/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------

I’m kind of an Awesome thing, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-02-23 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
(CampaignAnon) Updated the instructions.
mediafire.com/file/nfo2vihjla01hhy/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v1-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-02-13 - Still getting worked on & now has 11079 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-02-13!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Cloud_Cobra#Culture
warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/robomechs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nova Cats, Cloud Cobras, Goliath Scorpions were all the same spiritual bullshit.

>mfw one of them had a literally jewish cluster with a star of david and everything

>
>What exactly is the difference between the Nova Cats and the Goliath Scorpions? Both clans with mystical bullshit, lover their accurate energy weapons, both Wardens...

They honestly should have been a fairly large single Clan, with various internal factions based on slightly different mystic ideas, strong wardens vs moderate crusaders, trying to convert other Clanners or not, etc.

If you're really trying to pare down on Clans, you could also include Cloud Cobra in the mix, and possibly some Fire Mandrill, and have little clusters of Goliath Cloud Cats following different Seekers, visionaries, etc. and competing both internally and externally.

Don't a lot of the Clan machines have some crappy heat management and not just those of Nova Cat origin?

Technically you forgot the Coyotes too

GS - drug-induced visions
CC - religious people
NC - spiritually based on dreams and visions
C - traditions inspired by North American natives

Well the Cloud Cobras were explicitly divided into different groups based around religions, so that's not too weird.

Hey does anyone remember that eurosite that had alt minis?

>guys,no matter how little sense it makes, we need a religious clan
>dont we have like, two of them already?
>we NEED religious clan?
>okay boss, what religion?
>uhhh, all of them

sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Cloud_Cobra#Culture

of course, another shitty background clan no one gives a shit about I literally forgot that they existed alongside with the burrocks

wait a second, wasnt the burrocks also religious?

>Anasaz - Inspired by an ancient Terran civilization, the Anasaz Cloister practice ancestor worship and believe the Supreme Being is a triumvirate, composed of Aleksandr Kerensky, his son Nicholas and the Way.

lel crazy tube-babbies

I mean, not *quite*
Nova cats were crazy hippies operating from a book on "indian spiritualism" they found in a collage book store for two bucks
The goliath scorpions are similar, except they bought theirs at a Grateful Dead concert
The cloud cobras are a bunch of retards trying to into abrahamic religion despite the fact that literally everything about the clan way of life is maximum haram by every standard they claim to follow

You're talking about the Russian site that sells MWO minis?

Russian you say. Got a link?

>I only just realized that MASC rolls only increase on consecutive uses, not total uses

Well I feel dumb now

>wait a second, wasnt the burrocks also religious?
No

Too bad the Wolverines took that whole injun thing with the Minnesota Tribe.

You'd think a clanner with a boner for redskins would take MARTIAL things from their culture, braves, dog warriors, staking their cloaks to the ground, raiding, spirits hunts and the like, not taking drugs and staring in the sun till you hallucinate.

The fucking CONCEPT of a religious clan irks me in every possible way. Some mysticsm like the Nova Cats did it, sure, but full blown religion and shit? SEVERAL of them?

I just want to go through all these background clans and retcon/rewrite them or at the very least give them something to do. Look at the Hells Horses, great combined arms concept, great decals, they do fucking nothing at all except getting shat on in the Great Refusal by literal nobodies.

warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/robomechs.html

Oh, and the Cloud Cobras have the Rossei Cloister which is apparently based on the Nova Cat mystic traditions.

I'm not too sure how the Cloisters are supposed to work, since they apparently have followers in other Clans.

Yeah the Coyotes have vision quests too

Although from the little I know about them, they don't really give a fuck and are more into science and shit, while the other clans are genuinely into the spirituality.

Yeah right, I had to go and check it. Burrcucks are also completely ridiculous, cucked and humiliated since their inception, literally written just to be a background and a doormat.

