.

Unless your group is making you learn it, I recommend doing yourself a favor and just walking away. It becomes a time-sink that can easily consume your entire leisure time at the expense of other, better things. Just play a different cyberpunk game that is actually playable. I hear good things about Cyberpunk 2020. I know the OSR people mention lovingly-crafted cyberpunk systems too.

But I LIKE Shadowrun's system. I just hate how hard it is to parse.

Try the superbook, the cheat sheets, and the specialty sheets.

They really help.

Well, one time I was playing a Troll Archer, and we needed to kill some guy who'd holed up in some craphole motel with cheap walls.

We had our infiltrator check where the guy was, make an ARO of it on my HUD, and figured out what the strength of the walls were. My troll steps out of the van, strings a bow as tall as him in broad daylight, aims at the building, and proceeds to put a pair of arrows clean through the entire thing, killing the man we'd been after and probably almost pulling him through the hole on the other side.

Our infiltrator, being a complete and utter moron, decided that he wasn't going to move at all while this was being planned out. The arrow actually went straight through the entire building, the target, and then proceeded to nail nearly nail our infiltrator to the wall of the alley.

what are the 'don't take this shit unless you want to ruin the game/your character' negative qualities?

Pacifist
Uncouth
Gremlins
Cyberpsychosis

Honorable mentions include Berserker, In Debt, and some Codes of Honor.

LEEEEEEROY JENKINS
Fucking meme quality

Uncouth just means that you're Bull. You really want to fuck something up? Take the Blacksmith mentor spirit, Vindictive, and Uncouth, and throw in Did You Just Call Me Dumb for good measure.

Pacifist is fine, Cyberpsychosis is standard, In Debt is questionableish but acceptable assuming your player isn't a fuckbag.

I love playing the face. I'll join your group

1st tier pacifist and 1st tier gremlins ain't too bad. You're just playing Jacky Chan for one, or Old Joseph for the other.

When using shotgun choke, how do the negatives from range modifiers fit in? Do you basically just ignore them and use the choke rules because you are just shooting a cone instead of aiming precisely?

Allergy(Extreme,Wifi). Get anaphylactic shock anytime you're living in the 21st century. Have fun doing literally anything unless you are wrapped head-to-toe in Universal Mirror Material.

I just ran a game with the players taking on a group of 25 enemies in total, because they had to go loud very early, with them facing about 8 at any given moment
Christ that was draining.
Everyone had fun, but I'm beat.

You add range modifiers I would imagine.

user a couple threads ago kicked down a helicopter and then spent a ton of edge to just barely not die.

Why do I feel like this shit is always the streetsams.

Nobody else has the stupid dicepools to be retarded.

>Because sammies (adept or otherwise)
We went over this 2 threads ago.

Because the heavies are the ones most likely to have high attributes to do high flying, and save edge for this kind of stuff.

How many did they end up killing before the enemy force fell back?

Directional Jammer set into a Custom Ballistic Mask, so that you automatically disable the communications of people you're sneaking up on?

Yeah but do they have a code?

I will Black IC every motherfucker here if we have to sit through this argument again.

Did Molly Millions, OG streetsam, have a code?

Your mother has a code tattooed over her ass, redeemable at walmart.

Did she or did not, you snotnosed motherfucker?

question: Does the gradual release chemical gland effectively make you high all the time? Do you still suffer downer penalties from the drug?

What about things like blue blood, where if you have too much you take damage?

I think it was, "buy one, get one free."

You know I think I saw your mother in a box recently. It said "free to a good home".

That's a good one; I'll have to remember it, so I don't have to take the time to call your mother dumb, a bitch, and a whore when I pass your dumpster.

On topic, sixth world insults?