>Clan Burrock was assigned to Dagda during Operation Klondike with its first Cluster primarily featuring heavy and assault 'Mechs and Aerospace Fighters, while its single vehicle Star contained light and agile scout vehicles.[2] On Dagda the Burrocks primarily fought on the continent of Dratha, operating alongside Clan Widowmaker. Their overall performance was slow and steady, and while this met Kerensky's expectations he still preferred to rely upon other forces for the final operation on Dagda. As a result, Clan Burrock was sidelined during the final operation of the Pentagon campaign, securing the area around the Black Brian while Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon assaulted the fortress itself.

Also,

>totem
>a fucking burrowing cockroach

Shame, too, because their whole "Don't mind these dark castes" thing is interesting. And could have had a lot more.

Definitely need a new totem animal and name, though.

Nuclear Roach, the only Homeworld Clan worth to survived the WoB cleanse

MY BIRD BROTHERS!

>FWL motto
>not "me against my brother, me and my brother against my cousins, me and my cousins against the world"

Depends on the machine.

Too bad the Wolverines took that whole injun thing with the Minnesota Tribe.

lol they're barely known

And nothing about them was Indian.

>Wolverines
>barely known

They are literally behind every little thing happening in Battletech since 2800s

Comstar? WOLVERINES
Clan Invasion? WOLVERINES
Jihad? WOLVERINES
Wolverines? WOLVERINES

>clans in charge of coming up with decent insignias for their galaxies

>this is just screaming Snow Raven!

There's a difference between the official motto and the unofficial motto.

We Kappa Galaxy now, Sibkin.

>M.O.D.O.K. joins the clans

>UGGA, ME ROCKWARRIOR

>a fucking turd

>Burrcucks are also completely ridiculous, cucked and humiliated since their inception, literally written just to be a background and a doormat.

It's no more than that waste of a faction and their scuttling fanbase deserve.

Steel Viper Omega galaxy is God tier, though

I dunno, at least their totem was unique. Not a mammal, bird or snake.

You said it yourself. Their schtick is conspiracy theory crap, not Indians.

Yeah I have no objection to it being some sort of insect-crustacean-thing, but I suspect part of the reason they struggled as a faction is because "Burrock" is utterly forgettable compared to Steel Viper or Smoke Jaguar.

>Steel Viper

Now THERE is a pointless clan.

Reposting this here.
>I'm confused. Do you just...not want to? Or do you not know the rules for stuff like VSPs and MMLs?
I know the rules (though what is VSP the acronym for?) It's more that every time I start looking through the TROs/record sheets I get overwhelmed by the sheer choices and retreat back into the mechs I know best.

I don't think Burrock was ever really even given a chance for fluff. We had Wolf, Falcon and Jaguar hogging the limelight. I honestly don't even remember anything being mentioned about the Burrocks before we were told they're being absorbed.

Whose are these?

Like half of the clans never did anything and barely even got mentioned. The Goliath Scorpions, Blood Spirits,Cloud Cobras, Hell's Horses Coyotes and Fire Mandrills surprised everyone by actually existing, Its a shame because some of them actually had a pretty nice theme or schtick going on. I really wanted to see more eighties-disco Hell's Horses and their combined arms warfare or some fire themed infighting-samurai Fire Mandrills

Widowmaker could have served that role but they were absorbed as well, Only the original 4 invasion clans and the Adders are allowed to do anything

>their scuttling fanbase

Coyote

On the subject of Clan Burrock, in the original fluff (Invading Clans) only Clan Nova Cat was known for having a founder not from the SLDF.

Looking back at the Operation Klondike Historical the writers (CGL?) had the Burrock founders also be Rim Worlders now.

Wow, they don't miss any opportunity to shit on them. Now I really can't decide who had it the worst, Blood Spirits, Burrocks or Wolverines.

The Clans are laughable at best. . . I can buy into the SLDF returning to wreck havoc on the Inner Sphere, but as a unified, twisted version of itself, bent on the annihilation of the Great Houses that destroyed the Star League. Not so much with the poorly written Clan concept that now plagues battletech, and we're stuck with.

They were supposed to be Nicholas' magical realm gone too far all along. A twisted, inhumane society where duplicitous "honor" rules but only when its convenient, otherwise its a brutal cult of the warrior. It was only stable till they were isolated to shit on eachother.

Also, the Annihilation of the Wolverines and the semi-exile of the Blood Spirits show how much of a shithead Nicholas and the clans were the get to, they even used a honorable SLDF remnant ally as meat shields and killed them all when they became expedient.

Its such a shame Operation Bulldog didnt go all the way through and bombarded Strana Mechty from space.

Yep. Already know about the lore, but, frankly it was poorly written and stupid. They could have done it so much better. And, I agree with you on Operation Bulldog.

>They could have done it so much better
How so?

No, it was written perfectly, They got exactly what they wanted. You are not supposed to agree with or root for the clans.

Speaking of ded clans, out of the WoR losses, which one do you guys think would have been the most interesting as a flee-to-the-sphere clan?

Fire Mandrills would have been a fun addition to the clan protectorate

Not so much shitting on them but on the fluff. I mean how hard is it to keep tabs on the origins of the Clan founders?

They literally could have just reviewed the first paragraph or two of each Clan in Invading Clans.

Blood Spirits. Could probably stick them in former Rim Worlds space and have them slowly come out of their isolationist shell.

Or for maximum tsundere action have them end up in the Concordat.

I don't know man, I kind of think their society would ideal for us. Think about it, a place for everyone and an orderly society. No racism , no sexism, no gender identity politics, etc. Plus their genetics programs. We could breed out undesirable traits and diseases. Sure they aren't perfect but then no society is. And we'd still have the Chatterweb to shitpost.

As follow up questions, where would you put them, and how do you think their new neighbors and situation would change them?

weak bait

Freebirth get off the Chatterweb! This is for Trueborn only!

>I mean how hard is it to keep tabs on the origins of the Clan founders?

The problem is that you expected them to do *any* fact checking. At all. Or even give a shit about internal consistency.

Shut up and buy a copy of Touring the Stars: Assfuck Nowhere World, another exciting supplement about a dead planet that was irrelevant before it got killed. We had to increase the price to $9.99 though.

>Or for maximum tsundere action have them end up in the Concordat.
>I-I just helping you invade the Pleiades because I h-hate the great houses
>I-it's not like I like you or anything
>S-stravag

Clan Crushed Spirits, but with Clan Blazing Ape a very close second

Does anyone know if there design software for Support Vehicles? I'm wanting to design a couple of submersibles (on missile, the other a carrier), The construction rules seem to be way too complicated then I think they need to be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Uzumaki!

So which is the most efficient method of organization.

The Inner Sphere Regiment or the Clan Cluster?

Davion RCTs because the Suns can do no wrong.

Inner Sphere: Base 4
Clans: Base 5
Comstar/WoB: Base 6

>Does anyone know if there design software for Support Vehicles?
I am sorry that I must inform you that there is not and will quite probably never be.

SLDF standard regimental scheme the Inner Sphere follows.

The Davion RCT helps once you get out of the Starl League era Big Ole Formations.

Clan clusters are fine for an insular dueling culture. Once the tech gap is closed you end up having to fight as entire galaxies.

So I see the Falcons took both Steiner BattleMaster factories on Pandora and Twycross.

Did House Steiner get production on it started anywhere else?

VSPs are Variable-Speed Pulse Lasers.

J.B. BattleMechs, Goldenboro after 3053.

Stop shilling this stupid fucking idea

I guess it's marginally more likely that they'd unite with the faction that claims to be the last true surviving element of the SLDF than that they'd ally with the Suns, so there's that.

Just damn tired of >muh tsundere

Unless he's selling some kind of factional VN where you play as the TC and waifu anthropomorphic factions with the Spirits as the tsundre route, he's not shilling anything.
actually, a VN with anthropomorphic faction girls would be fucking hilarious, I'd play it. Maybe the girls could be clans and the player is nicky k
Also, why so mad?

That was the second time it was mentioned since it was first brought up four threads ago.

>Rim World space
No stay away from that shit it's the last under-defined frontier left in meaningful space in the whole of the Inner Sphere. All those Amaris caches and secret factory worlds... it's a damn playground and I'd rather it stay that way.

If anything, blood spirit would be the shy girl who's afraid to admit her feelings for fear of being rejected again, not tsundere

>I guess it's marginally more likely that they'd unite with the faction that claims to be the last true surviving element of the SLDF than that they'd ally with the Suns, so there's that.
There's at least precident in the form of like a score of SLDF (brigades?) and about a dozen fucking WarShips defecting from the SLDF to the TC in the '65 uprising
And besides, they hated the capellans almost as much and look what happened there
Of course the funny thing would be that even with the Blood Spirits, the TC would STILL have less clantech than the suns by the DA considering how raggedy-assed the spirits were

>/btg/ last thread
>mfw Ivanova has all the green drazi switch to purple at the end of the episode
PURPLE BURD STRONK

IS is really more 3. Only at the Platoon/Lance level do they use 4-unit elements.

Given the relativity small size of armies in Battletech the flexibility of breaking down into comparatively small sub-units is reasonable. 3 lances with 4 'mechs each allows a company to undertake 3 missions at once, while a binary with two stars of 5 'mechs each can only undertake 2 missions at once.

I can't help but think kicking the warrior class off their most important manufacturing world, seizing it and then fighting over who gets to loot the fuck out of it would have been more fitting and humiliating.

>Mad Cat factory ripped up and shipped back to Luthrin. By 3070 all the new ones have HORUBU DRAGON on them.

>And they scratch out "TIMBER WOLF FACTORY" to write "MAD CAT"

To be honest, after Tukayyid, Huntress and Strana Mechty the clans should have just fucking disbanded. Their entire raison d'être, their sole purpose, their biggest focus was war. And they sucked at it. They showed how they cant conduct a proper invasion, they showed how MUH HONOR hamstrings them at every turn and then they showed how the IS soldiers are actually better warriors too and all the advantages the clans had was because of better technology. Victor showing up and BTFOing all the crusaders should have caused a huge crisis and absoute desperation about the clan wa s.

It's been a Blood Spirit meme for years

Imagine this:
>SLDF flees with Kerensky
>finds the Pentagon Worlds and settles the Homeworlds as normal
>Nikky never happens; instead he's sane and keeps everyone unified as the SLRF (Star League Reunification Force)
>years go by as they scrape and scrimp and build
>map the surrounding systems
>eventually attack Nueva Castille and subjugate it
>get more resources and build more
>decades later invade the Hanseatic League
>you see where this is going
>in 3049 the SLRF arrives on The Rock
>as a unified force, they blitz through the Wrasslehogs and push for Terra
>nobody can stop the tide because the Inner Sphere is too fractured
>panic overtakes everyone and they try to unify to repel the invaders
>Terra is taken in late 3062
Where do we go from here?

They actually do what Kerensky bitched out of doing and restore the Star League over House troops.They probably elevante some descendant of Kerensky as First Lord and offer lenient peace treaties to the successor states, maybe after balkanizing them a bit.

The funniest thing is, the clans could have easily just crushed the Inner Shere if they had just brought all the clans along the ride Why not invade with all 17 extant clans instead of 4 and 2 reserve? What was their reasoning?

>Why not invade with all 17 extant clans instead of 4 and 2 reserve? What was their reasoning?
Muh Honor

>30 worlds, most of them minimally habitable by humans.
>Providing enough people to subjugate 2000 inhabited worlds, many of them terrformed for more then a century.

There were never enough clanners to provide enough warm bodies to take over the inner sphere.

But that wasnt even honorable, just stupid. It directly goes again Kerensky's famous quote"we all return we shall" or whatever and locked out most of the clans out of even competing to be the ilClan. Why didnt the other clans just call for the grand council vote about it?

Bodies don't matter. All they had to do was drive by with Warship squadrons, demand a surrender, and glass the entire planet except for the square mile around the HPG (so word can get out) if they refuse to surrender.

After the first 50 or so worlds, the "war" would be over.

There's no reason at all that the clans can't take over the entire Inner Sphere using this; there's not a damn thing the entire Successor States working together could do to stop it.

A bunch of clans didn't want to invade and considered it a terrible idea. They forced strong limits on the invasion as a condition of allowing it at all.

Facts are no defense against complaining that the Clans are stupid.

>Weapons required to kill a Warship:

>1 fusion warhead

Yeah, no. They'd burn the Aries Convention and the clans would be ashes. If the clanners switched to using nukes to attack worlds they wouldn't get the great powers to surrender. They have vastly more experience in that kind of fighting in the Bad Old Days and might not fight like that anymore but they sure as fuck remember how.

Second reason that's stupid..

>Ghost Bears have the largest warship fleet

>They'd burn the Smoke Jags and Green Burds for trying.

Guess people would be more conductive to the mythical SLDF returning and reinstating the Star League than a bunch of tribals with animal mascots screaming about muh honor. Striking together and not actively fighting eachother would mean they might have a shot at successfully blitzing to Terra and taking Tharkad and Luthien in the process.

It could be a space WW2 if handled well.

>dayum, it looks like Operation REVIVAL is a thing, those crusaders are going to invade no matter what and one of them will be the ilClan, the clan of clans, the highest honor achieveable
>me? competing in that naaah dude, we jus chillin
>why would we want to protect the inner sphere as wardens or actually take place of the promised return?

Accurate representation of home clans. The pussy wardens even bitched out of a great refusal aganist the crusaders themselves. It just show how duplicitous and stupid clan "honor" actually is.

Also the Cobras, Ravens, and Cats are all strongly warden and have big fleets

>doing the EXACT thing that would make everyone unite aganist them

Because it worked out so fell for the jags, right? Bombarding ONE city eventually marked them for Annihilation.

>>Weapons required to kill a Warship:
>1 fusion warhead
>Yeah, no

That will work for about 1 month, until word gets around, and then the Clans will just start using pirate points to jump in and atomize everything in orbit.

What are the Successor States going to use to launch their nukes? Capital missiles don't exist for them until the mid-3050s. They can use, at best, massed ASF attacks with underwing ordnance, which the Clanners can just from since they have massively higher fuel reserves and use their superior ASFs to attrit the IS ASFs to nothingness and run them out of fuel.

You seem to be operating under the delusion that the IS can somehow magically know when and where the Clans are going to attack next and mass nuke-capable units at both the nadir and zenith jump points, plus blanket the system. It's a delusion. Get over it.

>oh God it's another clan glassturbstion episode
Face facts, if FASA had intended for WarShips to actually matter in the invasion, the IS would have recovered/had them all along
Any form of
BUT WHAT IF X DID Y THAT'S AGAINST WHAT THE WRITERS SET CONDITIONS TO BE LIKE BUT THE OTHER SIDE DOESN'T GET THE SAME CONSIDERATIONS
fanfiction is pure trash and y'all should be ashamed. You'll are straight out Medron Pryde but the Pryde is a bloodname this time

Yeah, 13 years later.

By the time the IS can figure out what's happening, have their leaders meet up, get joint production and operation protocols up and running, and have built enough of a production run to give them a chance in hell, the Clanners will have conquered or completely wiped out everything "north" of Terra at a minimum. With LF batteries, and all 17 Clans attacking with full Warship bombardment as the option, they'd be taking 60-90 light-years worth of "depth" per month. The IS is looking at 2 months to get the word out, a month to arrange meetings, a month to set up joint protocols at BEST, and 6-10 months of dedicated production. At a bare minimum time and bare minimum advance distance (9 months at 60 LY/month), that's a 540 light-year penetration of the IS, which is basically from The Rock all the way to Terra.

With 17 Clans and no holds barred SLDF-level warship deployment, the IS is completely, irretrievably, fucked. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Warrior caste. It has everything to do with "Warships Win" and the IS has no reasonable counter, and won't until the late 3050s (in canon).